Charlene Wittstock Current Events 1 : March 2006 - April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"....She is young enough he could control her."

Probably the same thing the British Royal family thought about Diana....

maryellen1539 said:
There have been comments about Charlene's lack of dental care, hair style, body language (sports like vice lady like), her only profession has been swimming and teaching swimming, and lack of moral standards (admitting in the 2001 article that she was still with the prince at 5am) and the photos taken of her this year.

What I haven't read about is anything about her family. I can't help but wonder why didn't they fix her teeth. Why wasn't she taught how to present herself in a lady like fashion? Why wasn't she taught, if she was going to have relationships that you don't publish the fact in a magazine?

Maybe it's because I am older. Mabye it's because I raised by parents who told me to do what I want, but I was never to bring shame and embarrasment back on the family. Maybe it's because I was raised in the U.S where dentists and beauty salons are everywhere. Maybe it's just generational and/or cultural differences. I honestly don't know.

All I know is that this relationship has stumped me. If Albert has been single all these years because he wanted someone who could fill the shoes of mother, why is he now settling for someone that is substandard. Someone who, in my opinion could never fill Grace's shoes.

Earlier there were entries about how much work Albert will have to do with her to make her presentable. Maybe that is it. Maybe he thinks he can shape her into the image he wants. She is young enough he could control her.
Well i am originally from africa and believe me we have dentists and beauty salons everywhere too. I do not know anything about CW's teeth since i have not really seen them but her country has nothing to do with that if she does infact have bad teeth. Financial maybe. But in regard to the other thing, yes i was brought up also to do whatever you want to do as long as you did not bring back shame to the family. So in my family showing public affection with a prince and head of state would have been a no no anybody else ok but not any one of high profile. Also how NC went about with her revelation would have been a no no. My family would have made it clear they do not want to be associated with that kind of publicity. So i guess it just depends on ones up bringing.

Jabilo

I am sorry if I said anything that you took as hurtful. I never meant to upset anyone with my comments.

leahteresa said:
"....She is young enough he could control her."

Probably the same thing the British Royal family thought about Diana....
I guess it must be just me, because I don't consider 28 that young and most 28 year olds are not that easily changed either. Di was still a teenager, CW is at the age where a lot of women get worried if they are not married with children, that they never will be. Her behaviour might not suit her age, but please I was more mature at 16 then this women, so don't attribute whatever she does to her age. She only seems young in comparison with PAs 48. 28 is the age where most of us are finished with their young adult foolisness.

BTW PWilliams GF is younger then CW (and has been dating him for years now, when she was way younger then CW) and you have never seen any pics of this sort of her or read any detailed account of her romance in the press. And I doubt that we ever will.

paca said:
I guess it must be just me, because I don't consider 28 that young and most 28 year olds are not that easily changed either. Di was still a teenager, CW is at the age where a lot of women get worried if they are not married with children, that they never will be. Her behaviour might not suit her age, but please I was more mature at 16 then this women, so don't attribute whatever she does to her age. She only seems young in comparison with PAs 48. 28 is the age where most of us are finished with their young adult foolisness.

BTW PWilliams GF is younger then CW (and has been dating him for years now, when she was way younger then CW) and you have never seen any pics of this sort of her or read any detailed account of her romance in the press. And I doubt that we ever will.

Oh, I definately agree, CW is way older. But, if she dreamed of olympic fame and never acheived it, where else is it going to come from. Olympians are highly competitive people. I cannot imagine devoting so much of my time to any sport. I just don't have the "spirit" I guess.

I think PWilliam's girlfriends is a serious one. THhe British have a whole nother culture going on. If pictures of any women with her mouth on PW's chest (in the nipple area) popped up in the media, as they did with CW and PA. She would be gone the next day. I also think there is an educational difference between the two. Say what you will about the importance of higher education, it is the largest social/economic divider that exhists.

paca said:

I have to agree with paca, 28 isn't that young: your career is well underway, you should be looking to find a more sophisticated persona. In the States, it's about the average age that one does get married. Physical age has nothing to do with it. The intense training that CW did over the years may have stunted her emotional growth. To my mind, she was acting more like a co-ed on spring break than a woman who potentially could be the wife of a hos. I wonder if PA will grow tired of her behaviour and the fact that he looks a little foolish in the eyes of the world? On the achievements page, we talk about how we would like to see him take a role on the European, if not world stage, but certain images are hard to erase. After the Lewinsky scandal broke, Clinton was all but a lame duck. Even if the Palace were to try to rehabilitate CW's appearance to the world the damage is already done.

I wonder how the Monaco citizens feel about her. He seems to be so close to an engagement------I thought at this point there would be unbridled anticipation or dancing in the streets if he ever showed signs of committing to someone .......
His choice of bride can really impact the economy (tourism)
But it seems so quiet . I wonder what the people on the streets think. Surely they saw the Maldives pictures...

I just got an email that says Charlene will be on the cover of May's issue of the France's Vogue but she won't be on the U.S. version. If it's true someone will have to check it out and let us all know what the article says.

maryellen1539 said:
I just got an email that says Charlene will be on the cover of May's issue of the France's Vogue but she won't be on the U.S. version. If it's true someone will have to check it out and let us all know what the article says.

Wasn't there a rumor printed or circulated that Charlene was going to be at the Rose Ball wearing a Chanel gown and Cartier jewelry. As we now know this did not happen. If Charlene is going to be on Vogue (why???), it is defintely the works of someone pulling strings by trying to present her in a more positive and suitable image. Charlene is attractive and I've said from the beginning with the right resources (and photoshop - as most glamour magazines do) she will look beautiful. After the Maldives incident, I would think they would want to keep a low public profile. This would only invite more intense media scrutiny.

jabilo said:
Well i am originally from africa and believe me we have dentists and beauty salons everywhere too. I do not know anything about CW's teeth since i have not really seen them but her country has nothing to do with that if she does infact have bad teeth. Financial maybe. But in regard to the other thing, yes i was brought up also to do whatever you want to do as long as you did not bring back shame to the family. So in my family showing public affection with a prince and head of state would have been a no no anybody else ok but not any one of high profile. Also how NC went about with her revelation would have been a no no. My family would have made it clear they do not want to be associated with that kind of publicity. So i guess it just depends on ones up bringing.

I live in South Africa and must agree that there are plenty of beauty shops, hair dressers and dentists everywhere and quite a few in the Benoni area. (I live in the same area).

IMPO I think that women who are so involved in sport tend not to worry to much about their looks (I know I am generalising so please don't take offense) they are too busy thinking about the next meeting or training session. I think only when they are older and start looking for a husband or partner do they start focussing on their looks more.

So perhaps we will see a more polished Charlene in future.

As for her behaviour I can't comment, I just know that I have been brought up to act modestly and
I certainly wouldn't be hanging all over someone who is so well known particularly in public. Maybe she is just naive and doesn't realise how much attention Prince Albert attracts??!!

Last edited:
If she doesn't realize how much attention he attracts, then why the notice to the photographers. It is apparent she knows the cameras are there and plays to him. Also, someone who thinks Albert (the Head of an entire country and the son of Hollywood star as well as a legally titled Prince) unnoticed would not give a tell-all interview to bolster her own notoriety.

She would also be very stupid. Charlene strikes me as clever and manipulative, but not stupid. None of the women whose names are still associated with Albert's are that.

Its too bad that those who are discreet and lovely either cannot stand up to the media stress and leave Albert before they are 'known' or that the ones who could handle it appropriately are not attractive to Albert in the first place.

Ann

maryellen1539 said:

So what's next ? PA going to turn around and sue Vogue?

maryellen1539 said:

I work in the publishing industry, so I've emailed some sources about this. I'm not doubting you, maryellen1539, but it just seems a bit fantastic to me. If I get any responses I'll post them.

Hi Laura Elizabeth. Like I said it came in an email yesterday. If it turns out to be false, it will be the first time that her sources have been wrong.

maryellen1539 said:
Hi Laura Elizabeth. Like I said it came in an email yesterday. If it turns out to be false, it will be the first time that her sources have been wrong.

Magazine covers and layouts are often shot months in advance. The brouhaha with CW only started in mid-Feb so I'm pretty sure that the content for the cover was already determined last fall. They make arrangements with the designers when the collections come out and that's six months in advance. I'm friendly with the Style Editor for Martha Stewart Living and they shoot the Christmas issue in JULY. There may be a story about her in French Vogue which may make more sense since there can be some flexibility with editorial content which I'm sure her PR person handled that. Besides, I can't see what else CW would have to say after the PM interview; engagement related stories would only come out after an official statement has been made and I don't think they would alert the press so far in advance considering the frenzy two vacations caused.

pinklady1991 said:
Magazine covers and layouts are often shot months in advance. The brouhaha with CW only started in mid-Feb so I'm pretty sure that the content for the cover was already determined last fall. They make arrangements with the designers when the collections come out and that's six months in advance. I'm friendly with the Style Editor for Martha Stewart Living and they shoot the Christmas issue in JULY. There may be a story about her in French Vogue which may make more sense since there can be some flexibility with editorial content which I'm sure her PR person handled that. Besides, I can't see what else CW would have to say after the PM interview; engagement related stories would only come out after an official statement has been made and I don't think they would alert the press so far in advance considering the frenzy two vacations caused.

That was my train of thought this morning, which is why I thought the report sound a bit strange.

What would make sense is if she's shooting in May... but that's just pure speculation.

So far I haven't had a response to my emails - well, one autoresponse; she's on vacation until April 11. Lucky girl! :D

Perhaps we could get off the subject of speculation about the magazine cover and just wait and see if it happens.

The topic is current events, not alleged possible future ones.

Elspeth

Monaco moderator

Well, more or less back to current affairs (though not extremely so).
I found a better version of the Crazy Horse photo in the German Freizeit Revue.

For those who are better at recognizing faces as I am: CW or not?

G.

Attachments

• FR-crop3_mine.JPG
    FR-crop3_mine.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Good question! :confused:
She does look like the pictures on the #106 post.....

Ghislaine said:
Well, more or less back to current affairs (thought not extremely so).
I found a better version of the Crazy Horse photo in the German Freizeit Revue.

For those who are better at recognizing faces as I am: CW or not?

G.
I think it's definately not her.

I think PWilliam's girlfriends is a serious one
imo, i think that his girlfriend is tasteful and knows how to act. which is amazing because of all of the attention she is getting and being young. she has been in a couple of magazines here in the states, just think they are not engaged.

if she dreamed of olympic fame and never acheived it, where else is it going to come from.
imo, maybe she thinks that becoming prince albert's wife will give her some acheivement. but remember princess grace was a movie star in her prime not someone leaving the limelight

lynda.jpg

Foto of Linda Lacoste /clubdofree.fr

I think this is the woman on the crazy horse pic (just lighter coloured hair). I'm sure it is not CW, but not 100% sure it is LL (haven't seen any recent pics of her), but the bonestructure seems more like hers.

Who is Linda Lacoste? I am sure the picture is CW she look some what sad in the face,becourse she did not go to the rose ball lol.....

Is Linda Lacoste married to a friend of PA? Could she be former palace spokeswoman Nadia Lacoste's daughter or daughter in law?

pama said:
Who is Linda Lacoste? I am sure the picture is CW she look some what sad in the face,becourse she did not go to the rose ball lol.....

My German is extrordinarily limited so I'm not sure what the caption says in Ghislaine's post from today.

I did a quick google search and Linda Lacoste is a French actress...she's 38 (dob: Sept. 19, 1966) and currently lives in Paris. (I used the "I'm feeling lucky" option.) I also saw photos of her at some sort of new Pilates machine party in Paris pretty recently and her hair is darker than the girl in the Crazy Horse photos.

Linda Lacoste looks like the woman who was on the boat with PA last year, you know the beer belly pictures. She is pretty. Charlene has so much competition. I wonder how long she's going to last?

Laviollette said:
Linda Lacoste looks like the woman who was on the boat with PA last year, you know the beer belly pictures. She is pretty. Charlene has so much competition. I wonder how long she's going to last?

I had the same thought. I don't think it's an overly romantic relationship though (friends with benefits?). She would have been around pre-Charlene and then to see and read all of that...doesn't make sense.

Linda Lacoste is [SIZE=-1]married to his lawyer (and good friend) Thierry Lacoste[/SIZE]

tamarindi said:
Linda Lacoste is [SIZE=-1]married to his lawyer (and good friend) Thierry Lacoste[/SIZE]

when i read this comment it reminded me of carly simon's 'you're so vain'

Well, I hear you went up to Saratoga
And your horse naturally won
Then you flew your Lear jet up to Nova Scotia
To see the total eclipse of the sun
Well, you're where you should be all the time
And when you're not, you're with
Some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend
Wife of a close friend

maybe some may think i have too much faith in him, but i still think he is going to turn out alright. we need to give it some time. he may not marry, but he will be a good ruler, he did, afterall, have the best of teachers ;)

as bon jovi said keep the faith!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom