The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 06:47 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
basically the article is summarizing CWs coming out and mention her remarks about 2 lovers in Turin. Apart from that it is about PAs expedition to the NP. nothing new.
Thanks Paca...:)

Old 03-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by teense
Charlene needs to wash her hair--they have hair products that can help her... They can really air brush the wrinkles in a posed picture......She loves to pose...

Someone on our forums said it best:

The camera loved Grace Kelly.
Charlene Wittstock loves the camera...
Ouch!

(whispers: but I agree with you)

Old 03-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
wow, that's the first time I see a mag saying (by saying they are not saying it) that CW might well have ulterior motives. interesting. thx 4 posting.
Can someone post the article? I can't seem to get at it or is a subscription free?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryellen1539
Here's the latest article from South Africian version of YOU magazine

"HE MAY not cut a very fetching figure with that boep bulging over the waistband of his pink baggies but Prince Albert has a certain something other men don’t have – Monaco.... "

http://www.you.co.za/default.aspx
I thought the article's byline is something like CW is only a few steps closer to becoming a princess....That she wasn't at the Rose Ball is not an indication of anything. Whatever was photographed during a private holiday was, well, could have been anticipated in light of the fact that papparazzis have been hounding them since Torino.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:05 AM
Serene Highness

I just came back from Paris, and I didn't see much about CW in any of the mags. I still have quite a few threads to read through, but if she didn't appear at the ball, maybe that says something?
Old 03-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
I just came back from Paris, and I didn't see much about CW in any of the mags. I still have quite a few threads to read through, but if she didn't appear at the ball, maybe that says something?
i think she was actually in paris while PA was at the ball, but no one really knows.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Serene Highness

I was hoping to see SOMEONE in Paris too! :)
Well, what other reason would she have to be in Paris other than to be with PA? Apparently, he was at a film festival on the day after the ball, so maybe they met up in Paris??? Perhaps it would have been inappropriate for him to have her come to the Ball since they are not "official" yet
Old 03-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
I was hoping to see SOMEONE in Paris too! :)
Well, what other reason would she have to be in Paris other than to be with PA? Apparently, he was at a film festival on the day after the ball, so maybe they met up in Paris??? Perhaps it would have been inappropriate for him to have her come to the Ball since they are not "official" yet
haha would you have jumped on her or pulled her hair?!? :p

and i agree, she's not official and the whole relationship has been in such turmoil it just would have put a damp on the mood of the party.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantednights
haha would you have jumped on her or pulled her hair?!? :p

and i agree, she's not official and the whole relationship has been in such turmoil it just would have put a damp on the mood of the party.
Well, if they are jointly suing they are "official" but I don't think the relationship will last long. If that is CW in the Paris photo, it seems that PA is now trying to hide her...I just don't think it bodes well for the longevity of the relationship.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Aristocracy

this are the rest from NEWSCOM:
"Prince Albert II of Monaco and girlfriend Charlene Wittstock arrive at the Crazy Horse. Paris, FRANCE-24/03/2006 "
the photos are too small to really know but I think the woman there is just too short and her face is a bit diffrent but I could also be very very wrong - see for yourself.

Tamar
Old 03-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Aristocracy

Does not look like her, she (the lady behind PA in pix) looks like Goldie Hawn. And besides why will he now hide her? It does not makes too much sense.
Lady Tropical Paradise; this is an especulative site, and we are here because we have time to spare, my opinions and yours, are just that and nobody will get hurt if we express them. Have a great life.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
Can someone post the article? I can't seem to get at it or is a subscription free?
This magazine is the South Africian publication of YOU.

What caught my attention with this article was this line:

"...So no doubt when the 47-year-old prince asked Charlene (28) to go away with him for a few days recently she leapt at the chance, especially as it involved a private yacht, a luxury resort in the Maldives and loads of swimming. ..."

There have been several entries on this forum about Charlene having to be groomed and that a good PR person needs get their hands on her, if she is to become princess. After reading this article, I think that perhaps they should start with her home town.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:25 PM
Serene Highness

That girl in the pics could be CW. . .maybe making a strange face? The woman does look shorter than CW but could it be that he's going up steps?

As far as me seeing CW, there woudl have been no hair pulling by me. I would just snap a picture.

I just think CW is going about this all wrong. The couple needs a quick image makeover, and that's sad considering they're just starting out.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Courtier

Her jawline would be a dead giveaway as she has a heart-shaped face, but its very hard to tell with her jacket bundled up like that.

The height thing is negligable as the photos I've seen have Charlene at various heights stretching up and leaning down against Albert. Change from barefoot to heels and viceversa and its even more confusing.

I don't think the papers would risk being sued by calling any blonde Charlene without a sort of confirmation.

Ann
Old 03-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
Her jawline would be a dead giveaway as she has a heart-shaped face, but its very hard to tell with her jacket bundled up like that.

The height thing is negligable as the photos I've seen have Charlene at various heights stretching up and leaning down against Albert. Change from barefoot to heels and viceversa and its even more confusing.

I don't think the papers would risk being sued by calling any blonde Charlene without a sort of confirmation.

Ann
It may be her, it may not be. I just think it's kind of mean to say you're my gf, but I can't have you in my country yet. I also think he only did a day or an overnight trip to Paris so I can't see her traveling all that way just for one night. Then to have her hiding in his entourage...again confirms her role as "official mistress" as that is what he did with NC.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:30 PM
Serene Highness

Since the interview I have posted in another thread can also be read as criticism of a high Monegasque official about PAs latest conquest, I would like to post it in this thread t keep the discussion of CW limited here:

Interview with Philippe Deslandes 27.03.06 MC Matin

“Prince Rainier had a great ability of anticipation.”

P. D., 60, is leaving MC coming April 10. Direction to the region Champagne-Ardenne, where he will take the function of the prefect. Before leaving his seat as advisor to the government for interior affairs, he evokes his relations with the palace.

Which of the events in the during the last 8 years in the princes government?
The death of the prince und the organization of the funeral, in regards to the security as well as the emotions. Also the ascension to the throne of Albert II ad the discovering of the Formula 1 Grand Prix.

Which Monegasque personality will you keep in your memory?
(Silence and a little smile as if to say: in your opinion) Prince Rainier, for whom I had a lot of pleasure to work for and who had a great ability of anticipation. With him, I had a different complicity. He loved life and funny stories.

Your best memory with the deceased prince?
That was in July 2004 at private lunch in the palace. The only one. One day, in his private apartments, he commented on the collages of PG with tears in his eyes.

No private dinner with the new prince?
Not yet…PA kept his Olympic responsibilities, and has already effected a lot of official journeys, a very busy schedule.

How do the dossiers circulate between the ministry of state and the palace?
The prince does not have the same work methods as his father. My relations with him are very good. The treatment of the dossiers is done by intermession of Jean-Luc Allavena, the director of the prince’s cabinet. After the nomination of the cabinet, there was a time of adaptation necessary. But now it is working.

What are you keeping of the principality and its nationals?
It is a land of exception. I was amazed to see so many people with diplomas and cultivated among the 7000 Monegasques. Undoubtedly a success of the national education.

Evidently, you carry MC in your heart… do you have anything to criticize?
MC is a land of rumors. When they are around, there is bad climate. That is regrettable.

Other then that it is a pity that the administration is so closed. Here the bureaucrats are not in the habit of picking up the phone. They transmit the dossier.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
(I'm reposting this in Charlene's thread)

THis is an interview with a high administrator who is leaving MC ad talks about his work there:

Interview with Philippe Deslandes 27.03.06 MC Matin

What are you keeping of the principality and its nationals?
It is a land of exception. I was amazed to see so many people with diplomas and cultivated among the 7000 Monegasques. Undoubtedly a success of the national education.

Evidently, you carry MC in your heart… do you have anything to criticize?
MC is a land of rumors. When they are around, there is bad climate. That is regrettable.

Other then that it is a pity that the administration is so closed. Here the bureaucrats are not in the habit of picking up the phone. They transmit the dossier.
There is at the moment a thinking about modernizing the MC admin going on.

Do you have a regret?
I am absolutely convinced that one could work together much better. In the humanitarian domain for example, the associations could start programs in synergy to have more weight. That would give MC a beautiful image.

I think the above three statements are possible jabs at Ms. Wittstock. I do not think it is by accident that Mr. Deslandes chose to speak about 1) rumors setting a bad climate, 2) praising Monaco for having so many cultivated people with diplomas, and 3) wanting to set a good image for Monaco by doing more humantarian work.

I know this is speculation, but Mr. Deslands probably knows more about the seriousness of Albert's relationship with Charlene. I would not be suprised if Albert told his advisors about any plans he may have for marriage. Perhaps he may have wanted Albert to inform his subjects about his status with Charlene, especially since rumors are running rampart in Europe and South Africa. These rumors probably are setting a bad climate in Monaco. As for his mentioning of diplomas and cultivation, I really believe that this was not some random thought. I believe that this is directed towards Charlene. Does anyone even know if Charlene even finished high school?

By Albert not taking her to the Rose Ball but choosing to take her out in public to a Parisian cabaret club, shows disrespect towards her. I know Charlene is probably not feeling disrespected since in the Paris Match interview she stated she loves to travel. And, she has been traveling in style with Albert. Albert values his privacy, so he probably does not want people interfering in his private life (who does?). But people in Monaco probably have already seen the Olympics and Maldives pictures. So now he should try to show her in a more positive light.

I know there is a wide range of opinions about Charlene in this forum, but do you think that she gives Monaco a beautiful image?
Old 03-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia
By Albert not taking her to the Rose Ball but choosing to take her out in public to a Parisian cabaret club, shows disrespect towards her. I know Charlene is probably not feeling disrespected since in the Paris Match interview she stated she loves to travel. And, she has been traveling in style with Albert. Albert values his privacy, so he probably does not want people interfering in his private life (who does?). But people in Monaco probably have already seen the Olympics and Maldives pictures. So now he should try to show her in a more positive light.

I know there is a wide range of opinions about Charlene in this forum, but do you think that she gives Monaco a beautiful image?
I think Charlene might have been hurt to not go to the ball, but because she is getting other perks that come with being in the circle of PA, she probably is ok. I also think it is odd that he displays her to the world at Turino, but doesn't take her to Monaco. Maybe he's not giving it as much thought as we are

As far as your question, I don't see how CW could cast a positive image on Monaco as she has no ties to the country other than as the current gf of PA. I don't think it's her responsibility to consider how her actions affect Monaco; rather it's Albert's.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Courtier

I think it is reaching to say that he is taking jabs at CW in the interview with P. Deslandes that paca posted. And whatever people think is wrong with her, PA continues to see her. P. Deslandes seemed to be speaking entirely about government affairs, not PA's private affairs. As far as rumours creating a bad climate, that could be anything from TR & Jazmin's alleged trip to MC last Christmas to Stephanie getting back together with Daniel Ducruet.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia
Quote:
I think the above three statements are possible jabs at Ms. Wittstock. I do not think it is by accident that Mr. Deslandes chose to speak about 1) rumors setting a bad climate, 2) praising Monaco for having so many cultivated people with diplomas, and 3) wanting to set a good image for Monaco by doing more humantarian work.

I know this is speculation, but Mr. Deslands probably knows more about the seriousness of Albert's relationship with Charlene. I would not be suprised if Albert told his advisors about any plans he may have for marriage. Perhaps he may have wanted Albert to inform his subjects about his status with Charlene, especially since rumors are running rampart in Europe and South Africa. These rumors probably are setting a bad climate in Monaco. As for his mentioning of diplomas and cultivation, I really believe that this was not some random thought. I believe that this is directed towards Charlene. Does anyone even know if Charlene even finished high school?

I agree with you that M deslandes might be alluding to CW in his interview (though on a very discreet level). i have said before that this recent exposure does not sit well with people in MC and that I think that there will be opposition to this sort of publicity. I am not sure whether it was long previewed that he would leave, but I found that he voices some criticism of PA as a leader here. Especially in his remark about PAs olympic duties. I didn't think that his long absence would go down well in the first place, but this public display did not help him in his position. That is also why I doubt there are any preps regarding CW are going on. I think that MD simply critized PAs behaviour (possibly not directly towards PA, but walls have ears here, so I am sure his opinion was known) and that was not taken well. I suppose PA insisted that he could do with his private life whatever he pleases and some of his advisors do not share this opinion (as many on this board) if it harms MC. Also the underlining of his good relations to PA seems to state the opposite (as it often does in politics).

As to showing her in a positive light, I think PA has missed that chance ad would be well advised not to show her for quite some time and keep his private matters private. Mainly for his own sake because he is doing severe damage to himself at present.

Closed Thread