The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 07:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
by eded
Prince Albert is a man like any other man. He is not perfect and made few mistakes like any other human being. The only problem is his mistakes are public knowledge. Fortunately, I believe in miracles and I think he would not marry Charlene. He is still looking for his soul mate, a woman who loves him for him not his royal status. I am not saying Charlene is attracted by his rank, maybe she truly loves him. However, she is not the one for him. She is his girlfriend for now because she is at the right place, at the right time. I'm pretty sure there is a woman who nobody heard of who would become the next Princess of Monaco. A woman who would be his confident, his partner, who would share his zest for life. A woman who would give him back some respectability. This woman would change the course of Monaco. I am praying for this woman and I hope he'll find her soon!
:)
Amen Eded, I think his entire country is praying hard for this woman to reveal herself to PA Prayers can be powerful keep it up. Shre's out there PA just hang tight.

Quote:
She reminds me of Stephanie as well.
Charlene looks nothing like Stephanie, sorry I don't see it.

Old 05-31-2006, 08:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorIII

Charlene looks nothing like Stephanie, sorry I don't see it.
To me they seem to have similar personalities, at least from what I can tell not having ever met either of them.... I can't really support or explain it, it's just my perception.

Maybe that's why some thought Caroline looked older, maybe she's thinking "Two Stephanies, aye aye aye....."

Old 05-31-2006, 08:24 AM
Aristocracy

As to me, besides masculine shoulders I see nothing between Stephanie and Charlene as well. It's too evident that they have different personalities. CW' spontaneity of a child looks too affected so to be natural. I would not say the same about Steph who does not pretend to look differently as she is.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
[quote=lea]Well,
Quote:
Charlene is young anyway

If his wife is to give him a heir, then she mustn't be over 40...
Old 05-31-2006, 11:33 AM
Courtier

[quote=Tosca]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lea
Well, .

If his wife is to give him a heir, then she mustn't be over 40...
Not necessarily...difficult but doable. A very close friend is having her first at 41 and there are several women I know who had their first at 45. I wouldn't recommend it but remember there are women who are in their 20's who can't get pregnant. If you smoke, if you drink, if you drink coffee, if your BMI is too high or too low...all of these things affect fertility regardless of your age. A lot of these stats are done on averages...and people fall all over the range.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:45 AM
Nobility

In my opinion, anything is better than CW

How ridiculas would it look if PA married CW then in a few years when her step daughter Jasmine Grace (who is on the Honor Roll at her high school btw) graduates from High School before CW does. Her lack of education would then make headlines around the world.

And by the way you can't use the comparison with Princess Diana. Diana was only 18 years old. By the time she was CW's age, she was Princess of Wales, mother of 2 boys, head of world renown charities, working for local causes and benefits, and 100 other things.

If CW were only an 18 year old girl then I would agree with you. But she's a 29 year old woman, who's done nothing to better her life since the year 2000.

What has CW done in the 6 years since the Olympics? She didn't try to go and finish school, she didn't go get a job and try to accomplish anything, but she sure finds the time to travel around the world try and nail a billionaire Prince with an eye for the ladies.

No I think there are plenty of other women out there he could have children with who are a much better choice than CW.

Alot of women in their 30s and early 40s have children every day. Just look at the boom in Hollywood.

Just my opinion.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:02 PM
Serene Highness

Excellent post Windsor. I agree with everything you said.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What has CW done in the 6 years since the Olympics? She didn't try to go and finish school, she didn't go get a job and try to accomplish anything,
I'm not trying to defend CW, as I think she doesn't need to be defended by anyone, especially by a Mrs. Nobody, like I am. I don't like her either, but I do not understand why bear a grudge against her. As someone said in a previous post, Albert isn't our brother, so we are not obliged to accept her, although his sisters shouldn't interfere in his choices. They haven't been paragons of virtue either.

As for some people being more than sure that Caroline would have claimed the throne for herself, well, what surprises me is how these people know. I've always thought that they discussed about personal and family matters among themselves, like any other family does, and not in front of their friends, servants, staff or body guards.
In almost all posts CW is criticized for her behaviour, habits, background. What about Mette-Marit, then? She was a single mother when she met the CP of Norway, and had even had drug problems, if I'm not mistaken.
Some articles I've just read over the internet read that she's well liked by the Monegasques instead...
Old 05-31-2006, 12:30 PM
Nobility

I have no grudge against her. I am just stating my opinion as to why I think she is unsuitable. Others can have their opinions.

Mine is that PA can do so much better than CW.

I'd like to see all these articles you just read that states how much the Monegasque people love her. Could you please post them.

I find it hard to believe.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I'd like to see all these articles you just read that states how much the Monegasque people love her. Could you please post them.

I find it hard to believe
Can you read Italian? The link is www.alexis.it
Old 05-31-2006, 12:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Can you read Italian? The link is www.alexis.it
Yes I can read Italian and I don't any story about PA or CW on this link. Could you please tell me where to find it.

Thanks
Old 05-31-2006, 12:55 PM
Aristocracy

If there are people on this board that really cares for PA, and I think there are a lot of you. Let's just give Charlene a chance and not jump to any conclusions about her or trash her. This woman could well be on her way to becoming the next Princess of Monaco. I know I have given the thumbs-up to Annabelle, but PA has no interest in her and I have gotten over that. Therefore, I will watch and wait to see how this will unfold. And, I hope my fellow PA fans will do the same.:)
Old 05-31-2006, 01:00 PM
Nobility

I am one of the many people on this board who cares for PA, which is why I am saying he can do a lot better than CW. I personally don't think she is good for him at all.

I respect your opionion in giving her a chance.

I hope you respect mine for thinking he can find someone much better after waiting so long.

I am a big fan of freedom of speech.

Happy postings everyone :)
Old 05-31-2006, 01:35 PM
Aristocracy

she still needs to be groomed but she looks well inserted and well enough with the rest of the family. this is serious!
Old 05-31-2006, 01:39 PM
Gentry

Concerning CW and cigarettes... Who says that an elegant woman don't smoke?? Caro (one of most popular examples of elegance in the world...) smoked also when pregnant...
CW is unpolished for others reasons... !

LadyM.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashajones
If there are people on this board that really cares for PA, and I think there are a lot of you. Let's just give Charlene a chance and not jump to any conclusions about her or trash her. This woman could well be on her way to becoming the next Princess of Monaco. I know I have given the thumbs-up to Annabelle, but PA has no interest in her and I have gotten over that. Therefore, I will watch and wait to see how this will unfold. And, I hope my fellow PA fans will do the same.:)
I agree 100% Sasha. If she is who he has chosen, then so be it. He is a grown man who can make decisions for himself. I can't believe that so many people are being so cruel about CW. I am sure many people of MC were none to thrilled with PR decision to marry Grace Kelly. Can't you just hear them clucking "Oh no, she's an ACTRESS and even worse an AMERICAN! Oh what is Rainier thinking? He needs pick a more suitable woman to be Princess".

I think in the long run PR & PG proved that PR picked the right woman.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:56 PM
Gentry

PA reminds me of a very rich man locally who married the woman who jumped out of his adult son's birthday cake. It seemed unfathomable at the time, but in truth, the man, who was self-made, grew up in a background very similar to the women's, i.e. even though it was not obvious, they had a lot in common. Despite a major reversal of fortune, they are still together. So, perhaps it is the same way with PA and CW. Who knows what ties bind people together? And don't forget that a large part of PA's blood is not exactly royal. After all, no matter how much we all adore Princess Grace, she was still the recent descendent of Irish immigrant bricklayers. And she cut quite a wide swath, as they say, in Hollywood, making a few scandals of her own.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:07 PM
Commoner

Cool

Princess Grace was dignified and was very discreet when Prince Rainier courted her. They corresponded it through letters for months and she didn't reveal it to the press even though she was already a Hollywood star. I believe the Monegasques didn't first like her not because she was an American but probably because she was an actress. In the fifties, it was so rare for an European sovereign to marry an actress. Maybe they were afraid this marriage will backfire on them. Fortunately, it wasn't the case because this union put Monaco back to the map. However with Charlene it's not the case. She may be sweet and pretty but she is not the best choice for Prince Albert. She loves to be the center of attention. Money can't buy class, either you have it or you don't. If they got married, Monaco won't be taken seriously. I know who am I to judge her. But you can see it could lead to disaster.
:)
Old 05-31-2006, 02:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianneneville
PA reminds me of a very rich man locally who married the woman who jumped out of his adult son's birthday cake. It seemed unfathomable at the time, but in truth, the man, who was self-made, grew up in a background very similar to the women's, i.e. even though it was not obvious, they had a lot in common. Despite a major reversal of fortune, they are still together. So, perhaps it is the same way with PA and CW. Who knows what ties bind people together? And don't forget that a large part of PA's blood is not exactly royal. After all, no matter how much we all adore Princess Grace, she was still the recent descendent of Irish immigrant bricklayers. And she cut quite a wide swath, as they say, in Hollywood, making a few scandals of her own.
I totally agree (well, except about Grace; class and elegance are not related to social status), but this theory doesn't make me like CHarlene more, it simply makes me like Albert much less. My opinion of Albert has been sinking for a long time now, and not just for his most recent girlfriend and the fact that he chose a girl who is closer in age to his nephews doesn't bode well for his maturity either...
Old 05-31-2006, 02:35 PM
Gentry

I do essentially agree with you Grace. I would be disappointed if PA picks CW. It is important for all of us to find someone that we can love but who is also appropriate for us to love. (I am sure Caroline would be the first to agree with that.) I doubt that CW is up to the challenge. She seems to lack credibility in too many ways. I guess it all depends on what PA believes he wants in life.