The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Nobility

Ok I was reading the new HOLA magazine where they were taking about the gala that Andrea and Tatiana attended a couple a weeks ago and they said that the dress was designed by Bill Blass.

Old 05-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Nobility

More of Cannes first "Marie Antoinette"
(getty, profimedia)

Old 05-26-2006, 12:43 PM
Nobility

He looks so much better now. Plus I love how tatiana had her hair at cannes.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydura0717
He looks so much better now. Plus I love how tatiana had her hair at cannes.
haha yeah like i said in a previous comment, she must be reading these boards because she finally did something with it! even if she just straightened it.

<removed responce to displaced post-tbhrc>

does anyone else get the impression that lately or at least in the really hot pics of him with Tati she seems more into him than him into her? it's just not the same feeling i used to get anymore.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Nobility

^i wish.......i think they are both eaqually into eachother...i feel they have become eachothers bestfriend.....he brings her everywhere with him, there always side by side hanging out alone which tells me they don't need to be in the company of other people and the two of them alone are enough....

but, this is just what i think....it sucks, i know

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisgarrel
^i wish.......i think they are both eaqually into eachother...i feel they have become eachothers bestfriend.....he brings her everywhere with him, there always side by side hanging out alone which tells me they don't need to be in the company of other people and the two of them alone are enough....

but, this is just what i think
hmm i used to get that same vibe but now it's just different i don't know. i was like meticulously looking at the pictures, not just because of how beautiful he looks but because it seemed different. i mean the connection is still there but *shrugs* it didn't feel the same. well he always takes his girlfriends everywhere with him, but this one seems to be the most long lasting yet. good for him he's maturing. pierre on the other hand has a new one each day. oh sigh boys.

i wonder if they'll be in ibiza this year again.

i did get that vibe u got when looking at the pics of them walking in paris that he wasn't into her anymore...but now with the new batch of images i stand corrected

i think they will be in ibiza this year..but i wonder if pierre will join them with his new gal since tati is friends with pierre's girlfriend

isn't this around the time they go to rome?

from cannes....u can really see how relaxed he is about posing for the press
source: brunopress
Old 05-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Nobility

that cig looks so long! and yes he does seem to have found a balance with them.

the paris pics also gave me a weird feeling but she always tends to walk behind him..i just never understood why but she just does.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Nobility

Great pics enchantednights ! I love them !
Tatian was absolutly georgous at Cannes and Andrea very smart !!
Thanks !:)
Old 05-26-2006, 02:41 PM
Nobility

source: deadline press
Old 05-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Nobility

source: brunopress
Old 05-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantednights
that cig looks so long! and yes he does seem to have found a balance with them.

the paris pics also gave me a weird feeling but she always tends to walk behind him..i just never understood why but she just does.
I think, very wisely, she is not trying to be the center of attention. He is the "celebrity," the royal, she is just his girlfriend - the focus is not and should not be on her (especially at this event). Unlike other girlfiends of Prince Albert, or either Andrea or Pierre, Tatiana is not trying to make all this about her. She seems to just be enjoying being in his company, enjoying being a part of something - Cannes - events she may not have been attending if not for her relationship with him. I think if she jumped in front of him, smiling, every time a camera showed up, she wouldn't be around long.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Gentry

I think the fact that she often stays/walks a bit behind him, shows that she respects his higher position and is not with him because she wants to be in the spotlight. since he is kind of a prince but because she loves him as a person. She does it on purpose and I like that, I think that in her place I would be doing somthing similar.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwroble
I think the fact that she often stays/walks a bit behind him, shows that she respects his higher position and is not with him because she wants to be in the spotlight. since he is kind of a prince but because she loves him as a person. She does it on purpose and I like that, I think that in her place I would be doing somthing similar.
i think it shows weakness. a relationship should eb equal, 50/50 or not at all at least to me. if i were with him, i would be walking side by side to him. even kate middleton walks next to wills when they're together and he's going to be king of england!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal
I think, very wisely, she is not trying to be the center of attention. He is the "celebrity," the royal, she is just his girlfriend - the focus is not and should not be on her (especially at this event). Unlike other girlfiends of Prince Albert, or either Andrea or Pierre, Tatiana is not trying to make all this about her. She seems to just be enjoying being in his company, enjoying being a part of something - Cannes - events she may not have been attending if not for her relationship with him. I think if she jumped in front of him, smiling, every time a camera showed up, she wouldn't be around long.
well not jump in front of him, but be next to him. she's always like 3 steps behind him.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Commoner

=/ not to say she should jump in front of Andrea to get the spotlight, but rather like "beside" him. By staying behind she is getting more attention, it's like what's wrong with her always like Andrea's guard dog, or pet (she lgives me the impression of extra baggage or an inept person who can't stand side by side with a person, regardless whether they are loyalty or not, she is an heiress too, it's not like she has nothing). Tati just look so much like a prop or a firefly attracted to light and worships it. (but hey she chose to be in that situation and maybe she makes Andrea happy, however, like others notice it's a one way love from this point of view not 50/50 maybe 75/25 or 60/40)
Old 05-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwroble
I think the fact that she often stays/walks a bit behind him, shows that she respects his higher position
Are you kidding?! If that line of thinking would be strictly followed, one should conclude that she is with him because of his position, and not because he is another human being she happens to love. I mean, come on, she is not his assistant!

And as for respecting his higher position.....perhaps at an official function where he is playing an official role...Then maybe. But when he is his own scruffy self, unshaven, smoking, in baggy jeans an t-shirt, incognito, on the streets of Paris minding his own personal business, she is walking behind him <out of respect for his position>????

This doesn't make any sense. With all due respect, Andrea may stem from a pretty ancient European tribe, but we're not talking Saoudi Arabian royalty here. We're talking about a guy from a culture where the life partner is regarded as equal, at least when walking on the street is concerned!

I think she's behind maybe because either he's just faster what with his long legs, or she is wearing stilleto heels and has trouble walking on them..
Old 05-26-2006, 07:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
Are you kidding?! If that line of thinking would be strictly followed, one should conclude that she is with him because of his position, and not because he is another human being she happens to love. I mean, come on, she is not his assistant!

And as for respecting his higher position.....perhaps at an official function where he is playing an official role...Then maybe. But when he is his own scruffy self, unshaven, smoking, in baggy jeans an t-shirt, incognito, on the streets of Paris minding his own personal business, she is walking behind him <out of respect for his position>????

This doesn't make any sense. With all due respect, Andrea may stem from a pretty ancient European tribe, but we're not talking Saoudi Arabian royalty here. We're talking about a guy from a culture where the life partner is regarded as equal, at least when walking on the street is concerned!

I think she's behind maybe because either he's just faster what with his long legs, or she is wearing stilleto heels and has trouble walking on them..
it has always seemed ridiculous to me that she walks behind him. and she's around 5'9''-10'' so i know she has long legs and she is ALWAYS wearing flats so stiletto's are not a problem. i just think it is so absurd because she should be his equal, even when walking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveless
=/ not to say she should jump in front of Andrea to get the spotlight, but rather like "beside" him. By staying behind she is getting more attention, it's like what's wrong with her always like Andrea's guard dog, or pet (she lgives me the impression of extra baggage or an inept person who can't stand side by side with a person, regardless whether they are loyalty or not, she is an heiress too, it's not like she has nothing). Tati just look so much like a prop or a firefly attracted to light and worships it. (but hey she chose to be in that situation and maybe she makes Andrea happy, however, like others notice it's a one way love from this point of view not 50/50 maybe 75/25 or 60/40)
yeah not everyone has the 50/50 concept but i hear that in europe such relationships tend to not be so equal. this came from two of my friends that live in europe.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantednights
yeah not everyone has the 50/50 concept but i hear that in europe such relationships tend to not be so equal. this came from two of my friends that live in europe.
I'm from Europe actually and all I know is, when it comes to something as simple like walking down the street, believe me women are front and center! Men like it that way, at least, the countries on that continent I grew up in and have lived in, do.

What I'm thinking though is, maybe it's as simple as this: sometimes when my love and I are going to an event or something, or a dinner or whatever and I don't really feel like it, I notice I kind of tend to drag my feet sometimes and am really slow when he's not! And other times, when we're going somewhere and I really want to be there, I walk way way faster than he does, LOL!

Maybe it's just that: Tatiana drags behind because she'd really rather be on the couch at home with a bag of popcorn--or relax behind the computer reading our venerable Forum
Old 05-26-2006, 07:57 PM
Courtier

In my opinion you are reading a little too much into this "habit"; maybe Tatiana is just a little intimidated by the crowd, and photographers, and not being used to being recognised and watched in the streets tends to stay behind not to be the focus of attention...I wouldn't try to judge their whole relationship on this attitude.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
In my opinion you are reading a little too much into this "habit"; maybe Tatiana is just a little intimidated by the crowd, and photographers, and not being used to being recognised and watched in the streets tends to stay behind not to be the focus of attention...I wouldn't try to judge their whole relationship on this attitude.
I agree. That seems the most likely explanation. All born members of the Grimaldi clan (I mean the descendants of the late 'Patron', Rainier) grew up living in a fish bowl, as they say: with every step of their life being watched by people, and paparazzi. Andrea, therefore, must be used to it by now (or does one ever?!)
whereas for anyone dating him, you are quite right, that must be intimidating and downright daunting, hence the "walking three steps behind" result sometimes.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:54 AM
Nobility

Andrea and tatiana at dolce & Gabana party in cannes.05/26/06
(wireimage)

Old 05-27-2006, 06:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina8675
Andrea and tatiana at dolce & Gabana party in cannes.05/26/06
(wireimage)
They look really cool there.... ( merci Nina )

...and girls , imo you a little too much into everything :) ...