The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantednights
i don't know education wise but i'm sure he's doing something :p
He is a socialite and a celebrity, that's what he does.

Old 05-19-2006, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisgarrel
gosh..he dosn't look good there.....this is the first time i'm not jealous of tati...i wish he would go back to wearing skinny pants or something that fits better...
How different my opinion is!! I think he looks good! Really good! Man, I have not thought Andrea looks so good for so long!

Louisgarrel, thanks for the Tatiana-glasses pic. That is hilarious!

I am feeling pretty cool right now because I have a handbag that is exactly like Tatiana's in those new pics of her and Andy strolling past Emporio Armani.

Old 05-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Nobility

I can't help but think that it is such a waste of his life to be just a socialite.Here is someone who has had many advantages in his life ,in terms of the opportunities for education and he has done nothing.If he feels he can't do a uviversity or college program then he could do charity work ,help different causes etc.Unless he starts to do SOMETHING I can't see him ever being a viable heir for the monegaste leadership.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene
I can't help but think that it is such a waste of his life to be just a socialite.Here is someone who has had many advantages in his life ,in terms of the opportunities for education and he has done nothing.If he feels he can't do a uviversity or college program then he could do charity work ,help different causes etc.Unless he starts to do SOMETHING I can't see him ever being a viable heir for the monegaste leadership.
There's always a reason for ones actions. Unless Prince Albert drops dead he still has time to shape up. Although it's always good to start early in practicing such an important role, however, he is still young. He may have reasons for not being able to focus on anything that people see as a "good cause". Each person is different some develops a sense of responsibility early, some doesn't, some needs help realizing it. It's Andrea's life to waste and he has reasons for doing what he does, or lack of. He is only human, he has his up's and down's. :) just an opinion
Old 05-20-2006, 12:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene
he has done charity work. and he attended uni for a while but school is not for everyone.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Courtier

I know people like to criticize, but maybe knowing what he actually does in his life before judging him for what you think he does might be good. It was reported he is in fact attending University in Paris; I have no clue if this information is true or false, but assuming he is doing nothing and then bashing him on the basis of an assumption doesn't seem fair to me. Plus, as Enchantednights pointed out, he seems pretty focused on charity for a 20 year old. Just My opinion...
Old 05-20-2006, 10:07 PM
Serene Highness

There are recent pictures of him attending AMADE charity event(s) with his mother and Prince Albert, so I belive that will be a charity he continues to support for the rest of his life. Whether he finishes, or goes back to, college remains to be seen. I would like to think that this is just a phase MANY of us went through (whether you went to school, or not, partying into your young 20s is a given). When he finds a different purpose for his life, he'll make the switch - it's not going to happen over night. And, maybe that includes a change of friends and more responsibility.....who knows....
Old 05-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Nobility

i was reading through articles different sites, and i found the poll on this one: http://www.diezminutos.wanadoo.es/ really funny. if you scroll down it says "do you think abdrea and tatiana will get married this year?" it kinda shocked me seeing as sure they have been seen together in a lot of places and they seem to be lasting longer than any other of his but they should take into account this could also be him maturing. as we grow older we have new perspectives and our values and priorities change.

anyway i just thought i'd share that. i don't know if there's anyone here who would vote yes, but if there are i'd Love to hear your opinions as to why you think so.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:47 PM

Quote:
he has done charity work. and he attended uni for a while but school is not for everyone.
Very true, traditional classroom school isn't for everyone. I can't say I agree that Andrea has done a charity "work". Attending a conference one year and a gala another year for AMADE doesn't qualify, imo. That's just skimming the surface. Loads of people do much, much more than that. But I do agree with what Grace said about it being unfair to say he's wasting his time because the fact is, none of us really know what he's doing with his time. For all we know, he could be a CERN physics student! Far fetched as that may seem, it makes my point, which is that we just don't know, so there's no right among us to say he is wasting his time or he parties too much. We only see him when he's out partying because the paparazzi are pretty limited; they can only photograph him entering and exiting buildings or walking down a street. They can't take pictures of him in class or at the library or doing God-knows-what in his apartment. We see one thing: Andrea out with friends, and we only see that a few times a year. Hardly grounds to judge what he does in daily life.

Ok, now I will step down from the soap box.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
or doing God-knows-what in his apartment.
remember he also went on a trip to africa. and omg HAHAHA do we want to know what he does? i'm actually kinda curious..
Old 05-22-2006, 07:03 AM

Quote:
remember he also went on a trip to africa. and omg HAHAHA do we want to know what he does? i'm actually kinda curious..
Yes, even though it was just a conference that he went to in Senegal, he might have been doing all sorts of work that wasn't in the pictures. True, true. He was driving somewhere with that woman, maybe doing something for the charity. It's not a huge amount, and it was a while ago, but it is something, and even though loads of people do more, I guess there is an equal amount who don't do anything, and he has to start somewhere, I guess.
I have had my own thoughts about Andrea 'wasting his time', even though I try to remember that, as I said, we just don't know, so we can't judge.
I wish we knew and I do hope to see him putting his brains to good use eventually.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:25 AM
Courtier

He didn't just go to Africa for a conference, but also to supervise and help with a project (I think a school project). I'm not saying he is devoting his life to charity, but he sure seems to care more than the average 20 year old guy (and certainly much more than his siblings, apparently)...

ETA: I found this on the Amade site (we might take it with a grain of salt as it is his mother's organization speking, but I doubt it is all fake)

Andrea Casiraghi’s trip to Africa

Mr. Andrea Casiraghi, son of H.R.H. the Princess of Hanover, took part, in February and in
March 2004, in a humanitarian programme in a volunteer scheme for AMADE. Along with
M.Francis Kasasa, General Secretary of AMADE, Mr. Casiraghi had the opportunity to visit
AMADE satellites in Senegal, in Togo and Niger. As he arrived in Senegal, he could find out
how it was managed and how new programmes were implemented. Mr. Casiraghi, by suggesting
new ways to tackle difficulties, will make this centre more efficient and also will enable it to set
its priorities right. In Lom, the Togo based AMADE is involved in vocational training for young
tailors. On the one hand, Andrea Casiraghi contributed in teaching them the basics of reading and
writing, as things stood he decided to employ a new teacher for this purpose. The whole
programme handles a wide range of subjects aimed at raising social awareness such as
healthcare issues, environmental principles, equal opportunities endeavours. On the other hand,
he personally bought a blackboard, 3 footballs, 11 school books. He also donated money to
create a football team in which both street-children of the area and students of the centre would
play together. By that time, Mr. Casiraghi realized that Lom was a gateway for child trafficking.
As a consequence, he raised Mr. Saparapa’s awareness to this problems, Mr. Saparapa is in
charge with the AMADE in Togo. Andrea Casiraghi would like this centre to fight against this
social scourge along with other organizations. And it could ideally be part of the national
commission in charge with the child trafficking in an advisory capacity.
The last visit took place in Nigeria, Mr. Mainassara, President of this AMADE, guided Mr.
Casiraghi throughout several programmes being carried out. Francis Kasasa and Andrea
Casiraghi went to Foulan Kaoura to talk to Locals and to analize their real needs.
It was obvious to both visitors that the top priority issue was to provide the centre with
computers, access to the internet, more appropriate facilities for the area. They also decided to
start a programme focused on providing school books and a teacher to educate them, and a first
medical aid facilities. In conclusion, Andrea Casiraghi’s visit to these several AMADEs
highlighted their strenghts and weaknesses, and he put forward new means to achieve good
results in these humanitarian programmes.

(the original text was in French; this is the translation provided on the Amade site itself, but it is not very accurate...it gives a good idea of what Andrea did anyway.)

Old 05-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula**
I can't go to the page, can u take a [print screen] and post the picture here?
ae you aloud to this? :p
i'm not sure how to display the pic for u ...i'm not really expiranced in computers but if anyone else here can try to post the pic form the maxim's sit it would be great...
Old 05-24-2006, 05:48 AM
Royal Highness

Pictures of Andrea and Tatiana attending the Star Team for Children soccer match - HERE !
Old 05-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
Pictures of Andrea and Tatiana attending the Star Team for Children soccer match - HERE !
thank you seb! the pictures are spectacular!
Old 05-24-2006, 02:01 PM
Serene Highness

CANNES, FRANCE - MAY 24: Andrea Casiraghi, Princess Caroline of Monaco's son, and girlfriend heiress Tatiana Santo Domingo attend the 'Marie Antoinette' premiere at the Palais des Festivals during the 59th International Cannes Film Festival May 24, 2006 in Cannes, France.

Source: Gettyimages
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71034139.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	245066   Click image for larger version

Name:	71034141.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	245067   Click image for larger version

Name:	71034143.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	245068  
Old 05-24-2006, 02:15 PM
Nobility

thank you for these. i think those are the same glasses he wore to ibiza this past year. he's been looking really spiffy these days.

her dress...ay her dress. i should get cojo on her :p
Old 05-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
thank you for these. i think those are the same glasses he wore to ibiza this past year. he's been looking really spiffy these days.

her dress...ay her dress. i should get cojo on her :p

hahaahaha i like cojo , wondering what he would say about her dress
Old 05-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Nobility

one more

source: gettyimages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amira
hahaahaha i like cojo , wondering what he would say about her dress
haha make that plural dress(es) and well just outfits in general. and yeah he's pretty amazing and really funny so i'd Love his take on her style.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Andrea ... Cutiepie , these glasses make me shiver... they are even worse than those Pilot- glasses Seb always wears ...