The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 07:57 AM
Nobility

Talking

I just think it shows he does recognize his american ancestry.

Old 03-24-2006, 07:59 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
I hope she's going to be there tomorrow - with all the family ! :)
I have a feeling she will attend. She seems to be his current girlfriend. So it is just normal. That does not necessarily mean marriage like a lot of people have been saying that if she attends then it means its serious. He has taken other women in the past.

Old 03-24-2006, 08:02 AM
Nobility

Red face

I know that everyone would like to see albert married but maybe he doesn't want to marry. I mean why should he get married? He doesn't have to have heirs ranier fixed that when he made caroline and the rest eligible to head monaco. He has certainly shown he can get companionship with no problem. Some how I think if he really wanted to marry he would have done it by
now.

And as some one to help him with his duties and running monaco he has caroline and stephanie. It would probably be easier to stay single than to bring a wife in and complicate who does what .
Old 03-24-2006, 08:03 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by seto
I just think it shows he does recognize his american ancestry.
Yes and he has always done that. I think its great. He is a head of state and not even a US citizen something his mother had to give up too when she married Ranier, but he loves to wear things like ties etc which shows the states is a part of him.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:10 AM
Gentry

Quote:
I know that everyone would like to see albert married but maybe he doesn't want to marry. I mean why should he get married? He doesn't have to have heirs ranier fixed that when he made caroline and the rest eligible to head monaco. He has certainly shown he can get companionship with no problem. Some how I think if he really wanted to marry he would have done it by now.
Totally agree, the guy has no intentions of marrying. And i think its ok. Like you said, Ranier fixed that. Maybe albert even told him that he didn't think marriage was for him and that is what made him change the constitition. If PA wanted to marry, he could have done it along time ago. Well that is just my opinion. I don't think he wanted kids either. That is why he is so pissed about NC. But that is just my opinion.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Royal Highness

As far as I know Albert never took a girl to either the Red Cross or the Rose Ball. There were girls there he knows and is friends with - but he never really took one girl there officially.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabilo
...He is a head of state and not even a US citizen something his mother had to give up too when she married Ranier, ...
Did Princess Grace renounce her American citizenship? Was that a requirement when she married Prince Rainier?
Old 03-24-2006, 09:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
As far as I know Albert never took a girl to either the Red Cross or the Rose Ball. There were girls there he knows and is friends with - but he never really took one girl there officially.
Tasha who is supposed to be one of his ex's was there with him, though she was there responsible for the tombola. I have my doubts though tha he is bringing her, since that would bring the journalists of the MC matin in quite a delicate position. So far they didn't mention her and probably did not intend to until an official statement has been issued. While Caro was dating Vincent lindon, he wasn't attending for a long time and when he finally did, he wasn't seated at her table, although everyone knew that the were together. Also people there (lots of them important officials from MC) would not know how to behave towards her. She would be there as his GF and not in any function that would take the edge away from it. So I think it would be another awkwardness in this whole matter, if he would take her along before letting people know what she is for him.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

He took Mary to the 1986 Red Cross Ball. I say he will be very happily married by the end of the year. Have faith he is a man with a heart that needs to be as satisfied as the rest of him and all of you.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I know that everyone would like to see albert married but maybe he doesn't want to marry. I mean why should he get married? He doesn't have to have heirs ranier fixed that when he made caroline and the rest eligible to head monaco. He has certainly shown he can get companionship with no problem. Some how I think if he really wanted to marry he would have done it by
now.

And as some one to help him with his duties and running monaco he has caroline and stephanie. It would probably be easier to stay single than to bring a wife in and complicate who does what .
I think a psycologist would have a field day analising Albert...I know I would. I wonder why he has not commited-of course he has every right to choose not to but it would be interesting to know
Old 03-24-2006, 10:38 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil princess lost
I think a psycologist would have a field day analising Albert...I know I would. I wonder why he has not commited-of course he has every right to choose not to but it would be interesting to know
I think a psychologist would have a field day analyzing the heads of everyone on this board that is obsessed with Albert getting married.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7060a
Did Princess Grace renounce her American citizenship? Was that a requirement when she married Prince Rainier?
no, she didn't have to. in fact for a while everyone in the family had an american passport but something about taxes made them renounce them and just keep their monegasque passports.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Aristocracy

Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock will sue Paris Match

Albert de Monaco et Charlene Wittstock vont assigner Paris Match

"MONACO (AFP) - Le prince Albert II de Monaco et la nageuse sud-africaine Charlene Wikttstock vont assigner Hachette Filipacchi Associés (société éditrice de l'hebdomadaire Paris Match), a déclaré vendredi à l'AFP Me Thierry Lacoste, avocat de la famille Grimaldi.
"Au nom du prince et de Charlene Wittstock, je vais assigner la société éditrice de Paris Match en dommages et intérêts pour atteinte à la vie privée et atteinte au droit à l'image", a déclaré Me Lacoste joint par téléphone"
http://fr.news.yahoo.com/24032006/20...ris-match.html

google translation:

http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

Tamar
Old 03-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarindi
Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock will sue Paris Match

Albert de Monaco et Charlene Wittstock vont assigner Paris Match

"MONACO (AFP) - Le prince Albert II de Monaco et la nageuse sud-africaine Charlene Wikttstock vont assigner Hachette Filipacchi Associés (société éditrice de l'hebdomadaire Paris Match), a déclaré vendredi à l'AFP Me Thierry Lacoste, avocat de la famille Grimaldi.
"Au nom du prince et de Charlene Wittstock, je vais assigner la société éditrice de Paris Match en dommages et intérêts pour atteinte à la vie privée et atteinte au droit à l'image", a déclaré Me Lacoste joint par téléphone"
http://fr.news.yahoo.com/24032006/20...ris-match.html
Are you kidding me??????????????? This just seems a little weird to me...first CW is kissing up to PM and now she & PA are suing them???????? AGAIN? You can't have it both ways... Are they suing Gala, Point de Vue, and all the Italian and Spanish magazines that published photos and called their trip a "honeymoon?" It's a little late now to try to protect CW's image and their privacy after Torino and all the PR pieces... I don't get it...
Old 03-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
Are you kidding me??????????????? This just seems a little weird to me...first CW is kissing up to PM and now she & PA are suing them???????? AGAIN? You can't have it both ways... Are they suing Gala, Point de Vue, and all the Italian and Spanish magazines that published photos and called their trip a "honeymoon?" It's a little late now to try to protect CW's image and their privacy after Torino and all the PR pieces... I don't get it...
I know what you mean.... I still don't know whether to laugh or to cry
Old 03-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarindi
I know what you mean.... I still don't know whether to laugh or to cry
To be honest I don't really understand it neither. They should be more open and I always thought it is right that they can't have it just the way they want it and control it. At some points they step out into the public and then again they're not willing to take things as they go on.
It's the same thing I was talking about here!

Wouaa, I find myself critizising this family - but I've been discussing this issue with my sister several times - we always come to the same conclusion.
Either there's some point behind it I don't understand or we're wrong.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Courtier

PA really wants the press to respect his privacy (pause for chuckles).

But by attaching Charlene to the suit, he is giving her more status, which is just making the tongue (and mouse) wagging worse.

Ann
Old 03-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantednights
no, she didn't have to. in fact for a while everyone in the family had an american passport but something about taxes made them renounce them and just keep their monegasque passports.
All American citizens living in MC have to pay tax to the US.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
I don't understand this frenzied behaviour of theirs either...
Once I read some speculations about the Principality of Monaco owing some 20% shares of the Rizzoli-Corriere Della Sera media group. If this is true, are they going to sue their own media?
Old 03-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Courtier

They might have bought an interest in the media group in hopes of controlling the content.

William Randolph Hearst built his empire that way.

Ann

Closed Thread