The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Aristocracy

Suonymona,

Even though your comments are opinionated, I am inclining to agree with you.

There are a few other members who have not weakened because of this tabloid hearsay. I am not implying your post is based on tabloid gossip; however, your remarks are very sensible.

I refuse to allow the tabloids to pursue me because of their track record and inaccuracy. I do not know if Charlene will be Albert’s princess bride or not, but if they marry, God Bless them both.

Hopefully in the near future all of this speculation will blow over and things can get back to normal.

Old 03-17-2006, 11:20 AM

I uploaded the Hola! pics of Albert and Charlene on holiday at the imagehigh hosting site. In the Maldives, Albert and his current sweetie...

http://www.imagehigh.com/gallery.php...t and Charlene

Old 03-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I uploaded the Hola! pics of Albert and Charlene on holiday at the imagehigh hosting site. In the Maldives, Albert and his current sweetie...

http://www.imagehigh.com/gallery.php...t and Charlene
thanks Casi they look like they were having a nice time. On another note i dont understand what all the hoopla about Charlene getting her own thread is all about, Jasmine got her own thread and she could be anybody`s but PA`s child. also i thought this board didnt allow personal attacks on people. Can we just stick to the purpose of this board and not take sides bashing other posters for their opinion. Charlene is PA`s woman of the moment lets just leave it at that. If she gets dumped at some point we close the thread and move on to his next squeeze. But right now she could be the `Princess in waiting` for all we know, its all speculation just like Jasmin being PA`s child.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Royal Highness

Her upper body is very athletic, a bit like Stephanie's . I think it's a question of taste. I like it ... and I like her.
Seems to me a lot of you hold grudges against her - why?
Old 03-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

If anybody has problems with the moderation in this forum, feel free to send a private message to one of the administrators. Complaining about moderators is off-topic for threads about royals.

To answer the question about why Charlene has her own thread when no other royal girlfriends do, Kate Middleton and Chelsy Davy have their own threads in the British forum because they're serious girlfriends of senior royals. As long as Charlene is in the same category, I see no problem with her having her own thread. However, we prefer that current-events threads be started by moderators since they need to be updated every ten pages or so.

As far as requiring sources for information, we don't encourage unsubstantiated gossip in this forum any more than on any other. Anyone who feels victimised or picked on is welcome to PM one of the administrators.

Now perhaps we can get this thread back on topic without all these diversions.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
Her upper body is very athletic, a bit like Stephanie's . I think it's a question of taste. I like it ... and I like her.
It's not so much a grudge, sebastian, as they are reservations about her public behaviour. She's 28...old enough to know better that any public outing with PA is going to be an "official" function. I guess we are just comparing her behaviour to that of Mette-Marit, Mary, Letizia, Maxima, Mathilde, and Claire. Yes, I'm sure they received protocol training but there are certain basic rules of etiquette and comportment that you just know as a grown woman. Some of her behaviour was embarrassing to me, and I'm sure, to PA if he wants to be viewed on the world stage as a leader on some serious issues.

RE: her personal appearance, that's all a matter of perspective and as you said, it's a matter of taste.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
i really dont have a grudge against her, its her behavior. i dont know if u heard of this saying"you never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression" and her behavoir was childest and tacky imo. in the future, if she could act more mature that would be nice.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Aristocracy

If my 18 yr. old niece behaved at a local football game like Charlene did at the Olympics--I would be very ashamed for her. Lying on a man in the stands shows boorish behavior --and disrespect to the athletes.
I truly believe that she will represent Monaco at the 2008 Olympics--she won't have to work as hard to qualify for the team. I read that she could not represent her country in 2004 because did not qualify for the SA team...
Old 03-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by teense
If my 18 yr. old niece behaved at a local football game like Charlene did at the Olympics--I would be very ashamed for her. Lying on a man in the stands shows boorish behavior --and disrespect to the athletes.
I truly believe that she will represent Monaco at the 2008 Olympics--she won't have to work as hard to qualify for the team. I read that she could not represent her country in 2004 because did not qualify for the SA team...
She would have to move to Monaco to do that...and I don't see that happening. She did not qualify for the 2004 team due to illness and injury. Of course anything is possible since her public statements are slightly conflicted.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Royal Highness

Well, then maybe your values are a bit different than mine. I didn't see anything wrong with her behavior.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent

In Post #32 the last photo of Charlene, in my opinion, she doesn't have the most attractive smile. She needs braces or something. :o

In other photos she is rather cold looking.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Nobility

So she's really Alberts girlfriend?
Old 03-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Nobility

Yeah she's built jsut like Stephanie its very nice built, very thin strong athletic. Boyish built, muscular built. An androgyneous built just like Stephanie. Very skinny with definition.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
She would have to move to Monaco to do that...and I don't see that happening. She did not qualify for the 2004 team due to illness and injury. Of course anything is possible since her public statements and slightly conflicted.
It's similar to Alicia Warlick when she was dating Albert except the press liked her a lot due to her responses to questions like she enjoyed his company. Was very discrete and ladylike would be the words you are looking for. I won't say Charlene isn't she is more physical in her actions. If he didn't want her to do those things she wouldn't be. Now that he is the reigning Prince he has no one to answer to what he does and you might see more changes in protocol. Rainier was a loner and reserved Albert is not.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:06 AM
Majesty

Some pics from Revue

Old 03-18-2006, 07:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Charlene & Albert in Maldives (from Hola)

Old 03-18-2006, 08:29 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by De La Cruza
Yeah she's built jsut like Stephanie its very nice built, very thin strong athletic. Boyish built, muscular built. An androgyneous built just like Stephanie. Very skinny with definition.
At age 28, Stephanie is gorgeous and stunning . Her pictures show her to have luminous skin ,hair and facial features.. She has a sporty and yet ,soft feminine body......
At age 28 CW looks like she is 38 and then some ...Pictures of her body will evoke stories of PA being gay again....
CW can't hold a candle to either Caroline or Stephanie even though she is many years younger.
PA must love her because of her "center of attention" personality and compulsion to talk about herself to magazines.....
Old 03-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

To be honest I don't understand this neither and thus go with my brother a little. What is the problem with her talking about herself to one or two mags?
In my opinion she has the right to do this. Grace did the same thing too I think even though it was a different time.
Maybe you're informed about some things I don't know anything about or I'm just a bit stupid.
What is it?
That she is kissing him in public? Please , girls, we are in the 21st centurry...
That she was leaning her head on his shoulder in Turino?
That they were kind of tender in public?
They have the right to do this, no?
Yeah, I know he's a head of state and things but what are you expecting that their story will go the way Rainier's and Grace's went? There are more than 50 years between both stories.
And maybe she is just a friend and not the forever- and -always- one ...( although to me a looks kind of serious and as far as I know it is serious).... and then? What's the prob?

You all anted a woman for him...all the world wanted him to find somebody...and when he obviously seems quite fine with someone then this isn't right neither. Could he ever do anything right in peoples eyes???
Old 03-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Aristocracy

I actually think she is quite gorgeous-she would be in person anyway. I think some people will never think the girl Albert dates will live uo to their expectations but at the end of the day I dont think Albert cares. You can go crazy crazy always worrying what others think about you. As long as Albert is happy with the person he is with and they are a good person then I have no problem with his girlfriend.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
To be honest I don't understand this neither and thus go with my brother a little. What is the problem with her talking about herself to one or two mags?
In my opinion she has the right to do this. Grace did the same thing too I think even though it was a different time.
Maybe you're informed about some things I don't know anything about or I'm just a bit stupid.
What is it?
That she is kissing him in public? Please , girls, we are in the 21st centurry...
That she was leaning her head on his shoulder in Turino?
That they were kind of tender in public?
They have the right to do this, no?
Yeah, I know he's a head of state and things but what are you expecting that their story will go the way Rainier's and Grace's went? There are more than 50 years between both stories.
And maybe she is just a friend and not the forever- and -always- one ...( although to me a looks kind of serious and as far as I know it is serious).... and then? What's the prob?

You all anted a woman for him...all the world wanted him to find somebody...and when he obviously seems quite fine with someone then this isn't right neither. Could he ever do anything right in peoples eyes???
Quite frankly I couldn't care less if Albert marries or not, and I'm not so interested in his future wife. Anyway his behaviour (more than hers) at the Olympics was very disappointing (for me) because I expected him to change his ways once he succeded to his father, and he hasn't.
We keep thinking at Albert as a protagonist of international gossip, but he is now head of State, and his behaviour in my opinion was not suitable for a head of State. I know Monaco is not a big and important Country, but can you imagine Chirac or Blair behaving like that in public? Albert wants to be taken seriously, but to achieve that he has to make an effort and show a different side of him; he may be doing amazing things, but if he is front page in the papers for flirting with his new girlfriend in public, his reputation cannot get any better, and now that he is reigning Prince he can't say (as Caro and Steph can) I'm doing my best, who cares what people think.
Of course in private he can do whatever he pleases, and I know we are not in the 50s anymore. Yet, if I was a monaco citizens I would be very disappointed (and as a "supporter" of Monaco I am, as many people see the Grimaldis as more and more of a joke)...

Just my opinion of course,

Kisses