Charlene Wittstock Current Events 3 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who say on another board that the marriage will take place in August in Newport Rhode Island are onto something. The plans have already been made -- 300 guests including family and friends.

Last edited:
Ooh Newport is near me! If he's going to marry CW, I do hope it's in Newport.

Lunagirl said:
Ooh Newport is near me! If he's going to marry CW, I do hope it's in Newport.

As a head of state, Albert has to get married in Monaco. If he were to be getting married there would have been an announcement by now and it would be taking place in the Cathedral in Monaco. The trip to Newport has more to do with an exhibit about his mother -- thus the entourage -- which is also taking place during the Newport Jazz Festival. Sorry dear, no wedding.

besides the palace has denied a wedding, but confirmed CW in her companion status

WindsorIII said:
I guess the days of journalists taking the info fed to them by the palace or Monaco's PR at face value are gone. I think there will be a little double checking going on in the future.

This should be fun to watch, I can't wait for the next chapter.

Windsor III -- you hit on an interesting point about "journalists taking the info fed to them by the palace". While I've never dealt with the palace in Monaco I have with major celebrities in my work and what has happened in my experience is that public relations people CAN and will "spin" stories - anonymously to the press (hmm, make it look like someone is about to marry someone!). They won't go on camera or make an official statement but are very crafty and calculating in getting the word out -- even if they talk to a reporter and say you can't use my name. So, in the case of PA and CW imo it may not necessarily always have been or be the tabloids making things up. I'm still waiting on the verdict for those two-- because just when you think it's one thing, it turns out to be another -- and then a new PA offspring shows up!!!! :) In any event, in my work I have had public relations people deny a story one day and then a few days later, a complete 360. It is entertaining for us journalists behind the scenes but at the same time very frustrating when you're trying to build crediblity with your outlet or publication because the public goes 'wait a minute' you darn journalists, LIARS, LIARS, LIARS. Please note, this isn't the truth about ALL reporting. And, I do think it's on all of us, including consumers to do our homework and wade through all the crud (if you don't buy into the bad stuff it goes out of business -- magazines, newspapers, news shows etc).

IMO no one is entirely clean when it comes to the lies put forward to the public -- the includes irresponsible members of the media and public relations people a-k-a SPOKEHOLES as we like to call them in the biz! :D

Last edited:
Royalcommentator said:
Those who say on another board that the marriage will take place in August in Newport Rhode Island are onto something. The plans have already been made -- 300 guests including family and friends.

Perhaps we could get the source of this rather confident assertion?

Does anyone have some concrete article/statement saying that there is going to be a wedding in Rhode Island? In my opinion, I sincerely doubt it, and if there is something in a reliable article/statement, well I'll have to take back my words. But again, I agree with pinklady1991, if there is a wedding I strongly believe it will be held in Monaco.

Love
Ani

CasiraghiTrio said:
This is all very interesting and you (and everyone else here) are making great points, but about BB's very first sentence here.... "a young girl with no education or future plans..." CW has an education and isn't she an Olympic athlete? What did you mean by that? I may be reading too much into it. :confused:

Lemme explain: Charlene is a high school dropout and although she said she would train for the 2008 olympics, she has been photoged smoking and seems to be more travelingband hob-knobbing than training. That's all I was referring to.

How can you people possibly believe that PA won't marry CW? It has all been so romantic, really ideal. I think you folks are

just DREAMING. (Sorry about the boo boo). Heresay: Somebody just said that their friend just recently visited MC and that the people like her very much. That she is sweet and quiet. For some reason I really, really believe he's really "into" her. I just believe they have a camaraderie or something special, and that he would not need her to be a huge participant publicly in his reign. But might just share good understanding heart/head talk.

Last edited by a moderator:
paca said:
The press, like most people, fell for it and now is slowly pulling away. They won't be too harsh on CW I expect, just finding reasons why a relationship wouldn't work and thus saving face when there is no wedding in the near future.

I don't think she is a decoy for the reason that PA dating her hurts his reputation more than the two illegitimate kids. That's something in his past & you can say he made some mistakes. But CW shows how he is STILL dating women w/o integrity, she exploits the relationship everytime she opens her mouth.

The idea that he is dating someone who actually went to the press after their first date with a play-by-play account & now he is presenting her to people? As someone said before on this board (I'm not sure if it was you Paca) & I'm not using the exact quote. "You would think any chance of a second date would be over". No woman w/ any self-respect would do that & it was very disrespectful to him (he doesn't care?).

The comment she made at the Olympics - I think she was asked how she was enjoying the Olympics? She replys that it's a good place for lovers? He's a member of the IOC & a past participant as she is? You might think she would mention something to do with the sports or at least the city or the people. But she chooses to squeak out that they're lovers? (after all thats why people go to the Olympics-it's a good place for lovers?). Again she wants to exploit the situation.

The Paris-Match interview along with all the exaggerated moves she makes to bring attention to her in most of the photos & her physical gestures to him in public - it should be the other way around, if there are any made. And her last quip about them being soulmates? She seems to be a very exploitive girl with the emotional maturity of a 12 year old, so if they are soulmates that doesn't say much for PA. The 20 year age difference is bad enough it makes him look like he has shallow ideas about women. I thought he said he wanted a partner? This is his emotional & intellectual equivalent?

When I saw the picture of her hanging off the balcony with the cigarette hanging out of her mouth. I couldn't stop laughing. "the new face of Monaco" or " you can dress them up... but you can't take them out" or maybe "a picture's worth a thousand words" in that case you only needed one....Cheap. She really looked out of place, it's really just common sense if you are accompaning the sovereign of a nation that is going to be wearing a suit or jacket & tie, you might try to dress accordingly.

I use to think what's going on with his PR people but when I saw that picture & her last quote, I now feel really sorry for them, the two kids & now this girl that can't shut her mouth to save her life - all in his first year. They're working as hard as the Bush PR people! I hope he's hanging on to his DNA here - this one seems worst than the others. I don't see why this current situation would play out any differently than the Nicole & Tamara affairs- only magnified. I can't believe they would want to use this as a distraction - She really hurts his image. He must have very low self-esteem to date these women or he falls so hard he is in denial about them until it's too late!

Perhaps the real strategy is Grace had raised the bar so high...now CW has certainly lowered it - mission accomplished! Sorry for such a long, long, post. I was on a roll:D

I agree----- the picture of her hanging off the royal balcony/box in the tube- top mini dress with the cigarette hanging out of her mouth was appalling.
How can anyone portray her as "Sweet"? after that photo?

He hooks up with the same women over and over and expects a different result. It is not so much Charlene as it is Albert. She contributes to his image as the shallow, promiscuous playboy that too many people have of him. It's why his two out-of-wedlock children hurt his reputation so much. Her comments to the press in the past few months and five years ago should be a big red flag yet he doesn't heed the warning clearly in front of him.

In my opinion he behaves like the classic liberal man who thinks he can behave the way he wants in his private life, however disreputable with women, but doesn't think it should reflect on his public role even as head-of-state, or that it should reflect on his character when in fact it does. Public behavior and private behavior are equally important.

Last edited:
sandsla said:
She really hurts his image. He must have very low self-esteem to date these women or he falls so hard he is in denial about them until it's too late!

Perhaps the real strategy is Grace had raised the bar so high...now CW has certainly lowered it - mission accomplished! Sorry for such a long, long, post. I was on a roll:D

Very well said.

I posted this on the PA current events thread but it probably belongs here...

That article about women swamping Monoco looking for a paturnity test is absolutley lhilarious....I've come accross a few people on line who claim to have had one nighters with Albert. They really have no reason to lie but what are the chances....He also got some very bad press last night on Bill OReily. Robin Leach pretty much said he'd worked his way through the models in LA, New York, and "especially" Paris. I think the Charlene "annoucnement" is weak and almost insulting. "Offical companion" What the he.. is that? What's her job? Anyone?

In this week's Bunte Mr. Wittstock, CW's father talks about how CW feels about the announcment of Jasmine and Alex.

He says CW doesn't care about PA's past and that all she wants is to be the ONLY woman in Prince Albert's life.

Here's the link:
http://bunte.t-online.de/c/81/26/06/8126062.html

Here's the english translation of this part of the story: (not very good but here)
Charlenes father: "Albert's Vorleben it does not interest" in the meantime Albert its daughter Jazmin recognized, like also its son Alexandre. Albert's new friend Charlene to feel impossible? Did it omit to be jealous on its children from earlier affairs, particularly Albert little on its erotischen way to it? Charlenes father Michael Wittstock (58) believes that its daughter will master the situation. He said too MULTICOLORED ONE: "the past of Albert does not interest my daughter. It wants only that she is now the only woman in its life. She loves children and everything for the fact will do that all humans are lucky in their surrounding field. Albert such as Charlene are family people." Then nothing more might probably stand to a lucky future in the way - even even if itself Albert still to Daniel, which newest candidate on its paternity, admit should.

WindsorIII said:
In this week's Bunte Mr. Wittstock, CW's father talks about how CW feels about the announcment of Jasmine and Alex.

He says CW doesn't care about PA's past and that all she wants is to be the ONLY woman in Prince Albert's life.
Looks like they are having some doubts about her being/staying the only woman in his life too. Funny how they are lowering the bar in their announcements now. Winds of change? He sounded much more confident a few weeks ago.

So she's not the only woman in his life right now and she knows it? That's what I get out of it. So much for being "soul mates".

Laura Elizabeth said:
So she's not the only woman in his life right now and she knows it? That's what I get out of it. So much for being "soul mates".
:D :D maybe PA has several souls to mate with ?;) :D

I actually feel sorry for CW now. Does she realize how foolish and desperate her and her family look? Why? All because they are dying for her to become a princess. Where do you draw the line?

I mean, the palace says she’s not getting the ring, but has the title “official companion” which to me sounds like she’s on the palace payroll.

<Removed conjecture-Mandy>

Then her family makes comments about what a family man PA is. What are they basing this on? When the only examples we have of PA’s family of his own is the abandonment of 2 children.

I know she’s a bit of an empty head in the brains department, but I wish she would have some dignity or self esteem. Can the allure of the public attention and celebrity be that strong?

This is even more why I don’t approve of her at all. No class or dignity, just desperation. Come on girl, wake up.

I better not go there :D I really don't want to get banned...

<Removed off-topic remarks - Mandy>
I think Charlene's Father is trying to make the best out of a bad situation. It would be best if they were all silent for a while, but I don't think that will happen.

And, it wouldn't be very entertaining for of us either :D

paca said:
Looks like they are having some doubts about her being/staying the only woman in his life too. Funny how they are lowering the bar in their announcements now. Winds of change? He sounded much more confident a few weeks ago.

I have to agree with paca on this. Charlene and her family seem to be circling the wagons right now and it sounds like Papa Wittstock is trying to force Albert's hand to make it seem that all she cares about is him but in reality it sounds a little desparate. It has to be bothering Charlene that suddenly all of these children are coming out for recognition and these "news" stories are somewhat eclipsing their relationship and impending wedding talk.

I also agree with Laura Elizabeth in that la famille Wittstock won't be content to sit on the sidelines particularly now that she's being called the "official companion." It doesn't sound like a step on the way to marriage; granted, I'm sure Albert can't "date" like everyone else but to me it seems like a dressier way of saying she's not Miss Right but Miss Right Now.

Paca -- have you ever heard the palace refer to one of Albert's women as "official companion". If so, any particular "definition" from the palace of what it means? :rolleyes: Just looking for some kind of "official" word on what it "officially" means. :rolleyes:

Here is another quote from this weeks BUNTE Nr. 24 - translated with Google:

Heiko Engelkes, 73, ARD-correspondent, reciever of the monagasque Order of culture:

Question:

Is the south-african swimmer the right one for Albert?

Answer:

"Absolutly! Charlene is very intelligent. .... They know each other for 6 years, she never clinged to him. Now he presented her twice, at the olympic games and in Monaco. Take a look, he wants to say it to the whole world, she is the new princess."

When I saw the picture of her hanging off the balcony with the cigarette hanging out of her mouth. I couldn't stop laughing. "the new face of Monaco" or " you can dress them up... but you can't take them out" or maybe "a picture's worth a thousand words" in that case you only needed one....Cheap. She really looked out of place, it's really just common sense if you are accompaning the sovereign of a nation that is going to be wearing a suit or jacket & tie, you might try to dress accordingly.

Do you have a link to the photograph?

paca said:
:D :D maybe PA has several souls to mate with ?;) :D

Ha...great play on the word...

Well, I think it's quite obvious that PA and CW are intimately involved (aka: sleeping together) Which is fine, they are both consenting adults. But it's just embarrassing to have stories spreading about PA with other women and her chatting on about "soul mates".

paca said:

Her father should not meddle in Charlene's personal business. It is not to him to telegraph his feelings (or whatever he thinks Charlene's thinking) in the press. CW has seemed to be content being Albert's 'companion' and they knew about Albert from the beginning, they know his age and everything else. This family is not unlike anyone else trying to grab onto Albert for fame, money, prestige, and so forth. I'm sure CW father desperately wants to have her marry into the MC royal family, regardless what PA does.:cool:

Last edited:
leahteresa said:
Ha...great play on the word...

Well, I think it's quite obvious that PA and CW are intimately involved (aka: sleeping together) Which is fine, they are both consenting adults. But it's just embarrassing to have stories spreading about PA with other women and her chatting on about "soul mates".

Whether or not these stories are substantiated is another matter but I think it goes to show that CW is reading more into the relationship than there is. However, Point de Vue tends to run stories that are more or less spoon fed to them by the Palace or publicists which is why they split their cover story between JGR and CW. But it apparently is one of the only favorable stories about CW lately. Maybe I'm projecting here but I get the impression that Charlene is to Albert what Pascal was to Rainier...the one before THE ONE. Maybe all of the criticism and the child revelations will force Albert to do what his father did and choose not only with his heart (or other) but with his brain.

WindsorIII said:
I actually feel sorry for CW now.... I know she’s a bit of an empty head in the brains department, but I wish she would have some dignity or self esteem. Can the allure of the public attention and celebrity be that strong?....
Yes --- especially when someone is starry eyed, has no other significant prospects (especially of the royal kind) and has a dream of being a 'princess' or of marrying into a royal family and never having to worry for material things again. People are greedy.

BurberryBrit said:
In all honesty, a young girl with no education or future plans would probably not mind being taken on luxury vacations on yachts to the Maldives and wined and dined in Paris and Monaco. I'm sure it has been very exciting for her, so whether or not she was "in on it" I'm sure she got a lot out of it. I am also inclined to think that the CW affair was a way to keep the world fixated on their "relationship" while the paternity issue of JGG was being decided as well as how to break the news to the press.
I agree totally. CW needs prospects and she is an adult, after all. I suspect she will not go 'empty handed', although she may not end up getting the big prize. But only time will tell.

CW is there willingly; of her own free will. Albert is certainly not forcing her to do anything, she is being intimate with PA because that is what she wants to do. He is not forcing anything onto her. Of course, I suspect she (and her family) hopes to land a husband like him -- just like NC hoped. IMO, CW is not unlike any of the other 'companions' he has had in the past (possibly).

She is going around with Albert because it is her own free choice to do so, and it seems to be coming clear (at least to me) she wants to stay and become the princess of MC.

Well, we will all have to wait to see how long she can hang on to him and if she really can handle his propensity for 'non-commitment'. She may not be cling-y, according to her father, but she is almost 30 years old. She seems to be laying aside her swimming goals -- again of her own free will. What happened to her going to compete? Is she so caught up in his world by now that she cannot see anything else? If so, Albert is not making her do that. I could imagine it would be easy not to want to go back to being regular CW, having to deal with regular people struggles and issues, especially after hanging around with Albert and him taking her these places. But if she is setting aside what she said she would be doing, she would be doing it because she wants to, no other reason. She's making those choices.

How long will she wait around for Albert to commit to her? She is doing all those things because she wants to do it. She chooses to be there accompanying PA and everything else. PA is not making her to do anything. If she did not want to, she knows how to open her mouth and say no. She wants to go to the parties and the events and sit in the royal box and talk to the press and meet Albert's friends and acquaintences and everything else. And if her family comes across as trying to intervene (begging, imo) on her behalf with Albert on the commitment issue, what does that tell you?

I'm sure if PA were not a prince or really rich, CW father would not be saying how lucky she is and he probably advise her to send the guy packing. If Albert were just a regular fellow, his age and his past would probably matter a whole lot to those Wittstocks.

pinklady1991 said:
Maybe I'm projecting here but I get the impression that Charlene is to Albert what Pascal was to Rainier...the one before THE ONE. Maybe all of the criticism and the child revelations will force Albert to do what his father did and choose not only with his heart (or other) but with his brain.
I think it should read the one before the one before the one.....before THE ONE.;) And that ONE should be the one chosen by the trinity only then I believe a marriage might last.;) :D

Lillia said:
People are greedy
A lot of people, yes. A lot of people surrounding PA, absolutely. But not all people. So he might have to move out of his regular fishing pond and look in places he has never looked before (although there are probabably not many left and he always seems to be leaving a little sth behind;) ).

Lillia said:
She is there is her own free choice, and it seems to be coming clear (at least to me) she wants to stay and become the princess of MC.
Oh it is crystal clear that she wants to stay. She made a point of that from her first appearance. The question is just: does he want her to?

paca said:
Oh it is crystal clear that she wants to stay. She made a point of that from her first appearance. The question is just: does he want her to?

I totally agree 1000%, paca. for now, PA seems to be enjoying himself at the moment and CW does too, but she may try to press her expectations, if she has any.

And with her family probably whispering in her ear about how to not be 'cling-y' and whatever else, who knows.

only time will tell.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom