The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 08:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Although princes have, yes, gone to public school, these public schools are in the best areas of town or in some beautiful country setting. They are always considered "good" schools. No prince has ever been stuck going to a crap school and being in danger, to my knowledge. Whether public or private, if he's a prince, his school is always among the finest schools. Here is a topic that lies at the root of society's inequities. A topic close to my heart. It's very sad.
Yes, well, in this world, money talks louder than anything else sometimes. I wouln't be surprised that a school they went to would be set in a nice place.

And if Alex goes to school in Monaco for his education then that means his mother will be in Monaco all the time, right? She can demand to have tea w Albert

Old 09-20-2005, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
Yes, well, in this world, money talks louder than anything else sometimes. I wouln't be surprised that a school they went to would be set in a nice place.

And if Alex goes to school in Monaco for his education then that means his mother will be in Monaco all the time, right? She can demand to have tea w Albert
It's a paradox, though. Although Albert and his family do humanitarian work (much of it very interesting and very good work) they can only do so much, can't they? Because if they do too much, they are putting their lifestyles at risk. The rich protect the rich first, and if convenient, they will help the poor, but only if it's convenient. :( Off topic, sorry guys.
I'm so glad to see all of you discussing Nicole and Albert and trying to be objective. It's great to see so many inquisitive and introspective minds. If ever we stop questioning things, that will be the end of free thought. So keep questioning! Take nothing at face value because it's never that simple. Never. Everything is complicated.

Old 09-21-2005, 07:37 AM
Nobility

Nicole Coste is on today's issue of French magazine VSD saying that she wants to put an end to the polemique. i haven't read the article yet. I don't know why she keeps on appearing on media while also claiming that she wants to be let alone ! Very strange. I'll come back when I read it to make a summary
Old 09-21-2005, 07:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by assia
Nicole Coste is on today's issue of French magazine VSD saying that she wants to put an end to the polemique. i haven't read the article yet. I don't know why she keeps on appearing on media while also claiming that she wants to be let alone ! Very strange. I'll come back when I read it to make a summary
Quod erat demonstandum. She doesn't like publicity, does she? Yet she loves fame and those checks that can change your life.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:51 AM
Courtier

Its my understanding the child was born Eric Alexandre and while Nicole changed HER last name to Coste, Eric's legal name (as on the birth certficate) has not changed. And yet because of her persistence in calling him Alexandre, the media (unless its a rare reporter who did their homework) also addresses him as such.

Is he truly still Eric Alexandre or did Nicole succeed in changing his legal name-which I understood she couldn't do unless Albert was willing to sign off on it (we know she lost the Grimaldi battle)--to Alexandre Coste?

Ann
Old 09-21-2005, 10:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by assia

She is getting lots of covers. My translator won't work to tell me how to get on the site perhaps one of you others can. http://www.vsd.fr/
Old 09-21-2005, 10:10 AM
Courtier

When I click on the cover (of Nicole) it takes me to a summary page with small pictures and quick recap of the articles in the issue. No links to actual photos and/or articles of Nicole's story or any other. :(

This seems to be a weekend insert mag. Like Parade or USA Weekend in the States. Goes to show the 'status' her story commands. Either the palace not commenting is cutting off the higher class mags or no one is really interested anymore now that the 'real' news-Albert confirmed-has been broken.

Ann
Old 09-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Serene Highness

Recent Article

Thanks for the article Tosca
Here are my 2 cents on the the interview

Well, to whom it may concern, this lady, who has a body to die for, eats greedily ( I DO HATE those people that eat much and don't put even a milligramme on!),as the menu of the fine restaurant, hosted inside a romantic castle, where Ms. Coste had an appointment with Mrs. Barak and her friend, consisted of 7/8 courses (so says the journalist). Besides this well travelled African stewardess also appears to be a bit ignorant, since when Mrs. Barak apologizes for being forced to have delayed her interview, because she had to go and interview President Mougabe, Nicole asks her: "Mougabe? Is that an interesting country to visit?"

Then Mrs. Barak asks "What are you doing now?" " I'm busy with the restauration of my new home."
Mrs. Coste also stated that, she would like to do some charity work for her native Togo's children, but she hasn't a clear vision of the future yet...

I think that if Nicole wants to do something more productive with her time than good for her. Better than shopping and lunching around all day.

She also said that Caro, Steph and the media are waging war against her, but that Steph phoned her one day, and promised she would come and meet her nephew Alexandre.
IMO The Grimaldi's certainly have enough wealth, power and connections to wage any kind of media war with anyone if they so please. If this were ever to happen the public would certainly never know that the Grimaldi's were waging a war. It would be done quielty. Payoffs, tipping off the press, sources' popping up with stories....I'm not saying that this is happening only that it's impossible either.

I can see Stephanie reaching out to Alexandre, that seems to be in her nature, as for Stephanie waging anykind of media war against Nicole I highly doubt that. I think that Stephanie has handled her paternity and custody issues beautifully and Albert and Nicole would do well to take examples from her.

Ms. Coste also calls Tamara Rotolo a mentally disturbed woman, who's getting her daughter Jazmin live under the illusion that she's really Prince Albert's daughter. She also said that Albert accepted to give Tamara a lot of money to just silence her, and that while Tamara claims lots of money not for Jazmin, but for herself, she (Nicole), just needs the money for Alexandre.

I really don't know why Nicole is commenting at all on Tamara. She is not married to Albert, they are no longer together, it is just not her place to say anything about it. Maybe she has been privy to information the public is unaware of but that's probably only Alberts side of the story. The fact that she defends Albert and defames Tamara's charater tells me that she still loves Albert very much.

At that point the journalist asked Nicole controversially: "But, did you know that before dying, Prince Rainier wanted to say goodbye to his American niece?" Her answer: "But Albert didn't absolutey want to see Tamara."

Who is this journalist?? A Grimaldi family member??? To have such privilidged information about Rainiers requests before his death? How would he know this? Ridiculous! This journalist is just trying to confuse Nicole into possibly saying something incrimidating and juicy that he can publish. IMO the journalist has revealed his true colours by even publishing that section of the interview because it doesn't seem like Nicole took the bait.

Then Ms. Coste accused French mag "GALA" of manipulating the interview she gave them, by writing that her son is a Grimaldi and that she felt the next Princess Grace, which made Albert get angry with her, therefore from now on she will stay behind the scenes, but in the meantime she's hired a press agent in order to examine the various proposals she's repeatedly receiving.

It seems to me the reason Nicole did this whole interview in the first place is to clear up misinterpretations of the GALA story. Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure she'll soon figure out that no matter who you speak to in the press your bound to be misquoted or some part of your story will be incorrect. It seems she's always trying to rectify something that was said previously. She should just stop.

She seems very inexperienced when it comes to the press and people cut her down for it. She wasn't trained from birth on public relations.

I also think she keeps popping her head up in the media because she's afraid that Albert will forget about her and Alexandre aside from the monthly support payments that he probably doesn't even make out himself. Why should'nt she be afraid for her son? He barley sees him now, if Albert marries and has other children, will he ever see litte Alexandre? I hope so, but life doesn't always work that way. Nicole seems to still love Albert very much, I've never heard her speak badly of Albert.
What kind of magazine is CHI anyways? Is it a reliable source? The author does seem biased as someone stated earlier.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:02 AM

The one thing I can say I agree with Nicole on is that Tamara Rotolo is a mentally-disturbed woman! Well-said, Nicole! But all in all, I have to say that this interview was pointless and was obviously just a way of getting more attention and shoving the whole mess in Albert's face (again).

NICOLE COSTE
Elle met fin à la polémique
La révélation, en mai dernier, de l'existence d'Alexandre, le fils qu'elle a eu avec Albert de Monaco, a alimenté toutes les rumeurs et les spéculations. La jeune femme, qui estime avoir été manipulée et cherche l'apaisement, répond point par point.

What is "la polemique"? It says she's finished with "la polemique"? If I understand the rest, it says that the revelation, of last may, of the existence of Alexandre, son of Albert of Monaco, is ?surrounded? by rumors and speculations. The young woman, who has been called manipulative and also been dearly praised (??) responds ??point by point?
Old 09-21-2005, 11:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
Thanks for the article Tosca
Here are my 2 cents on the the interview

Well, to whom it may concern, this lady, who has a body to die for, eats greedily ( I DO HATE those people that eat much and don't put even a milligramme on!),as the menu of the fine restaurant, hosted inside a romantic castle, where Ms. Coste had an appointment with Mrs. Barak and her friend, consisted of 7/8 courses (so says the journalist). Besides this well travelled African stewardess also appears to be a bit ignorant, since when Mrs. Barak apologizes for being forced to have delayed her interview, because she had to go and interview President Mougabe, Nicole asks her: "Mougabe? Is that an interesting country to visit?"

Then Mrs. Barak asks "What are you doing now?" " I'm busy with the restauration of my new home."
Mrs. Coste also stated that, she would like to do some charity work for her native Togo's children, but she hasn't a clear vision of the future yet...

I think that if Nicole wants to do something more productive with her time than good for her. Better than shopping and lunching around all day.

She also said that Caro, Steph and the media are waging war against her, but that Steph phoned her one day, and promised she would come and meet her nephew Alexandre.
IMO The Grimaldi's certainly have enough wealth, power and connections to wage any kind of media war with anyone if they so please. If this were ever to happen the public would certainly never know that the Grimaldi's were waging a war. It would be done quielty. Payoffs, tipping off the press, sources' popping up with stories....I'm not saying that this is happening only that it's impossible either.

I can see Stephanie reaching out to Alexandre, that seems to be in her nature, as for Stephanie waging anykind of media war against Nicole I highly doubt that. I think that Stephanie has handled her paternity and custody issues beautifully and Albert and Nicole would do well to take examples from her.

Ms. Coste also calls Tamara Rotolo a mentally disturbed woman, who's getting her daughter Jazmin live under the illusion that she's really Prince Albert's daughter. She also said that Albert accepted to give Tamara a lot of money to just silence her, and that while Tamara claims lots of money not for Jazmin, but for herself, she (Nicole), just needs the money for Alexandre.

I really don't know why Nicole is commenting at all on Tamara. She is not married to Albert, they are no longer together, it is just not her place to say anything about it. Maybe she has been privy to information the public is unaware of but that's probably only Alberts side of the story. The fact that she defends Albert and defames Tamara's charater tells me that she still loves Albert very much.

At that point the journalist asked Nicole controversially: "But, did you know that before dying, Prince Rainier wanted to say goodbye to his American niece?" Her answer: "But Albert didn't absolutey want to see Tamara."

Who is this journalist?? A Grimaldi family member??? To have such privilidged information about Rainiers requests before his death? How would he know this? Ridiculous! This journalist is just trying to confuse Nicole into possibly saying something incrimidating and juicy that he can publish. IMO the journalist has revealed his true colours by even publishing that section of the interview because it doesn't seem like Nicole took the bait.

Then Ms. Coste accused French mag "GALA" of manipulating the interview she gave them, by writing that her son is a Grimaldi and that she felt the next Princess Grace, which made Albert get angry with her, therefore from now on she will stay behind the scenes, but in the meantime she's hired a press agent in order to examine the various proposals she's repeatedly receiving.

It seems to me the reason Nicole did this whole interview in the first place is to clear up misinterpretations of the GALA story. Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure she'll soon figure out that no matter who you speak to in the press your bound to be misquoted or some part of your story will be incorrect. It seems she's always trying to rectify something that was said previously. She should just stop.

She seems very inexperienced when it comes to the press and people cut her down for it. She wasn't trained from birth on public relations.

I also think she keeps popping her head up in the media because she's afraid that Albert will forget about her and Alexandre aside from the monthly support payments that he probably doesn't even make out himself. Why should'nt she be afraid for her son? He barley sees him now, if Albert marries and has other children, will he ever see litte Alexandre? I hope so, but life doesn't always work that way. Nicole seems to still love Albert very much, I've never heard her speak badly of Albert.
What kind of magazine is CHI anyways? Is it a reliable source? The author does seem biased as someone stated earlier.
It might be just me, but Nicole seems pretty pretentious. Charity work in Togo? Nice, but why doesn't she do something more substantial with herself? She's not Albert's wife darn it, when will she realize it? What happens if he marries, will Nicole make authoritative statements in regards to their marital life (Albert's and his consorts')?
Old 09-21-2005, 11:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
Its my understanding the child was born Eric Alexandre and while Nicole changed HER last name to Coste, Eric's legal name (as on the birth certficate) has not changed. And yet because of her persistence in calling him Alexandre, the media (unless its a rare reporter who did their homework) also addresses him as such.

Is he truly still Eric Alexandre or did Nicole succeed in changing his legal name-which I understood she couldn't do unless Albert was willing to sign off on it (we know she lost the Grimaldi battle)--to Alexandre Coste?

Ann
It's my understanding when she had her last name changed to Coste his name was changed too. Then that came from an article who knows where at this point. Coste minus the La from LaCoste as in his attorney which seems rather odd to me especially considering the fact she said she was pretending to be the mistress of a friend of Albert's. Then we have a friend of Nicole's saying the baby really isn't Albert's. Sounds to me like no one really knows whose who or what that truth is regarding Nicole since it's obvious Nicole doesn't want her son to have a normal life as she claimed. I'm not trying to start anything here like I posted somewhere else another Forum has this whole thing as a stunt to cover the fact he is really gay.

It's honestly sad that Nicole is using Alexandre to get fame and money off of and hurting the man she claimed she loved. It's just my opinion that Nicole supporters have become fewer with each stunt she pulls. There comes a time you have to quit and cut your losses and let go which Nicole won't do. She is going to use Albert and her son to keep getting more and more attention whether favorable or not. I have begun to wonder if anyone has even tried to speak to the woman. Or if she will even accept criticism at this point to help her.

Elle met fin à la polémique. translation 'It puts an end to the polemic' Polemic is an aggressive attack on or refutation of the opinions or principles of another b : the art or practice of disputation or controversy -- usually used in plural but sing. or plural in constr. Does that help?
Old 09-21-2005, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
It's my understanding when she had her last name changed to Coste his name was changed too. Then that came from an article who knows where at this point. Coste minus the La from LaCoste as in his attorney which seems rather odd to me especially considering the fact she said she was pretending to be the mistress of a friend of Albert's. Then we have a friend of Nicole's saying the baby really isn't Albert's. Sounds to me like no one really knows whose who or what that truth is regarding Nicole since it's obvious Nicole doesn't want her son to have a normal life as she claimed. I'm not trying to start anything here like I posted somewhere else another Forum has this whole thing as a stunt to cover the fact he is really gay.

It's honestly sad that Nicole is using Alexandre to get fame and money off of and hurting the man she claimed she loved. It's just my opinion that Nicole supporters have become fewer with each stunt she pulls. There comes a time you have to quit and cut your losses and let go which Nicole won't do. She is going to use Albert and her son to keep getting more and more attention whether favorable or not. I have begun to wonder if anyone has even tried to speak to the woman. Or if she will even accept criticism at this point to help her.

Elle met fin à la polémique. translation 'It puts an end to the polemic' Polemic is an aggressive attack on or refutation of the opinions or principles of another b : the art or practice of disputation or controversy -- usually used in plural but sing. or plural in constr. Does that help?
In another words, this interview is said to be Nicole setting the record straight, to refute the "lies" said about her?
Old 09-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Aristocracy

I wonder what will happen if/when Nicole starts taking verbal pot shots at Albert's wife and kids? I imagine she'll do it after he marries. She's puttin on airs as if she's an integrated member of the royal family.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
In another words, this interview is said to be Nicole setting the record straight, to refute the "lies" said about her?
That's how I understand it. I thought she said that about 3 articles ago. Or am I wrong?
Old 09-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Serene Highness

[QUOTE=lashinka2002]

I also think she keeps popping her head up in the media because she's afraid that Albert will forget about her and Alexandre aside from the monthly support payments that he probably doesn't even make out himself.

I agree with this theory -- but I don't understand why she doesn't just leave PA out of her own picture. He has made it plainly clear that he does not want her, but that he will provide for the child -- which he has done very generously, by her own words.

She should have enough money and everything else by now that she probably would do better to stop keep trying and grasping and pushing to get Albert to pay attention to her like that, if that is what she is doing.

I think life is far too short to be soooooo completely focused on anyone that way. Especially since he is not trying to date her, he is not going to marry her and he feels she set him up. End of story on that. :)

The whole thing seems desperate and obsessive to me, if that's her aim (to get Albert's attention, I mean). In some places, that behavior would be considered stalking. I've heard many times of a 'fan' of somebody that tries everything, anything -- even extreme things -- to get the attention of the person they are craving. They will even go to that person's house looking for them, or write the person letters and mail them, or call them all the time to talk to them or just anything at all to get the person's attention. I am not saying that is the situation here, because I do not know

When a relationship is over, it's over -- is it really very healthy for anyone to keep reaching and pushing and demanding so hard for someone else, especially if that someone else has made it clear that they do not want to be bothered at all? At what point does behavior like that stop being called 'love' ?
Old 09-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Nobility

I think Nicole calling Tamara deranged is laughable. I fully think Jazmin is PA child and that's a huge threat to NC. Why else would she even bring up the woman's name?

Everything else I read just affirms things we have all said many times. Does anyone else get the impression that what goes on in NC head, and what's going on in the real world are two different things?

Its almost like a hostle "princess of monoco" take over.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Aristocracy

nicole is human

nicole is a human being. that means like the rest of us she is not perfect. the grimaldis are not perfect either. i think it's riduclous for PA to complain about being set up. any time you have intercourse you could have a baby. no birth control is 100% reliable. if i were PA i would always say no comment to any mention of nicole. it makes him look very petty to negatively talk about nicole in the media. like he has nothing better to think or talk about.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa
I think Nicole calling Tamara deranged is laughable. I fully think Jazmin is PA child and that's a huge threat to NC. Why else would she even bring up the woman's name?

Everything else I read just affirms things we have all said many times. Does anyone else get the impression that what goes on in NC head, and what's going on in the real world are two different things?

Please explain what you mean by your last line - about being like a hostile Princess of Monaco take over?? Thanks.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:31 PM
Nobility

I mean, she just seems to be using the media to bully her way back into PA life. I am of the opinion that she was after the ring and when she didn't get it, she got pissed. Talking about charity work, doing interviews after claiming to dislike the press attention, photo shoots, one riduculous pic has her comming out of a car with security holding back the imaginary media. Shes after fame and money.

And I do not for one minute buy that "human being" line. We all have choices, the sum of which dictates the moral quality of our lives.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa

I know we disagree on the first paragraph which I have no problem with. The truth will come out as to who the truly deranged are besides us keyboarders pecking away in discussing this. We went from the back yard fence, tea party over bridge, and 4 party phone lines eaves dropping to the Internet for gossip. Inquiring minds want to know. I am hunting for something to post regarding the Nicole Tamara thing and see what is said regarding it.