Alexandre & Nicole Coste Current Events 2 : Dec.2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyra said:
Nicole Coste's ex-husband and her 2 other sons moved to South America. They were living in France up until Nicole went to the media about Albert being Alex's father.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandre_Coste

First of all ANYBODY can write or edit an entry in Wikipedia. So, it does not mean it is a truthful source. People are aware that Wikipedia is a popular source for Internet users, so people tend to update these entry to give the slant they want. It's interesting how this writer was bias towards the succession entry for little Alexandre (I guess as a child he does not have much to say about himself now :) and harped on the notion that he may one day be prince. With alexandre comes Nicole and I am sure Albert knows no one in Monaco would like to say her presiding in the Princely Palace.

If Nicole's ex-husband has moved to South America, kudos to him. All along I said he seemed like a great parent who decided to put the interest of his children before his own and keep his children out of the media. Perhaps Nicole should take heed and follow his example. Do you think that Nicole will move to South America so that her older two sons can be nearer than mother? I don't think albert would mind if little Alex moved to South America.

Last edited:
Neat2912 said:
Lady Elspeeth and Warren with all due respect. There is a lot of wild speculation-extremely. I am very sorry but there is. And if someone chooses to be careful of how they delve into someone else's life. Please allow them. They should have the right to abstain without being accused of approving of misconduct.There are things said here-that deal with interworkings of the mind of an individual-who can see into there?

This thread is for NC and Alex-There was a violent attack re out-of-wedlock children and their treatment-how do we know with a new monarch. Truth?speculation? fantasy? But I'm done here, I saw something exciting I want to move forward with.

This is truly a mission for you - stopping ANY kind of negative post of this woman. It seems very personal. No one has to look into the inter-mind of Nicole. SHE, herself expressed her intentions, behavior, and attitude to the would in numerous first hand interviews. So, please understand in a public forum (as this messageboard) people can and do comment on such public figures. I do believe if it were up to you NOTHING remotely negative could be posted and you would only allow posts such as the weird utterance of messages that you send to Nicole and Alex. You yourself have nothing positive to say about her.

Neat2912 said:
I, yesterday, joined the congratulatory group of TBRC in her new position. To see those initials have meant to me excellence in photography and joyful imaging. And maybe we'll soon see a spritey PA accompanied by his chosen happiness. And maybe we (my mate and I) will see our little international idol for his August birthday and how he has grown.

And what if you don't? Thus far, we have not seen any "joyful imaging" of a "Spritey PA" and "his chosen happiness". Maybe Albert still has not yet to come terms with his UNCHOSEN happiness. Maybe if or when he does, it will remain in his private life, as he so stated his desires on several interviews - for the child to be a part of his private life. Geez, please take off these rosy colored glasses that you are seeing Alex's conception and birth through and pray that his future with his father can take a different path.

Why I post about Nicole

My entrance into the world of royalty started when read New York Times article dated July 7, 2005 Thursday, titled “Prince of Monaco Acknowledges Son by French-Togolese Woman.” This was the first time I ever heard of Prince Albert. I knew of Princess Grace, but I never followed the lives of her children. The first paragraphed caught my attention and intrigued me, especially the part about the fairy tale. I am a sucker for love stories and fairy tales.

In what is either a fairy tale come true or a true confession of an expensive indiscretion, Prince Albert II of Monaco on Wednesday officially recognized paternity of a boy born to a French-Togolese woman nearly two years ago, automatically conferring on the boy the eventual rights to a thick slice of his billion-dollar fortune.

A little further down the NYT writer described the relationship as this:

Ms. Coste, 33, was born to a merchant in Togo and came to France to study when she was 17. She was a flight attendant for Air France when Prince Albert, a passenger, asked for her phone number. The love affair that ensued lasted several years until, according to her, Prince Albert's father intervened. She says Alexandre was conceived when she and the prince briefly reunited to celebrate her 31st birthday.

I was really impressed that a rich European had a “love affair that ensued several years” with his African love. I wanted to know more about this love affair that was almost caught short by his father. It seemed that fate was on their side when the lovers caught together and conceived Alexandre. This article was very supportive of Nicole’s account of the relationship. Then the below paragraph raised my suspicion that maybe this is not quite the fairy take I hoped.

Ms. Coste lives in the prince's two-bedroom apartment in the upscale 16th Arrondissement in Paris and will have use of a house on the French Riviera, half owned by Prince Albert and half by his son, Mr. Vaconsin said. But he said she needs more space to accommodate her two other children, from a previous marriage. Those children now live nearby with their father. The prince's statement, released by Mr. Lacoste, said, ''His Serene Highness Sovereign Prince Albert II of Monaco'' was ''stunned'' by the Paris-Match photo spread showing him holding and feeding young Alexandre. Last month, a court awarded the prince 50,000 euros, about $60,000, in damages after he sued Paris-Match, alleging invasion of privacy.

The statement said the prince deplored the fact that the revelation was made within days of his father's death.

Regardless, my interest in these two lovers was sown. After googling Ms. Coste, I came across several message boards and links to her Paris Match and L’Express interview. My fairy tale account of the prince, his African lover, and his love child soon faded. Further direct quotes from Prince Albert clearly erased any notions of a fairy tale union that I was holding. Unlike a core group of admirers of Nicole, I saw this story as the below New York Times writer (dated 10 Sept 2005) and Prince Albert saw it as.

''It was a very difficult moment for me,'' he said with characteristic understatement, adding that he is still ''coming to terms'' with the unintended fatherhood. When asked if he believed he was tricked into having a child, as the mother's account suggested, he was unflinching. ''Yes, I think I was set up,'' he said.

No one has to re-write Nicole’s life in this forum to comment on this situation (or need a medical license in psychiatry). She already wrote it; some people just cannot or refuse to read it as it was written.

Oh, I should add that journalist Craig S. Smith wrote both NYT arrticles. I guess he, like I, got a better picture of the true relationship after his first encounter with this story. His second article was based on an interview he conducted with Prince Albert in Monaco. Unlike his first article, he dropped the notion of any fairy tale relationship in his second article - the words are not even mentioned.

I happen to know the person who rewrote the wiki entry. They deliberately the "Prince Eric" line in because of a dispute over his name. While the article is labelled Alexander Coste, he is referred to as Eric Alexander throughout as well as in the section of PA's article about him.

They were stressing the fact that his name is Eric, no matter what Nicole calls him to the press; that if he were to become Prince (which is also stressed in the article by PA's own quotes as never ever likely), his name would be as it is legally now-Eric. My understanding is that given what PA has said, they believe he will never be Prince but that they did not note that personal opinion unsupported.

The article IS balanced. It was discussed in the wiki admins board. If it were not, it would be tagged for bias and a rewrite requested.

Yes, nearly anyone can write for Wikipedia, but some of the more popular and/or controversial articles are limited to registered users who have experience. You can see who wrote/edited the article and what they added/deleted since the article was created by clicking the page history link at the top.

Anyone can give an opinion of Nicole, Eric, Albert or any Royals on this board. But in this age of media-need-to-know, outright speculation is dangerous. There are enough confusing [verbal] 'images' from what the persons involved have said, lets not create our own 'fanfiction' to 'support' our opinions.

I think your thoughts about Nicole and the circumstances of Eric's conception are interesting MyAdia. But they are not fact. Neither is any of the "negative speculation" that has appeared on this thread. None of us truly knows what happened. Even the two involved cannot agree. Will this stop us from opining and discussing? Certainly not.
TRF needs to be fair in allowing for opinions from all angles while keeping rampant speculation to minimum for its own safety. Legalities could literally destroy this place. The only true bias is not letting anything stand that would let that happen.

Ann

I found the Wikipedia profile on Alex Coste balanced as well. The last sentence that read Albert would "review the situation" if he never married and had children was in fact uttered by him on Larry King last year, which was, imo, an uninformed and weakling answer about his own country's constitution and its line-of-succession. He could have easily said that Caroline is first-in-line followed by her children. He couldn't find the words and his own lack of stamina and strength has contributed to the confusion surrounding whether little Alexandre would ever be placed in line to the Monegasque throne. Monaco would have to go through 17 people before the principality runs out of heirs. Albert is deserving of NC and the bad situation he finds himself in for running around with the most unsuitable women he can find on the planet, imo, of course.

Last edited:
Suonymona said:
I happen to know the person who rewrote the wiki entry. They deliberately the "Prince Eric" line in because of a dispute over his name. While the article is labelled Alexander Coste, he is referred to as Eric Alexander throughout as well as in the section of PA's article about him.
Suonymona said:
They were stressing the fact that his name is Eric, no matter what Nicole calls him to the press; that if he were to become Prince (which is also stressed in the article by PA's own quotes as never ever likely), his name would be as it is legally now-Eric. My understanding is that given what PA has said, they believe he will never be Prince but that they did not note that personal opinion unsupported…
Ann

I really need to stay out of this thread; I am trying to view this thread with logic and it's driving me crazy. Do you understand what it means to be slanted? Your explanation above confirmed my original "speculation" noted in my post about the new Wiki entry. It was so obvious to me after reading what the author's intention was.

Suonymona said:
Anyone can give an opinion of Nicole, Eric, Albert or any Royals on this board. But in this age of media-need-to-know, outright speculation is dangerous. There are enough confusing [verbal] 'images' from what the persons involved have said, lets not create our own 'fanfiction' to 'support' our opinions.

I think your thoughts about Nicole and the circumstances of Eric's conception are interesting MyAdia. But they are not fact. Neither is any of the "negative speculation" that has appeared on this thread…
Ann

I think people are confusing the concepts "opinion" and “outright speculation” A speculation is a post expressing a belief or conjecture based on no or incomplete evidence. An opinion is a personal belief or judgment held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge. So for example, if one reads personal direct statements and accounts of a situation given by a person such as Ms. Coste and one comments on those direct statements and in a public forum such as a royal message board – that is an OPINION. A post where one tries to predict Ms. Coste next course of action not based on any evidence is a speculation.

So for example, if Nicole states in an interview that she became pregnant because she forgot take one birth AFTER the last time that she had sex with Prince Albert and I make comments that questions her assertions because of the timing of this forgetfulness and a little knowledge of birth control pills (please read how birth control pills work), this is an OPINION. Furthermore, when Prince Albert HIMSELF, and journalist Craig Smith, and a WHOLE BUNCH of other people also question this and then comment – this is an OPINION and not speculation.

Suonymona said:
None of us truly knows what happened. Even the two involved cannot agree. Will this stop us from opining and discussing? Certainly not.
Ann

Actually, that statement isnot true. There is one person who does truly knows what happen about the conception – Nicole Coste. She has presented herself and gave detailed accounts of what happened. She told the world (in the Paris Match interview) how she called Albert several times to ask him to celebrate her birthday with him. she stated that he was several hours late that night. She stated that she forgot to take her nbirth control pill (in an elaborate story). I don't have to SPECULATE about how he was conceived. She told me. I just opined and chose not to believe everything she said and questioned her "forgetfulness". It seems I wasn't alone, so did Prince Albert I might add.

Last edited:
Laviollette said:
I found the Wikipedia profile on Alex Coste balanced as well. The last sentence that read Albert would "review the situation" if he never married and had children was in fact uttered by him on Larry King last year, which was, imo, an uninformed and weakling answer about his own country's constitution and its line-of-succession. He could have easily said that Caroline is first-in-line followed by her children. He couldn't find the words and his own lack of stamina and strength has contributed to the confusion surrounding whether little Alexandre would ever be placed in line to the Monegasque throne. Monaco would have to go through 17 people before the principality runs out of heirs. Albert is deserving of NC and the bad situation he finds himself in for running around with the most unsuitable women he can find on the planet, imo, of course.

I have to differ with you on this statement, Laviollette. Albert has the right and the ability to change the Constitution and the line-of-succession by "adopting" his son. Should something happen in the future, should he change his mind that he wants an heir (this is in reference to the financial inheritance that Alex is entitled to) to also inherit the throne, he has wiggle room. Ultimately succession is a family issue and the Grimaldis have been famous for their rows and challenges to the throne. (Let's just hope that's all in the past.) I agree, on many occasions, Albert has made statements on a variety of subjects that left open a lot of room for questioning; however in this situation, I'm sure Albert has been warned that should he never marry and father a legitimate child, there could be a Constitutional challenge albeit it's unlikely. You are right, there are 17 legitimate heirs before Alex would even be considered at this time. I get the impression Albert is the type of person who sees all of the gray areas of a situation which is why he falls into some of his blunders. (I bet he can be a bit of a policy wonk too...)

MyAdia said:
Actually, that statement isnot true. There is one person who does truly knows what happen about the conception – Nicole Coste. She has presented herself and gave detailed accounts of what happened. She told the world (in the Paris Match interview) how she called Albert several times to ask him to celebrate her birthday with him. she stated that he was several hours late that night. She stated that she forgot to take her nbirth control pill (in an elaborate story). I don't have to SPECULATE about how he was conceived. She told me. I just opined and chose not to believe everything she said and questioned her "forgetfulness". It seems I wasn't alone, so did Prince Albert I might add.

I have to admit, anyone who read that Paris Match article, who knows how to use the pill effectively, realizes that the pregnancy was a "calculated mistake." Missing one pill can't get you pregnant particularly if you realize this in time and take two when you go to count them or if you go back to taking them as prescribed. For someone who had been taking the pill for a long time, she suddenly got very forgetful. (I believe she also "forgot" her pills in France when she went on a transatlantic flight to NY for a few days -- per the PM interview). I don't believe Nicole was evil or malicioius -- just angry and desperate.

pinklady1991 said:
I have to differ with you on this statement, Laviollette. Albert has the right and the ability to change the Constitution and the line-of-succession by "adopting" his son. Should something happen in the future, should he change his mind that he wants an heir (this is in reference to the financial inheritance that Alex is entitled to) to also inherit the throne, he has wiggle room. Ultimately succession is a family issue and the Grimaldis have been famous for their rows and challenges to the throne. (Let's just hope that's all in the past.) I agree, on many occasions, Albert has made statements on a variety of subjects that left open a lot of room for questioning; however in this situation, I'm sure Albert has been warned that should he never marry and father a legitimate child, there could be a Constitutional challenge albeit it's unlikely. You are right, there are 17 legitimate heirs before Alex would even be considered at this time. I get the impression Albert is the type of person who sees all of the gray areas of a situation which is why he falls into some of his blunders. (I bet he can be a bit of a policy wonk too...)
Sure Albert can change the constitution for his illegitimate son to succeed him in whatever way he chooses to do this, whether adoption, appointment or election. My point was that according to the current constitution and by current law, he cannot adopt Alex and there is no allowance currently in the law for him, due to his illegitimate status, to be placed in the line-of-succession. The same fumbling ocurred in Albert's interview with Diane Sawyer on GMA. In a barely audible voice, he said "that's not how it's going to be handled" when Diane asked him 'why not just change the law' to allow Alex to succeed him. She then accused him of racism. He didn't have the backbone, imo, to tell her that MC's constitution, laws and line-of-succession was none of her business or that of any American, and that she had obviously not done her research on this issue or else she would know that illegitimate children, whether black, purple, orange or green, do not get a number in line to any throne, anywhere. Again, he failed to say that Caroline was first-in-line after him and then her son, Andrea.

Last edited:
pinklady1991 said:
I have to admit, anyone who read that Paris Match article, who knows how to use the pill effectively, realizes that the pregnancy was a "calculated mistake." Missing one pill can't get you pregnant particularly if you realize this in time and take two when you go to count them or if you go back to taking them as prescribed. For someone who had been taking the pill for a long time, she suddenly got very forgetful. (I believe she also "forgot" her pills in France when she went on a transatlantic flight to NY for a few days -- per the PM interview). I don't believe Nicole was evil or malicioius -- just angry and desperate.

