Charlene Wittstock Current Events 3 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lillia said:
I totally agree 1000%, paca. for now, PA seems to be enjoying himself at the moment and CW does too, but she may try to press her expectations, if she has any.

And with her family probably whispering in her ear about how to not be 'cling-y' and whatever else, who knows.

only time will tell.:rolleyes:
So I guess that you're saying that it's not yet the time to post her biography in this section of the forum!

Dave

dw2108 said:
So I guess that you're saying that it's not yet the time to post her biography in this section of the forum!

Dave
Oh dear heavens no!!!

LOL!!:p ;)

leahteresa said:
I posted this on the PA current events thread but it probably belongs here...

That article about women swamping Monoco looking for a paturnity test is absolutley lhilarious....I've come accross a few people on line who claim to have had one nighters with Albert. They really have no reason to lie but what are the chances....He also got some very bad press last night on Bill OReily. Robin Leach pretty much said he'd worked his way through the models in LA, New York, and "especially" Paris. I think the Charlene "annoucnement" is weak and almost insulting. "Offical companion" What the he.. is that? What's her job? Anyone?
Need you ask? I think the 'role' is defined pretty clearly with CW helping alot by the way she carries herself in public (which she also telegraph to the world clearly what has happened in private between them).

PA and CW are not children, they clearly have an adult relationship by consent...

CW is not a baby.

I wonder what historical significance an 'official companion' has had in the past with other princes/kings? Has there been anybody like that any where else?

I think an interesting question would be who CW could be compared to historically as an 'official companion'? Anybody know?

(all the perks, no real responsibilities and don't have to go to work. good for her, a lot of people would not mind....;))

paca said:
he might have to move out of his regular fishing pond and look in places he has never looked before
Couldn't agree more. Albert needs to get out of his rarefied world however difficult that would be, granted. The glamourous fishbowl that's Monaco/New York/etc. is not going to yield him the love of his life, I'm afraid.

It's interesting to me that some of these in-the-spotlight royals manage to find a perfectly suitable bride in places one wouldn't expect it: prince Frederik of Denmark found himself a girl who had nothing in common with him in terms of background, but who turned out to be utterly suitable, and then some.

Same with for example William and Kate Middleton. A girl picked out of a sheer endless rank of eligible commoners. But utterly suitable all the same.

On the other hand, there's for example Constantijn of the Netherlands, son of the queen, who would have his pick of girls but who does he end up with? The daughter of his mother's best friend, he and the girl he practically grew up together! And his brother Alexander ends up somehwat predictably, with a girl who roamed around in the usual rarified world he did, so no surprise there either.

Boring boring boring. At least Albert typically dates OUTSIDE of the category his mom would have wanted him in..

If I were Albert I would try to get exposure to as many people OUT of his usual circles as possible, and no, I'm not talking about picking up girls in the local club. And then just wait for love (not lust!) to come along I think.

On the events calendar, Tbhrc posted that there was a Swimming, International Meeting in Monaco 3 Jun-4 Jun. Did Charlene attend as either a swimmer or as the "official companion"? Would have been one way she could earn her keep.

PA was in th states at the time and I haven't seen any pics of her (if se would have been there I'm sure there would have been pics somewhere), so I guess she didn't dare to go on her own.

I may be slow on the uptake but has Charlene moved to MC??????????? I don't know why I have been thinking this but I guess the idea of "official companion" is what put it in my head. I get the impression that she's now a "live in."

I really hope Albert settles down soon. It would be nice to see him with a real family...wife and children born in the context of marriage. Would he be happier and more confident? I can't say, I don't know him? I'd like to see him give marriage a chance...it could work for him.

I would like to see him with a wife and children, but also letting his older children to be part of that life. A marriage and children will not change his past and his children, out of wedlock or born in the context of marriage, has the right to create a relation between them.

Does anyone know if it is probable that she will be at The World Cup, I mean PA and his nephews are huge football fans, so I'm guessing they'll make an appearance. Do you guys think that if PA does attend the Cup, she'll be with him? She seems to be his companion for sporting events.

Any thoughts?

Charlene pics during Monaco weekend.
(PDV,VSD)
numriser00100tl.jpg

numriser00126mc.jpg

numriser00086mo.jpg

numriser00075zo.jpg

sanstitre3dj.jpg
numriser00054hy.jpg

Now I understand better. She's his 'live-in' girlfriend, I guess. She's his lover. In terms of people at court knowing, I'm sure they've seen this before (they knew abut NC and all the others). It just this time with CW, it's being played out in public view to an extent, in the magazines and such, which for PA has not happened for a while (in public with a girlfriend, I mean). I'm sure his staff has seen it all though.

Ok, so maybe she's living off of Albert (of her own free will, of course).

How did CW support herself before? How did she derive her income?

So, it has been clearly established by her own interviews that CW has no college education and she is a high school drop-out. It is documented that circumstances like hers would mean serious difficulty in terms of future stability, especially for a woman. It means unless she changes things, usually the woman is bound to be totally dependant on someone else for her well-being.

It seems CW is "using what her mother gave her" to get onto the balcony in MC and presumably now she's into one of PA's apartments in Paris, and is working hard to transform that into a proposal from him (hoped for eventually, but CW needs to get to and keep the 1st and exclusive with PA - as spoken by her father in his most recent interview with the press).

I think it's funny to see this posturing and positioning that her father and granny have been doing in their interviews with the press and how CW herself has been operating in the press and in public. It brings to mind the stories I've heard of long ago how families would bring/send their daughters to court hoping that the king would notice her and then decide to make the girl 'his favorite' because of all the benefits it could bestow on her/them. Same thing going on here, imo.

So, this is my question; how has CW been supporting herself?

I mean, ok, she swam at the Olympics a few years ago and placed 5th or 6th overall or something like that, but that's about it. Nothing much to trade on today because it's long past. She admits to having no formal education (which does not mean she is not charming and intelligent, btw). But it translates to no real career prospects, no earning potential at all. CW claims to be a 'professional swimmer'. Does anyone know if she has had any commercial endorsements? Who is her sponsor or is she still even considered part of the SA swim team? Who has been taking care of her then? Has she been living off the resources of the SA swim team, or her parents? Her own savings? A prior boyfriend?

Just where was she getting the money to support herself before now? Was she really famous in SA? Did she ever have any type of gainful employment -- or is she basically unemployed? I am not asking that to take anything away from her either. CW has to make her way in this world like everyone else.

I think it's interesting and I'd certainly like to know.:p

Last edited:
Please remember this thread deals with Charlene Wittstock's current events and not old kings' mistresses. Let's make a decent effort to stay on topic.

Thanks,

Mandy
Monaco Moderator

As Albert's "Official Companion" does Charlene attend functions?

For instance the birthday King Bhumibol of Thailand, did she go with Albert?

BurberryBrit said:
She is so child-like.

I agree. In private she might get away with it. But in public how hard is is to show a little maturity. I think most men (especially in his position) would have let her go after all the comments or posturing at the Olympics. Actually I wouldn't think most men would have given her a second date & would have some regrets about the first, after what she did.

It's hard to believe he doesn't mind CW & her family talking to the press (It reflects so poorly on him) - I guess after the 1st date why would he or any anybody else expect anything different from her, that was pretty revealing. She acts like such a schoolgirl, and all she has to do is nothing, except keep her mouth shut you wouldn't think that would be that hard to do. I guess she should have enough material for a tell-all book by now. So sad!

sandsla said:
I agree. In private she might get away with it. But in public how hard is is to show a little maturity. I think most men (especially in his position) would have let her go after all the comments or posturing at the Olympics. Actually I wouldn't think most men would have given her a second date & would have some regrets about the first, after what she did.

It's hard to believe he doesn't mind CW & her family talking to the press (It reflects so poorly on him) - I guess after the 1st date why would he or any anybody else expect anything different from her, that was pretty revealing. She acts like such a schoolgirl, and all she has to do is nothing, except keep her mouth shut you wouldn't think that would be that hard to do. I guess she should have enough material for a tell-all book by now. So sad!

IMO maybe she has been a ?calculated? diversion from that OTHER area of his life that just hit the headlines! ;)

Last edited:
People magazine's current issue explains that PA is revealing his children because he is trying to get his house in order before he marries CW. Their sources say that she has already been taking ettiquette lessons from a palace courtier. They included pictures and quotes from "sources".
I hope this is not true...
Creative mind--Has "People" ever been wrong?:confused: Do they have trusted sources??

Last edited:
Regarding Charlene: I think people assume that PA wants an educated, mature woman (something many posters believe Charlene is lacking). I believe he wants a woman who is less powerful than him. He wants to be the superior in the relationship. He wants to be the center of attention and the brains who runs Monaco. He doesn't want a woman to overpower him, imo. Charlene fits the bill. Even the People Magazine story states that "she seems a little bit timid, which is very much like him." Imo, he just wants a woman by his side to look like a beautiful trophy princess and not give him any trouble or conflict.

teense said:
People magazine's current issue explains that PA is revealing his children because he is trying to get his house in order before he marries CW. Their sources say that she has already been taking ettiquette lessons from a palace courtier. They included pictures and quotes from sources.
I hope this is not true...
Creative mind--Has "People" ever been wrong?:confused: Do they have trusted sources??

In my professional opinion People usually isn't wrong but certainly can be. Okay, sorry if I just added to more confusion with that answer. But, it depends on how the article is written. If sources they're citing are palace officials and the Prince himself then they could be dead on correct (but spokeholes as we call them lie too). However, I haven't read the article but from what it sounds, it's as if they've just taken tabloid reports from other sources. I would say of all the U-S based entertainment/celebrity magazines they're the most reliable. Libel and privacy laws are a bit more lenient in the U-S so if it is wrong because from what it sounds there's nothing malicious in it, they could get away with it not being entirely correct. Sorry folks but that's the way it goes. I deal with issues of can we go with this story or that, is it libelous, or not every day. If a story is nasty like hypothetically it talks about Prince X married to Princess W and then goes on to say he's cheated and names names and doesn't have concrete proof then legal trouble. Notice how the lawsuits against tabloids in the U-S are few and far between -- it's gotta be a pretty damaging story for a celebrity to go to court.

So, in terms of People it's a 50/50 split. It seems what they wrote is harmless enough about the Prince. But following the Jazmin revelation I'm sure it's another headline to help sell magazines.

Thank you Creativemind!!!!!
When I looked at the photos from the Olympic stands and the Maldives, a lot of words come to mind but not "timid".... If "People" got this wrong, maybe they are wrong about the other things too...:)

Right now, she overpowers him. She shakes her finger at him and is physically demonstative--pulling on him, lying on his lap at the Olympics.She dominates when they are shown together.CW loves to gesticulate and make faces. I think PA could be initially shy due to his stammer, but I think he wants a flashy woman--life of the party...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

The photos from the Grand Prix show an outgoing woman --at least with the guys....Smoking and wearing a tube- top and mini skirt during the daytime from an elegant Royal box shows her to be a daring woman.

I agree Teense! Her body language says it all. I'm trying to get the People article. It just really sounds to me like they pieced it together. I'd like to know if their sources give their names in the article or does it sound like a compilation of the stuff we all have been reading from the European and South African tabloids (good ole grandma's infamous article).

teense said:
Smoking and wearing a tube- top and mini skirt during the daytime from an elegant Royal box shows her to be a daring woman.

IMO a timid person would not only dress but act accordingly. So far the pictures seem to show otherwise. Then, there are those who could say, well, these photo agencies only post the BAD ones of her. I don't think so. We have, since the Olympics seen a number of photos of her and they all give off a very, imo, tacky over the top image. Until now, the press on Charlene, albeit mostly tabloid has been VERY favorable to her and Prince Albert. Impending engagement, french lessons, etc.... So, it would follow that the agencies photographers would capture her in her best light so the pictures match the story, right? Maybe the reason we've only seen these imo over the top, non elegant, classless photos of her is because that is her personality (a picture is definitely worth a thousand words). Charlene is not someone imo I would view as timid as termed by People Magazine. But again, I'm just talking about photographs. We talk to the magazine a few times a week at my job, I'll see what I can find out on how they got the story --- can't promise though.

Last edited:
teense said:
When I looked at the photos from the Olympic stands and the Maldives, a lot of words come to mind but not "timid".... If "People" got this wrong, maybe they are wrong about the other things too...:)
I don't know what situations she might have shown timidity but she will not be intellectual competition for Albert. He doesn't seem to like that. He wants to be the superior and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he married this 28-year-old eager princess-in-waiting. It doesn't mean I like it but that's the way the cards might fall into place.

Last edited:
Laviollette said:
Regarding Charlene: I think people assume that PA wants an educated, mature woman (something many posters believe Charlene is lacking). I believe he wants a woman who is less powerful than him. He wants to be the superior in the relationship. He wants to be the center of attention and the brains who runs Monaco. He doesn't want a woman to overpower him, imo. Charlene fits the bill. Even the People Magazine story states that "she seems a little bit timid, which is very much like him." Imo, he just wants a woman by his side to look like a beautiful trophy princess and not give him any trouble or conflict.
If you are right and he actually does marry her, then I think their marriage would not hold long or at least only as long as she admires him. I know a lot of men (possibly the majority) do need admiration (hence the obscurre need for us to be around as helps when they do a little handy work around, where our main purpose is to watch them do in 2 hrs what we could have done ourselves in 15 min.;) ), possibly to compensate their inferiority complexes. If a woman is gifted to do so, she has a high chance in a relationship with such a man. But in my experience in daily life within a relationships, you get to see a lot of things that aren't so admirable about your partner. And your admiration might dim a little, which he of course wouldn't understand, because he is still the same man, so why do you admire him less? If a relation is build on one partner needing admiration and the other needing to admire, then once this balance shifts, the relationship is pretty much doomed, unless both learn to change their patterns.

IMO what Albert really needs is someone to help him and support him and strengthen his self esteem. But that can not be done by stary eyed admiration. It needs a woman, who knows where se stands, who is strong and can help him pointing out his strength, but also helping him to recognize his weaknesses and trying to overcome them or accept them, without feeling bad about having them. To be able to this, she needs to be smart and loving. And I am sorry to say that IMO Charlene does not fit that bill.

originally posted by Creative Minds I'd like to know if their sources give their names in the article or does it sound like a compilation of the stuff we all have been reading from the European and South African tabloids (good ole grandma's infamous article).

Creative Minds, People magazine quote the following sources in this order: I will write them as they put it:

one royal watcher
a woman from Monaco who has dated him
Royal observer Isabelle Rivere
Bruce McCormick, Cody Wyoming newspaper editor
a parent of one of Jazmine's former classmates
Friends say...(I guess of Albert's)
says a source...
says one observer..

At the bottom it says by Bob Meadows, Peter Mikelbank in Paris, Simon Perry in London, Champ Clark and Ken Lee in Palm Desert, Johnny Dodd in Los Angelas, Courtney Rubin in Turin and Nancy Wilson in Nice France.

Hope that helps.

Laviollette said:
I don't know what situations she might have shown timidity but she will not be intellectual competition for Albert. He doesn't seem to like that. He wants to be the superior and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he married this 28-year-old eager princess-in-waiting. It doesn't mean I like it but that's the way the cards might fall into place.
Maybe some people interpreted her behaviour at the after Grand Prix party as being timid, though to me se was just a fish out of water. She didn't know how to be have with these people and probably isn't accustomed to wearing this kind of robes. Of course there are timid people over compensating by showing the exact opposite of a timid person, being out going, over the top, flirting with everyone and talking almost all the time. But I don't think that is the case here. She is showing Albert off like a prize she has won somewhere (it is not him showing her off, his behaviour would be different in that case). Let's see how long he likes to be Charlene's prize ox.

Amen to all you just said Paca. I also believe a relationship needs to be reciprocal in some way -- not a mentor, mentee ( is that a word) -- admiration, in awe, look what I'm getting from you -- situation. I agree if they do marry, there are so many imbalances between them, it won't last.
A married folks out there -- once the physical wears off, you've gotta deal with reality and that other person. Yes, you can say well all Albert needs is an heir. Yes, he does, but, and maybe I'm dreaming, it would be nice that it happens with a well-adjusted woman who's got a good head on her shoulders, educated etc ...(fill in the blank here with your favorite qualities posters ) ... But has a strong sense of herself ... I'd hate to see the Grimaldis add to that already ahem, interesting gene pool of theirs. BREAK THE SPELL ALBERT, MARRY A WOMAN OF SUBSTANCE, PUUUUHHHLEEEEASE!:D

P.S. Maybe Charlene is Mother Teresa meets MENSA!!!!!! :)

(mensa is an organization for individuals with high intelligence)

P.P.S. That was an unfunny joke!

Last edited:
WindsorIII said:
Creative Minds, People magazine quote the following sources in this order: I will write them as they put it:

one royal watcher
says a source...
says one observer..

At the bottom it says by Bob Meadows, Peter Mikelbank in Paris, Simon Perry in London, Champ Clark and Ken Lee in Palm Desert, Johnny Dodd in Los Angelas, Courtney Rubin in Turin and Nancy Wilson in Nice France.

Hope that helps.
Well that sounds like they have made a nice little compilation of what has been in the European tabloids. I think I need to get a few prescriptions from my doctor for a back therapy again, so that I can get some first hand information from one of Alberts (talkative) friends.;)

Even if she's not "timid" (didn't know I'd cause a storm with that word), and she is in fact aggressive, classless, tacky, uneducated and talks too much to the press, Albert has her in his life and has brought her to Monaco. He thinks she is appropriate to be his "official companion" and have her accompany him to public events. I say this knowing he has done this with dozens of women in the past and so far, without an engagement ring, she is just like all the others. But he has overlooked any blabbing by her father and granny in South Africa and doesn't seem to think she lacks class, etc. She's his kind of gal.

WindsorIII said:

one royal watcher
says a source...
says one observer..

Hope that helps.

Thanks!!!! Is the article online. I can't find it. I was looking specifically for the stuff about Charlene (I'm assuming Bruce McCormack is talking about the Jazmin angle). I just take issue with "says a source" -- who you're dog "says one observer" -- observer of what, photos in a tabloid magazine you just read. I'm being a smart-alek!!!:D ;)

I'm not doubting these people exist. It's really a 50/50 split with me on this one.

In any event I'm just waiting for the official palace announcement. At the bottom, those sound like the correspondents OR stories written by correspondents that they got their information from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom