The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 08:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
...And after reading about the Luxembourg child born out of wedlock and even Stephanie's kids, it seems like Alex is being shunned and it makes me wonder if the shame has anything to do with his race. It's fine that Alex is getting money and will never want for anything, but a boy needs a father. And if he's only seeing Alex in private, he will grow up to wonder why his father is hiding him. He may even grow up to feel inferior. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by pama
you are so right I do think he is ashame of him he is so good with stephanie kids You guys need to think about this and ask your self why he think Alex should be kept out of the puplic eye This is 2006 there is no more room for race to be a facter in todays world.
This is also such a tiring argument. I hate to even respond to it. You people act like you have never heard of a man being ashamed of an out of wedlock child before. I even know many women who have children out of wedlock and who go through bouts of shame. Let's use Europe for example, since this is Albert's world. Chirac, Mitterand, Prince Bernhard of the Netherland, and King Albert of Belgium are just a recent few high profile white European men that have had out of wedlock children and have hid them from the public. If you get your head out of the clouds and deal with reality, I'm sure you can think of other examples closer to your home where high profile men have kept children born outside of a marriage from the public view, especially if the child was conceived under the circumstances as in Alexandre.

Yes, you can use a whole bunch of negative adjectives to describe Albert's behavior towards Alexandre. I'm just sick and tired of people haphazardly labeling something as racist. You simply cannot compare the Louis and Tess to circumstances to Albert's and Nicole's. You need to compare apples to apples. Do you think if everything else about Nicole's character, the relationship, the conception, and the public outing was the same EXCEPT that Nicole was white that we will be seeing little Alexandre waving from the balcony? I doubt it.

Reality check. Read Nicole's own word in her Paris Match interview. Even with her best attempts, any sane person will conclude that she and Albert only had a sexual relationship. I don't know how old some of you are, but I have some years on me. so, I will give you a little advice, if you are dating a guy for five years and he does not introduce you to his family, he does not respect you enough to waste your time with him And, when he does inbtroduce you to his father and his father is displeased and then the guy tells you that you will have to be more discrete (i.e. hidden even more) ...then he does not respect you enough to waste your time with him. If you "forget" to take your birth control and you become pregnant and the guy wants nothing to do with you, he does not respect you enough to waste your time with him.

Nicole even realized that Albert felt nothing towards Alexandre. In her Paris Match interview she stated she kept asking him did he feel any bond yet. This really stuck out in my mind.

Throughout time, there have been aristocratic men who had their public relationships (wives, girlfriends, or fiancees) while they also had sexually relationships with women who were less socially acceptable in their circle, which they kept hidden. In Albert's case, Nicole was his hidden woman who was black. He never planned on marrying her nor having a child with her (I know..of course he should have used protection himself). Nicole even stated that Albert NEVER told her he loved her. Come on people, have any onf you dated anyone for five years who never loved you. This was not a love match. This was a man who was greedy with his relationships with women and toyed with their feelings. Now this time, he got played. As he dtated in an interview, he is still having a difficult time coming to terms with his unexpected fatherhood (I know...he's a grown man ..so he should get over it). Nevertheless, you are not going to see Albert parading little Alexande publically anytime soon. and, if alexandre was white, under these circumstances, I still think you wouldn't see Albert parading him around any time soon. I'm not saying never, just not now. This is not racism! This is immaturity.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Serene Highness

MyAdia,

no one is crying racism. However Alex's race is a factor that must be considered in why PA is not involved very much in his life.

BTW, if an argument is tiring to you there is no pressure for you to respond and overextend yourself. This is a forum for those who want to exchange ideas on those subjects they are not tired of talking about.

Old 04-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
And after reading about the Luxembourg child born out of wedlock and even Stephanie's kids, it seems like Alex is being shunned and it makes me wonder if the shame has anything to do with his race. It's fine that Alex is getting money and will never want for anything, but a boy needs a father. And if he's only seeing Alex in private, he will grow up to wonder why his father is hiding him. He may even grow up to feel inferior. . .
I think it has more to do with Albert's position than with race. The other cases you mention are both younger siblings whose children don't stand to succeed to a throne (at least, not unless large numbers of other people predecease them). They have the luxury of being able to acknowledge illegitimate children without having to worry about who is and isn't their heir.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

As Burberry Brit pointed out, nobody is forced to respond to messages. If they're tired of a subject, they're welcome to ignore it. If they're tired of another poster, they're welcome to keep their feelings to themselves. Don't make me delete any more posts.

Elspeth

Monaco moderator
Old 04-26-2006, 05:50 PM
Aristocracy

I got lost here, please forgive. I was apologizing to myself and to Alex's spirit for even presenting the subject. If there are admirers idolizers of other people well count me as one--I love Alexandre's personable,intelligent,alert sweet innocent look. Whatever and however and whoever is in his life--he'll be a fine human being. He has that destiny.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Gentry

i also agree that he should allow himself to be seen once in a while with him in public. I have asked this before, the poor boy is not even mentioned in his credentials on the official palace website. There is so much written about him yet it does not mention anywhere his own son. Now that is not right. Its like he is trying to tell nicole, "you may have gotten me but i will not give you that satisfaction". But most important is that alex will be the one hurt in the end. I cannot wait for him to grow up and see what the relationship mounts to then. I mean when he is old enough to do all those things his father enjoys to do.
Quote:
I think that if he had more of a public relationship with his son, people would maybe let the issue go...
Old 04-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I think it has more to do with Albert's position than with race. The other cases you mention are both younger siblings whose children don't stand to succeed to a throne (at least, not unless large numbers of other people predecease them). They have the luxury of being able to acknowledge illegitimate children without having to worry about who is and isn't their heir.
Yes, I agree. I never meant to suggest that race was the only factor. Because I don't think the Grimaldi's are in any way racist. But my mind does wonder if that is perhaps a part of the reason. . .since other people might disapprove.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Courtier

Thank you Suonymona and MyAida for your eloquent and realistic statements on this topic. However painful it is to admit or accept, the relationship that a man has with the mother of his child can affect and often determines what kind of relationship he's going to have with that child. The way Nicole became pregnant and then outed her son and his father in PM has made the situation unbearable for PA who's known to dislike confrontation. He doesn't want to deal with her if he doesn't trust her and even despises her. Therefore, he's not going to have a proper relationship with his son. That's the way it is. Nicole has made the choice to be a media spectacle and make any contact between Albert and Alex an uncomfortable, public and circus atmosphere. This on top of the fact that he didn't want to become a father at this time in the first place.

Tessy Anthony and her family have conducted themselves in an entirely different way. She has not sought to embarrass Prince Louis or his family. She behaves in an appropriate and dignified manner for such a young girl. She is about her child and his welfare, not gaining publicity and a title for herself or baby Gabriel. I actually hope they do get married one day in the future when her and Louis have finished school.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Yes, I agree. I never meant to suggest that race was the only factor. Because I don't think the Grimaldi's are in any way racist. But my mind does wonder if that is perhaps a part of the reason. . .since other people might disapprove.
Another thing is that Alex lives with his mother who is a commoner (even though she wants to be a royal and live in the palace, imho). The boy does not live with Albert. Steph's children are with her and therefore one would see them in public and in royal functions more often, because of Steph's position as a royal herself. Of course, PA could have some visitation, if he wanted to -- but since he has already said things are difficult between him and the mother it would not be pleasant, especially since the mother has tried (imo) to fence him in and force him to play daddy role in her 'accidental' family situation. She even insisted on having a house very near Monaco because she wanted to live near Albert (she said so in her interview). No one could appreciate being forced into such a situation, even if they are a billionaire. Albert seems not to like anybody trying to force him to do things that he does not want to do. No matter what the reason.

I cannot imagine anyone who would respond nicely to something like that given the circumstances.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabilo
i also agree that he should allow himself to be seen once in a while with him in public.
Alex is a oups, an accident that his lovely mother planned on PA so she could get him attached to her. PA was forced to admit him in his life and said that Alex was part of his private life, not his public one. So no we ain't gonna seen the two of them together.

Quote:
I have asked this before, the poor boy is not even mentioned in his credentials on the official palace website. There is so much written about him yet it does not mention anywhere his own son. .
I do not see the need for a sovereign to put the credentials of his illegitimate son on his website. The boy is not legit. This is real life: two consenting adults had hot casual sex for years, the man breaks up, the woman begs for one last night of lust and oups on that occasion gets pregnant. In a fairytale book he changes his mind and he's thrilled about the baby, they marry, she gives him many more kids and wears diamonds every day. In real life: he acknowledges the kid but she doesn't become a princess.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Aristocracy

The "server" thing just ate my blurb. I guess.

Some main points were that I think we all have to accept the fact that Alex's father is totally in charge of his domain and his part of Alex's life and that balcony or not Alex is just fine And that's perfectly my concern:

Alex has totally capable mother taking care of him and

that his father made financial arrangements for him early-when he learned of his possible arrival. And

Because of constant comments on this subject, I saw in a piece that He (the father) made the suggestion to move him (the child) nearby when he became ill (I hope the journalist will bear me out on this because I care little.)
Old 04-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Aristocracy

I need to say something else that might well get the scissors but that's ok. I'll chance it. I guess you have rights as posters. And the Admin does eliminate some comments you makr. But it astounds me Some of you people make pretty hard (for lack of an acceptable word) criticism about a certain subject. But I have a right to get risky: I wonder if there is any high profile person who would have handled this differently. --So help me til the day I die I will.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Commoner

He still is his legit son. No matter how he came to be. He's a human being & should be treated as such, not as some unwanted thing.

I still don't understand why PA can't see him son w/o Nicole being around. Are arrangements like that not done in Paris/MC>
Old 04-28-2006, 12:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT FOG?
He still is his legit son. No matter how he came to be. He's a human being & should be treated as such, not as some unwanted thing.

I still don't understand why PA can't see him son w/o Nicole being around. Are arrangements like that not done in Paris/MC>
I would think being around Nicole, even one year later, would be difficult for Albert. She betrayed his trust not once but twice: first by getting pregnant and then not honoring his wishes to let him deal with the situation from the offensive rather than the defensive.

Albert has said in the past that he wants a private relationship with his son but there are some issues with this relationship. Albert probably doesn't have as much flexibility in his schedule anymore and Nicole could make it potentially difficult for them to be together. I can understand that Albert would want to protect Alex's privacy for security reasons as well as for personal ones. The dueling accounts in the press will eventually come out again when Alex gets old enough to understand. Adolesence which is never easy for anyone and can you imagine your peers showing you stories where your mother documents how she got herself pregnant to hold on to Albert (or out of revenge for a potential engagement to Alicia) and how she said your father said get an abortion? And your father admits, he wasn't thrilled at the prospect of fatherhood? It boggles my mind...

Yes, you see Camille at family and official functions, but Stephanie never talked publicly about the circumstances around her conception or paternity which is really quite smart. Keeping Alex in the background has less to do with race and illegitimacy than it does with the relationship between his parents and the circumstances around his arrival in the world. JMO
Old 04-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Royal Highness

Any new pictures on the kid?
Old 04-28-2006, 01:23 AM
Courtier

Outside of papparazzi shots, I doubt there will be more 'official' photos for quite some time.

Ann
Old 04-28-2006, 03:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I have asked this before, the poor boy is not even mentioned in his credentials on the official palace website. There is so much written about him yet it does not mention anywhere his own son. .
have you seen the "illegitimate" child of King Albert II (coincidence? ) of Belgium? Not, it's just not the way it is, no matter how unfair:(
Old 04-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT FOG?

Thank you, I quite agree. We all (or at least most of us) believe NC did indeed trap him. Not that he could not have been more careful so he is to blame too. However the child is here no matter what. He is almost three years old and he should be able to see him without NC around and hopefully he already does. I really hope he does.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Aristocracy

Jabillo, Pink Lady, its going to be allright. The future can be forgiving. I have to have some healing thoughts:

Meanwhile in Alex's Blessed villa overlooking the beautiful Mediterranean. Le petit quell heure est-il la? Dormez-vous? Est ce que vous jardin aujourdhui? Avez-vous vegetals et fleurs belles? Est ce que la voit un grand oiseau noir,aujourdhui,le crow? Des oiseaux bleus? Pour demain. Et maintenant bonuit.

French 102 trans: Little one, what time is it there? Are you asleep? Did you work in your garden today? Do you have vegatables and pretty flowers? Did you see a large black bird called the crow today? Some blue birds? Till tomorrow,then. Goodnight
Old 04-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop
Alex is a oups, an accident that his lovely mother planned on PA so she could get him attached to her. PA was forced to admit him in his life and said that Alex was part of his private life, not his public one. So no we ain't gonna seen the two of them together.

I do not see the need for a sovereign to put the credentials of his illegitimate son on his website. The boy is not legit. This is real life: two consenting adults had hot casual sex for years, the man breaks up, the woman begs for one last night of lust and oups on that occasion gets pregnant. In a fairytale book he changes his mind and he's thrilled about the baby, they marry, she gives him many more kids and wears diamonds every day. In real life: he acknowledges the kid but she doesn't become a princess.
I totally agree! I do not see any reason for PA to put any bio or updates about Alexandre on his official website. What does it matter anyway? He has claimed the boy as his son and has arranged for him to live a far more comfortable life (his mother too) with probably more advantages than many, many people would ever get in this world. His will have no wants for anything ever, neither will his mother, ever. Except she will probably continue to want and sit in wait for Albert. If he is visiting the boy, then that's his own business too. Except I can believe that is also exactly what the mother demands, that PA have a strong relationship with Alex, a back-door way to PA. Since she could not get him to be attached to her for her own sake, she tried to keep him using sex (he went along with it, obviously). Then when she knew he was not going to keep having relations with her, she opened the way to get pregnant, imo, to keep PA a part of her life. She did not want to let go of the relationship, she did not want him to move on so she allowed herself to get pregnant, imo, hoping that the baby would keep him coming back.

Well, she certainly got paid for all her hard work, didn't she? Nice house, lots of cash, the car, never have to work again, $1 billion euro for Alex as an inheritance, her other two sons will never have to worry about anything becuase she can give them lots of things and solid education, and so on. I even read a set of interviews that said NC was using Alex's relationship to PA to gain special treatment for herself (as the mother of the son of a head-of-state, of course).

The only thing missing from her deal is Albert and the title 'princess'.

Oh well, that's how life goes sometimes...

I don't see any need for PA to even attempt to trot Alex out to the public for any reason. Let the kid live in peace.

Closed Thread