The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
As I'm scrolling down to read I see you answered a question I had in my mind on who picked up the child's new name. I thought for a while it was with Albert's consent. You have read more interviews on them than me, is really bad for a former couple with a kid between them not to call each other by their names. If Albert uses 'she' to refeer to Nicole that means they are really angry at each other. After all, I think there is a saying about the closest thing to love is hate, or something on that tone.
well, I could certainly understand if he were not to speak to her again, she worked hard to get the child and the cash and everything else (except no Albert), so there would really be no need (imo).

I don't think hate would be a good description, I think Albert would have gotten over any bad feelings by now (hopefully she has also), and maybe he is completely indifferent on her but I would not know.

I'd say they learned a big lesson too on each other probably.

For him, he cannot expect that every woman would just leave when dismissed, no matter how easy it is made for them to simply go away. When they keep coming back, just say no. :p

For her -- one cannot expect to have a baby to keep a man, even if it is a prince and no matter how hard the pleading. Even if going to the press would embarrass him, if he does not want to be in a family, then forget it.:p

The still unfortunate part is that there will always be an innocent child in the middle. Not an easy situation at all (imo).

Old 05-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Gentry

Quote:
The woman who could have been anything but who is reduced (ha) to a meager apartment 20 miles AWAY from Monaco only to be seen at HIS convenience. The inconvenient woman of color, destined to be hidden in history...
I agree, just like Sally Hemmings

Anyways, I have no idea about this woman and her motives. It seems as if PA has no intention of marrying her, and hopefully she knows this (some women don't take no for an answer). I don't see him getting married, except to her, and that would be way down the road.

Old 05-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Aristocracy

Joy where in the world did you get that quote? You know about the villa in the south of France, don't you? Anyway, the lady has not only use of the apartment in Paris,but she can shuttle back and forth. Not bad, huh? The convenience thing I don't know. And I would imagine/hope she is not expecting at any time ever for marriage with Sir. I hope as Lillia said she has "moved on" and has found a propsecctive "step "for Alex, or will soon.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:40 PM
Aristocracy

Joy, it just dawned on me that someone is kidding in that quote with the 20 miles thing! I'm not very sharp on the uptake. Then the Sally Hemmings thing just struck me. So if you return to post, I guess it would be proper for me to ask what aspect of this case is similar to you to the Sally case. But I'll just state what I see would be a dissimilarity. Major and foremost is that the two people in question were two free, single people living in different locations. Maybe you're kidding about the Sally Hemmings thing too! But its dramatic to say the least. I hope the only person/persons remembering this young lady are/is her family and close friends.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:04 AM
Aristocracy

OK, I'm lost. What Sally Hemmings are you talking about? Are you talking about Sally Hemmings and Thomas Jefferson???
Old 05-20-2006, 06:53 AM
Serene Highness

There is an article in a German tabloid about a possible succession this week. Here is a link to the summary. http://www.aktuelle.de/aktuelle/cont...s.php?sid=2929
Old 05-20-2006, 07:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
There is an article in a German tabloid about a possible succession this week. Here is a link to the summary. http://www.aktuelle.de/aktuelle/cont...s.php?sid=2929
Paca,
I tried a translation service and I'm not sure how well it worked...
Does this article mean that a lawyer is saying that PA's son Alexandre has the right to the Grimaldi surname? At 21 Alexandre can claim the surname Grimaldi?
He can't claim a title though.....
Old 05-20-2006, 08:39 AM
Gentry

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by teense
Paca,
I tried a translation service and I'm not sure how well it worked...
Does this article mean that a lawyer is saying that PA's son Alexandre has the right to the Grimaldi surname? At 21 Alexandre can claim the surname Grimaldi?
He can't claim a title though.....
They saying he has the right to the Grimaldi name by law he can't use it Albert must give it to him him self.About being Prince of monaco That is not possible The parent must marry first Henry the V111 had a son out of wedlock he try very hard to make him his heir it did not work,but he made His son a duke historian say problble he would of susedded his father but he died before Henryv111. look what his children went through Mary and Elizaberth 1 they hard to fight for years to keep the crown king louie of France had many out of wedlock children He just gave them titlies I can a sure you Alex will not want too his life will be on the line Always From people who has a problem with his color some are right hear on this forum { if the shoe fit wear it }PA was worried about Nicole Having a boy that is what Nicole said. his fear must be funded by articles like this it look like Alex being a boy will cause this kind of problem for PA and any any legal child he will have in the future.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:44 AM
Serene Highness

It says in the summary that according to the French and Monegasques law, due to the public recognition, he would have a right to the name of Grimaldi at the age of 18 (he surely has a right to the nationality) and apparently the lawyer thinks that he would also have a right to the title. Considering the constitution though, he doesn't and unless it is changed, I don't see how that'll work. Besides he would have to find a judge who would even consider his case in Monaco and a court in France has no right (and I most certainly doubt that they would want to get invoved in this sort of thing) to decide who is going to be the head of another country. I think someone just wants to cash in on the poor kid. or keep the story in peoples minds. In any case, I wish for all parties involved, that some quiet will come to this. But I suppose until PA has legit children, there won't be an end to it.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Aristocracy

Oh Bless you-Pama and PACA. Both of you everything you said. Racism is huge everywhere. First and foremost the citizens in Monaco would not want an half/African head of state-no matter how wonderful and super he would be and I believe he will.

I'm hoping desperately for PA to get married and settle the heir thing. Alexandre seems so bright and alert. He doesn't deserve to live his life with somebody resenting him. He already has a good life set up and can do all kinds of wonderful deeds with and for people who will see his quality instead of half/African looks. His mother, I believe with her culture background still doesn't have a real grasp of racism, especially U.S. And there are a lot of them involved in this whole thing. As they THINK they own PA because of his mother.

And yes, up there re Sally Hemmings I assumed the poster meant that American pair. Isn't that wild!
Old 05-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It says in the summary that according to the French and Monegasques law, due to the public recognition, he would have a right to the name of Grimaldi at the age of 18 (he surely has a right to the nationality) and apparently the lawyer thinks that he would also have a right to the title. Considering the constitution though, he doesn't and unless it is changed, I don't see how that'll work. Besides he would have to find a judge who would even consider his case in Monaco and a court in France has no right (and I most certainly doubt that they would want to get invoved in this sort of thing) to decide who is going to be the head of another country. I think someone just wants to cash in on the poor kid. or keep the story in peoples minds. In any case, I wish for all parties involved, that some quiet will come to this. But I suppose until PA has legit children, there won't be an end to it.
I agree. Somebody would probably find any reason to make some money off the story. Personally, I thought the body of the discussion had been reduced to past events, but it seems the subject will always be swirling around out there. IMO, NC moved herself so close to Monaco because she wants to be as 'handy' as possible like she made herself before, and just as insistent and pushy as possible. IMO she will do anything to make herself part of that family, whether they approve of not she would try to stake her claim to social status thru the boy. I certanly do not see Albert marrying her, and I would be totally completely shocked if he ever did. Given her public behavior and what she confessed to have done privately, could anyone from Monaco ever imagine her for their princess? For any reason?
Old 05-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia

I agree. Somebody would probably find any reason to make some money off the story. Personally, I thought the body of the discussion had been reduced to past events, but it seems the subject will always be swirling around out there. IMO, NC moved herself so close to Monaco because she wants to be as 'handy' as possible like she made herself before, and just as insistent and pushy as possible. IMO she will do anything to make herself part of that family, whether they approve of not she would try to stake her claim to social status thru the boy. I certanly do not see Albert marrying her, and I would be totally completely shocked if he ever did. Given her public behavior and what she confessed to have done privately, could anyone from Monaco ever imagine her for their princess? For any reason?
You are so right. This is just a matter of a fling. He has or certainly did not have any idea that this would go further. The poor child is a "by-product". He does not fit into their scheme of things. I believe, PA, is a kind and decent person. Just as many other monarchs have had flings and then had "cast off" offspring, creating for them some title and world, it is not expected that he will jump into the line of succession. I am sure if the child were wholly caucasian, it would be the same thing. Sally Hemmings and Thomas Jefferson have nothing to do with this.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Commoner

I am somewhat perturbed by the manner in which Nicole is discussed on this board, relative to how PA is treated. I realize that everyone has their own view of her and him, and I respect that. But I think a few things are worth noting:

1. Unless someone knows otherwise, I don't think Nicole purchased that villa in the South of France. My guess is that PA had something to do with that super-high-priced real estate purchase. So it's not likely that only Nicole that wanted her situated there. I daresay PA could have had her located elsewhere in France--this is a man with power. I have no idea why PA didn't have her located elsewhere. But it does make one think!

2. If any other 48+ balding, heavyset man behaved as PA does most of us would have branded him as completely unacceptable. Let's see: (i) he has sired at least one child out of wedlock (and then blamed the child's mother--as if a billionaire has no access to birth control), (ii) he has another woman claiming he is the father of her daughter, (iii) he was accused by a third woman of fathering her child, but the claim turned out to be false--really, that is just too much right there! It's enough for a Maury Povich/Ricky Lake/Jerry Springer show! But people keep acting as if PA needs to marry a "suitable" woman. What in the world is so suitable about him?

3. No one stays with someone 5 years just for sex. The sex-honeymoon wears off much sooner.

4. Whatever Nicole said when she talked, keep in mind that she stayed out of the limelight for ~7 (read it again: ~7 years). Five when she was with PA, and almost 2 more AFTER Alex was born. No other woman PA was with kept anything secret for more than a month.

I do not condone her conduct with respect to the media, but the suggestion that she is unsuitable for someone like PA is something I find laughable. I think they are perfectly suited--of think of it this way--he is NO better than she is.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsophy
I am somewhat perturbed by the manner in which Nicole is discussed on this board, relative to how PA is treated. I realize that everyone has their own view of her and him, and I respect that. But I think a few things are worth noting:

1. Unless someone knows otherwise, I don't think Nicole purchased that villa in the South of France. My guess is that PA had something to do with that super-high-priced real estate purchase. So it's not likely that only Nicole that wanted her situated there. I daresay PA could have had her located elsewhere in France--this is a man with power. I have no idea why PA didn't have her located elsewhere. But it does make one think!

2. If any other 48+ balding, heavyset man behaved as PA does most of us would have branded him as completely unacceptable. Let's see: (i) he has sired at least one child out of wedlock (and then blamed the child's mother--as if a billionaire has no access to birth control), (ii) he has another woman claiming he is the father of her daughter, (iii) he was accused by a third woman of fathering her child, but the claim turned out to be false--really, that is just too much right there! It's enough for a Maury Povich/Ricky Lake/Jerry Springer show! But people keep acting as if PA needs to marry a "suitable" woman. What in the world is so suitable about him?

3. No one stays with someone 5 years just for sex. The sex-honeymoon wears off much sooner.

4. Whatever Nicole said when she talked, keep in mind that she stayed out of the limelight for ~7 (read it again: ~7 years). Five when she was with PA, and almost 2 more AFTER Alex was born. No other woman PA was with kept anything secret for more than a month.

I do not condone her conduct with respect to the media, but the suggestion that she is unsuitable for someone like PA is something I find laughable. I think they are perfectly suited--of think of it this way--he is NO better than she is.
HAHAHA amazing post! there are always two sides to everything, and everyone huh?
Old 05-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
That's very interesting. I forgot the detail on nationality. The child was born in France from a Togonese citizen, right? So his rights are based on French law more than Monaco's? Another question, is Nicole a French citizen?
Old 05-21-2006, 04:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:

I totally agree with everything you said, except maybe that if you see someone just a few days a month (and mainly in a different city than the one where you live) it can be just sex, or anyway little more than sex, and nothing to do with love. For everything else, WORD!
Old 05-21-2006, 06:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
That's very interesting. I forgot the detail on nationality. The child was born in France from a Togonese citizen, right? So his rights are based on French law more than Monaco's? Another question, is Nicole a French citizen?
No matter where the child is born and which Nationality the other parent has, nowadays every child descendent of a Monegasques has a right to claim Monegasque nationality. French law applies in France to everyone living in France no matter their nationality. As far as I know that is the case in all countries. In matters of custody a French court would have to decide, because his center of living and that of his mum are in France (so they can decide over custody and child support payments, nothing else). Where it comes to heritage (in regards to PA only of course)Monaco law applies, since it is where PA lives.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:28 AM
Gentry

Quote:

Waoh its like you were reading my mind. That is exactly what i feel. PA is definately not a suitable prince material. He falls under the same categorie with his girlfriends. And yes i have said it before too, they were together for five years. I don't think they were together after she got pregnant but had she not been pregnant, they would probably still be together. She messed up but so did he.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
I totally agree with everything you said, except maybe that if you see someone just a few days a month (and mainly in a different city than the one where you live) it can be just sex, or anyway little more than sex, and nothing to do with love. For everything else, WORD!
. I agree with you it it probably wasn't love, but like someone else said, just sex, I don't think would last for five years. They definately had something serious. Not marriage serious but serious enough for them to keep it going for so long. So much so that he was ok sleeping with her with no protection and by that i mean condom. Unless you are an idiot, you do not do that with someone you are just having sex with.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabilo
. I agree with you it it probably wasn't love, but like someone else said, just sex, I don't think would last for five years. They definately had something serious. Not marriage serious but serious enough for them to keep it going for so long. So much so that he was ok sleeping with her with no protection and by that i mean condom. Unless you are an idiot, you do not do that with someone you are just having sex with.
I am sure he found her attractive and as time passed he thought she would remain discreet. Good enough for a sex relationship. Who knows how many other woman there were, that haven't had babies and decided to become front page news. Look, many people, including my self, assumed he was gay. Now, I see that that was totally wrong. Whatever his reasons to have all these relationships and not look for the "correct" partner, none of us know. Princes Charles had a wife and having an affair was not a problem for him. It seems some men, many royals especially, think they can "have their cake and eat it, too". PA is no better or wose than they. He seems like a nice guy and when Nicole decided to have the baby, she must have known that he would be at odds with the situation. She has opened this can of worms publicly and now this poor little boy has his story splashed all about.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:37 PM
Aristocracy

It seems a few people are determined to overlook the fact that PA is the father and was determined to see that the child was comfortable,INCLUDING AND ESPECIALLY the villa. Some people need to read some people need to read some May,June,July and even September interviews with both NC and PA.

I wouldn't, some of you,put your convictions about possible current behavior of NC's. I don't imagine anyone has seen any news of her in months. It is now a year. Aren't some of you so eager to paint her as a ridiculously desperate nut, that you misuse some of the information given in interviews. And somebody, above said this will go on. Yes, but there have been some interesting takes on it,but some people, I don't know, hum drum,drone, drone,same, same.