Princess Ingrid Alexandra News and pictures: January 2004 - July 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Josefine@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 4:40 am
she has now her very own thread.
Yes! She "Ingrid" has her own thread! I think the name, Ingrid Alexandra "flows fluentingly and is quite feminine" :heart: :heart: ! BUT, I have a another question of a general nature regarding one photo involving an ambulance. I don't know whether she was going home for the first time and then having to rush back to the hospital or what ~ so, I hope someone can clear this up for me. I just can't make out what is happening there.

The photo shows an ambulance hooked up to "another vehicle of some sort" with one man facing toward the camera and one guy with his back to us, probably to shield her from the press and us ~ and, I think another guy is sliding into the ambulance beside her ~ to make room for a stretcher. Then, there are "two long bent pink things" like skiing boots ?? ... Mette-Marit's legs, maybe .. ?? At one angle, where the two front bent pink things stop, it looks as though it may be Mette-Marit's stomach area which was significantly large ~ as one may have when they're 9 months pregnant. Now, "this figure" is either her "going into" the ambulance or "coming out" of the ambulance.

Can anyone correctly identify this photo? I just can't tell "what's going on" in this photo and this, so far, is only one of three that I've seen. :unsure: :unsure:

TIA!
Elizajane :heart:

She was going into the ambulance and away from the hospital. Haakon drove them to the hospital, so no ambulance was used then, and no photographer was allowed up at Skaugum.

Presents for a newborn princess

Flowers and gifts streamed in to little Ingrid Alexandra on Thursday as well-wishers queued in biting cold outside the palace in order to write a greeting in the palace ledger and drop off a token of their affection for Norway's first female heir to the throne.

After ministers and diplomats had registered their congratulations in the palace album ordinary citizens in all ages patiently waited their turn to record their message to the newborn princess and her parents.

Palace staff was busy handling the flood of greetings and gifts.

"There have been lots of flowers and other gifts, letters and drawings from far and near, high and low," said palace information chief Wenche Rasch.

Two of the palace staff are nearly fully occupied with registering and sorting everything that comes in, and first bouquets and presents must go through x-ray security.

Afterwards the gifts and flowers rest in the lower floor of the palace before being sent on to the crown prince couple's residence in Skaugum, in Asker, about 25 minutes drive from Oslo.

The waiting bounty includes toys, books, and home-knitted clothing, all visible signs of the affection the Norwegian people already hold for their future queen.

So for sure her name is Ingrid Alexandra? What a beautiful name. Love it! Haakon and Matte-Marit must be proud. Congrats to all four of them (Marius included).

So does this mean that she is defanitly the future Queen of Norway? After all I am not sure as to wether or not she might be passed up by any future brothers born. Like Martha Louis was...... or has the constitution or family law changed since then?

Thank you.

HM Queen Ingrid I of Norway
HM Queen Ingrid Alexandra I of Norway
HM Queen Alexandra I of Norway

not bad for some future possibilities....

From Hello Magazine:

Norways New Princess Gets a Name

22 JANUARY 2004
Two days after Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway welcomed their new daughter, the country's prime minister Kjell Magne Bondevik revealed the little one's name.

The newborn heir to the throne is called Ingrid Alexandra – a moniker, revealed the statesman, which carries significant royal weight.

Ingrid, a popular Norwegian girls' name is also a prominent name in the Bernadotte family tree, including Queen Ingrid, the current Queen Margrethe's mother. "The name… is also used in the crown princess' family, and is therefore a fine combination of the two," explained Bondevik. He also remarked that Alexandra is derived from King Olav, the baby's great-grandfather, who was originally called Alexander.

And as the Norwegian public celebrates the birth of the future queen, first-time dad Crown Prince Haakon has spoken for the first time about his little princess, born on Monday. Calling baby Ingrid "the finest, most beautiful little girl in the world", he said her arrival was "a powerful and wonderful experience".

From Hello Magazine:

Norway Welcomes Birth of First Female Heir to the Throne

21 JANUARY 2004
The Norwegian royal family is celebrating today after Princess Mette-Marit gave birth to a baby girl. Both mother and child are said to be doing well after the infant was delivered without complications at 9.14am.

Crown Prince Haakon, who is acting regent while his father King Harald recovers from a recent operation, drove his wife to hospital at 4 o'clock on Wednesday morning. A few hours later, in a swiftly prepared press room at Norway's Rikshospitalet Hospital, the birth was officially announced.

And the new princess has extra-special status, as she is Norway's first ever female heir to the throne. Those eager to know the infant's name will have to wait a while longer, however, because it will not be divulged until a press conference later in the week.

For the meantime, Mette-Marit and Haakon will be enjoying some quality time with their new arrival. Every preparation had been made at the hospital, which says it gained valuable experience from the birth of Princess Martha Louise's baby, Maud Angelica, last April.

Originally posted by chanel@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 1:31 pm
So does this mean that she is defanitly the future Queen of Norway? After all I am not sure as to wether or not she might be passed up by any future brothers born. Like Martha Louis was...... or has the constitution or family law changed since then?
Unless we Norwegians abolish the monarchy, or something happens to her, she will be Queen of Norway. That's finite.

The Constitution was changed in 1990, giving the oldest child, regardless of sex, rights to the throne. Unlike in Sweden (with Victoria and Carl Philip) Haakon remained the heir to the throne.

The line of succession to the Norwegian throne is as follows:
1. HRH Crown Prince Haakon.
2. HRH Princess Ingrid Alexandra
3. Princess Märtha Louise
4. Maud Angelica Behn.

Princess Ragnhild, Mrs. Lorentzen, and her offspring, and Princess Astrid, Mrs. Ferner, and her offspring have no rights to the throne. Ironically, most of them have a right to the British throne. (None of Princess Ragnhild's children, as they all married catholics, and one of Princess Astrid's grandchildren, as it was born out of wedlock.) But no rights to the Norwegian throne.

I hope Martha Louise becomes queen. She'd be awesome.

Originally posted by Dennism@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 1:40 pm
I hope Martha Louise becomes queen. She'd be awesome.
Maybe she would be, but as that would have some dire consequences for Haakon and Ingrid I hope not. :blink:

I think Martha Louise is very cool, but Long Live CP Haakon and Princess Ingrid Alexandra!

" Maybe she would be, but as that would have some dire consequences for Haakon and Ingrid I hope not"

O, well. Maybe niece will be like aunt. Who knows? But I think the aunt would be just fine.

for those who have been puzzeled about this thread, the posts about the princess name was moved to the name thread, we got a great name thread

so this thread can be for pictures and news about the princess......

Picture taken by Crown Prince Haakon.

Four photos were relased by the Palace today, all are taken by the Crown prince.

Bilder av H.K.H. Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra

Det Kongelige Hoff har frigitt fire fotografier av Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra, til redaksjonelt bruk - ikke salg. Prinsessen er fotografert av sin far, Hans Kongelige Høyhet Kronprinsen. Billedbyrået Scanpix står for distribusjon av bildene.

I really think she looks like Haakon.

Attachments

• 1074797167.jpg
    1074797167.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 623
  • x.jpg
    x.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 484
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 401
  • as.jpg
    as.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 417
Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by norwegianne@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 2:03 pm
Four photos were relased by the Palace today, all are taken by the Crown prince.

Bilder av H.K.H. Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra

Det Kongelige Hoff har frigitt fire fotografier av Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra, til redaksjonelt bruk - ikke salg. Prinsessen er fotografert av sin far, Hans Kongelige Høyhet Kronprinsen. Billedbyrået Scanpix står for distribusjon av bildene.
My good she´s so qute. So littel and so sweet.
It´s funny to think that we all haf been so littel in a part of our life don´t you all think ???
;) ;) :p :p :p ;) ;)

Yep. She's adorable. If you look at baby pictures of Haakon, you'll see the similarities. Mostly around the eyes.

There are worse people to look like :) Her dad's a cutie, and reminds me of his mom, who's a very nice looking lady, so, the wee one's in good company.

Thank you for posting wonderful pictures, norwegianne and nicoline. :flower:

Princess Ingrid Alexandra is so cute! I also think that she looks like her daddy. I wish she is always with happiness!

waw she looks like her father :) she's so cute (L)

Originally posted by norwegianne@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 2:25 pm
She was going into the ambulance and away from the hospital. Haakon drove them to the hospital, so no ambulance was used then, and no photographer was allowed up at Skaugum.
Thanks for your answer to my question, Norwegianne. I can always count on your swift replies ~ plus, "correcting" me from time to time. You should be a travel guide, a history professor, or a librarian ~ all good talents! :heart: ... but, of course, you live in Norway whereas I live in Texas, however, you live in Norway whereas I live in Texas!

Elizajane

she's soooooooooooooooooo cute :heart: really sweet !

Originally posted by liliawodna@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 4:06 pm
Yes, she is cute and looks just like Haakon ;)
Yes, she does resemble Haakon, however, I have to agree with him when he said that the baby looked a little like him and a little like Mette-Marit. I do see something around the eyes which resembles Mette-Marit a bit. "Ingrid" looks like she has some cognitive skills for just being less than 48 hours old, don't you think? She doesn't look "fussy" or "out of sorts" ~ and, that may come in handy at nighttime ~ to give her parents much needed sleep ~ although one may wonder if they hired "a nanny" to tend to such needs. That "sideway glance" in the last photo sure looks like Mette-Marit IMHO. I'm just thrilled that she is here and healthy! :heart:

Elizajane

My goodness, she is one of the most alert babies I've seen! What a beauty!

Juliane

wow...she looks really like her daddy (and like her granny Sonja)...but usually babies resemble in the first months more to the father...so she could still "change"...though I believe that she will look very different from her half-brother...and I think she will stay dark-haired...a dark-haired beauty, who will turn the heads of the young european princes...ok, it´s maybe too early to speculate...now this cute little girl should just sleep and drink much and enjoy the new world...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom