Princess Martha Louise And Ari Behn News and Pictures: June 2004 - November 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://gfx.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2004/10/03/ari2Xart280.jpg

http://gfx.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2004/10/03/ari3Xart280.jpg

http://gfx.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2004/10/03/ari1Xart280.jpg

I agree there is a support problem, really how many times have we seen that this year, Maxima, Laurentien and now Märtha, you would think that when one can afford Valentino one could also invest in some proper undergarments:rolleyes: . It is Ari and designer Kjell Nordstrøm that has designed Märthas dress. The fashion police in dagbladet likes Märthas dress but not the turquoise cross and giver her 5/6 points...The fashonpolice also says that the collection reminds them of Victor and Rolf (guilty of Mabels bowtiful dress:p ) The woman next to Märtha in the 2. pic is her pregnant maid of hounor Marianne Ulrichsen

Last edited by a moderator:
Summary: Harald is one of Norway's television "stars". He has made a concept of trying new things in his show. Apparently one of these things was learning to ride.

Thanks norwegianne! I guess it's really not as easy as it looks.

No is not. I have classes and is very hard. But i love and have a lot of adrenaline.
But belive in me is very , very hard, you have to do 1000 thinks at the same time, we can not forgete that horse have he only personality, sooooooooooooooooooo, sometimes he don't make what we want and the resolt is that we see above,it semes painful. I never fall and i gona see if i remain like that.

Princess Martha Louise and her family at the press conference in Central Park. October 11, 2004.
More pics can be found at Getty.

Maud Angelica looks so adorable.

Attachments

• 51463142.jpg
    51463142.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 213
  • 51463127.jpg
    51463127.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 180
  • 51463287.jpg
    51463287.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 51463068.jpg
    51463068.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 245
  • 51463129.jpg
    51463129.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 260
  • 51463123.jpg
    51463123.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 201
  • 51463094.jpg
    51463094.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 274
  • 51463136.jpg
    51463136.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 208
Great pictures mybags!

Love how Maud Angelica's jacket matchers her mom's bright, colourful sweater!

What a happy looking little girl she is!

New York, New York, Maud Angelica's kind of town!

Thanks for the great pictures mybags. They all look happy!

Attachments

• Scanpix-229174g.jpg
    Scanpix-229174g.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 267
  • Scanpix-229175g.jpg
    Scanpix-229175g.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 248
  • Scanpix-229176g.jpg
    Scanpix-229176g.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 228
  • Scanpix-229177g.jpg
    Scanpix-229177g.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 196
  • Scanpix-229178g.jpg
    Scanpix-229178g.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 177
  • Scanpix-229179g.jpg
    Scanpix-229179g.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 191
  • Scanpix-229181g.jpg
    Scanpix-229181g.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 234
  • Scanpix-229182g.jpg
    Scanpix-229182g.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 190
  • Scnapix-229180g.jpg
    Scnapix-229180g.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 203
What press conference and why didn't anyone tell me! I only live one block away!

What wonderful pictures...thank you. And finally little Maud Angelica´s hair is growing!

I just saw the press conference on the news. (The glory of cable in Denmark, getting Norwegian channels.) Maud Angelica was adorable.

I hope they spend long enough living here in New York that Maud Angelica gets to experience the NYC lifestyle. It's active and fun and it's so beautiful!

Thanks for all the lovely pictures, mybags and Mandy! The little family looks absolutely charming together - and little Maud Angelica looks so cute in all that colour! Smashing!

Last edited:
They will be spending their time in New York writing. Märtha will begin a new book, of Fairy tales from around the world. They will hire a nanny for Maud Angelica. From what I understood it doesn't seem like they will live in New York for a very long time, but *shrugs* I expect more clear article in tomorrow's papers.

I thought that part of the point (besides to experience the culture) of Martha Louise and Ari moving to New York City was so that they could have more privacy and some anonymity in their lives? Which isn't very conducive when you hold a press conference in such a public place (Central Park!) your first weekend there.

Also, I wonder who from the media was there at the press conference? No offence to Martha Louise and Ari and super adorable Maud Angelica, but does anyone in the American media really know who they are? Or was it predominantly European/Norwegian media who have followed the royal couple to NYC who were at athe press conference. (Which makes me wonder why they couldn't have had the press conference in Norway before they left since Martha Louise writing a children's book and Maud Angelica getting a nanny is not something that was likely determined on the plane ride over.)

Lastly (I swear my last question!), if some members of the Norwegian press have followed Martha Louise, Ari and Maud Angelica over to New York, will they be staying there until the family returns to Norway? Or are they just there for a couple of days before returning to Norway and will leave the family in peace and quiet?

In answer to your last question Alexandria, I think the press are only there for a few days. It was probably a "let them have their story and they'll leave us alone" plan. Martha Louise, Ari, and Maud Angelica will probably have a private stay in New York with minimal media intrusion. I wish them every happiness in their new life.

I too wondered why they couldn't have had the press conference in Norway before they left. But I suppose then, more than now, the photographers would follow them more, to get pictures of them in New York. Now they have some photos, with the skyskrapers in the background. (Not that photographers will be satisfied with that... but.) It's a bit the same reasoning the Royal family has when they arrange photo-shoots of the children at Skaugum. If the photographers get pictures then, they're supposed to stay away for the rest of the year.

But it is mostly to be like a normal family, I suppose. Or as normal as you can be with bodyguards.

I would presume it was only Norwegian/european media present, but who knows.

The article in VG: http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=249473

How long they will be staying is unsure, as they could move back in March when the new baby will be born, or they could live in New York for 1-2 years. They have considered enlisting Maud-Angelica in an American kindergarten, and she has her own nanny.

Some from Getty

Attachments

• 51463287.jpg
    51463287.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 51463160.jpg
    51463160.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 232
  • 51463152.jpg
    51463152.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 51463124.jpg
    51463124.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 51463123.jpg
    51463123.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 144
  • 51463118.jpg
    51463118.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 170
  • 51463107.jpg
    51463107.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 202
  • 51463097.jpg
    51463097.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 168
Oh brother ! What a tacky and disingenuous PR move for MaLo and the Behn to waste a nice sunny day to hold a press confrence for their egos ! It's they only way up and coming unkowns generate attention for themselves to get into Page 6 !Puhlease I can assure you that if they want privacy they will get it- Most people on NYC don't follow the lives of the Norwegian royals or any Euro royal house at all, I remember when the Prince & Princess of Orange were at a downtown gala event the police and even musicans didn't know who there were it was just a job/gig ! MaLo & Behn are are not the "celebrities" they image themselves to be!If Prince Wills decided to hold one because he wanted to spend a semester in Columbia or NYU then that's a whole diffrent ball game but I honest to god, they will not be mobbed by the press or people outside their home or wont be able to take the baby for walks in the park heck ,I won't be surprised if they hire actors to pretend to stop them on the streets for their autographs. I'm pretty sure when Infanta Elena arrived in NYC last year with Jaime and the kids they did not rush out to hold a press confrence !
Wittykitty

Well, the press conference was mainly for the Norwegian journalists, as far as I know it was in Norwegian. They do happen to be celebrities in Norway.

Bubbette said:
Is no one going to tell me what the conference was about!
The press conference was mainly about their plan to live in New York.

wittykitty said:
Oh brother ! What a tacky and disingenuous PR move for MaLo and the Behn to waste a nice sunny day to hold a press confrence for their egos ! It's they only way up and coming unkowns generate attention for themselves to get into Page 6 !Puhlease I can assure you that if they want privacy they will get it- Most people on NYC don't follow the lives of the Norwegian royals or any Euro royal house at all, I remember when the Prince & Princess of Orange were at a downtown gala event the police and even musicans didn't know who there were it was just a job/gig ! MaLo & Behn are are not the "celebrities" they image themselves to be!If Prince Wills decided to hold one because he wanted to spend a semester in Columbia or NYU then that's a whole diffrent ball game but I honest to god, they will not be mobbed by the press or people outside their home or wont be able to take the baby for walks in the park heck ,I won't be surprised if they hire actors to pretend to stop them on the streets for their autographs. I'm pretty sure when Infanta Elena arrived in NYC last year with Jaime and the kids they did not rush out to hold a press confrence !
Wittykitty
The press conference was held to update Norway's people. Not the US! I don't believe they fancy themselves celebrities at all. Instead they found a pretty location in the heart of their new home (as Central Park is GORGEOUS this time of year), and found it a good location to speak to the Norwegian press. I firmly believe that had they not held the press conference the Norwegian (and other Royal Press paparazzi) would have followed them to New York and would have been more of a hinderance. Marha Louise and Ari were doing what they know best to be for their family. Their country would wish to follow their progress, and know what was "up" and so they allowed them a small entrance into their world briefly to update so as to allow themselves privacy from their home country press...not from people in the US. They moved to New York because they wanted peace and quiet, and they know they are relative unknowns here. That people wouldn't bother with them, because most don't know who they are...

Basically it talks about how Märtha and Ari walk around in their neighbourhood, and Maud Angelica is trying out a tricycle with her new nanny.

Thanks norwegianne. I guess they are getting to know all their neighbours.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom