The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
wow, fugly, thats is so not nice hsh1969
here is a question for you, if as many people as possible decide not to pay attention to her do u think she will go away? remember the rule of supply and demand
Well said semi -- very well said.

No point calling names when -- the fact is, quite frankly, no one is being forced to pay attention to NC or anything that she does. The topic has 'merit' because people (including me, I admit it) keep paying attention to it.

NC is not going away from the public, imho, because people assign a certain worth to what she did/does/continues to do -- whether they intend to or not. I would bet she herself knows it and likes it to some extent or why else would she continue to show up in the public forum? She gives the public what they seem to want -- something to gossip about.

If it did not mean anything to them, if it had totally no importance at all, they would treat the issue like it did not mean anything to them by not participating, not weighing in, because of that lack of interest in it. Everybody in here (including me, again, I admit it) still talks on this subject because they want to, like it or not no one is forcing the conversation onto anyone.

Ok, granted someone may not like a person's actions (or they may, that's their own choice strictly). I may not have liked the way she handled the situation w/PA, but it's really in the past (all of it) and going forward, no one has to look at her pictures or read any of her statements or follow anything that she does. Why follow her actions and then call names? I don't think she's the greatest in the world, but I do admit openly I admire that she stood up for herself and claimed her own (and Alex's) value, making PA (and everybody) take notice. Whether anyone else agrees with what she deserves to have (or not) is a matter of their own opinion. It takes some courage to do what she did rather than just shrink away because that's how it's been handled in the past and it's what everybody expects.

But again, the 'value/merit/attention' that anything or anyone is able to command at any moment is based on what other people give it, not the other way around.

Having said that, I'm done:p

Old 12-15-2005, 09:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
New pics from Newscom:

She's hardly looking at him at all. All of it is her trying to look glamerous and "regal".
Quote:
I guess the big fuss or controversy about Nicole is that her behaviour has been so "different" than what has happened in previous cases where someone had a child with a royal or princely or famous father. Examples are prince Bernhard of the Netherlands and his 2 daugthers outside of marriage; king Albert of the belgians with Delphine or Louis of Monaco with Charlotte or even president Mitterand of France with his Mazarine. Most "precedents" we know of are cases when the mother blends in to nature or even hides out and maintains absolute silence. These precedents have become the "norm" because there are simply no other examples to follow or relate to.
True. Rarely does a mistress of a royal go public and blatantly pose in magazines bragging about having a kid out of wedlock. Not to mention posing in semi regal settings. Not to mention discretion is usually out of respect for the wife and the reputation of the man.
Quote:
I think she wants to make PA jealous.
I doubt Albert even cares. If he cared about her at all he would be spending time with her.
Quote:
Its also a way to stick it to other woman he has dated to say I got him and you didn't and look at me I have his kid, money, house and his first born. Or does she?????
She doesn't have his legitimate firstborn though.
Quote:
Maybe he was just trying to fit in with the rest of the crowned princes of Europe at the time......
I mean it was considered "cool" among crowned princes to marry
women with issues (example-divorced, ex drug dealer companions, single moms). They are not the princesses of 20 years ago.... The Princes all liked the "love triumphing over issues"... I wonder if any of these women will come back to bite them over time......
It's possible. I wonder if a lot of these princes wanted to play the fairytale prince and "rescue" them. I honestly believe that it will bite them in the rear at some point.
Quote:
I kind of feel sorry for Prince Albert's future wife...
Same here. I hope his future wife is able to handle the potshots Nicole will take against her. As if his future wife is to blame for the fact that Albert lost interest in Nicole.
Quote:
I am sure she will insist that he be a page (If Pa gets married) in PAs wedding someday. He would be adorable, but it would also assure her that she would be talked about in the Media for being his mother...
That would be a nice slap in the face wouldn't it? Harsh as it sounds, Alexandre is best kept away if only for the sake of his bride. Nicole must stop thinking only of herself. I imagine that Albert will take action against Nicole if Nicole stirs up too much trouble and pushes Albert far enough. If she tries to put Alexandre in the place of his legitimate children I imagine he would take action against her.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Courtier

This Nicole is really a character.... I have never seen anyone dolled up like her at the beach. And posing on supposedly private moments with her son

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 12-15-2005, 11:27 PM
Serene Highness

ok people think about this, everything goes full circle, right. if its true that nicole has a new lover maybe he will give her a taste of her own medicine.
about the pics, i dont understand why u would want to live your life & your sone life in the public eye
Old 12-16-2005, 08:58 AM
Aristocracy

" I wonder if a lot of these princes wanted to play the fairytale prince and "rescue" them. I honestly believe that it will bite them in the rear at some point." Quote from Tzu An
Thank you for commenting on my post Tzu An! I really think there's a Syndrome going around the princes of Europe where they try to get attention by rescuing the "Damsel in Distress"(women with heavy issues..) Prince Rainier probably recognized the symptoms when he met Nicole....
I recently saw a picture of Mette shoving Haakon while entering a plane (She was mad when she saw a journalist on the plane and took it out on her husband)..While he kept smiling, I wondered--If she can do that in public, what is she like in private? The wedding picture of the couple alongside the drug dealer's son was so sweet to see --but they have a long road ahead....
I think Prince Albert could have been swept away by this ongoing European Princely trend--he could be looking for a women who is opposite his Mother (Like Nicole appeared to be...) Prince Albert's Mother had lived independently from her family and had established a career--and she certainly didn't need any man to rescue her....
Old 12-16-2005, 10:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by teense
" I wonder if a lot of these princes wanted to play the fairytale prince and "rescue" them. I honestly believe that it will bite them in the rear at some point." Quote from Tzu An
Thank you for commenting on my post Tzu An! I really think there's a Syndrome going around the princes of Europe where they try to get attention by rescuing the "Damsel in Distress"(women with heavy issues..) Prince Rainier probably recognized the symptoms when he met Nicole....
I recently saw a picture of Mette shoving Haakon while entering a plane (She was mad when she saw a journalist on the plane and took it out on her husband)..While he kept smiling, I wondered--If she can do that in public, what is she like in private? The wedding picture of the couple alongside the drug dealer's son was so sweet to see --but they have a long road ahead....
I think Prince Albert could have been swept away by this ongoing European Princely trend--he could be looking for a women who is opposite his Mother (Like Nicole appeared to be...) Prince Albert's Mother had lived independently from her family and had established a career--and she certainly didn't need any man to rescue her....
First of all I don't think that PA has a rescuing syndrom (though I think if he ever gets married his wife mightprove to suffer from it ). He is simply attracted to women who play their primary attributes (using push up bras, micro minis and tight clothes that make them look like overstuffed sausages), like possibly the majority of men. I have yet to meet a man who does not have his eyes popping out when one of those creatures passes by.

To compare Princess Grace, Queen Sonja and Queen Silvia (all of them successful Cinderellas) with the present new princesses I think is comparing apples to pears. They are from a different time with different values. And it wasn't easy on them either, but they found there way.

Especially MC is very different then the other countries. When PG arrived, people were very sceptical about her as well, but on the other hand they never really had anyone who fullfilled the role of a princess. Rainiers mum was only admitted as a grown person in the family and before that, people didn't really pay that much attention to the private lives of the ruling prince. They married in private and had their love affairs in private and not a lot ever left the premisses.

I remember reading that PG left MC for the states, all set to return home, even though in the fifties and in her generation and faith a divorce was a much bigger scandal then nowadays. Rainier commented on the first years of PG in MC in an interview pretty laconic : "well you can't expect a butler who has been with the family for over 20 years and been doing his job in a certain way to suddenly change and arrange the flowers differently. That all takes time.

So basically when Rainier went after her to get her back, he persuaded her to give it another try and accept that changes would have to take a bit longer. Also when her kids were almost grown up, she practically lived in Paris rather then in MC until she found herself a new field of fullfillment. (this phase - aging and the kids being independent and leaving the nest- often causes a strain in the relationship as well, though officially other reasons where given for her absence). Who knows what would have happened, if she would have lived longer and seen her beauty fade away ( I heard that sh did have issues that way). Caroline (and I think also the other kids mentioned it) said once about her mother, that she remembers her always looking immaculate and when the kids came up to hug and cuddle her she would say, please darling watch out and don't touch my hair. I would never be worried about my hair when it comes to my kids. Especially when it happens in the private rooms of the nursery. I know it was meant as a complement, but I thought it was dreadful to have such a memory of a mother.

Also one should not forget that women, who die early are much more beautyful, much nicer etc. after their death then in real life (there are books about this phenomenon in society i.e. over her dead body by Elizabeth Bronfen): look at Marilyn Monroe, Sissi, Princess Grace or Diana. I remember as I lived in England, that people were pretty much fed up with Dianas whining in front of cameras and wished her to just go away. Only after her pretty ordinary road accident, people started to construct a myth around her and her death. (same thing happened with Grace) She was after seperating and divorcing PC definetely not the princess of the hearts that she is made out to be now. Someone once said that a beautiful woman does nothing better than dying young or as de Quincey puts it: I acknowledge that you (women) can do one thing as well as the best of us men - a greater thing than even Milton is known to have done, or Michael Angelo: you can die grandly, and as goddesses would die, were goddesses mortal.

The young princes who married commoners, where probably bored by what they got to meet in their own circles. A bit of adventurism might play a role as well. Whether it is going to work, only time will tell. It depends on how determined the couples are to make things work. Also those princes do not know what normal is. they might excuse a certain behaviour and put it down to their loved ones upbringing and the difficulties they encounter in adapting, when men of the same background would recommend them to a psychiatrist. ANd they will put up with a lot of things, that others probably would not and they will split up when they can't bear it any longer. (not that it is entirely the womens fault - it takes two to tango ) And then those women can all blame it on the archaic system of monarchy etc etc so that they don't have to look at their own faults. And it is so comforting to play the victim in public. They are all so hard done by. A woman with brains and open eyes will be aware of the problems she will be facing. And not just with the public and papparazzi. I think that is sth you can deal with and handle. It is the difference of upbringing, of values etc., things that go far deeper then the superficial outside world that causes most problems and make marrying a prince such a risky business.

I think that all parties involved have their issues, it is just a matter of dealing with them and being aware of them. ANd who ever is attempting a relation with PA should be aware that he is attracted to oversexed women (and that's what he used NC for and she let him use her that way and got angry when he dumped her) and probably always will be. So since men his age don't usually change their habbits, he will either marry one of those or he will just pick a classy one that interests him for a while and then start philandering about. And then it is a question, whether what they have is strong enough to last or whether she will call it a day.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Majesty

More new pics from Newscom

Quote:
CAPTION: Nicole Coste and son Alexandre pass their christmas holiday inthe Caribbian island of St Barthelemy. She sues the French weekly Gala and Italian weekly Chi for publishing pictures this week allegedly showing her with a boyfriend. Coste says that the person on the pictures publishe is not her. Saint Barthelemy 12Dec 2005

Old 12-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Serene Highness

nice to have your private papparazzi. those pics are clearly no coincidence.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:35 PM
Nobility

Perhaps he is afraid to fall in love?
Old 12-16-2005, 07:55 PM
Serene Highness

or maybe he is one of those people who enjoy the newness of relationships. before the real person shows their personality and problems arise. it might be easier to just dump the person than to handle real relationship problems. just think he handles problems everyday @ work, he might not want the hassle of working on his relationship,imo and its a big guess because i dont even know the man
Old 12-16-2005, 11:30 PM
Royal Highness

Time to start a new thread dedicated to all of the latest news of Nicole and Alexandre.

You can find the new thread here