The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Commoner

I personally think that a billionaire should be able to make arrangments to see his son. If he does not get along with NC, then he should send an intermediary to pick up and drop off Alex. People do that sort of thing every day--he has the means.

I don't know whether he sees Alex; with the proximity of the villa, it would be surprising if he didn't. My guess is that he sees him privately.

I know people have low opinions of NC, but now that we see he has a daughter unacknowledged for 14 years, maybe this is EXACTLY what NC was afraid of. Who knows? Maybe PA would have done the same thing to her that he did to Tamara--it's hard to put it past him now, isn't it?

Besides, I think PA's biggest gripe with NC is that he wanted her HIDDEN. He didn't care if she had a child or not, but he did not want anyone to know that he was involved with her, or the circumstances under which they were involved.

My 2 cents.

Old 06-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Serene Highness

PA is a cad. I'm not a fan of these women either, but they can't bear 90% of the blame. If NC never spoke up, TR might have given up. She must feel incredibly vindicated.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 06-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Aristocracy

Qsophy- I agree with you so so much about the hidden thing, or perhaps embarrassed thing. As I think he has to go along with his peers of the world and subjects. But it looks as if from the "betrayal" thing that they were not seeing things the same way or mixed messages, purposely or not. I do think she suspected him of sending her and baby up in that lovely house on Oblivion Lane which she didn't want. And in that no, it appears she was much more nicely treated than TR.

And that relationship, I believe, we know very little about as she hid some things protecting and being loyal to him, and why shouldn't she be? They were apparently quite companionable up until pretty much, zero hour. Zero being time for Alex to make his entrance into the world. And I don't hold it against her, since she is the one who has sufferered and will, for coming out that was their private thing. Folks, we know very little.

And I believe PA did love Alex, the pics show some proud loving poses. What has happened since I don't know. But it seems like both of them are getting along ok. He has his throne and other "things". Nicole has Alex and the whole world knows about Little Eric Alexandre-which is I think MAJOR.

And again, Prince Albert comes under no other jurisdiction and he can if he likes use old royal traditions which is I suppose he is doing. Again, thats what I think the private thing is about.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:11 PM
Aristocracy

I read in one of the many papers that has been covering this story that Jazim is welcomed in Monaco. On the other hand, I read that after Nicole's going public, she was asked to stay away from Monaco. Well, this must be a complete slap in the face to Nicole. I wonder how she is feeling right about now?
Old 06-01-2006, 07:28 PM
Commoner

BurberryBrit, I agree with you 100%. Loving your new avatar, by the way. :)

Neat 2912, you raised some very good points. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

sashajones, I see what you mean, but one wonders why PA purchased a villa within 15 minutes of Monaco for her and Alex. He could have located them anywhere in France. Besides, I think the bigger concern for NC is whether Alex will be allowed to visit Monaco, which has probably already happened, or if not, will likely occur when he is old enough to travel solo (as with Jazmin).

What in the heck was PA thinking? I wonder if there are any more...
Old 06-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashajones
I read in one of the many papers that has been covering this story that Jazim is welcomed in Monaco. On the other hand, I read that after Nicole's going public, she was asked to stay away from Monaco. Well, this must be a complete slap in the face to Nicole. I wonder how she is feeling right about now?
Nicole was photographed some months ago strolling in Monaco with a man, so I guess she doesn't have to stay away, except maybe from the Palace
Old 06-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsophy
I am somewhat perturbed by the manner in which Nicole is discussed on this board, relative to how PA is treated. I realize that everyone has their own view of her and him, and I respect that. But I think a few things are worth noting:

1. Unless someone knows otherwise, I don't think Nicole purchased that villa in the South of France. My guess is that PA had something to do with that super-high-priced real estate purchase. So it's not likely that only Nicole that wanted her situated there. I daresay PA could have had her located elsewhere in France--this is a man with power. I have no idea why PA didn't have her located elsewhere. But it does make one think!
Of course Prince Albert bought Nicole's home (well actually Alexandre and a corporation). But, sorry you are kind of wrong about Nicole wanting to be situated there. Actually, Nicole stated in an interview that she wanted to be in Monaco, but albert refused. It was Nicole who found this house closer to Monaco. here's an excerpt from an interview that she gave. Also, I should add, during this time, Nicole had a huge trump card over Albert - secrecy. Albert didn't want this child revealed and she did.

L'Express du 04/07/2005
par Eric Pelletier, Jean-Marie Pontaut

Mais sa mère souhaite qu'Alexandre puisse de temps à autre se rapprocher de Monaco. A la rentrée 2004, on trouve le refuge idéal: une vaste demeure isolée, en pierre de pays, que jouxte une piscine de belle dimension, sur les hauteurs de Villefranche-sur-Mer (Alpes-Maritimes).
But his mother wishes that Alexander can get closer every so often to Monaco. In receipts 2004, one find the ideal shelter: a vast insulated, stone residence of country, which adjoins a swimming pool of nice dimension, on the height of Villefranche-sur-Mer (Alpes-Maritimes).

Quote:
3. No one stays with someone 5 years just for sex. The sex-honeymoon wears off much sooner.
Actually, people do. I hope you know that Albert had girlfriends that he actually took to widely public events as his date (unlike Nicole who was at his apartment cooking his meal and waiting for him to come home from his "official functions"). During this time he dated Tasha and Alicia who both attended events on his arms (and printed in major papers) with his father in attendance. Also, he met Charlene in 2001 and they had a night on the town. In her paris Match interview, Nicole only stated three Monaco events (minor ones) that Albert took her to in five years. But, she was never his official date with the Grimaldi family. Please realize that when she came out with her story in Paris Match, many people didn't believe her becasue she was never heard or seen in 5 years, especially not being his girlfriend!

Look at the pictures of Charlene during the Grand Prix and the Olympics. Notice the pictures where he is introducing her to ofiicials of Monaco, other royals at the Olympics, his family - this is how you treat a girlfriend. And, they have been only dating 6 months, not 5 years.

So, I am sorry to disappoint you, but I had actually hoped that a charming European prince had a love affair with an elegant "African Queen". But, from where I stand, he and Nicole just had sex - and now a child.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
Nicole was photographed some months ago strolling in Monaco with a man, so I guess she doesn't have to stay away, except maybe from the Palace
It was reported that when asked, she said it was not her.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia
Of course Prince Albert bought Nicole's home...
We'll have to agree to disagree here.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
It was reported that when asked, she said it was not her.
I'm talking about pics I actually saw, and it was most definitely her!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Aristocracy

GRACE As Lillia said, she said it wasn't her. Why would she(at least it was reported that she was going to sue the publication) if it was her. I remember this conversation with you and someone else. Think about this. She said it wasn't her.

Qsophy, you and I disagree with these subliminal,submerged, petty generalizations. And if we're going to bring in past events, which is understandable, can't we interrelate them some way. Sometimes the posters on this NC thread project too much seemingly personal enmity. Why would anyone envy a woman who has done her own somewhat unhappy experiences and has, but who knows how many years to go with it? I don't intend to repeat the unfortunate posts as a few weeks ago,but I do intend to stand up for respectful and fair references re the namesake of this thread.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia
Of course Prince Albert bought Nicole's home...
I agree. That's all it was, but NC turned it into more than that (Albert sure did not help himself at all on it).
Old 06-01-2006, 09:33 PM
Aristocracy

Its obvious or was obvious to PA's peers and the world that CW was obviously his preference over NC since there had been no positive reference to her. And that was his Godgiven privilege. So why and to whom are we trying to prove that because NC wasn't his take home girl--that she had a non important relationship. I can't believe you people can continue to stand on this. Why? It moves nothing along. I realize you have this privilege but please. How many ladies or men have had relationships that didn't go home to see the folks? And if you're going to have one, IMO, why not get a sweet baby boy with his life set in order? You've said so many times, many times about all the amenities NC has? Won't or will that ever suffice? Apparently not.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat2912
GRACE As Lillia said, she said it wasn't her. Why would she(at least it was reported that she was going to sue the publication) if it was her. I remember this conversation with you and someone else. Think about this. She said it wasn't her.

Qsophy, you and I disagree with these subliminal,submerged, petty generalizations. And if we're going to bring in past events, which is understandable, can't we interrelate them some way. Sometimes the posters on this NC thread project too much seemingly personal enmity. Why would anyone envy a woman who has done her own somewhat unhappy experiences and has, but who knows how many years to go with it? I don't intend to repeat the unfortunate posts as a few weeks ago,but I do intend to stand up for respectful and fair references re the namesake of this thread.
Neat2912, you could not be more right. I did not see the photo at issue, so I cannot comment on that...But I do not understand the level of the vitriol directed at NC on this thread--or at CW, on her thread. It seems to me that people are willing to turn a blind eye to PA's egregious conduct, and prefer to villify NC, TR, CW and any other woman he comes in contact with.

There is also alot of supposition as to why NC acted in the manner that she did. Who knows why she handled that situation in that manner?

Maybe she didn't want PA to "pull a Tamara" on her, and fail to acknowledge her son for 14 years! It's hard to put that past him now, isn't it?

We don't know FOR SURE that PA would have acknowledged Alex after Rainier's mourning period--that was a convenient answer. Based on PA's acknowledgement of Jazmin, we can suppose that we would have found out about Alex in 2017.

And really, the dominoes probably wouldn't have fallen regarding Jazmin, had NC not come forward (BurberryBrit said this in another post).

And PA would have been sitting pretty, ready to get married with no apparent children. And that is EXACTLY the way he wanted it.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Neat2912, you could not be more right. I did not see the photo at issue, so I cannot comment on that...But I do not understand the level of the vitriol directed at NC on this thread--or at CW, on her thread. It seems to me that people are willing to turn a blind eye to PA's egregious conduct, and prefer to villify NC, TR, CW and any other woman he comes in contact with.

There is also alot of supposition as to why NC acted in the manner that she did. Who knows why she handled that situation in that manner?

Maybe she didn't want PA to "pull a Tamara" on her, and fail to acknowledge her son for 14 years! It's hard to put that past him now, isn't it?

We don't know FOR SURE that PA would have acknowledged Alex after Rainier's mourning period--that was a convenient answer. Based on PA's acknowledgement of Jazmin, we can suppose that we would have found out about Alex in 2017.

And really, the dominoes probably wouldn't have fallen regarding Jazmin, had NC not come forward (BurberryBrit said this in another post).

And PA would have been sitting pretty, ready to get married with no apparent children. And that is EXACTLY the way he wanted it.
Should this be called The Grimaldi Code?
In the book and movie the Da Vinci Code the characters are searching for the royal line of you-know-who. In the Grimaldi code, the offsprings' mothers are making the 'ancestor' (Prince Albert) recognize his princely spermatozoids did extend the royal line to at least two kids.

Interesting turn of events during the past few days. I agree that had Nicole not come forward Tamara would have been but a royal foot note. And Nicole came forward, from what we read so far, because she knew of the teenage girl's existence jeopardized her own claims for both recognition and the big pile of cash attached to that recognition. Yet, she helped the other lady, Tamara, to persist on her claim to have her daugther recognized by Albert as his.
So, Nicole and Tamara both owe a lot to each other and both are also even toward each other. One reaction caused another one and viceversa. Both win recognition and a truck load of money.

But, to be fair with them I give the upper hand to Nicole over Tamara. Nicole was his very open and public companion for many years. I think that deep down she is the one that was really in love with him and he with her. If the meaning of love can be applied to those two egos.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:05 AM
Aristocracy

Toledo you are an eternal romantic. Wouldn't you think at this point that NC doesn'g really want to claim her eternal love? It's understandable with the baby, all the waiting and protecting PA,and surely happy times that she got caught up in an emotional terrible thing. She needs to have that burden lifted from her now ,espec ially with what I think was with PA a childish disgusting show of "Look who I got NC" at the Olympics.

And I wouldn't be sure about your who did what first and why. NC knew about TR a long time (from other sites),remember pillow talk. NC seems to have had a number of reasons. She might not know them all herself. Remember that she had all of Alex's goodies in place long before she came.
I like your thinking,style and elegance. We sure need you. Don't forget to come back to NC thread!! (smiles)
Old 06-02-2006, 12:15 AM
Royal Highness

The girl at the Olympics is what we call the rebound love she is the one in between affairs:

A "rebound relationship" is one in which a person becomes overly quick to commit to a new partner after having experienced an upsetting breakup or divorce. People who have breakups and then immediatley involved themselves with someone else seem to feel the need to prove to themselves they are worthy of love and affection. They may miss the comfort and affection of a regular relationship. But whatever the reason is, it is a selfish reason, one that is based on serving the self esteem and satisfying feeling of personal worth. "Someone loves me and needs me." It can also be to affirm "I wasn't at fault in the breakup, this relationship will prove that." Most of these rebound relationships are not permanent, and they can be even more destructive than the earlier breakup.

Here is a quiz for Albert that any Royal Forum Royal observer can fill out for him. So think you are 'Albert' and with the information we all read here during the past year fill out the questionaire for him.
Have fun!
QUIZ: (Prince Albert) Are you on the rebound (from Nicole)? A quick and easy 20 question quiz to help you decide if you're ready to love again or merely on the rebound.

I scored 60 for Albert and got the following message:
Your score is 60. The signs of a rebound are all there but it also appears you're ready to move on for real. This is a hard call. While you're clearly still vulnerable on many levels you've also let go of the past and want to focus on the future. This is a good thing! The best advice at this point is to follow your heart and do what feels good. Give yourself permission to be happy again and you'll find that any rebounding that is still going on will quickly lose momentum.

In summary, well, my summary, Albert and Nicole are made for each other.

Old 06-02-2006, 12:56 AM
Nobility

source: newscom

he is soo cute omg!!!! and he looks so much like albi too when he was young. gosh he really is precious.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:56 AM
Nobility

Ok, I really give up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo

But, to be fair with them I give the upper hand to Nicole over Tamara. Nicole was his very open and public companion for many years. I think that deep down she is the one that was really in love with him and he with her. If the meaning of love can be applied to those two egos.
I was going to respond to this statement AGAIN with a slew of quotes from interviews, news articles of Albert on high profile dates, and pictures to dispute this statement. I was going to insert facts (from Nicole’s interview) of the date when they broke up AND the circumstances of how Albert ended up spending that December night with Nicole AND the non-existence relationship that occurred after Nicole became pregnant (by providing quotes from Nicole’s interviews) to try dispute the statement (rather ridiculous to me) that Charlene is a rebound love interest because Albert is trying to make Nicole jealous. But, alas I realize that this will be futile. I know that people will view the information through their own values, attitudes, and belief system. I do it also. I should know this by now.

Quote:
Toledo you are an eternal romantic…She needs to have that burden lifted from her now ,espec ially with what I think was with PA a childish disgusting show of "Look who I got NC" at the Olympics.
Quote:

I like your thinking,style and elegance. We sure need you. Don't forget to come back to NC thread!! (smiles)
I want attempt to dispute anymore statements concerning this so delusional fairy tale romance between Albert and Nicole because as the above quote depicts, there are posters who need or want to hear those kinds of statements, regardless of any validity. Who am I to deny them this. I will only receive wrath instead of praises as the one displayed above when you say what they want or need to hear. I realize we all come to this message boards for particular reasons. This story drew me in.

Quote:
But I do not understand the level of the vitriol directed at NC on this thread
The above quote expressed sentiments of many posters in this thread towards anyone who dares to make non-positive comments about Nicole. You may not believe this, but I do not hold any vitriol towards her. Often, one’s feelings, intentions, sarcasm, tone of voice, and motivations are not accurately displayed through their written words (obviously difficult or impossible to be). I actually voice the things to myself that I write and I am now realizing from responses to my posts that I am very misunderstood. I am a strong champion of the power of women. I believe that women have an amazing sense of resilience. I believe that we hold the power to determine how the men in our lives will treat us. I believe that we should demand respect in relationships. I believe that we should carry ourselves with dignity and grace and people will treat us accordingly. I strongly believe that when we are confronted with men who do not treat us with the respect that we deserve, WE have the power to move on. I do not believe that a woman should base the success of her relationship with a disrespectful man on her attempts of changing him. I believe though our actions of not putting up with disrespectful crap will be a better method of changing men’s behaviors. I believe that women should teach their sons this at an early age. Of course, men have to get their acts together, but I do not believe that we should sacrifice our dignity while waiting for them to do this.
So, my comments about Nicole, Tamara, and Charlene are filtered through this belief system. Instead of the many posters who rant about Albert’s inexcusable actions, I tend to focus on these simple thoughts:

Imagine the difference if Nicole decided that she was worth more than just being a woman that a man spent time with in his bedroom while he paraded other women round in public. Or even more simple, imagine if Nicole believed that she was worth being in an exclusive relationship with a man. Imagine the difference if Nicole believed that maybe it actually does mean something if a man never told you he loved you (as she stated in her Paris Match interview that Albert never told her he loved her). Imagine the difference if she actually believed that a man does not respect you enough if he tells you he can only be friends with you after his father rebukes him for bringing you to a public function 9as Prince Rainer did when Albert brought Nicole to a state dinner).

Imagine the difference if Tamara (a married/separated woman) decided that she had more dignity than to have sex with a man within hours of meeting him (regardless if he was a rich prince). Or imagine if once she did decide to have sex, that she decided to protect herself from any possible disease from this man or a pregnancy since it’s her body that will be the recipient.

Of course you can say all this about Prince Albert. But, I believe that if the woman will be harmed by a man’s indiscretions then she has the power to change her action and behavior not his.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:33 AM
Aristocracy

IM not being mean to Nicole, but she could have handled this situation differently. I think she wanted to be acknowledged, magazine covers and all. In sum , Nicole's biggest problem is that she failed to reel in the "big fish," PA.

Closed Thread