Princess Martha Louise And Ari Behn News and Pictures: June 2004 - November 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samitude

Courtier
Country
United States
Welcome to the new thread of Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn. Here's a link to the old thread.

Link: Old Thread

is she wearing gold shoes (a la the shoes Rania is being criticized for else-where on this webpage) ?

What is going on with Martha Louise, Ari and Maud? The last time we saw them was the Spanish wedding or the friend's wedding with the turquoise print dress, I think? And ages since we've seen Maud, even out for a walk with mom and dad.

Good question and aren't they suppose to be leaving for NY.

aren't they off to the "Big Apple" (ie: NYC) soon ?

May 29, 2004 - Märtha Louise attends a friend's wedding in Molde. (Fotomarktflatz)
June 2, 2004 - Tubfrim 75th Anniversary. (Brainpix)
June 5, 2004 - Vivil Games. (Scanpix)
June 5, 2004 - Vivil Games feast. (www.budstikka-no)
June 9, 2004 - Adventure tour Surnadal Kulturhus. (www.tk.no)
June 9, 2004 - Adventure tour Surnadal Kulturhus. (Tommy Fossum)
June 10, 2004 - Adventure tour Olavshallen. (Eivind Yggessth)
June 12, 2004 - Adventure tour Alvøen. (Trond Olav Skrunes)
June 12, 2004 - Adventure tour Alvøen.
June 12, 2004 - Adventure tour Alvøen. (Orjan Deisz)

Attachments

• 2004-05-29 Molde Wedding 01 FMP.jpg
    2004-05-29 Molde Wedding 01 FMP.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 541
  • 454789.jpg
    454789.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 294
  • Scanpix 198875h.jpg
    Scanpix 198875h.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 553
  • Budstikka-no 61602d.jpg
    Budstikka-no 61602d.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 417
  • 414545g.jpg
    414545g.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 271
  • 280000.jpg
    280000.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 430
  • 38000a.jpg
    38000a.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 526
  • 329023555.jpg
    329023555.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 547
  • 415804g.jpg
    415804g.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 391
  • 196900.jpg
    196900.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
Thank you for all the pictures Mandy. Good to see Martha Louise out and about. I think her bangs look great on her. And of course nice to see a new baby of Maud Angelica. She is growing up beautifully.

Originally posted by Dennism+Jul 17th, 2004 - 12:18 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dennism @ Jul 17th, 2004 - 12:18 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mandy@Jul 16th, 2004 - 9:33 pm
Adventure tour Olavshallen.
She looks thrilled to be there. [/b][/quote]
My first "out-loud-laugh" of the day and I haven't even finished my first cup of coffee! Dennison, you're priceless!

Elizajane

Thank you. Glad to make you laugh.

Great photos Mandy... Thanks a bunch:flower:

June 15, 2004 - Märtha Louise opens HiS Congress in Stavanger

Boy her outfit is quite shiny..

Thanks Genevieve & Alisa. Glad you enjoyed the pics.

Her face doesn't need make-up because for me it is always glowing and she has very cute cheeks. She has one of the freshest faces among all royal ladies.

There were some nice photos of Ari and MA in this week´s Point de Vue.

August 8, 2004 - Märtha Louise opened Music Festival in Elverum.
She is pictured with Leif Ove Andsnes, Norway's best pianist.

Pictures from Arne Meldahl & Geir Olsen

Attachments

• Arne Meldahl--440650g.JPG
    Arne Meldahl--440650g.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 436
  • Geir Olsen--46157.jpg
    Geir Olsen--46157.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 618
Last edited:
For all Märtha Louise fans.
June 22, 2004 - Märtha Louise opens Risør Kammermusikkfest.
July 18, 2004 - Märtha Louise and Ari Behn in Trondheim. (Are Mathisen)
July 23, 2004 - Hankø Festival.
July 23, 2004 - Hankø Adventure Story

Attachments

• risor-mid0018.JPG
    risor-mid0018.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 405
  • Are Mathisen--32616.jpg
    Are Mathisen--32616.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 516
  • 2Xart280.jpg
    2Xart280.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 543
  • f-b--301291953.jpg
    f-b--301291953.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:
I haven't heard any changes in their plans. The last thing that I read was that they still planned to moved and had put things on hold due to King Harald's illness. Of course, I may have missed new information on the topic. Maybe someone else here can be more certain.

Glad you liked the pics liliawodna! You may use them on your Yahoo forum if you wish.

Gigi, I'm afraid you're right about the planned move to NY. It's still on according to the Norwegian newspapers. However, Märtha Louise has a few more engagements before she leaves so we still have a chance for more pics of her.

Mandy said:
Glad you liked the pics liliawodna! You may use them on your Yahoo forum if you wish.

Thanks Mandy! I would like to place one of them on my site's homepage.

Mandy said:
June 15, 2004 - Märtha Louise opens HiS Congress in Stavanger

HiS is University College of Stavanger. They have a special centre for research on reading. And Märtha Louise has certainly put reading in the form of fairy tales in people's awareness. Which is why was chosen to open the congress.

Incidentally, HiS is the closest college to my home, and I've taken two year of studies there.

Mandy said:
I found an article in Nettavisen that I believe says that Märtha Louise will open another SOS-children's village in the near future. Would someone translate please. Thanks in advance.
Here is the link.
http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/innenriks/article263890.ece

NEW SOS CHILDREN'S VILLAGE:
Märtha to Murmansk
11.08.04 13:29

The Russian city Kandalaksha on the Kola penisula will have a visit from a genuine princess when a new SOS children's village is opened this weekend.

(Foto: Scanpix)

Around 100 children from Murmansk county will have a new home in the new Children's village in Kandalaksha, a three to four hour drive south of Murmansk city. The Children's village has cost 22 milion NKR to build, and 95 % of the amount has been contributed by Norwegian sponsors and private givers, General Secretary Svein Grønnern from SOS Children's Villages Norway tell NTB.

Princess Märtha Louise is high protector of SOS children's villages Norway, and have formerly opened children's villages in Estonia and Vietnam.

While visiting Murmansk the princess will also be visiting a youth project and meet representatives for several of the foster families that get support from SOS Children's villages Norway.

Take their time.
The children village in Kandalaksha with twelve family houses and an adjoining field to practise sport on is mostly done.

-But we take our time to get the children comfortable in the village. The plan says there shall be seven to eight children in each house. Every child shall have good time to acclimate themselves to their new family, to make the transition from their former life as easy as possible, Information manager in SOS Children's vilages Norway, Synne Rønning tells NTB.

Siblings who so far have been in separate fosterhomes, or institutions will in the future be living in the same family in the Children's village

- We do mostly wish to have children under the age of ten in the village, but if they have older brothers or sisters they will move into the same family, Rønning says.

Own houses
In Murmansk County there are about 3.000 orphans, or neglected children, who live in institutions or foster care. Now about 100 of them are given the possibility of a new future with mother and siblings in a house of their own.

Each of the families in the village have their own unity- a total of 12 houses, and all the houses are named after their Norwegian sponsors.

The plans for a Norwegian financed Children's village in the Murmansk area started in the late 1990s with the Norwegian action: "Help the neighbours' kids. The Children's village in Kandalaksha is the fourth SOS Children's village in Russia. The World wide organization SOS- Children's villages started their work in Russia in 1989.

Taking a trip.

It's not just the princess who's taking a trip to the Kola penisula this weekend. Joining her are about 130 people, among them sponsors, and other friends, volunteers, and employees of Children's villages.

- In addition to our board director, Sigbjørn Johnsen, General Secretary Svein Grønnern, and head of SOS- Children's Villages council, Kaci Kullman Five, joining the group that travels to Murmansk, Synne Rønning says. The journey is by charter plane from Oslo.

Among the many volunteers are also two pupils from Medkila School in Harstad. The pupils at Medkila are especially engaged in the work that SOS children's villages does.

Perhaps a little wonky translation, but I did my best in the time I had.

norwegianne said:
NEW SOS CHILDREN'S VILLAGE:
Märtha to Murmansk......

Perhaps a little wonky translation, but I did my best in the time I had.

Much better than I would have done Anne! Give or take a few years... with a dictionary! :confused: Thank you so much.

Princess' family New York-bound at last

After a few postponements, Princess Martha Louise and her husband Ari Behn are going ahead with their long-planned move to New York City. The couple will take their baby daughter Maud Angelica and launch a new life in the Big Apple from October.

The princess and her author husband, known for his attraction to the trendy urban lifestyle, initially wanted to move to New York soon after they married in 2002. But then she got pregnant and wanted to have the baby in Norway.

Plans to move resurfaced, and were made public, in early 2003, only to be put on ice once again, allegedly because the princess' brother, Crown Prince Haakon, was expecting his first child and next heir to the throne.

Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn had planned to move with their new daughter Maud Angelica in October of last year, but then Behn had a new book coming out and the princess said she wanted to stay in Norway until Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit's child was born.

That happened in January, but by then King Harald had been diagnosed with bladder cancer. Once again, the move to New York was put off.

With their royal connections, the family won't have any trouble getting the otherwise difficult-to-obtain visas and residence permits for the US. Speculation rose earlier this summer, however, that the move to New York was being postponed indefinitely because the couple reportedly was having trouble finding a place to live.

But when asked about the move during a visit to a children's home in Russia on Sunday, Princess Martha Louise told newspaper Aftenposten, that the move was back on. "Yes, we're moving," she said, after first saying she didn't want to answer.

The move will occur in October, but the princess gave no further details. The couple's new home in suburban Lommedalen is due to undergo extensive renovations, presumably making it convenient for the couple to seek lodgings elsewhere, but expansion plans at the property have raised protests from environmentalists.

Last edited:
Fugledans og sterke inntrykk for Märtha

Dagen startet med en munter fugledans for prinsesse Märtha Louise. Men senere mandag fikk Russlands-besøket et langt mer alvorlig preg for SOS-barnebyers høye norske beskytter.

Avdukning. Prinsesse Märtha Louise avduker en plakett under den offisielle åpningen av SOS-ungdomsprosjekt i den russiske byen Montsjegorsk mandag.

Et besøk på en institusjon for handikappede og mentalt tilbakestående barn i byen Montsjegorsk på Kola-halvøya gjorde et sterkt inntrykk på prinsessen og de øvrige i det norske følget. Her er 215 barn i alderen fire til 18 år plassert. De yngste barna var plassert på store sovesaler med rundt 20 senger i hver.

- Det var sterkt å se, veldig sterkt, var prinsessens kommentar etter besøket.

Fosterfamilier og fugledans
Prinsesse Märtha Louise overnattet i gjestehuset i SOS-barnebyen i Kandalaksha ved Kvitsjøen natt til mandag. Før hun dro videre til Montsjegorsk, møtte hun flere fosterfamilier i Kandalaksha. Møtet fant sted i barnebyen, og flere av barna og de voksne tok prinsessen med seg i en munter fugledans etter en orientering om fosterhjemsprosjektet som er unikt i russisk sammenheng.

Russerne har hittil sendt de fleste foreldreløse og forsømte barn til store institusjoner. Nå får barn i Murmansk fylke mulighet til å komme til en fosterfamilie fremfor på institusjon.

Til sammen 56 familier og 89 barn er på plass i prosjektet som foreløpig drives i regi av SOS-barnebyer Norge. Både fra norsk og russisk side er man veldig fornøyd med prosjektet, som har pågått siden 2000. Etter planen skal Murmansk fylke selv overta finansiering og oppfølging fra neste år.

15-åringen Alona, som engasjerte Märtha til fugledans, er en av seks biologiske søsken som for et par år siden fikk to nye fostersøsken i familien.

- Jeg synes det var vanskelig til å begynne med. Men jeg forstår jo at mange barn trenger en ny familie. Nå går det veldig bra, sier Alona til NTB og ser kjærlig på sin to år yngre fostersøster Sasha. Sammen med en tredje søster, Kristina, synger de i skolekoret og er ellers svært aktive med sang og dans.

http://www.aftenposten.no/multimedia/archive/00215/__007430_jpg_215065h.jpg

http://www.aftenposten.no/multimedia/archive/00215/PRINSESSE__007429_j_215064h.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom