Princess Märtha Louise & Ari Behn Current Events Part 6

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will anyone here be lucky enough to be in the US to see her at one of her book signings? According to norway.org (the article posted by kirstengrafin) she will be in New York, North Dakota, Seattle, Poulsbo and Los Angeles. I'm looking forward to photos and press from the events. :)

Last edited:
redeye215 said:
Will anyone here be lucky enough to be in the US to see her at one of her book signings? Acoording to norway.org (the article posted by kirstengrafin) she will be in New York, North Dakota, Seattle, Poulsbo and Los Angeles. I'm looking forward to photos and press from the events. :)
I know it would be hard for her to do so, but I wish she would come to Australia for a book tour. I would love the opportunity to meet her 'up close'. But I agree redeye215; I can't wait to see new photos of Märtha Louise.

Yes, it would be so good to see her in Australia, even if it wasn't for the book. Do you know if she will be eventually publishing it here?

redeye215 said:
Yes, it would be so good to see her in Australia, even if it wasn't for the book. Do you know if she will be eventually publishing it here?
I've had a little look around, and I can't find any information about whether it will be published here or not. It is listed on Amazon though, so you can still get a copy (when it's launched): http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1575340372/qid=1127800154/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-5465403-7783943?v=glance&s=books If anyone has any information about the countries it will be published in, I would like to know as well. I'm really hoping that her, Ari, Leah and Maud decide to visit Australia for the Commonwealth Games. :p

She is going to the US to promote her childrenbook «Why Kings and Queens Don't Wear Crowns». Leah are going with her back again and shes going to try that there will be none pictures of Leah. And some old stuff like why she gave up her HRH.

Are there any recent pictures of the family?

The Norwegian tax-lists for 2004 have been released. A translation of the article from VG: http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=108167
Taxes 2004 - Milion sale for Märtha. But poor year for Ari.

(VG Nett) Princess Märtha Louise earned 1,4 milion NOK last year. Her husband, Ari Behn, earned 120,000 NOK.
by CAMILLA RYSTE

Ari doesn't have a fortune to show. Märtha on the other hand, is listed with 16 milion NOK as a fortune, according to numbers revealed today.

Ari & Märtha spent last year living in New York with their daughter Maud Angelica.

In Norway Ari arranged a fashion show with the designer Baron von Bulldogg and summer festival with director Harald Zwart.

Neither of the arrangements paid off for Ari, who according to the tax lists of 2004, earned 120,941 NOK and paid 40,379 of them in taxes.

Royal book sale.

Märtha's book "Why Kings and Queens don't wear Crowns" was sent out on the marked in the fall and was included in the Christmas sales.

It paid off. The Princess is listed with an income of over 1,4 milion NOK.

In 2003 Märtha earned over 600, 000 NOK and had a personal fortune of 18 milion NOK.

Compared to 2003, Ari's income fell. Then the Princess Consort had an income of 901,100 NOK, and paid 412,972 of them in taxes. He also had a fortune of 154,000 NOK. Ari's book "Bakgård" was published in 2003.

The article goes on to talk about the economy of their friends.

I feel your pain! I have been checking that show since Saturday morning and not one mention of her. My only consolation is that it is not a classy news show...I wonder how they would have treated her.

I think an interview w/her is supposed to be aired today by NPR www.npr.org
If you cannot hear it live I believe it can be accessed later on their website. I wasn't able to find any info about this interview on the website, I am relying on a post here from last week saying it was scheduled. I will provide the link later if it exists.
http://www.npr.org

Thanks, Lady Jean. I think the Leonard Lopate show website will put up an mp3 stream of the interview tomorrow. NPR is a good place to search; maybe something has been posted by now.

I couldn't find anything on NPR but on the Leonard Lopate Show (WNYC) website it says he interviewed her. I couldn't seem to find an audio file, perhaps it isn't up yet.

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/lopate/episodes/10102005

Scroll down a bit and there is a small blurb on the interview and a picture of Martha, Ari and their daughters.

Edit: I managed to catch most of the interview because they replay it at 3am (only because of the time difference, its late afternoon where I am!) It was a good interview, I missed the beginning, but he talked to her about the history of the Norwegian monarchy, her life as a princess, the paparazzi, a bit about Ari and MM and ML practising physiotherapy. She said she has to live with the paparazzi but she thinks out of all the royal families the British royals have the worst time with them . :)

Last edited:
She seemed a bit tentative in the start of the interview. Maybe a bit flustered when explaining things that are familiar to her in Norwegian, like the situation with a last name...

Thanks for the interesting link.

Thanks for the link! That's the first time I've heard Märtha Louise's voice! :)

1-2 Princess Märtha Louise reading from her book in Seatlle. Pictures from Seattle Times, posted by Lotte at SRMB
3-5 Ari and Maud Angelica at Oslo Horseshow, from www.isifa.com

Attachments

• 2002563757.jpg
    2002563757.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 383
  • 2002563830.jpg
    2002563830.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 267
  • is_11283061.jpg
    is_11283061.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 413
  • is_11283063.jpg
    is_11283063.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 406
  • is_11283062.jpg
    is_11283062.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 749
Larzen said:
1-2 Princess Märtha Louise reading from her book in Seatlle. Pictures from Seattle Times, posted by Lotte at SRMB
3-5 Ari and Maud Angelica at Oslo Horseshow, from www.isifa.com
Märta look great as always! Maud Angelica is soooooo cute!

Märtha and Ari and their girls are in Hawaii
cover: Se og Hør

Attachments

• jksdf.jpg
    jksdf.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 953
Is that really Leah? She has grown sooo much!

And btw, are that Se og Hor with the hawaii pictures still on Monday or? If they still are there on Monday, I can buy it.

Pictures of the family on Hawaii, scanned from Se og Hor

Attachments

• leaha.JPG
    leaha.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,259
  • ari.JPG
    ari.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 311
  • Color0001mart.JPG
    Color0001mart.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 2,273
  • maud.JPG
    maud.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 850
  • martha.JPG
    martha.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 14,776
  • martie.JPG
    martie.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 528
Marta Luisa of Norway, with the ill children of Oslo

Princess Marta Luisa of Norway gave a prize to professor Oystein Forre, by its work with the children who suffer the arteritis disease. The Princess visited the association of minors who undergo this ailment in Oslo, Norway, and spoke with some of the affected children.

www.hola.com

Attachments

• martaluisa-noruega.jpg
    martaluisa-noruega.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 725
1 from aftenposten :

Attachments

• BURG__044105_jpg_342697h.jpg
    BURG__044105_jpg_342697h.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 709
Status
Not open for further replies.