The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 08:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
Another point I want to make is that no matter how inappropriately she might behave or uneducated she is, it is PA's choice to have her around. He can marry the youngest, dumbest woman in the world or have as many gf's who are young and dumb also. The choice is his and if you come down hard on the women he dates, you have to come down hard on PA as well.
Well as someone pointed out earlier, apparently one does not need to be able to think about too many deep issues to be with Albert, and it seems he likes it best that way.:p

I'm going to speculate a little and I'll try to be delicate -- but does anyone think it possible that our dear Albie and his people are out to try 'witt -wash' his image after being given a 'zwart & blauw' bruising last year in the papers and in front of all the other royals? I know that's abit tacky to say that, and I apologize very much, but without getting too far off topic, I think it's fair to question the motive for showing her out so publically

I mean really, he could have kept this Charlene thing under wrap if he had really, truly wanted to, he knows the press game pretty well having about 30 years practice with them -- someone pointed out that he kept his long affair with NC super quiet, he kept the birth of his own son from the public for almost 2 full years and now he seems to keep his time (if he has any) with Alexander extremely quiet, so much so one wonders if he ever spends any time with his own child...

Old 03-28-2006, 10:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
Well as someone pointed out earlier, apparently one does not need to be able to think about too many deep issues to be with Albert, and it seems he likes it best that way.:p
Many men in high-powered positions like women who may not be on their level intellectually or otherwise. They don't like to come home and feel that they are in a constant competition. However, in many of those relationships, the husband/bf/whatever wanders when he becomes bored, e.g., Donald Trump. He went from the high-powered business exec who helped him build his business (Ivana) and then thought that he wanted someone who stayed home all day with few if any interests of her own (Marla Maples). Any relationship is about finding balance. A good friend with an enviable marriage says that the key to success is that he has his interests and friends with whom he spends time, she has hers, and they have joint interests. Keeps them sane and healthy as individuals and they remember what attracted them to each other in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
I'm going to speculate a little and I'll try to be delicate -- but does anyone think it possible that our dear Albie and his people are out to try 'witt -wash' his image after being given a 'zwart & blauw' bruising last year in the papers and in front of all the other royals? I know that's abit tacky to say that, and I apologize very much, but without getting too far off topic, I think it's fair to question the motive for showing her out so publically

I mean really, he could have kept this Charlene thing under wrap if he had really, truly wanted to, he knows the press game pretty well having about 30 years practice with them -- someone pointed out that he kept his long affair with NC super quiet, he kept the birth of his own son from the public for almost 2 full years and now he seems to keep his time (if he has any) with Alexander extremely quiet, so much so one wonders if he ever spends any time with his own child...
If anything l'affaire Charlene adds to his "zwart & blauw" bruising and makes him look a little juvenile as compared to the Princes Charles, Frederick, Felipe and the rest. It just adds to Albert's image as a playboy who can't be taken seriously.

Old 03-29-2006, 12:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
...I've been in long distance relationships -- if you really care for someone you make sure they are with you at the big celebrations.

Great said, Pink! :) Indeed, when we care for someone we try to be with our darling at every, more or less, important event....but at the same time don't forget we know not so much about their real relationship, what's happening is in his mind, what are his hidden intentions toward CW and his family' attude to this "new love story"...for the time being all our interpretations and suppositions remain just idle speculation. Games with fancy are able to carry away very far... The only one thing evident for me now is Albert' contented face expression - he had a good rest
Old 03-29-2006, 11:57 PM
Nobility

I was under the impression that royals do not show up at official functions with "partners" or dates generally, unless there is a ring on the finger. Taking CW to the ball would have been like saying, "this is it". Or at least something very close to it.

Surely, CW did not turn down an invite. She either didn't get one or he simply explained to her it was just presumptive and a bad idea. I think he could have communicted this idea to her without causing any great rift between them.

In short, I really do not think we can make anything of her lack of appearance. Her showing up in Torino was a bad idea on his part because it took so much attention from the games (not a good idea for a member of the IOC) The same think would have happend at the ball, I just really think he wants his private life private until he comes out and says......this is the one. I would imagine all the attention might ruin some women, for good or bad.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:21 AM
Aristocracy

He was seen immediately with her in Paris hours after the ball. I'm guessing she was in Monaco and they quickly escaped to Paris together. (Or she could have been waiting for him in Paris--but that would be such a long trip from SA for one night.. So I think she must have been in Monaco waiting for the ball to conclude...). They are still together strong-- or else she wouldn't have been in Paris...
He is seeing her a lot within a short time and considering she lives in SA--(Olympics, Maldives, Paris...) I wouldn't be surprised if she has moved in with him for more accessibility...
Old 03-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by teense
He was seen immediately with her in Paris hours after the ball. I'm guessing she was in Monaco and they quickly escaped to Paris together. (Or she could have been waiting for him in Paris--but that would be such a long trip from SA for one night.. So I think she must have been in Monaco waiting for the ball to conclude...). They are still together strong-- or else she wouldn't have been in Paris...
He is seeing her a lot within a short time and considering she lives in SA--(Olympics, Maldives, Paris...) I wouldn't be surprised if she has moved in with him for more accessibility...
No one confirmed whether it was her or not in Paris. I don't think she moved in with him...there would have been reports of her seen in and around Monaco and I don't think she went to Paris for one night either...I think it was just a blonde in the entourage... If they had been in Paris together something more would have been made about it. After all he went to Switzerland without her...
Old 03-31-2006, 06:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Yes, of course -- maybe he's given her the key to his apartment in Paris?

Now that NC has moved to a house, Charlene can feel comfortable that the apartment can be hers for a bit...:p
Old 04-01-2006, 09:26 AM
Courtier

(This is also on the Poll on Jazmin thread.)

On that note, I have a few thoughts on my own. I think a lot of the gossip magazines are manufacturing these stories or grabbing on to rumor or innuendo just to sell issues. They risk being sued, but so far, the only target for PA's ire apparently is PM.

I have a theory of what is going on anyway. I am reading a bio of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and in the years prior to her marriage to Onassis, she was frequently rumored to be on the verge of marrying several men. However the pattern was once the relationship became public, it meant it was at the end. That's how I'm feeling about the CW thing: they're suing b/c it's pretty much over. (Jackie had taken very high profile, long-term trips with them as well at the end.)

I don't think CW was in Paris before or after the Ball. The photos tamarindi posted were dated March 24th; the ball was the 25th. The timeline is weird, frantic, and leaving themselves exposed to the paparazzi. On the 24th, he is seen entering a nightclub with a blonde, bundled up, several paces behind. On the 25th, he is back in Monaco for the Rose Ball. On the 26th, he's back in Paris for the film festival and no sign of any blonde. On the 27th, the photos with the statuary were taken. On the 28th, he had surgery. Some photographer would have noticed if CW was coming/going from his apt. in Paris. I think the blonde in the nightclub photo is the same one from the yacht taken last summer and that she lives in Paris. I don't think PA is being exclusive to anyone at this time and right now his focus is on getting a new soccer coach for his team (read an article online the other day -- the interview is Monday) and then getting ready to leave for the Arctic. I could be wrong...but it's just a theory. I don't know what to think about the safari in SA...we just have to wait and see for that.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Aristocracy

Pinky, great analysis as usual!
If what you say did happen, CW might be quite miffed right now if she saw pictures PA going into the Crazy Horse exotic club with another lady.....
Old 04-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Serene Highness

I think I would be quite miffed if I saw my BF go into the CH with anyone (men or women). it is just not the place I would want him to be. That is sth that I would let go past if he was in his early twenties, but at his age it just has the bad taste to it. It just gives me in icky feeling. Also it lets his comments in a French doc be seen in a different light. In the context there it was a joke, but when you are being photographed entering a nude club as the head of state (as small and insignificant as it might be to the rest of the world) it is just not sth that helps to be taken seriously on the political stage. ( I wouldn't want to know what the reaction would have been if Bill Clinton would have done sth like that... )
Old 04-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Nobility

omg that was a nude club? i'm sorry for my ignorance but i thought that was a restaurant!
Old 04-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Serene Highness

Nope, that was a high profile nude club. I posted the link a few pages back.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
Nope, that was a high profile nude club. I posted the link a few pages back.
that's just...dandy.

i know we have nude clubs here everywhere and men older than albi go but yeah for ahead of state he should know better. oy albert oy.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Aristocracy

Paca,
Yes , a Head of State strolling into a nude performance club is very distasteful.....
He has so much money----he could privately hire performers to secretly come to the palace----That would maintain a false sense of propriety...
Its as if he doesn't even mind being photographed going into the exotic nude club......
He did wear a slight smirk on his face in addition to his smart black club clothing....
Old 04-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
I think I would be quite miffed if I saw my BF go into the CH with anyone (men or women). it is just not the place I would want him to be. That is sth that I would let go past if he was in his early twenties, but at his age it just has the bad taste to it. It just gives me in icky feeling. Also it lets his comments in a French doc be seen in a different light. In the context there it was a joke, but when you are being photographed entering a nude club as the head of state (as small and insignificant as it might be to the rest of the world) it is just not sth that helps to be taken seriously on the political stage. ( I wouldn't want to know what the reaction would have been if Bill Clinton would have done sth like that... )
our press would still be having a field day if he would have done that. this country is still very set on puritan beliefs. ugh. but it would have still been wrong for him to just publicly go knowing there would be cameras everywhere.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Paca,
Yes , a Head of State strolling into a nude performance club is very distasteful.....
He has so much money----he could privately hire performers to secretly come to the palace----That would maintain a false sense of propriety...
Its as if he doesn't even mind being photographed going into the exotic nude club......
He did wear a slight smirk on his face in addition to his smart black club clothing....
i agree teense if he wanted it so bad, he could have just hired them.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:27 PM
Courtier

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Crazy Horse quite famouse and attended (nowadays) not only for the naked dancers? I know it is a place where many people go, also women, just because it is popular and historic in a way, it is not a stripper club.

Kisses
Old 04-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Crazy Horse quite famouse and attended (nowadays) not only for the naked dancers? I know it is a place where many people go, also women, just because it is popular and historic in a way, it is not a stripper club.

Kisses
Does President Chirac go there?
Is it the type of place CP Felipe and Letizia would go for an evening if they were in town?
Old 04-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think so.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Courtier

Well, I have criticized Albert on many occasions recently, and was called a prude for my opinion of the Olympic pics, but I find nothing wrong with him attending clubs and discos as long as he is discreet and not loud. In this case I think he was. Maybe he was invited to a party, a birthday of a friend; as I've said, the Crazy Horse is not at all a stripper club.

Kisses

Closed Thread