I agree, pinklady, desperate to find any reason under the sun for Albert to have her and be a part of her life somehow. He wasn't requesting her company anymore, he never told her he loved her (she herself said all that), she even plainly said that when he would come to Paris he was visiting his friends, but in her whole entire story she never once said he actually went anywhere to visit specially with her. In my opinion, someone who absolutely wanted nothing to do with more children would not have left the door so widely open. It was always her doing all the work to get to him and then running after him and making all efforts to travel to be where he was (based strictly on what she said in her interviews with PM and Le Point).

IMO, she had at the very least a motive and the intention to a find reason to try to capture him with an obligation so he could not just float away so easily and completely. Based on what she said, it was her own pushing and finding reasons why he needed to be around her and it was all her maneuvering for everything. Even though he clearly was not turning her away, her story described that he was not coming freely toward her either. While she said their interaction was only once a month, I would not want to make life plans on a man who was acting so lukewarm for such a long stretch of time, prince or not. :) But today all of that is old news, as everyone knows.

I wonder how NC reacted to those stories and pictures about Albert's new girlfriend (well, maybe I shouldn't wonder this type of thing out loud) :) :p

Last edited:
I think we should start posting information on NC that are more current. I am looking forward for a new picture of her and Alex.It is really sad people will paint her new house with bad words If the Philly story is true PA is not faithfull to any woman.

Laviollette said:
Again, he failed to say that Caroline was first-in-line after him and then her son, Andrea.

I wonder, does Caroline want the throne? Does she want Andrea to succeed? Since she didn't give them titles (actually, I dunno if she could or chose not to) it makes me wonder if she doesn't just want them to lead normal lives.

pama said:
I think we should start posting information on NC that are more current. I am looking forward for a new picture of her and Alex.It is really sad people will paint her new house with bad words If the Philly story is true PA is not faithfull to any woman.

Actually, I pray that she never gives another interview or "photo spread". It will be in her best interest because I doubt if ANY of her interviews endeared her more to the public in which she has been trying to win over. She mentioned in the Paris Match iinterview that one of the reasons she was going public was so that her two sons could be proud of her. I doubt that she accomplished that goal if their father moved them to South America. Actually, this is the relationship she needs to worry about.

Please Ms. Coste, bask in the wonderful luxuries that you have recieved and enjoy your beautiful child by raising him out of the public view. He is not part of Monaco's "royal family" as define by the court.

Just my opinion.

BurberryBrit said:
I wonder, does Caroline want the throne? Does she want Andrea to succeed? Since she didn't give them titles (actually, I dunno if she could or chose not to) it makes me wonder if she doesn't just want them to lead normal lives.
Whether Caroline wants the throne or not or whether she wants Andrea to succeed her or Albert doesn't matter. They are still first and second-in-line to the throne and Albert should have said that and he should have said it forcefully. That's what defending your country and your family is about. It was the usual weak, stumbling and unimpressive answer he gives about subjects he should know about. But after all, he's been cavorting with Nicole and other women like her. They have contributed nothing to his personal growth. Imo, NC and her ilk have contributed to Albert's lack of morality and respect for women -- by his own choice. And the fact that NC forced him to make a public admission about Alexandre is just bizarre. It shows his weakness. He didn't have to do anything but provide financial support and didn't have to make an admission until he felt like it. Rainier wouldn't have been pushed around this way by anyone.

I see what you're saying. I didn't see the interview (I didn't get into royalty until later last year) but I wonder if he said that because in his mind, he wants to be able to do whatever he wants. And if he already knows that Caro doesn't want her children to succeed maybe he at that point had hopes for a legitimate heir. Who knows. . .I have no idea how PA feels about his son since we never see evidence of them together. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but we don't say it. For all we know, he could be head over heels for the boy and plotting to change the laws. I know, I know, highly unlikely though.

Laviollette said:
It was the usual weak, stumbling and unimpressive answer he gives about subjects he should know about. But after all, he's been cavorting with Nicole and other women like her. They have contributed nothing to his personal growth. Imo, NC and her ilk have contributed to Albert's lack of morality and respect for women -- by his own choice. And the fact that NC forced him to make a public admission about Alexandre is just bizarre. It shows his weakness. He didn't have to do anything but provide financial support and didn't have to make an admission until he felt like it. Rainier wouldn't have been pushed around this way by anyone.

Actually, I think it showed his strength and morailty. Nicole stated in her Paris Match interview Albert signed the birth documents and that she believed that he would come forward out of respect for her (again her haughtiness). I doubt it. He showed her throughout the relationship, during the pregnancy, and after her outing, just jow much he respects her. I think any weak man could have not acknowledged his child. It took more courage to stand up and face the international humiliation. I respect him for that part.

Nicole knew what type of man Albert was; she stated that she was doing it to appeal to Albert's kindness of his heart. She knew eventually he would acknowledge Alexandre. Don't look at it as a weakness of Albert. I think in the long run each person will get their just rewards.

MyAdia said:
Actually, I think it showed his strength and morailty. Nicole stated in her Paris Match interview Albert signed the birth documents and that she believed that he would come forward out of respect for her (again her haughtiness). I doubt it. He showed her throughout the relationship, during the pregnancy, and after her outing, just jow much he respects her. I think any weak man could have not acknowledged his child. It took more courage to stand up and face the international humiliation. I respect him for that part.

Nicole knew what type of man Albert was; she stated that she was doing it to appeal to Albert's kindness of his heart. She knew eventually he would acknowledge Alexandre. Don't look at it as a weakness of Albert. I think in the long run each person will get their just rewards.
I didn't say he was weak for acknowledging his child. I said he was weak for allowing NC to decide when he would say publicly that he and her had a child together. I said he was weak for not stating to DS on GMA or Larry King on his show that Caro and her son are his heirs, whether they want it or not, whether he changes the law for Alexandre to succeed him or not.

Laviollette said:
I didn't say he was weak for acknowledging his child. I said he was weak for allowing NC to decide when he would say publicly that he and her had a child together. I said he was weak for not stating to DS on GMA or Larry King on his show that Caro and her son are his heirs, whether they want it or not, whether he changes the law for Alexandre to succeed him or not.

Albert told NC (per the PM interview and per PA) that he would come forward with a statement about Alex after the three months of mourning was over. She and her cousins panicked b/c they wouldn't be in charge of the story and it would have all probably blown over in a week or so. Albert kept his word; Nicole went public one month after Rainier's death knowing that he couldn't respond until July. She controlled the story then.

Right now, I don't think that most people really care about the line of succession and "heirs" to most people means financial. Per French law, if Albert has no other children, Alex is entitled to 50% of his estate. How the remainder is spent is up to Albert. Rainier left a specific dollar amount to Caroline, the apartment in Paris, and a farm in the countryside. Stephanie was left $50,000/month for the rest of her life and the apartment in New York. Albert was left the rest. I'm sure there is more to the will than this, but the throne is decided by Constitutional law; the prince has influence but there is a line of succession. For the time being it is Caroline, Andrea, Pierre, et al. There is no doubt in Albert's mind that he will marry and the line of succession will change. He probably assumes that the less he says the better; if he were to say that right now the heir presumptive is Caroline, no matter how true, there would be a whole other slew of questions and presumptions (i.e, he has no intention to marry). People hear what they want to hear and there is a huge difference between hearing and actually listening to what somone says. JMO.

pinklady1991 said:
Albert told NC (per the PM interview and per PA) that he would come forward with a statement about Alex after the three months of mourning was over. She and her cousins panicked b/c they wouldn't be in charge of the story and it would have all probably blown over in a week or so. Albert kept his word; Nicole went public one month after Rainier's death knowing that he couldn't respond until July. She controlled the story then.

Right now, I don't think that most people really care about the line of succession and "heirs" to most people means financial. Per French law, if Albert has no other children, Alex is entitled to 50% of his estate. How the remainder is spent is up to Albert. Rainier left a specific dollar amount to Caroline, the apartment in Paris, and a farm in the countryside. Stephanie was left $50,000/month for the rest of her life and the apartment in New York. Albert was left the rest. I'm sure there is more to the will than this, but the throne is decided by Constitutional law; the prince has influence but there is a line of succession. For the time being it is Caroline, Andrea, Pierre, et al. There is no doubt in Albert's mind that he will marry and the line of succession will change. He probably assumes that the less he says the better; if he were to say that right now the heir presumptive is Caroline, no matter how true, there would be a whole other slew of questions and presumptions (i.e, he has no intention to marry). People hear what they want to hear and there is a huge difference between hearing and actually listening to what somone says. JMO.

Well, NC made sure she took a thick chunk out of the Grimaldi estate, imo.

In the issue of PM that came after the initial interview w/NC, she was quoted saying that she went public because she was scared Albert would not do it himself. She did say that PA told her he would do it (she claimed) because he felt he could let it out discreetly, but she just felt that he was not going to do it.

I think if Ranier knew this situation was developing out there from the beginning, before he got so ill he may have tried to do something to protect his estate from going the way it did. But who knows, Ranier was quite ill at the end. Who knows, he may have even probably sent the bulk of everything to Caroline so that so much of it could not be lopped off like that, regardless the reason. Just my opinion.:) :)

Last edited:
Well, goodness, I would hardly call Alex getting taking care of money going "out the window." He didn't ask to be born after all.

BurberryBrit said:
Well, goodness, I would hardly call Alex getting taking care of money going "out the window." He didn't ask to be born after all.
I don't think Lillia meant that taking care of Alexandre is money wasted. I think many people think that Prince Rainier would be outraged that fully half of 1.8billion euro that he earned and left for his heir would be arbitrarily handed over to NC through her son if Albert died tomorrow. Btw, I still don't think the family has any intention of following French law on this issue. Rainier certainly wouldn't.

Laviollette said:
I don't think Lillia meant that taking care of Alexandre is money wasted. I think many people think that Prince Rainier would be outraged that fully half of 1.8billion euro that he earned and left for his heir would be arbitrarily handed over to NC through her son if Albert died tomorrow. Btw, I still don't think the family has any intention of following French law on this issue. Rainier certainly wouldn't.
Alex is PA son Rainier money left for his heir?what do you think Alex is. They will give him what belongs to him he will be a grown man one day no child of PA or PC can stand in his way believe me he will fight for it.when he reads all that PA said about him on LK GMA and all the europe press about not wanting any children bla bla bla over and over He will stick it to them

Laviollette said:

Yes, that is what I meant. Especially since NC lost in her in the lawsuit that she filed to have the paternity established. PM reported that the courts went against her to open the files. Some others estimated that to continue to pursue her case she would have had to likely make an appeal which would have probably taken long time, at least several months. The boy would have cleared his second birthday and maybe it may have given Albert chance to reserve the estate based on perhaps a few technical points - again maybe, but I have to stress that I am not certain of all of that as I am not a french lawyer. Who knows, certainly not me.

imo, Alexandre and his mother would have always been provided for handsomely, never to want for anything at all ever, but maybe he would not have been set out for nearly 50%, but again, who knows. I do not. And one will never know because it is all past now. Albert made his move. It's long over. What is done is done.:) It is all past history.:) :p

Last edited:
pinklady1991 said:
Right now, I don't think that most people really care about the line of succession and "heirs" to most people means financial. Per French law, if Albert has no other children, Alex is entitled to 50% of his estate.
Well, as you point out correctly, according to French law. But PA will will not be treated under French law, but under MC law. The declarations made by his lawyer were merely to calm the crowds. PA being the sovereign of his state, can decided to whom ever he wants to give his private money. Besides Rainier has already made sure that the biggest chunks are all in a trust that can not be accessed by anyone being just after the Grimaldi money. Hence the billions that are attributed to PA include the palace, the stamp and car collections etc. But these can under no circumstances be sold or otherwise made valuable. And they will stay with whoever inherits the throne. The rest of the inheritance was rather small in comparison: money and a couple of realestates. Rainier set up his will so his children would be protected, not disinherited. None of them will ever encounter financial problems, unless they acquire a complete foulish financial behaviour.

I am sure that PA will look after his son and that he will have some inheritance as well, but those of you who think that if PA dies tomorrow, NC will walk off with half a billion Euros might want to think again. No way that is going to happen. You don't build an estate like that in 700 years and have it taken away by a prolonged one night stand.;)

paca said:
Well, as you point out correctly, according to French law. But PA will will not be treated under French law, but under MC law. The declarations made by his lawyer were merely to calm the crowds. PA being the sovereign of his state, can decided to whom ever he wants to give his private money.

I wholeheartedly agree. Once I read the statement, I knew the intent of Albert's lawyer. Also, I doubt if Albert would have been required to submit to a paternity test under French laws if he did not choose to do so.

paca said:
I am sure that PA will look after his son and that he will have some inheritance as well, but those of you who think that if PA dies tomorrow, NC will walk off with half a billion Euros might want to think again. No way that is going to happen. You don't build an estate like that in 700 years and have it taken away by a prolonged one night stand.;)

I never commented on posts that declared either angrily or happily that Alexandre would received billion(s) of the Grimaldi's money when Albert dies because I knew it was a ridiculous assertion.

Whether Rainier knew about Eric beforehand or not, he saw what could financially happen with the Jazmin situation.

Though I suspect it was already set up for a long time (most likely when Caroline or perhaps Albert was born), Rainier definitely made financial matters more settled in the arrangements of the trusts and the Crown inheritance after Albert was involved with Tamara. And when Stephanie got pregnant by Daniel, I am convinced he talked with Albert regarding how money was to be handled for Stephanie and her family after he was gone.

If Jazmin is Albert's daughter, neither she, nor Eric, nor their mothers, nor any other illegitimate child (and its mother) of Alberts will be able to just "walk off with half" of the Grimaldi fortunes. The same for Daniel and Mr Gottleib [I forgot his first name]. Were they to marry or remarry Stephanie and later divorce, they would not get much of Stephanie's funds either. Albert would now see to that.

Ann

Edit: I'm not trying to go into is-or-isn't-she regarding Jazmin, I was merely using her as a known example for the probability.

Last edited:
I do need to clarify a statement that seemed rather airy-minded. A few posts back: I was searching for a "breath of fresh air" out of certain posts: I referred to TBRC's marvelous photography techniques and said that "Maybe we will see PA accompanied by his chosen happiness". So help me I was trying to stay nonpresumptive, but actually meant Charlene, since we've all been speculating, inaddition to the press about her. And its ok if I'm seen as an advocate of a certainn party or parties-its my great pleasure and my right here on RF.

And I've noticed in life a lot of us ladies didn't know we were years long "one night stands" or something else that didn't work-otheriwise why the divorce?

Suonymona said:
Whether Rainier knew about Eric beforehand or not, he saw what could financially happen with the Jazmin situation.

Though I suspect it was already set up for a long time (most likely when Caroline or perhaps Albert was born), Rainier definitely made financial matters more settled in the arrangements of the trusts and the Crown inheritance after Albert was involved with Tamara. And when Stephanie got pregnant by Daniel, I am convinced he talked with Albert regarding how money was to be handled for Stephanie and her family after he was gone.

I'm sure Caroline, Albert & Stephanie were all warned when they became old enough to understand that their family's great wealth and social status would make them targets for many disingenuous people. There are many lawyers and trust officers and investment managers handling their inheritances -- and I'm sure in Albert's case -- they are working very hard to make sure that his estate will be distributed (in the far, far future) exactly how he wishes. And there will be many, many, many changes to those documents over the years generating beaucoup de management fees. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom