The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Aristocracy

Have I just missed it, or has there been nothing new out there regarding Charlene? I understand that Prince Albert has been busy running the country and getting ready for his expedition. But if he is serious about her, where is she?

Old 04-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryellen1539
Have I just missed it, or has there been nothing new out there regarding Charlene? I understand that Prince Albert has been busy running the country and getting ready for his expedition. But if he is serious about her, where is she?
I think she'll pop up again later this month...he seems to see her once a month: long weekend over New Year's (South Africa); long weekend in February (Torino); long weekend in March (The Maldives). There is a pattern here...probably will see her for a few days on safari.

Old 04-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Aristocracy

Hi Pink...Do you think Charlene was the tall blond in New York in November when the he was there for the Princess Grace Foundation dinner?
Old 04-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Courtier

Does anyone have a picture?

Ann
Old 04-12-2006, 09:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryellen1539
Hi Pink...Do you think Charlene was the tall blond in New York in November when the he was there for the Princess Grace Foundation dinner?
Possibly...but then someone would have put two and two together by now. And he didn't take her to the dinner (which he had taken Alicia to) just to the party the night before. Again, he has a predeliction for tall blondes so it could have been anybody. He had just said in a NYT article that he wasn't dating anyone and I want to believe him. I can't imagine any man having enough energy to rule a country, participate in all those sporting events, and chase blondes on several continents. There will always be women around him because of who he is and they will be easily discarded.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
The cover of this week's NOVELLA2000. The red strip in the centre/left reads:
"Albert is getting ready for his wedding with CW"
Old 04-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Majesty

Here are some pics from this weeks BUNTE

Old 04-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Courtier

While the photos and magazine articles are interesting and nice and I'm sure boost sales, no official statement has come from the Palace that they are even dating. Well, other than the statement that they are suing Paris Match jointly...but that doesn't count. If there is no news, run some sort of story based on a rumor/speculation to generate one. How many Brangelina wedding stories have been published in the past two months? Bennifer was another one... I don't know about this. You don't wait this long and then rush into something. This could be her PR people just keeping her name out there...any press is good press...but it also could backfire b/c everyone will bring up the Olympics, The Maldives, etc. and that may not be the image they want to portray.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Gentry

For me, it will very sad if PA chooses CW to be his wife. CW and Eva Sannum (ex-girlfriend of Filip of spain) seem to have same character which is both of them have some bikini photo shoot.

I think PA should pick a good woman with degree and full time job because he is waiting for a woman for so long. And I think many people talk about wife of PA because they care about PA and they want PA has a good wife. So he should not make people disappointment.

By the way, I don't understand that why Monaco's cabinet must protect CW by suing Paris Match about "pre-honeymoon in Malives". I really don't understand.

If he picks any woman who is disqualify to be a princess, Many crown Europe princes will laugh at him. I'd heard that there are many Europe crown princes don't like PA.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Nobility

If it is true ... I don't think the palace has to officially mention that Prince Albert and Charlene are dating befoe you will hear an engagement announcement. I really do believe that Albert will follow the lead of Felipe of Spain and Phillipe of Belgium and keep his future bride out of the public eye until he is ready to announce an engagement. But, Charlene is already out of the bag.

Well, somebody in Charlene's camp has to be participating with the magazine because Novella has her family pictures (unless these pictures were already published before). From what I've seen of Charlene, she is not a class act. Most of stories I read in the U.S. about Monaco mainly focus on the "scandalous acts" of Grace Kelly's children. I just want to see Albert marry someone (not another Grace Kelly, she was unique, and in a different era) with class that will further enhance Monaco's image. I'm sorry, but Charlene is not it. Charlene has no education, no career, and hardly no chance of making the 2008 Olympics (unless her team just put her on - she didn't even make the Commonwealth games). Hey, but my opinion means nothing.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Gentry

This latest is bound to bring about another lawsuit.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Elizabeth
This latest is bound to bring about another lawsuit.
I should have been a lawyer!:p
Old 04-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Majesty

Actually Charlene's grandmother gave the pics to the press....
Old 04-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Time for a new thread, which can be found here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-2-a-9407.html