The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine
For all NC & Eric/Alexandre fans: two pics I came across. Both are from an old Bunte (2 weeks ago IIRC).
Thank you for the adorable photos Ghislaine! I'm so glad they have the decency to distort his face ... with all the horrific stories one hears I wish more celebrities would protect the privacy of their innocent children.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks Ghisland for the pics. The chorus-line beachside one, is I think the new one. The other is from the Bermuda trip in Dec. I'm always happy to see "My baby" and of course his mother doing fine,hopefully.

Old 06-07-2006, 07:06 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreDoc
I'm so glad they have the decency to distort his face ... with all the horrific stories one hears I wish more celebrities would protect the privacy of their innocent children.
It's nothing to do with decency; it's to keep the publisher of the magazine out of a courtroom. Princess Caroline successfully sued several magazines for publishing unedited pics of her children in "private" moments, including a series of actions against Point de Vue. Her legal actions and the "intrusive" pictures both ceased when the magazine's editor was replaced.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:19 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks pinklady1991 for responding.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Aristocracy

This maybe old news, but IM curious. Given the fact that People magazine reportedly paid Brad and Angelina $4.1 million for the first photos of their baby, how much did Nicole get for pictures of little Alex?
Old 06-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Aristocracy

Sashajones, re your comments on pics for sale and NC/Alex. There was a lot of endless negative stuff people searching for whatever sounds shocking,but I'm sure NC said she was not paid for any of her exposures-she had her own private agenda.which seemingly h as placed her between H and Highwater, at least for now.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat2912
Sashajones, re your comments on pics for sale and NC/Alex. There was a lot of endless negative stuff people searching for whatever sounds shocking,but I'm sure NC said she was not paid for any of her exposures-she had her own private agenda.which seemingly h as placed her between H and Highwater, at least for now.
Thanks Neat2912 for your reply.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Aristocracy

I was just reading a couple of comments in another thread, If I can do this, that were overlapping into this thread. These people were commenting on the JG/PA/NC/TR story in the June 19, People.

One stated that in light of NC's being angry about the inability of Alex to use the G name and that JG does.And that she had said here we go again, The other mentioned that in spite of the lawyer saying she was not supposed to use it, that she (poster) felt it was because Alex is half black.

As we always say here, "I hope,bla,bla." I sincerely hope that NC will get good legal advice as to the importance or validity of the name use,in case she decides to interest herself,as I imagine she will, but hopefully evaluate
the whole thing. And remember that all Alex wants right now is his Mother and all of the fun stuff he likes to do. Correrction-Needs his mother.Who else, I wonder do es he have ? Stuff upon stuff, problem after problem, stress after stress. I hope (again) she wisely decides "What hill she wants to die on" And trust me, literally so.

And as far as being half-black, he'll always be that as she will always have her face. If there are problems with that. they'll have to always make sure they do/have/make the best of all possible selfness.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Gentry

The concepts of "illegitimate child" and "natural child" were removed from the French law. Under the French law, all the children have the same rights. In case of conflict of laws between France and Monaco concerning Alexandre's filiation, it's the French law which will be applied.

Here are the links of the Legifrance gov. site about the French filiation new law. Free to everyone to translate them in order to form his own opinion.
http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/WAspad/VisuArticleCode?commun=&h0=CCIVILL0.rcv&h1=2&h3=91
http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/WAspad/Visu?cid=741696&indice=18&table=JORF&ligneDeb=1
http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/WAspad...ORF&ligneDeb=1

Par la Grâce de Dieu, Louis-le-14ème.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis14
The concepts of "illegitimate child" and "natural child" were removed from the French law. Under the French law, all the children have the same rights. In case of conflict of laws between France and Monaco concerning Alexandre's filiation, it's the French law which will be applied.

Here are the links of the Legifrance gov. site about the French filiation new law. Free to everyone to translate them in order to form his own opinion.

Par la Grâce de Dieu, Louis-le-14ème.
This is very interesting, Louis14. I have wondered how a conflicts of law issue would play out between France and Monaco, because that is precisely the issue that would come into play if Alex (at 18) challenged the law. Could you explain how French law trumps Monaco if they conflict? I would be interested to understand--I don't know much about comparative law.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsophy
This is very interesting, Louis14. I have wondered how a conflicts of law issue would play out between France and Monaco, because that is precisely the issue that would come into play if Alex (at 18) challenged the law. Could you explain how French law trumps Monaco if they conflict? I would be interested to understand--I don't know much about comparative law.
The french law doesn't trump Monaco. Monaco is a seperate country they are govern by their own laws. They do not follow French laws as they are not citizens of France.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:11 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalt2
Monaco is a seperate country they are govern by their own laws.
Obviously. I was referencing Louis14's post (see excerpt below), and asking for clarification:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis 14
I was asking Louis14 how French law would be applied, instead of Monegasque law (thereby trumping it).

I guess we'll have to wait for Louis14 to answer...
Old 06-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Royal Highness

I dropped by to see if we had any news or pictures of the Coste family but we are still on the law thingy in here? Anyway, I'll see if I can google up some news for the thread...

I kind of like that expression, google up a link. The internet and technology has expanded the language with every new thing we have available online.

==========
and I just came back after a couple of minutes and found nothing new. The name Coste only brings up news for the Jazmin Grace thread. So, anyone in France has anything new from the local papers that could be shared with us?
Old 06-18-2006, 04:55 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
I was asking Louis14 how French law would be applied, instead of Monegasque law (thereby trumping it).
I guess we'll have to wait for Louis14 to answer...
I think we should be careful in assuming members are "experts" in particular areas before checking out if there are larger agendas in play.

This question has been discussed at length elsewhere. The short answer is that the Monaco Constitution lays down succession law; children not born of a legal marriage are ineligible to inherit the throne. French law and its "concepts of illegitimate child and natural child" are irrelevant.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:49 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
I think we should be careful in assuming members are "experts" in particular areas before checking out if there are larger agendas in play.

This question has been discussed at length elsewhere. The short answer is that the Monaco Constitution lays down succession law; children not born of a legal marriage are ineligible to inherit the throne. French law and its "concepts of illegitimate child and natural child" are irrelevant.
Never said I thought Louis14 was an expert. In fact, I am a lawyer myself. I wanted to know what his/her argument was regarding French/Monegasque conflicts of law. I think by now everyone on this forum knows what the Monegasque constitution says. But anyone familiar with the law knows that even when something seems ironclad, lawyers find all kinds of arguments to dispute it.

I wanted to understand what Louis14 meant, and am still waiting...
Old 06-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Never said I thought Louis14 was an expert. In fact, I am a lawyer myself. I wanted to know what his/her argument was regarding French/Monegasque conflicts of law. I think by now everyone on this forum knows what the Monegasque constitution says. But anyone familiar with the law knows that even when something seems ironclad, lawyers find all kinds of arguments to dispute it.

I wanted to understand what Louis14 meant, and am still waiting...

Nobody disputes the sovereignty of Monaco. But this sovereignty was granted to Monaco by France within the 2002 Treaty, in certain conditions.

Here is the link to the original French version of the Franco-Monegasque Treaty of 2002. Free to everyone to translate it, especially the article 1, in order to form his own opinion.

http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/WAspad...o=MAEJ0530100D

When PA's lawyer, Mr Thierry Lacoste, who works and lives in France, presented last year Alexandre at the press of the whole world as being a "illegitimate child" while at the same time the concepts of "illegitimate child" and "natural child" had been removed from the French law, all the French lawyers understood that it acted above all of a political declaration intended to alleviate the tensions within the members of Grimaldi House.

Alexandre has many supports in France and in Monaco. We just try to inform people on the real state of the French law of filiation, by indicating the links of the French legislative texts.

Alexandre was born and lives in France with his mother. Under the French law, he is the legitimate heir of his father. According to article 311-15 of the French Civil Code whose link is below, in the case of conflict of laws relating to Alexandre's filiation, it's the French law which applies to him even if the other elements of filiation could have depended on a foreign law.

http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/WAspad...cv&h1=2&h3=121

In France, I say in France, Alexandre can enjoy all his rights as the oldest son of the Reigning Prince of Monaco. All the noble titles hold by PA, except the one of Prince of Monaco, are French noble titles and can be legally hold in France by Alexandre.
The article 310 of the French Civil Code clearly specifies that: "All the children whose filiation is legally established have the same rights and the same duties in their relationship with their father and mother. They enter in the family of each one of them ".

http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/WAspad...rcv&h1=2&h3=91

http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/WAspad...cv&h1=2&h3=156

Par la Grâce de Dieu, louis-le-14ème.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Aristocracy

Magicalt2 Thanks. I feel a song coming on-The Way we were (at least that day. ) Just to be catty and nosey-I wonder what year that was ?!! Someday Alexandre will be proud of this-they represent his background. There are many pics around. What did you think of the fat-cheeked bambino above?
Old 06-18-2006, 07:24 PM
Courtier

Just a precisation: sovereignty cannot be granted by any State or international entity. It's a prerogative a State either has or not, and Monaco, according to the majority of the doctrine, now has it. (I don't know if I have to qualify myself, but I recently graduated in international law).
Old 06-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat2912
Magicalt2 Thanks. I feel a song coming on-The Way we were (at least that day. ) Just to be catty and nosey-I wonder what year that was ?!! Someday Alexandre will be proud of this-they represent his background. There are many pics around. What did you think of the fat-cheeked bambino above?
I think he looks so sweet! Alexandre is a really cute litte boy in all his pictures.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:31 PM
Courtier

I know that racism sadly still exists, but I fear any criticism of NC's behaviour is being labeled as racism and hence forbidden...
I would like to keep the right to voice my opinion, positive or negative, of NC, TR and particularly or Albert, because I didn't approve of many of the things they did lately, and while I agree that the colour of skin should not be a factor in these opinions, I think it shouldn't become a "shield" or a justification either. Just my opinion...

Closed Thread