Andrea Casiraghi Current Events 9 : May 2006 - July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fact that she often stays/walks a bit behind him, shows that she respects his higher position and is not with him because she wants to be in the spotlight. since he is kind of a prince but because she loves him as a person. She does it on purpose and I like that, I think that in her place I would be doing somthing similar.

pwroble said:
I think the fact that she often stays/walks a bit behind him, shows that she respects his higher position and is not with him because she wants to be in the spotlight. since he is kind of a prince but because she loves him as a person. She does it on purpose and I like that, I think that in her place I would be doing somthing similar.

i think it shows weakness. a relationship should eb equal, 50/50 or not at all at least to me. if i were with him, i would be walking side by side to him. even kate middleton walks next to wills when they're together and he's going to be king of england!

Horseygal said:
I think, very wisely, she is not trying to be the center of attention. He is the "celebrity," the royal, she is just his girlfriend - the focus is not and should not be on her (especially at this event). Unlike other girlfiends of Prince Albert, or either Andrea or Pierre, Tatiana is not trying to make all this about her. She seems to just be enjoying being in his company, enjoying being a part of something - Cannes - events she may not have been attending if not for her relationship with him. I think if she jumped in front of him, smiling, every time a camera showed up, she wouldn't be around long.

well not jump in front of him, but be next to him. she's always like 3 steps behind him.

=/ not to say she should jump in front of Andrea to get the spotlight, but rather like "beside" him. By staying behind she is getting more attention, it's like what's wrong with her always like Andrea's guard dog, or pet (she lgives me the impression of extra baggage or an inept person who can't stand side by side with a person, regardless whether they are loyalty or not, she is an heiress too, it's not like she has nothing). Tati just look so much like a prop or a firefly attracted to light and worships it. (but hey she chose to be in that situation and maybe she makes Andrea happy, however, like others notice it's a one way love from this point of view not 50/50 maybe 75/25 or 60/40)

pwroble said:
I think the fact that she often stays/walks a bit behind him, shows that she respects his higher position
Are you kidding?! If that line of thinking would be strictly followed, one should conclude that she is with him because of his position, and not because he is another human being she happens to love. I mean, come on, she is not his assistant!

And as for respecting his higher position.....perhaps at an official function where he is playing an official role...Then maybe. But when he is his own scruffy self, unshaven, smoking, in baggy jeans an t-shirt, incognito, on the streets of Paris minding his own personal business, she is walking behind him <out of respect for his position>????

This doesn't make any sense. With all due respect, Andrea may stem from a pretty ancient European tribe, but we're not talking Saoudi Arabian royalty here. We're talking about a guy from a culture where the life partner is regarded as equal, at least when walking on the street is concerned!

I think she's behind maybe because either he's just faster what with his long legs, or she is wearing stilleto heels and has trouble walking on them..

princess olga said:
Are you kidding?! If that line of thinking would be strictly followed, one should conclude that she is with him because of his position, and not because he is another human being she happens to love. I mean, come on, she is not his assistant!

And as for respecting his higher position.....perhaps at an official function where he is playing an official role...Then maybe. But when he is his own scruffy self, unshaven, smoking, in baggy jeans an t-shirt, incognito, on the streets of Paris minding his own personal business, she is walking behind him <out of respect for his position>????

This doesn't make any sense. With all due respect, Andrea may stem from a pretty ancient European tribe, but we're not talking Saoudi Arabian royalty here. We're talking about a guy from a culture where the life partner is regarded as equal, at least when walking on the street is concerned!

I think she's behind maybe because either he's just faster what with his long legs, or she is wearing stilleto heels and has trouble walking on them..

it has always seemed ridiculous to me that she walks behind him. and she's around 5'9''-10'' so i know she has long legs and she is ALWAYS wearing flats so stiletto's are not a problem. i just think it is so absurd because she should be his equal, even when walking!

Loveless said:
=/ not to say she should jump in front of Andrea to get the spotlight, but rather like "beside" him. By staying behind she is getting more attention, it's like what's wrong with her always like Andrea's guard dog, or pet (she lgives me the impression of extra baggage or an inept person who can't stand side by side with a person, regardless whether they are loyalty or not, she is an heiress too, it's not like she has nothing). Tati just look so much like a prop or a firefly attracted to light and worships it. (but hey she chose to be in that situation and maybe she makes Andrea happy, however, like others notice it's a one way love from this point of view not 50/50 maybe 75/25 or 60/40)

yeah not everyone has the 50/50 concept but i hear that in europe such relationships tend to not be so equal. this came from two of my friends that live in europe.

enchantednights said:
yeah not everyone has the 50/50 concept but i hear that in europe such relationships tend to not be so equal. this came from two of my friends that live in europe.
I'm from Europe actually and all I know is, when it comes to something as simple like walking down the street, believe me women are front and center! Men like it that way, at least, the countries on that continent I grew up in and have lived in, do.

What I'm thinking though is, maybe it's as simple as this: sometimes when my love and I are going to an event or something, or a dinner or whatever and I don't really feel like it, I notice I kind of tend to drag my feet sometimes and am really slow when he's not! And other times, when we're going somewhere and I really want to be there, I walk way way faster than he does, LOL!

Maybe it's just that: Tatiana drags behind because she'd really rather be on the couch at home with a bag of popcorn--or relax behind the computer reading our venerable Forum ;)

In my opinion you are reading a little too much into this "habit"; maybe Tatiana is just a little intimidated by the crowd, and photographers, and not being used to being recognised and watched in the streets tends to stay behind not to be the focus of attention...I wouldn't try to judge their whole relationship on this attitude.

Grace said:
In my opinion you are reading a little too much into this "habit"; maybe Tatiana is just a little intimidated by the crowd, and photographers, and not being used to being recognised and watched in the streets tends to stay behind not to be the focus of attention...I wouldn't try to judge their whole relationship on this attitude.
I agree. That seems the most likely explanation. All born members of the Grimaldi clan (I mean the descendants of the late 'Patron', Rainier) grew up living in a fish bowl, as they say: with every step of their life being watched by people, and paparazzi. Andrea, therefore, must be used to it by now (or does one ever?!)
whereas for anyone dating him, you are quite right, that must be intimidating and downright daunting, hence the "walking three steps behind" result sometimes.

Andrea and tatiana at dolce & Gabana party in cannes.05/26/06
(wireimage)

8797365juju56527200644535am5jf.jpg
8797366juju56527200644615am9ko.jpg
8797400juju56527200644559am3sh.jpg
8797433juju56527200644449am8pv.jpg
8797434juju56527200644500am1ah.jpg

Nina8675 said:
Andrea and tatiana at dolce & Gabana party in cannes.05/26/06
(wireimage)
They look really cool there.... ( merci Nina )

...and girls , imo you a little too much into everything :) ...

Nice pics, thanks for them!
Well, at least now no one will have the reason to complain - they are walking side by side! ;)

michelle said:
They look really cool there.... ( merci Nina )

...and girls , imo you a little too much into everything :) ...

i'm just too perceptive, i can't help it. i notice the little things and sometimes when they happen often, a pattern forms in my head that leads me to inquire about them to the person or about whatever it is that i noticed to others. i don't mean any harm by it.

I find it refreshing that an heiress (Tatiana) is rather shy and not publicity seeking. And that she seems to dress to please herself rather than trying to look like everyone else in her age group. Shows individualism and self-confidence, in my opinion. As for her looks, Andrea seems to find her quite beautiful enough.

lea said:
I find it refreshing that an heiress (Tatiana) is rather shy and not publicity seeking. And that she seems to dress to please herself rather than trying to look like everyone else in her age group. Shows individualism and self-confidence, in my opinion. As for her looks, Andrea seems to find her quite beautiful enough.

That's very true. I like her too. She is trying hard to be fashionable though. I think her shoes at the D&G party were Louboutins. Loads of celebs have been wearing those exact pair. Very trendy shoe. Another sign that she's been getting serious style advice from someone like a fashion editor. Or maybe she just copied it on her own from a French Vogue party picture. She's definitely trying. Who can blame her? I'd totally be trying too if I was being photographed all the time like that and I had her kind of money!

lea said:

I completely agree. I dont think she's trying too hard with her fashion. She wears what she likes. I enjoy seeing her with Andrea at all these public events.

where are the pics?

does anyone know what happened to all those andrea pictures that had him playing soccer and sitting in the crowd with tatiana. It was on these boards yesterday.

samsforever said:
does anyone know what happened to all those andrea pictures that had him playing soccer and sitting in the crowd with tatiana. It was on these boards yesterday.
You can find the same pics in this thread: Monaco Grand Prix - May 2006

It makes no sense to discuss and post the same pics in several threads. So the soccer match pics can be found in that thread.

lea said:

On this point, I've found myself slightly disagreeing with you. She is shy and not publicity seeking, however she does not dress to please herself, but Andrea. Or should we put in this way, she is dressing in Andrea's style, which I never think suits her. Personally, I think that contributes to her being lack of style (actually she is a lovely girl).

Andrea doesn't care too much about what people comment on his wearing either. He always looks scruffy, but he looks great. That's because the type of clothes suits him. One has to dress to oneself but not others. That's wrong, and will never be looking good.

This remembers me Nicole Kidman and her fiance Keith Urban, after she started dating him, she started dressing like him does, in their informal appearances.

enchantednights said:
well not jump in front of him, but be next to him. she's always like 3 steps behind him.

"Walking 3 steps behind him" seems a forever topic. She hardly walks next to him. Actually, if one counts carefully, she walks next to him more in offical occasions when she has to. In casual pictures, unless they are holding hands, she is always 3 paces behind. From reading the body language, I would conclude this more than 'being shy'. Probably 'weak' is more appropriate.

Did Enchantednights mention who is into whom more? I would say Tati into Andrea from the obvious. I used not to feel too much about Tati, then I turned to like her as she is so real. I am less and less ethusiastic about her now, as there is a lack of character. My BF once asked me what make a girl attractive. I answered 'confidence and character' without a doubt. I feel sorry to say that I don't see these on Tati too much. Maybe this is what Andrea likes her about, but definitely not my type.

pllf1203 said:
On this point, I've found myself slightly disagreeing with you. She is shy and not publicity seeking, however she does not dress to please herself, but Andrea. Or should we put in this way, she is dressing in Andrea's style, which I never think suits her. Personally, I think that contributes to her being lack of style (actually she is a lovely girl).

Andrea doesn't care too much about what people comment on his wearing either. He always looks scruffy, but he looks great. That's because the type of clothes suits him. One has to dress to oneself but not others. That's wrong, and will never be looking good.
i agree with you and i think i have already in past threads about her style. andrea's other ex's also have dressed that way to please him. some people would do anything to keep a boy. it's just sad when you have to dress like him to keep him or give you plus points, whatever.

pllf1203 said:
"Walking 3 steps behind him" seems a forever topic. She hardly walks next to him. Actually, if one counts carefully, she walks next to him more in offical occasions when she has to. In casual pictures, unless they are holding hands, she is always 3 paces behind. From reading the body language, I would conclude this more than 'being shy'. Probably 'weak' is more appropriate.

Did Enchantednights mention who is into whom more? I would say Tati into Andrea from the obvious. I used not to feel too much about Tati, then I turned to like her as she is so real. I am less and less ethusiastic about her now, as there is a lack of character. My BF once asked me what make a girl attractive. I answered 'confidence and character' without a doubt. I feel sorry to say that I don't see these on Tati too much. Maybe this is what Andrea likes her about, but definitely not my type.
i'm very shy when i'm not on stage or in front of the camera, but i would never sink to the level of walking three steps behind any boy.

i did touch on that. i used to think they were very much in Love, then i saw the paris pics and changed my mind the i saw the GP and saw a spark but definitely she is more into him. naturally, i mean she is a plain girl, he is handsome and rich and could have any girl he wants. she does have money but she couldn't very well have anyone she wants the way he can. for her to have Andrea..well it must be like a dream. her personality must make up for her looks but she has this submissive look to her, she seems sweet, but yeah i agree a bit weak.

Ariel said:
This remembers me Nicole Kidman and her fiance Keith Urban, after she started dating him, she started dressing like him does, in their informal appearances.
i can't believe she's marrying him. sob. but maybe it's a couple thing? but with andrea it's always the girl changing herself for him.

i've said it before and i'll say it again. i have pics of tati pre andrea and she did not dress 'i just got out of bed' look. but whatever floats their boat.

to me, Tatiana looks jusk OK...pretty as she is, she never strikes me as being beautiful....I understand when you all been saying that she dress just to match up with Andrea...I wonder why she has to do that...if she has confidence and be herself, she would not look as if she's trying too hard...

after finding out that tati is only 19 we should probably take that into consideration, she may still be trying to find herself when it come to style. she hasn't grown up in the spotlight or have gone to events befor meeting andrea so she is still learning....as for her lack of confidence i agree with everyone, but still keeping her age in mind it's normal behavior....i can say that i feel she is becomming more and more secure with herself every time i see her...i think love can give that to a gal sometimes

Last edited:
louisgarrel said:
after finding out that tati is only 19 we should probably take that into consideration, she may still be trying to find herself when it come to style. she hasn't grown up in the spotlight or have gone to events befor meeting andrea so she is still learning....as for her lack of confidence i agree with everyone, but still keeping her age in mind it's normal behavior....i can say that i feel she is becomming more and more secure with herself every time i see her...i think love can give that to a gal sometimes

maybe for some people. but i know i personally have my own style, i feel comfortable in it. i know what fits and what doesn't. i don't have ot imitate anyone else's to get some sort ego boost. i know i look good and that's what should count. charlotte developed her style when she was in her early teens as well and has kept it (ehh so so but she still has it sometimes) for the most part.

yeah Love can do wonders to a person. i agree there.

^well u have to admit for char it's easier to pick up great style, she has been exposed to it from an early age, where as tati is new to the game

by the way thanks again for the e-mail...i got the ones i wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom