The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 05:28 PM
Aristocracy

I'm going to try to stay pertinent. CW looks like a sweet face to me and perhaps quite emotional and swoony-as I imagine he likes. He knows his own mind. She seems to me to be as good or no better (for sure) than any of the others -yes even the dark gutsy one who had history and a PA look-a-like to increase the fixation. Thus she pulled the "Fatal Attraction"-famous "You won't ignore me [us]" They're all lovely, lovely because he apparently thinks so-he attends them-until...

Old 03-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
Everyone can do better no matter what the issue so I wasn't trying to be offensive. I've been saying all along that CW has the potential of being a princess and I have nothing against her, but of course Albert could do better than a woman who is 28 and has not a university degree. However, this does not disqualify her but my point is PA has not had a good track record when it comes to women and so I don't think that all of a sudden he's going to find a proper girlfriend. He might have this time and only time will tell if she can handle it. I wouldn't be surprised if she could handle all of this.
Okay I understand now ....:) ...thank you for taking the time to clarify:)

Old 03-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
I completely agree with you. Anyway the Maldives holiday it's a private situation, so they can do whatever they please, though it goes without saying that photographers will always been after them. Yet I didn't like the way they behaved in Turin. One should expect a sovereign to act with the utmost composture when in public, especially at a not so spring chicken age, like Albert is...
Hello, I'm new here, but have following along with you for awhile & I agree with the unimpressed. Where as I normally think people's business is there own. They have done there best in inviting us in. Why did she give that interview? In a tabloid? A tabloid that he just sued (for interviewing his girlfriend basically). She obviously wasn't being interviewed on her own merit as I don't think a french tabloid is in the habit of interviewing a South African swimmer who placed 5th in an Olympics that happened years ago? I couldn't believe he thought this was a good idea! She hammed it up for the cameras in Turin, & then the interview - the only comparison I could make by the interview was where the camera loved Grace this girl loves the camera!
Old 03-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Nobility

He could just do better. Not having a university degree is a VERY big deal if you are going to be sitting at a table with people who do. Not to mention, the importance of education is a value one passes on their children. An uneducated person might for instance not understand the social and political impact of WWII on Europe and the entire world. (Not the place to go into detail) Such a person, might end up making an error like one very well known young British Prince named Harry wearing a Nazi uniform to a party. It made him look ignorant and his family look bad as well, like, who's watching this guy?
Old 03-19-2006, 11:00 PM
Nobility

I wonder if this will be Alberts future eternal Princess? I wonder if he's willing to have children with her? Even though he's 48. At this so late point in Alberts life I think its too late for Albert to have any children. I mean come on he's going to be in his mid late sixties if he has kids with her and when his and Charlenes children graduate from high school. To me its too late for Albert to have anymore kids but, for realtionships and marriages not at all. He can have a girlfriend until he dies!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 11:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa
He could just do better. Not having a university degree is a VERY big deal if you are going to be sitting at a table with people who do. Not to mention, the importance of education is a value one passes on their children. An uneducated person might for instance not understand the social and political impact of WWII on Europe and the entire world. (Not the place to go into detail) Such a person, might end up making an error like one very well known young British Prince named Harry wearing a Nazi uniform to a party. It made him look ignorant and his family look bad as well, like, who's watching this guy?
I wouldn't say not having the degree is a big deal in and of itself; for me is that she brags about her complete lack of intellectual curiousity. For every official outing, for every charity she will be patron of, she needs to be willing to speak knowledgeably and eloquently and passionately about the subject and, with Monaco's history and linguistic background (not to mention the family's) probably in French fairly fluently and learning a foreign language as an adult is an extraordinarily difficult task. PA knows what he needs for a princess and maybe CW is it and maybe not; it's up to him to make that decision with his head and not any other body part. I just wish he had a Fr. Tucker figure giving him guidance.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by De La Cruza
I wonder if this will be Alberts future eternal Princess? I wonder if he's willing to have children with her? Even though he's 48. At this so late point in Alberts life I think its too late for Albert to have any children. I mean come on he's going to be in his mid late sixties if he has kids with her and when his and Charlenes children graduate from high school. To me its too late for Albert to have anymore kids but, for realtionships and marriages not at all. He can have a girlfriend until he dies!!!
Physically he's not too old to have children; he will have the ability to father a child until the end of his life (actor Tony Randall did well into his 70's/80's). There will be a significant age difference, but I'm sure he's well aware of that. We are all making the assumption that someone in her 20's is always able to have children. I have perfectly healthy and active friends in their 20's who can't get pregnant and those in their 40's who have conceived naturally and with varying degrees with help and had perfectly healthy children. It's all up to the individual and how that child is raised to meet future responsibilities by both parents.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
I wouldn't say not having the degree is a big deal in and of itself; for me is that she brags about her complete lack of intellectual curiousity. For every official outing, for every charity she will be patron of, she needs to be willing to speak knowledgeably and eloquently and passionately about the subject and, with Monaco's history and linguistic background (not to mention the family's) probably in French fairly fluently and learning a foreign language as an adult is an extraordinarily difficult task. PA knows what he needs for a princess and maybe CW is it and maybe not; it's up to him to make that decision with his head and not any other body part. I just wish he had a Fr. Tucker figure giving him guidance.
Great points especially about the "lack of intellectual curiousity." But doesn't PA know what will be the most suitable princess for MC? I hate to keep beating this into the ground, but it is his lack of responsibility that he refuses to involve women in his life who are intellectually curious. Those kinds of women don't seem to excite him the way swooning types who are less educated than he is seem to.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Great points especially about the "lack of intellectual curiousity." But doesn't PA know what will be the most suitable princess for MC? I hate to keep beating this into the ground, but it is his lack of responsibility that he refuses to involve women in his life who are intellectually curious. Those kinds of women don't seem to excite him the way swooning types who are less educated than he is seem to.
Yes it is his responsibiliy, he has to live with her in the end. But then again he also has a responsibility towards Monaco. To quote a famous saying: "with great power comes great responsibility".
Old 03-20-2006, 04:44 AM
Heir Apparent

another one of Charlene & Albert in Maldives (from billetbladet)

Old 03-20-2006, 04:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
He probably fears that an educated woman can call his bluff and would want him to stick to what he said and not just say it because it sounds good. Before his speech in July I must say that I was mainly amused about PA and his lifestyle. I didn't take him seriously, though I thought he might have the potential to do better then his dad in regards of environment and social matters. Then he gave his speech and I thought: wow, this guy has been picking my brain all those years, he's going to be good. Well, it's not even been a year and it seems as though both our enthusiasm has left us. We have seen a few changes (which he might have initiated but others have the responsibility to carry through), but when it comes to major issues we are still waiting.

There have been several articles in the local paper about our incineration plant, which is a major poluter in this area. MC does not select its rubbish, because they need it to burn it in a substandard incineration plant (and it is still substandard after an investment of over a 100 mill Euro) and will be soon far from even admissible standards in Europe. Every weekend Fontvielle is poluted by disgusting odours (whether they are affecting peoples health in longterm we don't know yet, but I guess MC just takes the risk). The plant will not be closed until 2020 since they have made such a big investment.

PA said that MC should be an example to others. Where is the example here? Shouldn't he, if he was truely convicted of what he says, make the decision to immediately close the plant? inspite of the financial losses? Wouldn't that be giving an example and show people that our environment is worth more then any money? (besides MC should be rich enough to handle the losses, and who made the decision to invest money into a plant that the already knew they could under no circumstances get on standard. And even financially it doesn't make sense anymore to run it since all surrounding French communities have tri-select and thus they don't even get the money for the tons they used to take from France. Where was a gutsy decision here?) And how about alternative energy? I don't see anything here. No use is made of the sun or the wind. In Monaco gas stations I have not seen alternative fuel, just regular. So he thinks he can set off on a couple of sleighs to draw attention to global warming? He is doing this for his own amusement more then anything. If he was interested in the environment, he would be doing sth about it right here under our noses. ( well, we can't say his, since he hasn't been here much this year, has he?)

Also, he managed to liberate himself for the Olympics from his MC obligations, but where was he during the paralympics? Don't they deserve the support of a high profile IOC member? Those people are not only remarkable athletes, but they also have to achieve what they are doing under far less favorable conditions then all those other athletes, CW among them.

All in all I can only say that he is disappointing me and his CW thing (lasting or not) is just adding to it. There is nothing wrong with having a GF and enjoying yourself, but his priority should be to get his job done and not parading through the world with yet another bimbo.

So far what ever is written about her is all speculation. She might be disappearing rather quickly again. Others have done so before. So until PA makes an announcement I wouldn't even bother discussing her.

PS apparently he actually did manage to show up briefly at the paralympics after all, but in comparison to his presence before, I find it rather disappointing.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:11 AM
Nobility

Here's my two cents,

I am sure Charlene is a lovely woman and from the images we have seen she seems to make Albert happy.

I just think that when we have an image of a princess (even a future one) we (or I) expect something more. More education, sophistication, elegance, just that special something that sets a woman apart from the crowd.

I realise that Mary, Letizia, Mette-Marit all were normal working women from normal families, maybe they captured the public's imagination somehow (Cinderella theory).

Perhaps with the right guidance and training Charlene will be like the others who are now accepted as princesses.

I personally liked the image of Sophie of Wessex and Albert at the function they attended in London recently. That IMO should be the type of woman Albert should be looking for.

In any event Albert will pick someone who makes him happy. So all speculation and observations aside, I hope that if she is the one they will be very happy together.

(Please don't take offense at anything I have said.)
Old 03-20-2006, 06:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
He should do domething with his stomach, shouldn't he ?
Old 03-20-2006, 06:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla
Hello, I'm new here, but have following along with you for awhile & I agree with the unimpressed. Where as I normally think people's business is there own. They have done there best in inviting us in. Why did she give that interview? In a tabloid? A tabloid that he just sued (for interviewing his girlfriend basically). She obviously wasn't being interviewed on her own merit as I don't think a french tabloid is in the habit of interviewing a South African swimmer who placed 5th in an Olympics that happened years ago? I couldn't believe he thought this was a good idea! She hammed it up for the cameras in Turin, & then the interview - the only comparison I could make by the interview was where the camera loved Grace this girl loves the camera!
Sorry, but as far as I know no Italian mag reported CW's interview, but I may be wrong.
I saw her photo on the cover of Paris Match, like anyone in this thread, so I can't help you, sorry. I just expressed my own opinion.
I hope I'm wrong, but IMHO opionion, she is just another one "piece" to add to Albert's "doll collection".
Old 03-20-2006, 08:12 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
honestly truth be told. All those of you who keep insisting PA has a great body, would you say the same if he was just some guy you met or saw walking on the streets. No seriously i would like to hear your opinions on this. Would you turn around and go waoh that is one good looking guy. The face is fine but the rest............well age has caught up. You cannot sit there and tell me honestly that charlene is with him for any other reason other than fame. Oh and money. Did I mention the princess title she might get? Don't get me wrong, if he asked me out I would accept asap but like most, for the wrong reasons. So lets stop casting stones on NC and TR for having gotten that chance when most of us on this forum would probably follow him home right away. I am not talking about the children part just the meeting and being with him. Otherwise most of us on this forum would not be bothered about all that is happening in his life especially concerning the women in it. You can all deny it, but you know its true.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:17 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by De La Cruza
...I wonder if he's willing to have children with her? Even though he's 48. At this so late point in Alberts life I think its too late for Albert to have any children. I mean come on he's going to be in his mid late sixties if he has kids with her and when his and Charlenes children graduate from high school. To me its too late for Albert to have anymore kids but, for realtionships and marriages not at all. He can have a girlfriend until he dies!!!
I have to respectfully disagree...the late actor Tony Randall (Felix Unger from the Odd Couple) was well into his 70's when he had his first child with his 20-something year old wife. There are plenty of men who have children late in life and are able to enjoy their children growing up.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7060a
I have to respectfully disagree...the late actor Tony Randall (Felix Unger from the Odd Couple) was well into his 70's when he had his first child with his 20-something year old wife. There are plenty of men who have children late in life and are able to enjoy their children growing up.
But Tony isn't going to see his children grow up. He died when they were eight and six. I personally think it was irresponsible for him to father children so late in life knowing he would not be able to be there for them.

My father died when I was twenty and my younger four siblings were 6-14. It was cancer, not something that could have been expected to kill an otherwise healthy 47-year-old. He went from diagnosis to death in 9 months.

Albert is now 48. And while he is friends with a few fellows who have had kids at that age (he specifically mentioned one who fathered his first at 50 in a Larry King interview), even he must know that should he have children by the time he is 50, they will be the age he was when Grace passed should he die at his generation's natural life expectancy.

Now granted, the Grimaldi's have (overall) longevity in their genes but Albert has always said he wanted to be able to play with his children. I'm not saying he's too old yet, but a fifty-five-year-old has traditionally been the age of early grandfathers, not first-time-fathers.

I definitely don't think he should rush (he clearly hasn't) but I wonder if at some point, now that Caroline and children are legally secured heirs, he will decide that should he marry or not, he will not father any more children.

The ever opinionated
Ann
Old 03-20-2006, 02:07 PM
Aristocracy

Charlene and HSH Prince Albert II

He started to present Charlene, probably the next Princess Grace in Monaco, at the Winter Olympics in Italy and many people are saying that both are desparetly in love. In the French Royalty magazine «Point de Vue» we can see the couple sharing a kiss on a boat. What do you think will happen next? Will their romance end up in a Royal Wedding? It is time for you to let your ideas come out!:)
Old 03-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Nobility

i think maybe we have enough threads already for this subject, but maybe it's just me. and also it's too soon to tell.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantednights
i think maybe we have enough threads already for this subject, but maybe it's just me. and also it's too soon to tell.
totally agree. I am really starting to get rather sick of this. A couple of pics are not presenting anybody as anything but his present bed bunny(we've had that before ad unless I am mistaken, he hasn't been married to anyone of them). An official announcement is.

Closed Thread