The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 06:00 AM
Nobility

Many of you have expressed exactly what I think, but I would like to add another point of view: the conspiracy theory. Could it be that this whole CW-thing is a set up, purposely staged to ... whatever means they have in mind? I'm thinking along the lines of what Pinklady said, annoying and deceiving the press so much and so often that they don't want/dare to publish anything about Albert's 500-something-th girlfriend and that he gets the privacy he claims he wants?
I find this behaviour odd, we never saw anything about his longterm girlfriend (NC) and they kept it up for 5 years or so. And now suddenly it's all very, very public. I admit that it could have been Rainier's influence, but how is this public behaviour consistent with Albert's wish for privacy, for being a very private person. (which is, I believe a direct quote).
PA en CW willingly posed for the press at breakfast at the Olympics. He dragged her along to a public and official (IOC member! - he was on "business" , definitely not private) occassion. As soon as PA en CW were together in public and with their behaviour, you could bet any amount of money that pictures would soon be published. Not to mention the pics from the holiday. I mean, they could have been more discrete, should they have wanted to.

Possibly more to this, just wish I knew what. It's the unanswered questions that keep bugging me. The other possiblity is that CW is a decoy and PA has another girlfriend we don't know of. If he has, I pity her. Must be fun watching your boyfriend carrying on with someone else.

(I left out the odd security issues, like CW attending the IOC meeting, wearing full Monegasque olympic attire, that alone deserves a thread of its own.)

G.

Old 03-25-2006, 07:34 AM
Aristocracy

Monaco's Prince Albert II and companion to sue Paris Match: lawyer
25 March 2006

http://www.haveeru.com.mv/?page=engdetails&id=7067

Old 03-25-2006, 08:12 AM
Gentry

I think the probleme is not the photo paparazzi when there are in the street or at beach. The probleme is the picture in the swimming pool because it was taken in a private place. I don't read the article in Paris Match but I think the probleme of albert is this photo in swimming pool. The paparazzy musn't be in a private place.

I have a new photo of charlene. There from Gala.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Charlene.jpg
Views:	3020
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	234226  
Old 03-25-2006, 08:16 AM
Aristocracy

Charlene needs to wash her hair--they have hair products that can help her... They can really air brush the wrinkles in a posed picture......She loves to pose...

Someone on our forums said it best:

The camera loved Grace Kelly.
Charlene Wittstock loves the camera...
Old 03-25-2006, 08:17 AM
Gentry

In this picture she is pretty I think:)
Old 03-25-2006, 08:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by teense
Charlene needs to wash her hair--they have hair products that can help her... They can really air brush the wrinkles in a posed picture......She loves to pose...

Someone on our forums said it best:

The camera loved Grace Kelly.
Charlene Wittstock loves the camera...
I think she has very straight and thin hair like my sister. It's not easy to make it look like it has more volume Michelle says.

How do you know she loves to pose. Honestly I agree with what Lynda said. She's just in this situation. She seems to be fine with it generally but every situation has disadvantages too.

She looks beautiful to me.

Sorry but some of you Ladies give me a slight feeling that they are just jealous.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilou
I think the probleme is not the photo paparazzi when there are in the street or at beach. The probleme is the picture in the swimming pool because it was taken in a private place. I don't read the article in Paris Match but I think the probleme of albert is this photo in swimming pool. The paparazzy musn't be in a private place.

I have a new photo of charlene. There from Gala.
Wow, in this picture she does look much better, but not the hair. I think Charlene (and perhaps anyone) can look gorgeous with the best dermatologist, hair stylist, makeup artist, clothing stylist, and personal assistants. Only a few of the princesses that most royal watchers admire are natural beauties. The rest were molded into great finished products.

What people should care most about is what are theses princesses like on the inside. But, I guess the heart is not as quite interesting to google over in the magazines on the message boards.

Diana's life is a perfect example of not judging a relationship or marriage by the outside package. Most people did not know the personal turmoil she felt about marrying and then living with Prince Charles. Everyone praised the marriage and Charles's choice as a fairy tale come true. For most people she was just a beautiful product to watch and enjoy. Please read the transcripts of her actual words about the turmoil she experienced. She was quite disturbed and in pain during most of her marriage.

http://www.princess-diana.co.uk/diana-nbc-video.htm

After reading this, I do hope Prince Albert find and marry someone that he truly loves and someone who truly loves him. I hope he doesn't settle for someone because people think it is time for him to get married and produce heir or because she will look good in magazines.

I have a feeling that he has decided to wait for true love. He's been to many royal weddings and he has seen many divorces and probably knows of many unhappy and unfaithful marriages. I think he wants the real thing and he is willing to wait for it.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
I think she has very straight and thin hair like my sister. It's not easy to make it look like it has more volume Michelle says.

How do you know she loves to pose. Honestly I agree with what Lynda said. She's just in this situation. She seems to be fine with it generally but every situation has disadvantages too.

She looks beautiful to me.

Sorry but some of you Ladies give me a slight feeling that they are just jalous.

Please do not think that anytime a woman criticizes another woman she must be jealous. Obviously, there will be women who will be jealous of any woman that Prince Albert dates. But, it is ridiculous to think that anybody who doesn't think Charlene is as beautiful as YOU think that she is that they must be jealous. Women constantly admire and critique other women.

I really believe with the right help (especially dentist and hair colorist & stylist), Charlene will look gorgeous. Nevertheless, I do not think that she is a natural beauty. Trust me; I have seen many. You may find her muscular and rather boyish figure attractive, but the average woman has more curves and breasts (at least fuller ones than Charlene). However, she does have a presence about her - she is tall, thin, blond, and has blue eyes - and in this world that goes a long way. However, it does not matter what we think. Prince Albert has been in the presence of some of the most beautiful women in the world, so he knows and has seen beauty. Obviously, he finds Charlene attractive.

However, it works both ways. Many people critiqued the looks of Nicole, but obviously, Prince Albert thought she was attractive. Did you make any comments that people were only jealous of Nicole if they did not find her attractive? Instead of thinking that women are jealous, it could be that there are features of Charlene (as with Nicole) that just aren't attractive to some people. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Old 03-25-2006, 09:28 AM
Aristocracy

Men can make comments about women, but when women do it they are branded "jealous" by men --interesting.... I resemble Charlotte( petite-long dark hair,fair skin ,blue eyes..) a lot more more than I do CW and I have a husband to love --so I am just stating my opinion -not jealous...
I do think CW likes to pose.What other loser swimmers do glamour shots to be put in magazines? She's never won a medal in the olympics.....
I think CW has a very high self-esteem and she thinks she's all that and a bag of chips--dip on the side...
I can't stand her article--She brags about how her grandfather Nelson Mandela believes she can help the youth (How self -glorifying!!!)
Her grades and education are not important (Hear that kids-- when you have people paying your bills--forget the schooling and the books...)
I have absolutely no doubt that PA will marry her -- for me its like watching a slow motion train wreck that will build up speed and crash in 5 years....
I have relatives who live in Philadelphia (Where Grace lived) .When I asked them about the match with CW They believe that this choice will put Monaco back to where it was before 1954--only worse-because it will be a laughing "stock".... after the pictures on the bleachers at the Olympics, CW articles and pre-honeymoon antics....
Old 03-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Nobility

Regarding Charlene. I want to say that i think she is very pretty and i hope that PA does marry her. But we'll have to wait and see.

As for them suing the magazine. I think in this case they are right. Royalty are not like celebs - they do not court publicity unless its for their charitable work (well for the most part) and the pix were taken while they were holidaying and i feel that they deserve some privacy in that respect.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Royal Highness

It's not just me who has the feeling that a lot of posts here sound like they were made out of jealousy or envy ... my sis is a woman too and expressed something similar - but she can speak for herself when she's back.

I thought about the sueing thing again and I also think they may be right here if it is all about those pool-pix because law is different in France, it supports their arguments!
Old 03-25-2006, 10:24 AM
Nobility

Amina: (bold is mine)
Quote:
As for them suing the magazine. I think in this case they are right. Royalty are not like celebs - they do not court publicity unless its for their charitable work (well for the most part) and the pix were taken while they were holidaying and i feel that they deserve some privacy in that respect.
Royalty are celebs. And they do court publicity, Charles and Diana for example used the media for their own purposes.

G.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:36 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine
Charles and Diana for example used the media for their own purposes.
Every government, company, organisation, charity, president, prime minister, politican, royal, public figure or whatever uses the media for their own purposes.
How else are they supposed to use it? Against themselves?
Old 03-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amina
Regarding Charlene. I want to say that i think she is very pretty and i hope that PA does marry her. But we'll have to wait and see.

So when Charlene did the Paris Match interview, what was the purpose of that interview? What other reason could she possibly have about giving an interview about HERSELF unless she is courting publicity? Why give the interview in the first place if you want your privacy? I really don't understand how they want it both ways. If she hadn't sat down with the reporter and gave an interview about HERSELF, I perhaps could have more sympathy for her about wanting her privacy. How can you turn around DAYS later and sue a magazine for invading your privacy when you invited them in your life?
Old 03-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine
Royalty are celebs. And they do court publicity, Charles and Diana for example used the media for their own purposes.
Welcome, Ghislaine...I noticed that you are a newbie. You have a lovely name!

You are right -- royalty are celebs and CW (while on the C-level) is a celeb and she used PM and other magazines to court publicity shortly after Torino. Albert and his PR woman are aware of this. While the laws in France appear to try to protect public figures from overly aggressive paparazzi, there comes a point where these same public figures have to accept some responsibility for inviting/enticing photographers to chase them. As I said in an earlier post, The Maldives is not a main boulevard in Paris -- the press really had to travel to get there...someone must have tipped them off and there were posed PR shots taken there. While the shots of some of the more private moments seemed to be intrusive, PA & CW should have realized that the press was not going to be satisfied with a staged photo shoot. Yes, they had reason to believe that their vacation should be kept private; however, if they really wanted privacy, don't invite anyone to take any staged PR shots.

To respond to sebastian -- criticism does not always mean jealousy. You have to remember that women are other women's worst critics. After watching so many of PA's failed relationships with women much like Charlene (personality/actions not looks), we still can't believe that he goes for the same type. By definition, stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again yet expecting different results. Beauty "flaws" can be fixed; stupidity is forever. You can teach anything but you can't teach smart -- and I don't mean just book learning, common sense is as Voltaire said, not all that common. Regarding Charlene's looks -- to each his/her own.

I have to agree with teense...marrying Charlene would make Albert a bit of a joke among his peers. She is an athlete who didn't make any preparations for her post-athletic career and her comments to PM were most unfortunate. I also am getting the feeling that an engagement may not be that imminent; as I said before the idea of announcing this law suit doesn't really confirm her status so much as a royal gf as it does a royal mistress. When I read and think of all of this, I don't see Grace Kelly as much as Evita Peron. [ ed ]
Old 03-25-2006, 10:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Every government, company, organisation, charity, president, prime minister, politican, royal, public figure or whatever uses the media for their own purposes.
How else are they supposed to use it? Against themselves?
Right ....

... and as for what my brother said....I will speak for myself:
Some of what has been said on Charlene seemed a bit exaggerated to me.
I just don't think it's fair to attack her over and over again, specially her appearance... I just thought of what this would feel like for me or anyone of us. It's true that Charlene surely enjoys being in the situation she is now in general means but as Seb said there're always moments and things that are bothering. She shouldn't complain, that's right...but only by general means. I think there's nothing to say against the fgact that people express what bothers them ( in Charlene's case the media pressure) Except acting against Paris Match together with Albert she didn't even seem to be complaining.
She looks naturally sweet to me. Just natural ... and that's what I like especially. Now, there are some making comments about her hair, her teeth , her shoulders .... sure you have to live with people watching and judging you when you appear on a famous persons side ... but not this way...over and over again...not only on this board. I think it's just not fair. Did you ever think of the possibility that Albert loves her the way she is. Everyone wants him to find a new Grace Kelly .... this will not happen! Now that he found someone he's having good times with it's not right either...

I think she should be given a chance. She didn't do any harm. She's just being herself... I know this might not be enough for you...tough luck...What's your business in this? Does your life depend on it?
Old 03-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Courtier

Prince Albert and now Charlene should not sue the media for telling the truth.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
She looks naturally sweet to me. Just natural ... and that's what I like especially.
A lot of people have said this about Charlene, she looks sweet. People said this from the first Olympics pictures, even before hearing her mutter a word. I'm not debating her sweetness, but I'm curious. How does one normally ascertain someone's sweetness, especially from a picture? Is it by their mannerism, facial expressions, or perhaps beauty? If you didn't find Charlene attractive, would you still find her sweet?
Old 03-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
I think she should be given a chance. She didn't do any harm. She's just being herself... I know this might not be enough for you...tough luck...What's your business in this? Does your life depend on it?
Actually things are a little more complicated than that: the Grimaldi family is not a private family whose members can just mind their own business; they are a reigning family, so their job, their first duty, is to represent and to please their subjects. That's what they are paid for, their subjects are their employers.
This said, as Monaco is not Russia, or the US, but a small entity that relies mainly on tourism and image to survive, it is (they probably would say unfortunately) the Grimaldis' job to be in the spotlight and scrutinized most of the time; as sad as it might sound, we pay them buying mags, going to Monaco, paying attention to what goes on in a State that's not much different or more important than S. Marino or St. Kitts and Nevis (sp?).
If Charlene is not good enough for us, it just means we (or at least some of us) will stop watching gossip programs, buying mags, and we'll most likely forget Monaco even exists. I know this is a paradox, but what I mean is that, even if I totally agree that strong and offensive criticism must always and at all costs be avoided, it surely is our own business if we like Charlene, if we like Albert etc. cause we basically pay their salary, and if we don't get something we like, we could just stop paying...

Plus, if you remember Paca told us that in Monaco, Albert's reputation has definitely not improved lately, and if a Sovereign cannot "please" his subjects (in the case of Monaco this means fascinate the international public as well, remember the Before-Grace era), in the 21th century, he is completely useless.

Of course, just my honest opinion,

Kisses

BTW, just to clear the air, I'm not in the least attracted by Albert, so my post is completely jealousy-free...maybe if we were talking about Tatiana, a little hint of jealousy might surface , but here, believe me, I'm objective!
Old 03-25-2006, 11:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia
A lot of people have said this about Charlene, she looks sweet. People said this from the first Olympics pictures, even before hearing her mutter a word. I'm not debating her sweetness, but I'm curious. How does one normally ascertain someone's sweetness, especially from a picture? Is it by their mannerism, facial expressions, or perhaps beauty? If you didn't find Charlene attractive, would you still find her sweet?
As I'm a girl I can't say that I'm atracted to her in any way. Yes; I'd still find her swet. I like her smile...she seems kind.
She's a young woman... and with most of all you people she doesn't even seem to have a chance.
She gave that interview to PM and I just can't see anything wrong with it. She was aked to do it and she just responded to some public demand. She talked about herself because they asked her about herself.
That they raenow suing PM ... I can't really see why either.....not really ... but I think they just see the possibility (in France ) to keep things under their control a bit....maybe this is not so correct....but understandable in my opinion.

By the way... the majority of the european media seems to like the idea of having her on Alberts side.