The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
OK, I may be getting dramatic here, but Caro just won a UNICEF award for her work with children, right? Does she have a relationship with her nephew? I mean, does Alex see anyone in his family besides his mother? At his age, he is probably asking about his father. It breaks my heart.
Although she's my all-time favourite princess it was a very smart comment BurberryBrit.

Old 05-30-2006, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Most recent pictures of Alexandre and Nicole Coste at the seaside (CHI)

Old 05-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Serene Highness

Nicole looks a little better. Little Alex is a darling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastalia
Although she's my all-time favourite princess it was a very smart comment BurberryBrit.
I mean, it all starts at home, right? At what point does it become hypocrisy?
Old 05-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Courtier

Well, does the fact that one wants to help children mean he/she must have a bond with all the kids he/she has around? Alex is clearly not starving, so caro having or not (which we don't know) a realtionship with him has nothing to do with her humanitarian work, and probably a lot to do with her and Albert's relationship with Nicole. I agree that it would be nice if she had a nice relationship with the kid, but we're not even sure what Al's relation with him is...
Old 05-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Aristocracy

Tosca Thanks much for the pics. I can't decipher Italian and couldn't figure out the date. But it did say recent. Its good to see them. Thanks again.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
Well, does the fact that one wants to help children mean he/she must have a bond with all the kids he/she has around? Alex is clearly not starving, so caro having or not (which we don't know) a realtionship with him has nothing to do with her humanitarian work, and probably a lot to do with her and Albert's relationship with Nicole. I agree that it would be nice if she had a nice relationship with the kid, but we're not even sure what Al's relation with him is...
It takes more than money to raise a child. So the fact that Alex is "not starving" does not appease me. Money is the least that he deserves from PA. Alex deserves a relationship with his father, aunties, and cousins. I'm not saying he has to be waving from the balcony come National Day, but it would be cute to see Charlotte holding his hand or Andrea and Pierre teaching him how to play soccer. Maybe I'm just a sentimental fool.

I just wonder if they don't think about Alex at all.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Gentry

Quote:
It takes more than money to raise a child. So the fact that Alex is "not starving" does not appease me. Money is the least that he deserves from PA. Alex deserves a relationship with his father, aunties, and cousins. I'm not saying he has to be waving from the balcony come National Day, but it would be cute to see Charlotte holding his hand or Andrea and Pierre teaching him how to play soccer. Maybe I'm just a sentimental fool.

Life is very difficult and the fact that Nicole chose to have this child out of wedlock is going to be her cross to bear. Also, the poor little boy's. He will probably get financial support from PA, but no one can force the family to include him in their lives. I don't believe you will see him included in their lives, as that would complicate their stance on his rights in the family. It is sad for all concerned, but, of course, for the child mostly. I think the mother was very foolish to think he would be welcomed by the Grimadlis.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Aristocracy

It appears that Alexandre will not have the kind of relationship with his father, aunts and cousins that
we would want him too, but what about his relatives on his mother's side. I don't read anyone making a point
about Nicole spending time with her family. Why can't she take the kid to South America where his step-siblings supposedly are? Or, why can't she take him to Togo? Im sure she must have some relatives still there.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I agree with you, at least ideally, even if I know reality is very different and the relationships between adults greatly influence the lives of the children. What I meant is that Caro's relationship with Alex depends mainly on AL's relationship with his son, and has absolutely nothing to do with her charity: if there are problems in the family (and we don't know) this does not taint her charity efforts.

Kisses
Old 05-30-2006, 04:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
I agree with you, at least ideally, even if I know reality is very different and the relationships between adults greatly influence the lives of the children. What I meant is that Caro's relationship with Alex depends mainly on AL's relationship with his son, and has absolutely nothing to do with her charity: if there are problems in the family (and we don't know) this does not taint her charity efforts.
Kisses
I see what you're saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox6
Life is very difficult and the fact that Nicole chose to have this child out of wedlock is going to be her cross to bear. Also, the poor little boy's. He will probably get financial support from PA, but no one can force the family to include him in their lives. I don't believe you will see him included in their lives, as that would complicate their stance on his rights in the family. It is sad for all concerned, but, of course, for the child mostly. I think the mother was very foolish to think he would be welcomed by the Grimadlis.
I personally don't believe in abortion, so for me, there was no choice of whether or not she should have Alex. I know that not everyone thinks that way, however. . .Both were consenting adults so it is both their cross to bear. *sigh* I won't go down this road again. I just think it's unfair to say she deserves to be a single mother because she wanted Alex and he didn't. I am a spiritual/religious person and IMO God will not bless PA if he doesn't do right by Alex. I know these are probably inflamatory statements, but I believe right is right, and wrong is wrong. What goes around comes around.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:09 PM
Aristocracy

For some reason I just lost my post. Again. Sashajones You are so right about some things, but I suppose the most beef/complaint here is about the father relationship since this is the royal forum. First NC's other children are in South America with their French citizen father, who apparently recently went there to work or whatever from Paris. Next. I'm sure NC can/will take care of visits to her relatives.

But I simply wanted to remind people that the "Private" lawsuit PA just won was not for nought and probably was quite conclusive and ought,imo, be respected. Also in the GMA Oct.2005 interview"...[child] was my private business and was meant to be kept that way for a long time..." That also ought to be regarded and respected.

This I know: That longing (if its being done) wishing, adulating,etc for some thing or someone to perform is not conducive to the p syche for a self-important ego. And that constant approval and supplements is the way to go for a young mind and move on down the road.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:16 PM
Gentry

well i guess i can wait haha im new to the board and recently a new follower of the monaco family, i got in when i saw charlotte and lil alexandre..so hi everybody
Old 05-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Aristocracy

Alexandre and Nicole Coste Current Events Part 111

I agree with Burberrybrit, if Albert does not be the father that he should be to Alex he may be disappointed in his children in wedlock. I have watched this scenario take place over and repeatedly in my country. The men ignore their out of wedlock children or give them the required sustenance that the law allows, and when the child grows up and make them proud and outstripps the children in their house they are proud to say that this child is mine. Let us remember Shaquelle Oneil. His father got a rude awakening when he acknowledged him publicly- when he was a grown man. Shaq said that he did not see him when he was growing up so his stepfather is his father and it is him who he gave the present of a brand new BMW:)
Old 05-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamagirl
I agree with Burberrybrit, if Albert does not be the father that he should be to Alex he may be disappointed in his children in wedlock. I have watched this scenario take place over and repeatedly in my country. The men ignore their out of wedlock children or give them the required sustenance that the law allows, and when the child grows up and make them proud and outstripps the children in their house they are proud to say that this child is mine. Let us remember Shaquelle Oneil. His father got a rude awakening when he acknowledged him publicly- when he was a grown man. Shaq said that he did not see him when he was growing up so his stepfather is his father and it is him who he gave the present of a brand new BMW:)
Well, that happens all over the place, these guys out there have children and don't acknowledge them or abandon them (I'm not saying or implying Pa has abandoned anyone at all), then when the kid does something remarkable they guy wants to float into the picture so he can collect some money, recognition, credit or whatever.

imo, if Albert cannot be a father to Alex and he knows it, then best not play games with the child because the little one would become attached.

If all Albert can do is to provide very handsomely for Alex's upkeep (which he is doing) Alex will still be in a far better position than many, many, many others in this world and he does have his mother and her family.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
Most recent pictures of Alexandre and Nicole Coste at the seaside
Thanks a million Tosca.We see photos of them so rarely
Quote:
I mean, it all starts at home, right? At what point does it become hypocrisy?
Yes BurberryBrit,and you're not a sentimental fool.That's the way i see it too.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastalia
Thanks a million Tosca.We see photos of them so rarely
My pleasure,kids!:)
Old 05-31-2006, 04:43 PM
Aristocracy

Hey Burberry Re Expectations- I was speaking with someone the other day who told me that

"...If the big marriage occurs she would expect Nicole to come barging into MC blaming the new wife for her mate's derelect duties." My reply to her was that "...I expect Nicole to be far more virtuous and intelligent to do that if it came to that. And that I hoped she would dismiss all expectations, go with the flow and toss it to heaven. And that I hope she would continue with a good support system for Alex and also for herself a healthy social life."

I further would be lovely there might be another fabulous Bahama Dec trip in store. Alex would love that beach. We take what we can get when its given lovingly. I'm thinking of a wartime poem, I think is appropriate:

"The ship has weathered every wreck [major ones]. The prize you sought is won.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:41 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks Neat2912. I made the correction. Nicole's other two boys are in South America with their father and not South Africa. And, I agree with you Nicole needs to move on with her life. Maybe she will meet someone who will give her the happiness she deserves.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
OK, I may be getting dramatic here, but Caro just won a UNICEF award for her work with children, right? Does she have a relationship with her nephew? I mean, does Alex see anyone in his family besides his mother? At his age, he is probably asking about his father. It breaks my heart.
You have a point. I'm very happy about Caroline getting a UNICEF award - and it just follows that she should look after her own young relatives, probably not materially as Alex is well provided for but on other levels. But, er, familial complications (NC and PA II's sour relationship) probably prevent her from having a relationship with Alex. I can see her doing the right thing, though. Maybe not now, but definitely later on.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 05-31-2006, 11:28 PM
Royal Highness

Caroline seems always as an extremely affective mother to all her kids and, now, to her kids' partners. So I doubt she could be cold to little Alexandre. My guess is the obstacle could be the difficult relationship between Albert and his ex Nicole that prevents the kid from being closer to his father's family.
Maybe when he grows older and a little more independent we will finally see him hanging around with his first cousins.