Andrea Casiraghi Current Events Part 12 : May 2007 - Jan.2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in Paris and pictures of him have already surfaced! I can see why he went off to New York :mellow:
As a side note he is looking much better and healthier! :clap:

Tatiana - i wonder will she one day be his bride
both the casiraghi boys seem a bit too ethnic for my liking what is it with the long hair, guant expression and smoking what appears not tobacco?

I hope Tatiana becomes his bride some day. They're a cute couple and they look like they'll last. A long lasting marriage will look very favorably upon the Grimaldis!

Eh, Pierre's skinny but healthy; it's just his build. Andrea often looks gaunt but the time spent in NYC is doing a lot of good to him. He's looking great.

Great pics! It's been said that owning and caring for a dog together is the first step toward how you'll do as parents.....

sounds like i'm the only one who does not find him good, healthy....his body is still ill-like to me :ohmy:....he is so skinny...Andrea for god sake: EAT..stop smoking and eat...:rolleyes:...in pierre's case, it's normal because it's his natural shape..he has always been skinny, but not andrea...he used to have more flesh...those pics are awful to me...A-W-F-U-L

usually, i love the all "homeless" look a la johnny depp and pierre casiraghi... besides, the dirty look is in general skilfully prepared but in andrea's case i don't have that feeling...you know...i dread him to be REALLY dirty and it freaks me out...( i know i know, i don't know him and i cannot claim such things...)

i hope i'm mistaken

it's just me or tatiana's hairs seems shorter? anyway short or long..it doesn't suit her at all...:ermm:

i miss the time he was with caroline von stauffenberg...he seemed so healthy...and so freakin' beautiful....:wub: :wub: :wub:

Last edited:
Psychoduck, I am kind of relieved you wrote that post, for I didn't think Andrea looked any better than usual but I mistrusted my perception since everybody else who commented found him to look so much healthier. I was surprised when I clicked on the pictures because to me it was the same Andrea who needs to take better care of himself. I actually couldn't access all the pictures, but found the first one unusual as the puppy seems to serve as the breed of dog (german shepherd?) blind people use for guidance and assistance: I mean, with Andrea in dark glasses and the dog kind of leading him. Tatiana looked like a normal girl her age, (better than in most dressed-up occasions) which always amazes me in the sense that how can she look so healthy compared to Andrea ? I guess I expect more parity between young people dating. It's just kind of odd to me.

Psychoduck, I am kind of relieved you wrote that post, for I didn't think Andrea looked any better than usual but I mistrusted my perception since everybody else who commented found him to look so much healthier. I was surprised when I clicked on the pictures because to me it was the same Andrea who needs to take better care of himself. I actually couldn't access all the pictures, but found the first one unusual as the puppy seems to serve as the breed of dog (german shepherd?) blind people use for guidance and assistance: I mean, with Andrea in dark glasses and the dog kind of leading him. Tatiana looked like a normal girl her age, (better than in most dressed-up occasions) which always amazes me in the sense that how can she look so healthy compared to Andrea ? I guess I expect more parity between young people dating. It's just kind of odd to me.

The dog is a French Bull Dog, maybe a few months old (not quite a puppy). Tatiana's hair may be stuck in her scarf/coat collar, but if she's cut it, it may take time to get used to. :rolleyes:

Another photo of Andrea

Picture

The girls are Josefine La Baume (I think) and Harley Viera-Newton (I think she's cousin of the Dellals)

Thanks Juliette! Yeah that is Harley (on right) and in the center Josephine de la Baume. Maybe the event was a concert in November, in NYC.

RADKER18 said:
Thank you for posting these pics. Are you sure this dog is a French bulldog? I have a doubt about it. I will not say he looks excellent, but I must say he does look better. He still needs to gain much weight before he will look normal, but his color is much improved. He is still dressing in his usual rather shabby way, but I guess that's just Andrea being Andrea. ;) Maybe he was just in Paris for the Christmas holidays. I wonder why the family never seems to go to Lamu anymore. Maybe they sold that place?

I'm glad to hear that a few other people don't think he looks great, either -- I thought I was just getting too picky. He's way too thin and messy. The boy needs to stop smoking, start eating, remove all excess hair, and put in some serious weightlifting time at the gym.

I'm kind of rooting for him to dump Tatiana and find someone a little more wholesome looking. When I see pictures of the two of them together, all I can think is that they look like the 21st century version of Edward VIII and Mrs. Simpson.

I don't know. It sometimes bothers me too how shabby some of the young royals dress but now, increasingly, I am coming to feel that it is actually nice that they are dressing how they want to dress instead of trying to fit into a cookie cutter image of a chic young royal. Even if they look badly, as long as they are comfortable, what should be the problem? I mean, he's just walking their dog. :D Who would he dress up for? The paparazzi? I think he would never do anything for their sake. :lol: He might even be living under some delusion that the scruffy look can hide him. Who knows....:rolleyes:

Princess Caroline of Monaco's son, Andrea Casiraghi, seems looking for his first house in Saint-Remy-de-Provence, southern France, on December 27, 2007.

Gallery

His hair looks absolutely terrible. It reminds me of Tim Burton.

Bizarrely, in those last pics, he looks like a cross between Tim Burton and Karl Lagerfeld. Weird. I think Caroline still owns the old farmhouse there, doesn't she?

I wouldn't think that he'd have to look at postings - I would imagine that family financial managers would have the inside scoop on what property is coming to market (whether it's announced, or not), and they would be given the opportunity to view it and purchase it - or not. I can't imagine he's, seriously, looking - on his own - for an apartment, or house. Regarding his hair, I hope it was just a gust of wind.....

Maybe he was just looking at the postings and just seeing whats on the market.

I find some of the comments on here ridiculous & speculative. "looks like he has cancer", "anorexic", "eat" ... Nobody has the right to throw around words like that. Some guys are naturally very thin, my Brother is 25 & the exact same - he's super fit, eats all the time but just really thin - Andrea & Pierre are the exact same - their Father was also thin. He doesn't look any different to the hundreds of other guys you see in Paris, London, Stockholm, Milan, Amsterdam etc or many celebs [orlando, jude, zac efron, chace crawford etc]... He just has a typical male high fashion model physique - tall & thin. He's not in America! the whole jock, meathead, muscle body isn't really very European & most Euro guys don't strive for that - they'd rather just be athletic & lean I guess. Someone said he needs to go to the gym - why? If he's happy with his weight / body then why should he go to the gym? To please people on this board?!! In the summer pics his body looks fine - his upper body is pretty good actually. So people, before you throw around words like 'anorexic', 'cancer' etc.. just remember that's someones identity you're picking at. If he's happy being thin then so be it, millions of male & females are & being thin doesn't mean unhealthy. Remember, only judge a person once you've walked a mile in their shoes!

Well, actually lucianap, in many of the pictures, he IS in America, living in New York!:)

I appreciate what you're saying about Andrea's look being more Euro than American, but to my eyes, he doesn't just look thin, he looks unhealthy -- sort of the male version of the "heroin chic" look Kate Moss and other female models have. (And, I DO NOT mean to imply that Andrea is taking heroin or anything else, I'm just referring to the name of the "look!")

Stefano was slender, but I don't recall ever seeing pictures of him looking quite as gaunt as Andrea. On his mother's side, Prince Albert was tall and thin as a young man, but he was always more muscular than Andrea. Rainier was never "thin" from what I can recall. And the Kelly men were all tall, slender, athletic, and solid -- some of the pictures of Grace's brother and father in swim suits look like they had almost *perfect* bodies to me.;)

But, maybe it's a matter of taste. Sometimes I see pictures of Prince Harry and he looks so thin to me, I just laugh -- American guys that age just don't look like that. (And we like 'em that way!):flowers:

Also keep in mind people don't always look in person as they look in pictures...I think the Casiraghi boys are both quite thin but also quite fit and hopefully healthy. Most rich French guys look like that anyway.

I agree with comments in the difference between what American men look like, physically, and European men - in America we range from overweight to thin. I don't think there is one "look" that men have here, there is a range - sometimes depending upon where you live in the country (states known for a more outdoor lifestyle tend to have more fit people; middle of the country tends to be fatter). In Europe there seems to be trendy looks that a lot of men seem to adopt, universally - right now, that look (to us Americans) is quite thin for men. I think Andrea is a trendy guy, and right now, he's trending toward a more thin frame - we've all seen him looking more fit and healthier, but I think he's just keeping up w/a certain trend going on there in Europe at the moment. As long as he's clean shaven, I like his look!

I forgot to wish all a Happy New Year:eek:, but now I'll say it. We know the last few years, Andrea and Tatiana:wub: have been spending it in Brazil, but does anyone know what they did this year - I guess we'll wait for pictures.:D

I find some of the comments on here ridiculous & speculative. "looks like he has cancer", "anorexic", "eat" ... Nobody has the right to throw around words like that. Some guys are naturally very thin, my Brother is 25 & the exact same - he's super fit, eats all the time but just really thin - Andrea & Pierre are the exact same - their Father was also thin. He doesn't look any different to the hundreds of other guys you see in Paris, London, Stockholm, Milan, Amsterdam etc or many celebs [orlando, jude, zac efron, chace crawford etc]... He just has a typical male high fashion model physique - tall & thin. He's not in America! the whole jock, meathead, muscle body isn't really very European & most Euro guys don't strive for that - they'd rather just be athletic & lean I guess. Someone said he needs to go to the gym - why? If he's happy with his weight / body then why should he go to the gym? To please people on this board?!! In the summer pics his body looks fine - his upper body is pretty good actually. So people, before you throw around words like 'anorexic', 'cancer' etc.. just remember that's someones identity you're picking at. If he's happy being thin then so be it, millions of male & females are & being thin doesn't mean unhealthy. Remember, only judge a person once you've walked a mile in their shoes!

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. To me, Andrea has gone beyond the realm of healthy slimness. But I won't speculate if he has an illness or any other problem. It's nothing to do with American vs European ideal. He just doesn't look healthy.

Also keep in mind people don't always look in person as they look in pictures...I think the Casiraghi boys are both quite thin but also quite fit and hopefully healthy. Most rich French guys look like that anyway.

I hope so, too. But, also keep in mind that people look heavier in pictures than they do in person. Remember the old saying, "The camera adds 10 pounds?"

I hope so, too. But, also keep in mind that people look heavier in pictures than they do in person. Remember the old saying, "The camera adds 10 pounds?"

I've been told they look way less thin in person...I was surprised cause, as you said, I know the camera adds pounds, but in this case I've ben told both Andrea and Pierre look taller and better built (shoulders and all) in person.

BTW, I think there is a fine line between saying someone is too thin, which I find totally acceptable, and saying he/she is unhealthy, or ill, which in my opinion should be avoided, especially when we don't know these people personally!

I agree with comments in the difference between what American men look like, physically, and European men - in America we range from overweight to thin. I don't think there is one "look" that men have here, there is a range - sometimes depending upon where you live in the country (states known for a more outdoor lifestyle tend to have more fit people; middle of the country tends to be fatter). In Europe there seems to be trendy looks that a lot of men seem to adopt, universally - right now, that look (to us Americans) is quite thin for men. I think Andrea is a trendy guy, and right now, he's trending toward a more thin frame - we've all seen him looking more fit and healthier, but I think he's just keeping up w/a certain trend going on there in Europe at the moment. As long as he's clean shaven, I like his look!

I'm all for clean cut/clean shaven, too! That's way more important for me than thin/fit/fat. Andrea has such a handsome face, it's a shame when he hides it with hair!

(And yes, the styles definitely are definitely different between American and European men. I remember sitting in a London hotel a few years ago looking at a bunch of business men walking through the lobby and being amazed at how different the cut of the men's suits was. American men have a looser, boxier cut, while the British men were wearing a more tapered jacket and slacks that were more "form fitting" around the butt.)

Andrea seems to go for the flowing, dramatic oversized clothes a lot. For instance, I remember seeing pictures of him and Pierre on vacation in loose white outfits this summer that looked like a cross between karate suits and pajamas. He seems to like wearing flowing scarves and long, layered jackets a lot, too.

This isn't a look too many American guys his age would go for, unless they were into the arts.

"Well, actually lucianap, in many of the pictures, he IS in America, living in New York!"

So what! He's European. Just b/c he's in N.Y doesn't mean he turns American! I'm pretty sure that 99% of the people he associates with in N.Y are European.

"Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion"

I agree but saying someone is "anorexic" is basically saying someone is suffering from a serious mental illness - thats what anorexia is ... & saying someone looks like they have "cancer" is disgusting & an insult to all the people in the world who tragically ARE actually battling with cancer.

I grew up in Europe & N.Y.C & the difference between Euro guys & American guys is huge - fashion, attitude, lifestyle - all very different - of course the U.S is a huge country & you can't stereotype but for the most part they're very different. European guys are way ahead when it comes to fashion but I think thats just representative of Europe in general - we don't have such rigid fashion codes here - we love individuality, anything goes.

HAHAHAHA - yes, can you imagine "cowboys" from Texas going for tailored suits and manicures/metrosexual look?! In NYC, it's so great because you can have the cowboy, the true NY-er, and the international set on the street together, and no one cares! That's why living there may be a safe haven for Andrea because he can be whatever weight he's comfortable with, dress however he likes (floppy hat, unshaven, etc), and no one cares! He's just another NY-er on the street ... at least to those that don't know who he is.... media that follow the sociliates have already found him, but for the most part, I'll bet he's left alone when he's just out grabbing a coffee.

BTW, I think there is a fine line between saying someone is too thin, which I find totally acceptable, and saying he/she is unhealthy, or ill, which in my opinion should be avoided, especially when we don't know these people personally!

Agree! I feel that Andrea looks very thin but not diseased in anyway. Most of the time his face looks washed out, but I think that is owing to the camera. Without makeup, many people looked washed out in pictures. I bet in person his coloring is loads better than what it appears in the pictures we are seeing.
Also, consider the difference of the magazine picture and the press agency picture. The magazine picture will have finishing touches added to make it look high quality. The agency picture with the watermark/pre-sale is "as is". It's no coincidence, therefore, that the magazine pictures of Andrea always look better than the source pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom