The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 01:59 AM
Courtier

These are actually shots of PA and CW in February during the Olympic games in Turino.

Old 04-15-2006, 02:29 AM
Courtier

The earrings are dressy, as is the black fur. Perhaps it was a formal dinner.

Ann

Old 04-15-2006, 05:01 AM
Aristocracy

She does look smitten. Doesn't she. Poor thing, I wonder how she will take it, if he dumps her.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:41 AM
Gentry

you are right they are from turin, you can find the rest from that day from http://www.filmmagic.com/SearchResul...+albert&sfld=C
Old 04-15-2006, 09:42 AM
Nobility

Yes all those photos have been see before.

I read on the Royal Blues site that all of this build up is being put out there by either PA's or CW's PR to lead up to an engagement announcement from CW's home in SA during the safari vacation.

http://forums.rbhq.net/showthread.php?t=5908&page=7

They also say it was CW's grandmother who has been leaking out the infomation on CW taking French and ettiquette lessons, changing her religion to catholic, and the planning of a major event in MC this fall.

Interesting theories, but then again, that is all we have at the moment. I guess we have to wait a few weeks and see.

Also FYI, that photo layout that is on the Novella2000 website is dated

Venerdì 17 Febbraio
Attualità:
Una sudafricana per Alberto

http://novella2000.corriere.it/archi...6/alberto.html

So I don't think they would re-run the same spread in this weeks magazine.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Courtier

Well, they have to do something to sell papers! Global warming isn't as interesting as a potential bride. :P

Ann
Old 04-15-2006, 02:47 PM
Courtier

I think that was the night of a dinner hosted by the Prince & Princess of Yugoslavia.

If CW got a PR person, she probably set up Grandma's interviews. Maybe I'm just cynical, but to me it looks like CW's camp is trying to force PA's hand to make some kind of announcement sooner rather than later. Reminds me how the Palace had to make a statement a few years ago to counter the engagement rumors to Tasha. No other magazine has picked up on these stories that Bunte has been running and I just find that strange. Think about how they were all tripping over each other over Torino and The Maldives -- and I don't think it was just the photo ops. They all kept running the same stories and quoting each other.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Aristocracy

Honestly I have no idea where to put this. It was sent to me in an email today.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...136222,00.html

This article covers all of the family, but also addresses Charlene.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryellen1539
Honestly I have no idea where to put this. It was sent to me in an email today.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...136222,00.html

This article covers all of the family, but also addresses Charlene.
It reads like Stephanie current events http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...viii-8963.html. It's sad for the whole family if it's true. Hopefully it is not true.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

This thread is about Charlene Wittstock's current events. If there aren't any reported events, then there's no need to fill the thread with off-topic digressions and certainly not with insulting comments. I've moved a bunch of posts to the "A Wife for Albert" thread, and I'll be going through that thread and removing posts containing speculation and insults.

When there are more current events to report and discuss, this is the place for it. Until then, discussions about Prince Albert's relationships belong elsewhere.

Elspeth

Monaco moderator
Old 04-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Courtier

http://morgenpost.berlin1.de/content...lt/823459.html

Greetings, all...welcome back...
I'm trying to recreate some of the posts that we lost in transferring the server around again today. Here is the article in German from last Sunday's Berlin Morning Post. I'll post the bad translastion from the online translator again shortly...and paraphrase Paca's comments. A few others had commented and I didn't want to lose momentum in this thread.

I had said that it boggled my mind that Charlene was getting quite a bit of attention from the German press. Paca responded that it was because she had a German ancestor who emigrated to SA; therefore the Germans see her as one of their own. The article essentially outlines what they believe are her good points that qualify her to be Pss of MC -- physically resembles Grace with her coloring, has always taken direction well from a coach, and she sees beyond Albert's uniform to the person although the author didn't offer any proof.

Bien...on y va...

Here's the translation:

Paris - a hand kiss and then still another one dear vacation. So far it has still no woman with Albert II. production by Monaco. Since the first pair photos with the olympic plays in turin in February are itself all magazines united: The blond South African swimmer Charlene Wittstock would be the ideal woman for Albert. The 28jaehrige, 1.76 meters largely, 62 Kilos heavily, is not attractive only, but also still pleasantly. With their the Monegasque prince could, with his 48 years still on the search for the ideal woman is, Monaco new gloss lend. Some days ago Michael Wittstock expressed itself, the potential father-in-law of Albert, for the first time publicly.
He sees parallels between his civil family and the blaubluetigen Grimaldis. "the Grimaldis draws its strength from the co-operation of their family. As we. Albert and Charlene are both family people ", the 60jaehrige in the pictorial said "multicolored ones". It did not want to confirm wedding rumors however: "that is private thing. The time will show, as the relationship with Albert develops. The most important is, that it becomes lucky."
Charlene has some truempfe in the hand. It is blond and sees far away similar Albert's Mutter Grace Kelly. Already in former times the prince confessed, that it like its 1982 died nut/mother look for a woman. Twice he flirted before with attractive Blondinen, with Model Claudia boat operator and actress Gwyneth Paltrow. And this time the appearance is not only correct. Like Charlene was Albert Topsportler. It participated four times as Bobschlittenfahrer in the olympic plays. It has certain advantages, that the chosen Leistungssportlerin is, recognized the "multicolored one": "is purposeful you, punctually, controlled in victory and defeat, future-oriented, fit."and still another important parallel saw the sheet between sport and yard life. Sportlerinnen must obey their coach. And that should a princess likewise, in order to protect the label. In addition, Charlene must see shy bachelors with the belly beginning in the more than only the fesche dress uniform. Admitted, it does not stand for it badly, even if he must find himself still somewhat. Finally it stood for many decades in the shade of its father. Perhaps Charlene does not only estimate the prince title, but also its human values. Its sister Stephanie leaves itself not in vain from her brother again and again troesten. With the death of its father one year ago it had to slip into a role, the not straight its dream was. But it looks for its own way, worries about environmental protection and social requests. The yard label is appropriate for it less. The monarch does not estimate it at all, if others before it bow themselves. Once it confessed: "my future is packing and interesting. In addition, very much frightening."the merry Charlene with the broad float shoulders could be thereby the correct support.
Already before six years the Bobfahrer and the swimmer are to have become acquainted with themselves. But the first pair photos with views fallen in love come from February in Italy. It put its head on its shoulders, it gave her a hand kiss, and they sauntered to arm in arm by the city. Thus Albert did not engage itself ever with a woman. From the prince palace there was however - like usually with privatangelegenheiten - no comment.
As the prince wants to protect its sisters its private life. In March it traveled with Charlene to its birthday on the Maldives. The French magazine "Paris match" reported Albert and Charlene under the title ", a Vorgeschmack on the Flitterwochen "with beach photos over the two. The photos hurt the right to the privatsphaere and to the own picture, Thierry Lacoste said, the lawyer of the prince family Grimaldi. Whereupon one sees the two among other things in the water, itself embracing and kissing. Lacoste announced, to demand in each case 50,000 euro payment of damages for the prince and Charlene.
Albert had openly explained briefly before, it did not give the conception up, to base and marry a family. In addition urge to leave it did not want itself however ever. Its father Rainier was most unfortunate over it, that its son did not find the suitable woman. Since the dear vacation on the Maldives it became however calm around the prince and its swimmer. Even to the rose ball in Monaco the prince solo came. Like that as expects Charlene was not, separate Charlotte, the daughter of Caroline, the center of the evening.
Beginning of this week is broken open Albert with dog sleds to an expedition to the north pole. Beginning of this week is broken open Albert with dog sleds to an expedition to the north pole. There the sporty prince and sieve other participants in the today's Ostersonntag wanted to arrive. The prince wants to direct the attention with the journey on the consequences of the climatic heating up at the north pole. Afterwards will be it shown, as it continues with Charlene.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:33 AM
Gentry

Quote:
All eyes were on a radiant Charlene Wittstock when she rocked up at Sports Illustrated’s 20th birthday bash in Joburg (the magazine dropped the ‘‘SA’’ from its name at the same time). Everybody was dying to find out where her prince was but the former swimming golden girl was keeping mum about her blossoming romance with Prince Albert of Monaco. She says the past few months have been crazy because paparazzi in Europe have been making her life a nightmare.
http://www.you.co.za/Open_Home.aspx?iCategory_id=57
Old 04-22-2006, 07:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
She says the past few months have been crazy because paparazzi in Europe have been making her life a nightmare.
Aww, guess who's to blame for that....
BTW, do you know the date for this party?

Bunte this week has a piece called: Albert, the blonde and the North pole (was only to be expected). After some speculation about miss/mrs. Bond, the last paragraph goes as follows:
Quote:
And Charlene? To this question there was no answer from Monaco. Her trainer Graham Hill:"I expect that, on the day of the prince's return, she will be swimming in South Afrika. If she won't be, then I've lost her to Albert and she will be ending her career."

She won't be the first woman who will follow her heart into the wilderness. Though Annabelle may be the biggest danger there.
The translation is mine, sorry for any mistranslations.
So the question is, where was CW on that faithful day? And haven't we heard that quote about losing CW to Albert before?
G.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Courtier

I don't think there is anything to report so Bunte is speculating; it sells magazines. As far as the comment from the coach, he's speculating too, and yes, that is probably a rehashed quote as well. Albert apparently has been going about his business at tennis matches, auto races, meetings, etc. Just have to wait and see what the next few weeks bring...Cannes Film Festival is the 1st week in May, isn't it?
Old 04-25-2006, 01:18 AM
Gentry

there was an argument about the cover of French vogue May here is the cover. I am not sure if this falls in the CW events but i dont know, maybe mods will delete it

Old 04-25-2006, 05:15 AM
Aristocracy

Is the safari still on? Or has things cooled between Prince Albert and Charlene?
Old 04-25-2006, 08:53 AM
Gentry

http://www.festival-cannes.fr/index....2#festival2006

I got one non-answer and one auto reply and the rest were no reponses to my question regarding Ms. Wittstock's possible appearance on the cover of Fr. Vogue. I don't think there was an argument here, about that possibility, just a debate. It didn't make any sense to me at that the time - the idea of her being on the cover of Vogue, that is.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Courtier

If they were going to have the girlfriend of the Prince of Monaco on their cover (or even in an article), they would be trumpeting it!

I too think its dead...for now.

Ann
Old 04-25-2006, 08:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
If they were going to have the girlfriend of the Prince of Monaco on their cover (or even in an article), they would be trumpeting it!

I too think its dead...for now.

Ann
Perhaps it's just in hibernation...the safari thing is a mystery. Cannes Film Festival is coming soon (usually the first week in May) and I know PA usually attends. Deep breaths everyone...let's not get overly excited about this until the time comes.

Vogue doesn't really trumpet its articles...they've had some biggies over the years (I remember the issue with Clothilde Courau and her newborn daughter so well) and Vogue will sell regardless of who is featured b/c it's Vogue. That being said, unless there is a ring on her finger and an official announcement, I don't think they'd bother. Charlene is striking and has worked as a model but I don't think she's what Vogue would consider fashion forward.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:32 PM
Nobility

I missed the statement where she became PA's "girlfriend". I had read there was a kind of unusual statement but did not actually see it myself. I think he's more interested in protecting his privacy from photogs and is in a better possition to win a lawsuit if she's his "girlfriend". Of course I could be wrong, it's happend before....

I never expected her on the cover of any vogue, pretty much sounded like gossip from the get go.

We'll just have to wait and see if she shows up in Cannes.