The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Nobility

I must agree with Pinkldy....CW introduction to the public was aweful and low class. A very good indication that she is going to remain a gf or mistress.

I cannot think of another CP who has been photographed and quoted in such an unappealing light prior to a wedding. They have both damaged her reputaion with their own actions. I think the lawsuit is their way of saying....blame it on the media.

When I was dating a older woman told me, don't make overnight trips with men. Just don't do it until your married. No speach about premarital sex, sin, or self rightousness. Just a simple rule to establish a respectable boundry. CW would have done well to hold back a bit. That ladies and gentlemen is exactly How Ann Boulin got her hands on Henry.

Old 03-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by teense
...Reminds me of the picture where she put her head between his legs at the olympic stands and was looking right at the photographers---he looked uncomfortable in that one too, like he wanted to stop it...
I have looked over the Turino photos and I can't find the one you are referring to. Also, a little reminder: A majority of TRF members did not approve of Mary Donaldson as a bride for CP Frederik of Denmark citing, among other things, her lack of style: here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ederik-78.html. And I don't even want to dredge up some of the things said about CP Letizia before she married CP Felipe. That said, I understand the disappointment people have in the women PA chooses to hook up with but lucky for most of us, it's MC's problem and not ours. :p

Old 03-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Courtier

If that is Charlene in the Paris photos, I think it's cruel of Albert to leave her in Paris while he was at the Ball; almost confirms her role as "official mistress." I think the anorak article was pretty tongue in cheek and I check the Hello! website every day; they haven't seemed particularly interested in Al since the Olympics and then his trip to London. They never mentioned the Maldives...the poll they had when CW first popped up was something like 3:1 that folks felt he was too old for her (I'm not sure how scientific it is, but that's what I remember). People said stuff about Letizia and Mary and Mette-Marit but I think they handled themselves much better.

RE: the chest photo -- it's hard to say exactly where her head/lips are...but let's just say it didn't leave much to the imagination.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
I have looked over the Turino photos and I can't find the one you are referring to. Also, a little reminder: A majority of TRF members did not approve of Mary Donaldson as a bride for CP Frederik of Denmark citing, among other things, her lack of style: here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ederik-78.html. And I don't even want to dredge up some of the things said about CP Letizia before she married CP Felipe. That said, I understand the disappointment people have in the women PA chooses to hook up with but lucky for most of us, it's MC's problem and not ours. :p
Lack of style is completely different than a lack of decorum (propriety in manners, conduct, and social behavior).

In regards to the disapproval of Mary and Letizia,
1) Did either of them give a detail account of their first date with their prince to a reporter (inclduing making it back to her room at 5 in the morning)?
2) Did they hire a public relations manager after their first photographed public appearance?
3) Did they give an interview promoting themselves soon after the public was aware of their relationship with their princes?
4) If Letizia and Mary attended any public sporting functions with their future princes, were they hanging all over their princes (is it really necessary at a sporting event or a show)?

It's not fair to ask whether Mary or Letizia was photographed showing graphic displays of affection, like Albert and Charlene in Maldives, becase they were on a private holiday and according to their lawsuit they did not expect to be photographed. But, do you think Mary and Letizia would have behaved as Albert and Charlene, as we saw in some of those pictures, WITH their friends around?

Didn't the public and most publications in Spain made a big deal because Prince Felipe's long-term girlfriend wore what many thought was a very inappropriate gown to a royal wedding. Didn't their relationship ended a month or so later (of course we don't know if this was the sole reason). Some people just have higher standards for royal relationships (whether we think it is fair or not).

Also, I believe Mary and Letizia are both highly educated or at least place a high value on an education. Lack of style is something that can easily be rectified, especially when you have the resources that these royal princesses have at their disposals. Just look at some of the before and after pictures of Mary; it's amazing. Charlene will look just as amazing with the right resouces. But, there are certain things that money just can't buy.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia
Lack of style is completely different than a lack of decorum (propriety in manners, conduct, and social behavior).

In regards to the disapproval of Mary and Letizia,
1) Did either of them give a detail account of their first date with their prince to a reporter (inclduing making it back to her room at 5 in the morning)?
2) Did they hire a public relations manager after their first photographed public appearance?
3) Did they give an interview promoting themselves soon after the public was aware of their relationship with their princes?
4) If Letizia and Mary attended any public sporting functions with their future princes, were they hanging all over their princes (is it really necessary at a sporting event or a show)?

It's not fair to ask whether Mary or Letizia was photographed showing graphic displays of affection, like Albert and Charlene in Maldives, becase they were on a private holiday and according to their lawsuit they did not expect to be photographed. But, do you think Mary and Letizia would have behaved as Albert and Charlene, as we saw in some of those pictures, WITH their friends around?

Didn't the public and most publications in Spain made a big deal because Prince Felipe's long-term girlfriend wore what many thought was a very inappropriate gown to a royal wedding. Didn't their relationship ended a month or so later (of course we don't know if this was the sole reason). Some people just have higher standards for royal relationships (whether we think it is fair or not).

Also, I believe Mary and Letizia are both highly educated or at least place a high value on an education. Lack of style is something that can easily be rectified, especially when you have the resources that these royal princesses have at their disposals. Just look at some of the before and after pictures of Mary; it's amazing. Charlene will look just as amazing with the right resouces. But, there are certain things that money just can't buy.
Obviously "lack of style" was just one of the objections some had but to answer your questions:
1) no
2) no
3) no
4) no
no, yes, and yes both Mary and Letizia are highly educated although I've mentioned before that PA doesn't seem to like educated women of much accomplishment. So, alrighty then.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:45 PM
Courtier

Another point I want to make is that no matter how inappropriately she might behave or uneducated she is, it is PA's choice to have her around. He can marry the youngest, dumbest woman in the world or have as many gf's who are young and dumb also. The choice is his and if you come down hard on the women he dates, you have to come down hard on PA as well.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Another point I want to make is that no matter how inappropriately she might behave or uneducated she is, it is PA's choice to have her around. He can marry the youngest, dumbest woman in the world or have as many gf's who are young and dumb also. The choice is his and if you come down hard on the women he dates, you have to come down hard on PA as well.
This is so true!!!

Albert chose Charlene and continues to see her, so obviously he's attracted to her. I don't know what other type of women he has dated in the past, I started reading about him after the Nicole story. After reading the initial story in the U.S. about Albert recognizing his love child with a black woman whom he had a 5-year relationship with, I thought this was a rare fairytale romance. I have never heard of a European prince having a relationship with a black woman, so I was rather intrigued (I later laearned about Angela & Max). After reading several interviews that she gave, I thought Nicole was rather calculating, delusional, and desparate. But, Albert chose her.

So, is Charlene and Nicole the typical type of woman Albert has dated in the past?

Princesses Mary was in marketing, Mathilde was a child speech therapist and from a noble family, Maxim was in the financial industry, and Letizia was a newscaster before they all met their prince. I believe Mette Merit was the only one who wasn't working in a professional industry. Plus, all the princess were highly educated, except MM.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
well and lucky for her that soon we will open our own plastic surgery clinic right above the HPG. And she already has her own sports clinic at hand too, in case she still considers swimming as her main activity besides PA.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
This is so true!!!

Albert chose Charlene and continues to see her, so obviously he's attracted to her. I don't know what other type of women he has dated in the past, I started reading about him after the Nicole story. After reading the initial story in the U.S. about Albert recognizing his love child with a black woman whom he had a 5-year relationship with, I thought this was a rare fairytale romance. I have never heard of a European prince having a relationship with a black woman, so I was rather intrigued (I later laearned about Angela & Max). After reading several interviews that she gave, I thought Nicole was rather calculating, delusional, and desparate. But, Albert chose her.

So, is Charlene and Nicole the typical type of woman Albert has dated in the past?

Princesses Mary was in marketing, Mathilde was a child speech therapist and from a noble family, Maxim was in the financial industry, and Letizia was a newscaster before they all met their prince. I believe Mette Merit was the only one who wasn't working in a professional industry. Plus, all the princess were highly educated, except MM.
And MM is the only CP who is not popular in her country of Norway. It has more to do with her performance or lack thereof than her education but her lack of education seems to stifle her or make her insecure in the role of CP. So while education may not be the end all, it is important in a role such as Sovereign Princess, which is what Charlene or whoever PA decides to marry would be. I can't say he has never dated a woman with a college degree but I can't recall one. He doesn't seem to think that is important to MC or even for his own intellectual stimulation. Charlene is certainly better than the bimbos of his recent past and I think that's why a lot of people want to give her a chance. But that doesn't say much about PA that at 48, Charlene is one of the best he's done so far.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
MM was a student (I think psychology). THey actually did both go to London for a while to persue their studies (Or at least that was the official version). So she is not completely uneducated either (she still surpasses Pdi in education, who was possibly the least educated of them all, much younger then CW and still managed to appropriately behave - btw take away the comparison with PAs age and you will not attribute her behaviour to the foolishness of young people. She is not a teenager anymore, she is at an age were other women are married with children, have a demanding profession and heaps of responsibilities to take care of. She never had to do that. She is a pampered athlete who never had to do anything but swim and whose psyche is probably terribly fragile, because most high strung athletes have problems giving their full performance when outside things disrupt their concentration. Inspite of what one would expect, they can not handle stress unless the one directly related to their sport. Only very few can win a medal in spite of outside stress. So taking this aspect, what sort of princess would she make? How long could she handle the constant pressure plus add the pressure that any relationship entails.....??)
Old 03-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Charlene is certainly better than the bimbos of his recent past and I think that's why a lot of people want to give her a chance. But that doesn't say much about PA that at 48, Charlene is one of the best he's done so far.
Um, how is she better???????? I don't remember any kind of photos of Albert with his past gf's like the ones that were recently published. (Granted, they were "private," but I still feel that they were tempting fate when they booked PR shoots.) I don't remember any of them blatantly talking to the press about their relationship... I think he's gone backwards, not forward. Optimstically speaking, perhaps this is a "last hurrah?" For all that NC did at the end, at least she was much more discreet when the affair was going on. Remember, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
[CW] is a pampered athlete who never had to do anything but swim and whose psyche is probably terribly fragile, because most high strung athletes have problems giving their full performance when outside things disrupt their concentration. Inspite of what one would expect, they can not handle stress unless the one directly related to their sport. Only very few can win a medal in spite of outside stress. So taking this aspect, what sort of princess would she make? How long could she handle the constant pressure plus add the pressure that any relationship entails.....??)
Which is why I don't think this relationship will last much longer than it takes to resolve the lawsuit.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I saw the picture of CW laying between PA legs on the stands at an event. It does look like her head is between his legs, in the next shot he notices the camera, she smiles to strike a pose and he tries to shuffle her off and duck down a bit. He was not smiling. He was quite uncomforable. I don't know many unfamous women who would behave this way. I'm married and I wouldn't. Only because it's suggestive, as I said in another post way back.

I'm sure every CP has been met with some opposition. I do not remember Di getting too much. But, she had no past to dig up. I think MM was an aweful choice and I have read that that royal family is in touble of going extinct. As much as people like a scandal. People love and respect the Queen of England more than any other royal peroid. How can you not? Because she is so repectable.

Also, it is a rare day to catch a britsh royal out with a girlfriend. Both Harry and William have gone out of their way to prevent having their pictures taken with women. Partly because it's not good for a womans reputation. I've even read that King Hussien pushed his son Abdullah to marry Rania for fear that he would get a reputation as a womanizer.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:23 AM
Aristocracy

Here's the latest article from South Africian version of YOU magazine

"HE MAY not cut a very fetching figure with that boep bulging over the waistband of his pink baggies but Prince Albert has a certain something other men don’t have – Monaco.... "

http://www.you.co.za/default.aspx
Old 03-27-2006, 02:30 AM
Serene Highness

wow, that's the first time I see a mag saying (by saying they are not saying it) that CW might well have ulterior motives. interesting. thx 4 posting.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:49 AM
Aristocracy

SORRY but that article just made me really sick...

Tamar:(
Old 03-27-2006, 02:57 AM
Aristocracy

that article is just an example of what is being said other than what Paris Match and Hello are saying. And YOU is from South Africa. Sick yes, I agree, but it is what is being put out there.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:41 AM
Gentry

can some translate for me.....thanks in advance:)

Nice Rendez-Vous le prince Albert de Monaco dans l'actualité

http://www.nicerendezvous.com/FR/actu-1276.html
Old 03-27-2006, 04:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

I've just had to edit a couple of posts that contained magazine articles copy and pasted in full, along with hotlinked photos. Copying whole articles and hotlinking photos are both against our rules:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f14/trf-posting-rules-guidelines-4920.html

Please make sure that you're familiar with the rules and that your posts are in compliance, or they'll continue to be edited or deleted. We have to comply with US copyright law, however tiresome it may be for people who want to post and read whole articles from magazines.

Elspeth

Monaco moderator
Old 03-27-2006, 06:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiawanika
can some translate for me.....thanks in advance:)

Nice Rendez-Vous le prince Albert de Monaco dans l'actualité

http://www.nicerendezvous.com/FR/actu-1276.html
basically the article is summarizing CWs coming out and mention her remarks about 2 lovers in Turin. Apart from that it is about PAs expedition to the NP. nothing new.

Closed Thread