Charlene Wittstock Current Events 3 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I have no idea if PA and CW will ever marry, but I cannot imagine Princess Caroline agreeing to the balcony appearance and photo ops, not only for her but for every other member of her family except for Charlotte and Alexandra, if it were not very serious. Interesting, too, that Charlotte was not photographed with Charlene.

^Charlotte was on the balcony but just no photographed next to Charlene. Probably doesnt mean anything.

lea said:
Interesting, too, that Charlotte was not photographed with Charlene.
From what I hear Charlotte is the brightest of the trio, so seeing that she is not male and intelligent, probably didn't spark off any interesting conversations. Charlene was flirting with every male around her and we all know that men are primarily not interested in a womans intelligence. And the pics with Caro didn't show any mutual interest either. Caro was being polite, Charlene was bored.

paca said:
Charlene was flirting with every male around her and we all know that men are primarily not interested in a womans intelligence. And the pics with Caro didn't show any mutual interest either. Caro was being polite, Charlene was bored.

Personally I don't think she was flirting with every men at the GP, she just had some fun with Albert's family. And about Caroline and Charlene, that is just your personal subjective opinion. We only had a few pics of them and so far we don't know what they were talking about. Thus it could be possible that they were just very fascinated by watching the GP. And that's my personal opinion. ;)

paca said:
From what I hear Charlotte is the brightest of the trio, so seeing that she is not male and intelligent, probably didn't spark off any interesting conversations. Charlene was flirting with every male around her and we all know that men are primarily not interested in a womans intelligence. And the pics with Caro didn't show any mutual interest either. Caro was being polite, Charlene was bored.

this is way too sweeping a statement. i'm sorry, but the animosity for charlene is too evident.

tbhrc said:
Personally I don't think she was flirting with every men at the GP, she just had some fun with Albert's family. And about Caroline and Charlene, that is just your personal subjective opinion. We only had a few pics of them and so far we don't know what they were talking about. Thus it could be possible that they were just very fascinated by watching the GP. And that's my personal opinion. ;)

I totally agree. It is so easy to be misled by a few pictures. They take everything out of context. And surely we all know that the photographers get paid loads for these pictures, and even more when the pictures is shows the subject in a less than favorable light. Sure CW didn't finish high school and she likes to call PA her soul mate, but maybe she does love him. I know that if I was in love it would be hard to keep my mouth shut. At least she isn't jumping up and down on sofas.

I think the jury is likely still out on CW, on all fronts. If PA was smitten and ready to rush down the isle, likely something would have leaked by now. (Which doesn't mean it won't) And if Caroline wanted become best friends with CW, she would probably be seen out shopping and eating with her. It's gotta be hard to keep a straight face when you've seen someone in the news paper half naked with their mouth on your brothers nipple. Then to read the ridiculous "soul mate" comment. (Holy corn)

Maybe CW isn't just a distraction for the public from all the illegitamate children, maybe it's a distraction for PA too.......

originally posted by Paca

I agree with you Paca. There is a saying, "a picture says 1000 words" and I am much more inclined to listen to the theories of someone that is actually from Monaco. You obviously have a much greater insight than all of us on this board who are not there and just speculating. I don't think it has anything to do with Paca's anomosity toward Charlene or anyone, its just the TRUTH.

If a picutre says 1000 words, the photos of Caroline and Charlene CLEARLY say, Caro doesn't want anything to do with Charlene. Whether they are photographed next to each other or not. Caro is NOT happy in the photos.

And I don't think Paca is that far off on the flirting with men issue either. If you look at all the photos, she is laughing and flirty with all the guys, and Charolette was nowhere around in any photo with her, Caro was clearly unhappy in the photos. Stephanie wasn't ever in a photo with her at anytime during her 15 day stay there.

If you notice, the only people smiling in the photos with her were the men. What red blooded man wouldn't be smiling with a blonde in a black tube top and mini skirt who is flirting with them, knowing the type of women Albert dates;)

WindsorIII said:
I agree with you Paca. There is a saying, "a picture says 1000 words" and I am much more inclined to listen to the theories of someone that is actually from Monaco. You obviously have a much greater insight than all of us on this board who are not there and just speculating. I don't think it has anything to do with Paca's anomosity toward Charlene or anyone, its just the TRUTH.

Well as long as paca hasn't talked to Caroline or Charlene, she is just speculating as all the others here around. I honestly don't think we can judge their relationship on the basis of a few pics, there could be 1000 reasons why they looked that way.

leahteresa said:
I think the jury is likely still out on CW, on all fronts. If PA was smitten and ready to rush down the isle, likely something would have leaked by now....

I don't believe it is possible to "rush" down the aisle...If PA and CW were going to marry in the Catholic Church, CW would first have to take classes to convert (all of you know that already). But prior to marriage, she would first have to receive the Sacrament of Baptism, the Sacrament of Holy Communion, and the Sacrament of Confirmation before she would be allowed to receive the Sacrament of Marriage. Anybody getting married in the Catholic Church has to have all the preceding Sacraments prior to the Sacrament of Marriage. No exceptions to the rule. Therefore, the conversion and receiving all the necessary Sacrements is going to take time.

tbhrc said:
Well as long as paca hasn't talked to Caroline or Charlene, she is just speculating as all the others here around. I honestly don't think we can judge their relationship on the basis of a few pics, there could be 1000 reasons why they looked that way.
totally agree, unless you are a personal friend of one of them, we arel all pretty much doing the same thing on this board. Speculating.

mw7060a said:
I don't believe it is possible to "rush" down the aisle...If PA and CW were going to marry in the Catholic Church, CW would first have to take classes to convert (all of you know that already). But prior to marriage, she would first have to receive the Sacrament of Baptism, the Sacrament of Holy Communion, and the Sacrament of Confirmation before she would be allowed to receive the Sacrament of Marriage. Anybody getting married in the Catholic Church has to have all the preceding Sacraments prior to the Sacrament of Marriage. No exceptions to the rule. Therefore, the conversion and receiving all the necessary Sacrements is going to take time.
Yes but you can recieve them all at one time in just a matter of weeks and I took the classes once a week for just two hours so in her case she would probably take it for much less time considering they would be done privately just for her I am almost sure. I converted to catholic and i did it all on the same mass. Baptism, holy communion and confirmation.

mw7060a said:

All she needs to do is promise to raise the children Catholic. She actually doesn't even have to covert --they can still be married in the Catholic church. Marriages occur betwen Catholics and Potestants all the time. But in order to marry in the Catholic Church-the Protestant must accept the Catholic church faith for the children.
She can always convert later, if she wishes.

Last edited:
Catholic Church...

I was married in a Catholic church and I am not catholic, nor did I have to convert, nor did I have to promise to raise catholic children. I would imagine CW would have to convert but somehow I think that process can be speed up or slowed down by whomever is doing the converting. I even told the priest who married us that there was to be no communion at our ceremony unless he was going to offer it to everyone in the church. Well, he actually agreed that it should be given to everyone but said he could not...

mw7060a said:
Thats how I understood it having been through the classes the process begans in September-October and end at Easter Vigil every year around the world.

14kzktu.jpg

editorial:

EVEN the most cynical among us here at YOU are starting to believe Monaco’s Pink Palace may soon have a South African as its princess. Our lead story this week was bought from the highly respected German magazine Bunte, which assigned two journalists to trace and interpret the way in which Prince Albert has been introducing Olympic swimmer Charlene Wittstock to the world.
There’s even talk of wedding bells in October, would you believe? The inevitable comparisons between our own Charlene and Monaco’s iconic Princess Grace are about to begin and soon magazines will be clamouring for photographs of her in gorgeous ballgowns at the fanciest parties. In fact, European media are already comparing her to Princess Diana. Seems the life of a South African swimming star is turning into a fairytale. And we can’t wait to bring you the details!

www.you.co.za

originally posted by tbhrc
Well as long as paca hasn't talked to Caroline or Charlene, she is just speculating as all the others here around.

When I made the comment that Paca lives in Monaco and has a greater insight, I, in no way meant to imply that anyone elses posts are less true or less important. I think that everyone's posts are great and important whether I agree with them or not.

I was only trying to make the point that she has a different perspective living in Monaco and hearing the points of view from Monaco, than all of the rest of us on the board.

From everything I know of Monaco it is less than the size of Central Park. Well if I was a worker in Central Park and a big story broke out there. I would have a different perspective being there and working there and seeing everything happening about the story than others from around the US who may comment or speculate on what may be happening there.

This is the point I was trying to make. I apologize it it was misunderstood. I am on these boards because I LOVE reading everyone's perspective. :)

Its just unique to have a Monaco voice.

Thanks Tiawanika- And all of that hype is going to work-We'll be convinced that" Here world is my Etheral Lovely One straight from Botticelli's painting, as well as the Mona Lisa."

Its one thing to be and do what you want when you have the power b ut to make a----- out of people trying to make them believe they know nothing about human behavior. Now we know what can be done where there is a will. So we understand the parenting thing that too could have been worked with magic, or a let's pretend just for the good it would do or could have done. So when you're big enough you make the rules,demand the mind sets!

So here recently we see a lot of selfish,personal self-promoting stuff-however one little girl has benefitted, I guess So to be a Pollyanna, I have to believe in miracles right before my/our eyes and (here's that word again) hope for a fairy tale world.

I am an ex-South African who bought the YOU magazine regularly. It is a gossip magazine but quite often told the truth. At this stage though I am adopting a 'wait and see' attitude with regards to the story about PA and CW getting married in October.

Stellad

I guess I think if they were really getting married in October, a gossip mag from South Africa probably wouldn't have the "scoop" on it.....doesn't really make sense.

I think CW is on the way OUT...and that is why we have not seen her. Calling her the "official companion" is the absolute worst thing he or his dummy PR people could do. Just begs the question, what's her "official duty"? Well, after the Maldives pics I think we all know....it's tacky and I cannot believe CW or any woman would let any man treat their reputation so carelessly.

I might be wrong. But the article seems to repeat and summarize everything that was already written in tabloids.

Having slightly recovered, I remembered something: I read in a tabloid mag yesterday that the Monaco palace is being refurbished and renovated. As CW will soon have to live there, Albert lets her have her say in this as well.

Anyone (Paca?) who knows if this is actually true (the renovation bit, that is)? I haven't heard a thing about it, but that's not really saying anything...

The stories are getting more far-fetched by the day. I imagine Albert sitting on the couch, beer in one hand, sniggering to himself thinking:"well, I got them fooled. I finally got one over those <censored> media guys!" :)
G.

If the palace were undergoing some kind of major renovation (such as a potential bride would make to the private quarters), there would be more word than an afterthought sentence in an article about Charlene.

This one is a straw-grasper. Rainier didn't even let Grace touch anything until after they were married. Of course the technology of the security and press offices didn't need so much as they do today.

Ann

I thought Albert was suppose to be a romantic guy. If the article in the Times is correct, and Charlene went to the jewerly with a body guard to pick out her ring, what does that say about his romantic side?

Did he design a vase for auction a few years ago?

If my memory is correct even Prince Charles designed the ring he gave to Diana.

Ghislaine said:
Having slightly recovered, I remembered something: I read in a tabloid mag yesterday that the Monaco palace is being refurbished and renovated. As CW will soon have to live there, Albert lets her have her say in this as well.

Anyone (Paca?) who knows if this is actually true (the renovation bit, that is)? I haven't heard a thing about it, but that's not really saying anything...

The stories are getting more far-fetched by the day. I imagine Albert sitting on the couch, beer in one hand, sniggering to himself thinking:"well, I got them fooled. I finally got one over those <censored> media guys!" :)
G.
THere is actually some renovation going on (actually they are working constantly on the palace, i.e. the paintings in the court), but that concerns the official part of the palace. I think there was some work done on the roof. Nothing extraordinary IMO, just regular maintenance that needs to be done once in a while. I think CW would only be redecorating the private quarters, if anything and that only after things are official. Besides the'd probably hire an architect to do so and all she would have to do is say whether she likes it or not. The main part of the palace is not a matter of private taste. Changes that would take place there, would be slight (maybe different pics or statues). And those would probably not be chosen by someone who has no knowlegde about the history of art and the history of the family. I am sure that they would consult with some experts for that sort of work.

Don't you think Albert and Charlene should engage already and get it over with? So much speculation is worse and the media will not rest until they finally announce the engagement. Let's face it, she is young and very pretty and at his age, isn't that what middle age men are looking for? I wish he would have found me, but he wouldn't be attracted to a middle aged woman. Keeping the world in suspense is causing more disturbances and the media is printing everything and anything they can to keep the interest level high amongst the public. During her stay in Monaco, which I believe was a couple of weeks, it is possible that all these meetings were part of the agenda. Who knows, she might surprise the world and become a wonderful Princess of Monaco. For Albert, his family and Monaco, I sure hope so.

Never mind what a gossip mag prints or not; the key question is: does Charlene speak French? or is she taking french lessons? SHe will not be a credible princess of Monaco without that. For me that would be a much better tell tale sign than her going shopping

maryellen1539 said:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2230601,00.html

here is the website if anyone wants to read the entire article.
This newspaper is a credible source. Charlene is probably 'the one'. How the union is portrayed by the media, with her being 20 years younger than Prince Albert, will depend on the so far dismal public relations of PA.

And I do think that the acknowledgment of his 14-year-old daughter is related to cleaning out old skeletons in the closet so that he could start fresh with Charlene and their children.

altagrace said:
Never mind what a gossip mag prints or not; the key question is: does Charlene speak French? or is she taking french lessons? SHe will not be a credible princess of Monaco without that. For me that would be a much better tell tale sign than her going shopping
I agree with this. She will have to compete with the perceptions people have of other recent princesses; that she is at least smart and savvy enough to master the language of the people she will reign over. I think while PA imo just wants a tall, blonde, trophy for a wife and princess of monaco, she at least has to appear intelligent and articulate. She will be compared to Caroline, Letizia, Mary and Maxima more than she will be compared to Grace or Diana. I also think that since she's not American and because of Albert's reputation as a playboy with illegitimate children, an engagement and marriage will initially make news in the U.S. but not in the long term.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom