The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 06:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantednights
yeah it's okay not to look perfect and i guess it all comes down to whether you feel comfortable. because if you do then you can carry yourself well and with elegance.

nix what i said about the hair. i take it back. the lipstick just doesn't go with the dress either. red with shades of metallic blue/silver eh..but she seems to be fond of that color for her lips.
i think it's hard for tati and anyone who has naturally curly hair to keep it straight..because with my hair the bottom part gets curly again after about 10 min .... it makes a candy curl like tati's

Old 05-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisgarrel
i think it's hard for tati and anyone who has naturally curly hair to keep it straight..because with my hair the bottom part gets curly again after about 10 min .... it makes a candy curl like tati's
yeah i know what you mean because it happens to me as well. though surprisingly last saturday i had it straight all night. i was pretty amazed. mine used to be so straight though when i was younger.

Old 05-24-2006, 08:09 PM
Commoner

I don't like Andrea's glasses.
I hope that he did not wear those because he was in Cannes. :p
Old 05-24-2006, 08:21 PM
Nobility

i'm on the fence with the eye wear..andrea has his own boho style ..

i can't wait to see more pics of them other canne events...i wonder if they will go to the Amfar party
Old 05-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Serene Highness

They both look nice! I like Tati's dress. She does seem skinnier doesnt she?

I'm glad Andrea and gradually making more public appearances and getting compfortable with the camera. I feel like a few years ago he wouldnt have wanted to come to an event like this. Maybe his mom and uncle are grooming him for public life.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
Bild/ S.Bauer

Andrea and Tatiana at the Maxim's in Paris. The attended a party of Princess Maria-Theresia of Thurn und Taxis.
I'll be brutally honest here, if I may

For people in their early twenties, these two don't exactly display any originality or independence when it comes to doing things their parents wouldn't have done at that age.

What I mean is: they're twenty-something, a time to experiment, to find out who you are, and what do they do: they hang out with their elite-friends, friends their parents would surely approve of. And then, at Maxim's of all places! That's where Caroline, Stephanie and even Grace used to hang out in the old days! How boring to follow on the same old beaten path as your parents at that stage in life!

As boring as I've always deemed William of England, at least he chose among his friends (not to mention his girl friend!) some people who don't typically stem from the upper echelons of Euro-elites.

Andrea, you look like a boho wannabe, but please, follow up and live like one! Even if it's just for one year: Stuff the trust fund, go work at the copy store on the corner and rent a studio off of your own dime in a bad part of Paris! Or, take a one way to Costa Rica, live on the beach and hang out with the surfer community there for a bit. Take a surfboard, a bag of rice, and leave the gold card at your mom's. Trust me: a bag of rice will go a long long way. And Maxim's...and the elitist friends: trust me there, too, they'll be there when you decide to come back.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
I'll be brutally honest here, if I may

For people in their early twenties, these two don't exactly display any originality or independence when it comes to doing things their parents wouldn't have done at that age.

What I mean is: they're twenty-something, a time to experiment, to find out who you are, and what do they do: they hang out with their elite-friends, friends their parents would surely approve of. And then, at Maxim's of all places! That's where Caroline, Stephanie and even Grace used to hang out in the old days! How boring to follow on the same old beaten path as your parents at that stage in life!

As boring as I've always deemed William of England, at least he chose among his friends (not to mention his girl friend!) some people who don't typically stem from the upper echelons of Euro-elites.

Andrea, you look like a boho wannabe, but please, follow up and live like one! Even if it's just for one year: Stuff the trust fund, go work at the copy store on the corner and rent a studio off of your own dime in a bad part of Paris! Or, take a one way to Costa Rica, live on the beach and hang out with the surfer community there for a bit. Take a surfboard, a bag of rice, and leave the gold card at your mom's. Trust me: a bag of rice will go a long long way. And Maxim's...and the elitist friends: trust me there, too, they'll be there when you decide to come back.
AHAH, it's really funny how these people can't sem to do anything right: I'm sure that if Andrea did as you suggested there would be an uproar of "he's wasting his life" "he should do something for his future" "he is just a rich spoilt kid", etc...It's true that we can never please everybody
Old 05-25-2006, 05:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
AHAH, it's really funny how these people can't sem to do anything right: I'm sure that if Andrea did as you suggested there would be an uproar of "he's wasting his life" "he should do something for his future" "he is just a rich spoilt kid", etc...It's true that we can never please everybody
Huh? If he'd be living on the beach and do the surf bum thing living on a bag of rice, how would that be spoilt? It would be brave. It would be rather original. The uproar you so smugly predict, would certainly not come from me.
All I'm saying is, he has a lifetime to hang with friends his parents picked out, to go to Maxim's. But then again, there's a theory that says that people who are the eldest child in their family are wont to be the more traditional, the more responsible of the lot. Maybe that's true for this kid as well, I dunno. I don't know him at all. He should do as he pleases of course. But you have to admit, the more predictable his ways, the more boring for us to discuss here!
Old 05-25-2006, 05:44 AM
Courtier

Spoilt because to be able to spend some time on a beach and then go back to normal life you have to rely heavily on family money: average kids study and then start to earn a living in their 20s. Anyway I think that would be just a superficial kind of rebellion towards his life and family, but I understand it can appeal to some, I'm not judging anyone here. The only thing that puzzles me is if you don't know him, how can you know that his parent(s) picked out his friends and the places he goes: I think he was introduced to many people, and among those he chose who to hang out with, the fact that they have similar backgrounds is quite normal as similar upbringing and experience make it easier to form a bond...And going to nice places does not necesserely make one a conformist, just a person who knows how to enjoy life. JMO, of course
Old 05-25-2006, 05:56 AM

i think he looks really horrible
Old 05-25-2006, 06:41 AM
Nobility

In my opinion they both look just fine.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Nobility

i found more pics from canne,
source: wire image,

sorry i didn't know face hunter was a blog
Old 05-25-2006, 10:30 AM

To a point, I agree with princess olga. I don't agree completely, but I see some truth there. Originality would be a nice thing to see in the Casiraghi trio. They are neither as clever nor as original as Prince William, who has done many very innovative things to date (joining up with Raleigh International, his choice of university, his gap year on Rodrigues Island, his living with Kate in the St. Andrew's flat, then the suburban cottage, and other things). He has done things that Charles didn't do or at least did a somewhat-original variation of things Charles did. But the Casiraghi trio have done what Caroline and Stephanie did after school; they have gone to live, study, and party in Paris. Only Andrea did a little time in Canada... and his choice of girlfriend, though she stems from an elite family, is original in that she is certainly no blond Grace Kelly, Stefano Casiraghi, or Charlene Wittstock. And she was not Andrea's bodyguard, so he can't be accused of copying Tatie Steph either!:p
But even so, I agree he could take a page from Charlotte, who is not by any means a model of originality, but at least she has devoted herself to a rigid line of study that is cultivating her mind. Boring though it may be to some, a devotion to improving one's mind can never be a bad thing.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Courtier

Uau they look so good
just like hollywood stars(or better)
Old 05-25-2006, 12:57 PM
Nobility

he can't avoid the circles he roams around in. he was born into it. if he were to meet someone else that was not rich and have a trusting friendship with her/him it would be a sort of..well, a fluke.

he looks every inch the dashing prince in those first pictures.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Commoner

tati has a very gummy smile, I've never seem her with her hair up, with that length of hair she can do alot of beautiful "up-do" with it or just tie it up and and let the curls flow. She never seem to know what to wear, when to wear, how to wear what in "most" occassion.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveless
tati has a very gummy smile, I've never seem her with her hair up, with that length of hair she can do alot of beautiful "up-do" with it or just tie it up and and let the curls flow. She never seem to know what to wear, when to wear, how to wear what in "most" occassion.
she had it tied up for the funeral pics in paris. but she didn't look that good though it was a funeral. her hair is pretty untamable and i agree with you the girl has no style. well she has andrea's but it ain't workin' for her. i'll tell you that much.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula**
Uau they look so good
just like hollywood stars(or better)
not the girl. Grace Kelly was a Hollywood Star, take note.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:56 PM
Serene Highness

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the football pics!!!! First, I love that Andrea and Pierre participated - you don't see them as often doing something like this (at least, not for quite some time); Second - Andrea looks fabulous!!! He looks happy and healthy again. Compare the enthronement pics and these - he looks as if things are turning around for him, happier and more comfortable than he has in a long time and I'm happy for him/them.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Nobility

Andrea looks healthy and handsome. Tatianna has a simple style, but for her age its normal to experiment and find your way in the fashion world. I just hope Charlotte as a friend, can give her some fashion tips.