Princess Ingrid Alexandra News and pictures: January 2004 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
betina said:
She is also named after queen Ingrid of Denmark.
Alexander was his first name but after they moved to Norway Alexander ´was given the name Olav by his father, and his father took the name Haakon instead of Carl.

Betina

I don't think Haakon and Mette-Marit's daughter is named after the late Danish Queen Ingrid. I think it was more likely after the Norwegian Queen and familial reasons.

I didn't think there was any social connection or significance of Haakon to Denmark's Queen Ingrid (such as he was not her godmother or anything of that sort) other than the connection between the Scandinavian monarchies.

Ingrid Alexandra has fallen victim to the German tabloid, reports VG http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=101297

They claim that the Norwegian people, and the Crown Prince couple, are very concerned about the fact that Ingrid Alexandra has so little hair, and worries that it is some mystical disease. The German tabloid/magazine cites no real source in the article.

A doctor for children that VG asked, said that little hair was normal at that age, and nothing to worry about.

The Palace says they are aware of the rumours.

norwegianne said:
Ingrid Alexandra has fallen victim to the German tabloid, reports VG http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=101297

They claim that the Norwegian people, and the Crown Prince couple, are very concerned about the fact that Ingrid Alexandra has so little hair, and worries that it is some mystical disease. The German tabloid/magazine cites no real source in the article.

What a horrible, attrocious story. Now they are picking on an innocent little child who isn't even a year old yet? :mad:

It's one thing when the tabloids pick on Ingrid Alexandra's parents. I don't necessarily like it then either, but at least they are adults and can defend themselves (or not defend themselves). But Ingrid Alexandra is so small and defenceless.

I guess the saving grace is that she is too young to understand these ridiculous petty attacks on her.

Lord, it's perfectly normal. I didn't have any hair at all when I was a year old.

Geez, don't those German tabloids have anything better do to? Come on, there must be an Elvis sighting somewhere! :p

I don't speak German, is there an english version of the article? But even without reading it, I agree it is horrible to start rumours about a 10 month old child!!

yes, i agree as well. it's totally annoying they start picking on a baby...

Look this adorable first picture of Ingrid with Haakon and Marius .

ETA: Picture from www.cover.es

Attachments

• bebe ingrid.jpg
    bebe ingrid.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 652
Last edited by a moderator:
corazon said:
Look this adorable first picture of Ingrid with Haakon and Marius .

Thanks for the picture corazon. What is this from? An exhibit about Ingrid Alexandra? The royal family as a whole?

Also, who is the baby in the middle -- the biggest image in black and white. It sort of looks like Ingrid Alexandra but I'm not sure.

Its a jewellery box that Queen Sonja pasted pictures on (I belive it is called decopage, she has learned it from Queen Margrethe) as agift for Ingrid on her baptism, You can see the diamond and ruby heart in the box. It is Ingrid on all the pictures.

http://www.vg.no/bilder/bildarkiv/1082210023.88235.jpg

http://www.nrk.no/img/364792.jpeg

http://www.nrk.no/img/364791.jpeg

http://cache.aftenposten.no/multimedia/archive/00190/D_P_000555_jpg_190288h.jpg

http://cache.aftenposten.no/multimedia/archive/00190/D_P_000556_jpg_190289h.jpg

Was the necklace from QMII or from Queen Sonja? Thanks..

Alisa said:
Was the necklace from QMII or from Queen Sonja? Thanks..
I think Larzen means that the necklace came from Ingrid Alexandra's grandmother, Queen Sonja, who also adorned the jewellery box with the various images.

The idea or craft, however, for adorning the jewellery box was originally Queen Margrethe's, the artist.

January 21, birthday of Princess Ingrid Alexandra will now be an official Flag Flying Day. At the same time, September 22, birthday of Princess Martha Louise, official Flag Flying has been abolished.

Here is the link to the article...

www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=257215

The new list of official Flag Flying days

January 1: New Year's Day
January 21: Princess Ingrid Alexandra's Birthday
February 6: Sami People's Day
February 21: King Harald's Birthday
May 1: Labor Day
May 8: Liberation Day 1945
May 17: National Holiday
June 7: Dissolution of Union with Sweden, 1905
July 4: Queen Sonja's Birthday
July 20: Crown Prince Haakon's Birthday
July 29: Olsok
August 19: Crown Princess Mette Marit's Birthday
December 25: Christmas Day

Attachments

• 1093842583.37619.jpg
    1093842583.37619.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 604
Last edited:
Interesting. Can someone explain what exactly flag flying day is? Don't you fly the flag everyday in Norway? (Or am I just showing my stupidity in asking?!?!) Are official flag flying days something like Government holidays or something perhaps?

Also why would Martha Louise's birthday have been taken off the list?

Britters said:
Interesting. Can someone explain what exactly flag flying day is? Don't you fly the flag everyday in Norway? (Or am I just showing my stupidity in asking?!?!) Are official flag flying days something like Government holidays or something perhaps?

Also why would Martha Louise's birthday have been taken off the list?
Martha Louise's birthday is no longer a flag flying day because she is not part of the royal family anymore. She gave up her HRH status when she married like her aunts did. The royal family now consists only of the King, Queen, the Crown Prince couple and baby Ingrid.

Vicomtesse said:
Martha Louise's birthday is no longer a flag flying day because she is not part of the royal family anymore. She gave up her HRH status when she married like her aunts did. The royal family now consists only of the King, Queen, the Crown Prince couple and baby Ingrid.
But didn't that happen a while ago, why wasn't it removed the day she married? Or at least shortly after she married Ari? That does make sense, I'm just curious as to why it happened so "long" after the couple wed.

And what is a flag flying day? Do you know?

Flag flying days means that all public buildings (and many private persons) put up their flag which we usually dont do every day in Norway, except from military buildingds where tha flag flies every day I think. Some flag flying days are also public holidays such as May 1, May 17 (national day) New years day and Christmas day. The royal birthdays are usual workingdays as are also May 8, june 7 and Sami peoples day.

To introduce a new flag flying day it has to be signed in State Council which was what the King did yesterday wiht Ingrids birthday. I dont know why Märtha has lost her flag day now, The Kings sisters birthaday are not flag days either. Its still ofcourse allowed to put up the flag on Märthas birthday but its not recquired for public buildings to do it. Hope it helps, this is not the things I know most about.

Märtha did not give up HRH when she married but some months before

Last edited:
Princess Ingrid Alexandra is up for VG's Norwegian Name of the Year award, among the other nominees are World Idol Kurt Nilsen, different athletes, politicians, etc.

http://interaktiv.vg.no/avstemning/konkurranse/?id=2470

Since they take adresses, it seems like only people with a Norwegian adress may vote, but I'm not sure.

And 2 from Getty and polfoto:

Attachments

• IA5.jpg
    IA5.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 491
  • IA6.jpg
    IA6.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 460
Those interested in seeing them moving, NRK has a video from the gingerbread-baking on their webpages.

More pics from Fotomarktplatz

Is it just me or is IA the cutest baby ever!!! In fact, she's at the top of my "cutest royal babies" list.

Attachments

• 1149202_b.jpg
    1149202_b.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 671
  • 1149204_b.jpg
    1149204_b.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 627
  • 1149206_b.jpg
    1149206_b.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 607
  • 1149209_b.jpg
    1149209_b.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 588
  • 1149210_b.jpg
    1149210_b.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 622
  • 1149205_b.jpg
    1149205_b.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 593
  • 1149212_b.jpg
    1149212_b.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 472
  • 1149213_b.jpg
    1149213_b.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 321
  • 1149214_b.jpg
    1149214_b.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 401
  • 1149203_b.jpg
    1149203_b.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
More pics...

ETA: Pictures from ANB

Attachments

• CA0PYZIR.jpg
    CA0PYZIR.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 584
  • CAOTMX1Y.jpg
    CAOTMX1Y.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 568
  • CABUCZNL.jpg
    CABUCZNL.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 550
  • CAAZ0P21.jpg
    CAAZ0P21.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 568
  • CA19JF7R.jpg
    CA19JF7R.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 490
  • CA6VM5YX.jpg
    CA6VM5YX.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 578
  • CA05IJSX.jpg
    CA05IJSX.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 643
  • CAX0NE7N.jpg
    CAX0NE7N.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 496
  • CAVQMXJ7.jpg
    CAVQMXJ7.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 475
  • CAUBC7N8.jpg
    CAUBC7N8.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 486
Thanks for the pictures pdas. Here is a big ANB picture of Ingrid Alexandra.

Attachments

• ANB-515293g.jpg
    ANB-515293g.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
I think the apron is just extremely cute :) She was really eager to show off all the things she knew, in the video, stretch her hands, etc...

A few more pics without any watermark. Found them at Sol

Attachments

• nn 01.jpg
    nn 01.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 597
  • nn 02.jpg
    nn 02.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 349
  • nn 03.jpg
    nn 03.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 357
  • nn 04.jpg
    nn 04.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 352
I read somewhere that someone thought that the wallpaper reminded them of a certain bad outfit worn recently by Princess Claire! Anyway, beautiful photos. Super-cute baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom