Princess Ingrid Alexandra News and pictures: January 2004 - July 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by norwegianne@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 2:03 pm
Four photos were relased by the Palace today, all are taken by the Crown prince.
Terrific pictures! Little Ingrid Alexandra certainly does look like her daddy as a baby. Although she would've had good physical genes either way!

Is it traditional with the Norwegian royals (as it is with the Dutch royals) for the new dad to take the first picture of the baby? Princess Juliana took the first picture of (then-Princess) Beatrix, Prince Claus took the first picture of baby Willem, and Willem took the first picture of Catharina-Amalia.

Hopefully we'll see some more pictures in the next few days of Ingrid Alexandra with both her parents, with her grandparents and brother Marius.

She does look alot like Haakon, but I also think that she looks like Mette-Marit. What a pretty little baby. She is very alert. How sweet. :)

HRH Princess Ingrid Alexandra is such a cute and adorable baby :flower:

She inherits her physical appearance to both families. For me she has the eyes of her dad, CP Haakon and her skin is from her mother. She is very gorgeous just like her grandmother, Queen Sonja and her mother.

What really impressed me the first time I saw her was not only her beauty but also her poise and gracefulness! If you would observe other newborn babies, they are just lying there the way they liked it but with the princess, she has really piose.
Just try to observe her hands and her head. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's really the tradition of Norway's royals that their newborn babies have only 2 names.

Just like Princess Martha-Louise and then Crown Prince Haakon Magnus.

I would just like to ask who were the past Norwegian Royals who had more than 2 names???

Originally posted by Alexandria@Jan 22nd, 2004 - 7:43 pm
Is it traditional with the Norwegian royals (as it is with the Dutch royals) for the new dad to take the first picture of the baby? Princess Juliana took the first picture of (then-Princess) Beatrix, Prince Claus took the first picture of baby Willem, and Willem took the first picture of Catharina-Amalia.

Hopefully we'll see some more pictures in the next few days of Ingrid Alexandra with both her parents, with her grandparents and brother Marius.
It's not tradititional at all. Usually a professional photographer takes the first pictures that are published. Those photos come three days after the birth, or so. But the photographer who normally takes these pictures, has stated that the Crown Prince has done an awesome job.

My guess, which coincides with VGs, is that the Crown Prince, who most likely has inherited his mother's talents for photographing, was so proud of his new daughter... :flower: Which he had every right to be.

Plus, it was most likely a digital camera, which would make it very easy to put out on the webpages of the royal family. As opposed to when the pictures of Haakon were taken in '73.

Originally posted by paulette@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 3:08 am
I would just like to ask who were the past Norwegian Royals who had more than 2 names???
Princess Astrid = Astrid Maud Ingeborg.

The Crown Princess' brother and sister visited Ingrid Alexandra yesterday, and even they think she looks more like Haakon than their sister.

"No, it's just the father. They look very much alike. The only thing she might have from Mette-Marit is the long fingers" - Proud Aunt.

Maternal grandfather was shown a picture and thinks that she looks most like the Royal family, and especially her aunt Princess Märtha Louise.

He also approved very much of the name as his mother was called Ingrid Andrea and his new grand-daughter is called Ingrid Alexandra.

vg.no

Slik blir hennes liv

Prinsesse Alexandra er ingen «vanlig» jente. Likevel ønsker foreldrene at barndommen og oppveksten hennes skal bli så normal som mulig.

Av PER LILLELIEN, MARTIN NILSEN, ELLEN LIMSTRAND

MYE ANSVAR: Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra må bære mye ansvar på sine skuldre, men frem til hun blir tenåring, kan hun leve mer eller mindre som andre barn. Foto: H.K.H. Kronprins Haakon
Å bli født inn i kongefamilien er å bli født til et liv bestående av plikter. Det slipper imidlertid lille Ingrid Alexandra (2 dager) å bekymre seg for - foreløpig. Hennes foreldre er fast bestemt på at hun skal få en oppvekst så normal som mulig og så lik andre barns som mulig. Både Kronprinsen og hans søster Märtha Louise gikk i Føyka kommunale barnehage i Asker. Trolig vil også Ingrid Alexandra tråkke rundt på ustø føtter, pådra seg skrubbsår på kneet og krangle i sandkassen med sine fremtidige undersåtter i en kommunal barnehage.

- De fleste familiene velger en barnehage som ligger i nærmiljøet. Det hadde vært veldig hyggelig om prinsessen begynner hos oss, sier styrer Merete Starheim Waarli ved Solgården barnehage - som ligger like nedenfor Skaugum.

Naturavdelinger

Barnehagen som har egne naturavdelinger og er åpen mellom 07.00 om morgenen og 20.00 om kvelden, ligger like ved Jansløkka skole hvor Marius i dag går. Trolig vil Ingrid Alexandra begynne i første klasse her når den tid kommer.

Smestad skole i Oslo kan også være et alternativ. Her gikk både kronprins Haakon og prinsesse Märtha Louise de første seks skoleårene.

- Vi forventer ikke at vår nye arveprinsesse skal begynne hos oss av den grunn. Det mest nærliggende er vel at hun begynner på skole i Asker hvor hun bor, hvis jeg forstår foreldrene rett, sier rektor på Smestad skole, Gro Høyvik, til VG.

Uansett er Marius allerede ungdomsskoleelev når prinsessen blir skolejente. Hun får dermed ikke dra nytten av tryggheten det er å ha en storebror på samme skole.

Kronprinsparet vil ikke motta barnetrygd eller kontantstøtte slik andre foreldre gjør. De kongelige er fritatt fra skatte- og avgiftsplikten. Det har heller ikke vært praksis at de har mottatt slike ytelser.

Derimot får de alle sine inntekter gjennom apanasje - og fra gårdsdriften på Skaugum.

Årene på barneskolen blir viktige i prinsessens liv. Ikke bare legger hun grunnlaget for mye kunnskap og visdom der. Her vil hun også knytte vennskapsbånd - noen av dem for livet.

På fritiden kan vår nye prinsesse velge og vrake blant tilbud i nærmiljøet hjemme i Asker.

Skulle hun arve sin prinsessetantes interesse for hest, kan hun melde seg på ridekurs på Dikemark Ride- og Fritidsklubb. At senteret har adresse Slottsberget, skulle vel også passe en fremtidig dronning.

- Hun bør begynne å ri når hun blir større. Det er det morsomste jeg vet, sier ti år gamle Elida Hansen Døving, som rir den hvite hesten Lotte når VG er innom ridesenteret.

Kronprins Haakon og kronprinsesse Mette-Marit skrev Marius inn i Asker turnforening i fjor. Når prinsessen blir to år gammel, kan også hun bli medlem i klubben.

Dagens prinsesse

Da VG var med på trening for 2-4-åringene i går, var Ida Müller (3) dagens prinsesse. Med rosa ballerinaskjørt over turndrakten, hoppet hun bukk, svingte seg i ringene og tok saltomortaler.

- Hun gråt seg til å ha prinsesseskjørtet på, forteller pappa Rolf Müller. Ifølge ham, er den ukentlige turntreningen et høydepunkt for datteren.

- Det er helt topp. Det er kjempehyggelig å være her for oss voksne også, så dette bør kronprinsparet prøve, sier han.

Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra vil nok også bli godt kjent med Asker Skiklubb, der hennes far og farmor er livsvarige medlemmer og farfar, Kongen er æresmedlem. Også prinsessen kan vente seg et gratis medlemskap fra klubben, som har 4500 medlemmer.

- Kronprins Haakon var definitivt en aktiv kar i klubben da han var liten. Han spilte fotball til han var 12-13 år. Prinsesse Märtha Louise var imidlertid ikke så aktiv, men hun deltok i turorientering, sammen med sin mor og sin bror, forteller formann Svein Granerud.

Men uansett hvor vanlig foreldrene selv ønsker at livet hennes skal være, må prinsessen venne seg til å leve med livvakter rundt seg. Alt tyder på at de kommer til å være med både i barnehagen og på skolen, om enn diskré i bakgrunnen.

Kristelig Gymnasium

Medietrykket kommer også til å bli stort. Kameralinser vil svært ofte følge Ingrid Alexandra når hun beveger seg på offentlig sted. Mediene virker imidlertid å være enig om at barnehage og skole skal være fristeder også i fremtiden.

Mens kronprins Haakon tok både ungdomstrinnet og videregående utdanning (allmennfag) på Kristelig Gymnasium (KG) i Oslo, er det grunn til å tro at prinsessen først vil begynne på KG når hun har gått ut av grunnskolen.

Sjansen er dermed stor for en ungdomsforelskelse eller flere på hjemlige trakter i Asker.

Etter at 13 års skolegang er over, venter trolig mer skolegang.

En fremtidig dronning er helt avhengig av en solid dose med boklig lærdom.

- Jeg synes kronprins Haakon har innrettet seg klokt. Han har en bred og sammensatt utdanning. Det tror jeg også arveprinsessen gjør lurt i. Det er også veldig viktig at hun velger studier litt ut fra hjertet, sier rektor Arild Underdal ved Universitetet i Oslo til VG.

Han råder også kongefamiliens siste tilskudd til å studere en tid i utlandet - for å møte andre miljøer og kulturer.

«Kongen har høieste Befaling over Rigets Land- og Sømagt,» står det i Grunnloven.

Når prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra en dag blir dronning, vil hun bli øverstkommanderende for de militære styrkene.

Det krever forberedelse.

- Jeg synes hun må ha Krigsskolen. Det er rart om hun ikke velger å gå her, mener kadett Jarle Holtet ved Krigsskolen på Linderud i Oslo til VG.

Sammen med kadett Ivar Naustvik sitter han på lesesalen og forbereder seg på eksamen. Navnet på Forsvarets fremtidige sjef har begge fått med seg.

Både kong Olav og kong Harald (som er firestjerners general) har gått på Hærens krigsskole, mens kronprins Haakon er utdannet fra Sjøkrigsskolen i Bergen.

Mange bevis

I skolens lokaler på Linderud finnes det mange bevis på at Norges to konger har gått der.

- Her ser du skjemaet som kong Olav fylte ut for hånd da han begynte her, forteller major Kåre Martin Larsen og peker på en rubrikk hvor det står fars navn. Haakon, har kadett Olav fylt inn. I stillingsrubrikken står det «konge», mens Slottet, Kristiania er oppgitt som adresse.

- Vi ønsker svært gjerne at den nye prinsessen går i bestefar og oldefars fotspor, sier Krigsskolens sjef, oberst Geir Holmenes.

Når Ingrid Alexandra så gir seg med studentlivet, trenger hun ikke tenke på jobb.

Om monarkiet fortsatt består, blir jobbadressen Drammensveien 1, Oslo.

This is what her life will probably be like: she will begin in a public kindergarten, go to public school, probably join the gymnastics training that Haakon & Mette-Marit entered Marius in last autumn, have other activities like: skiing, riding, football, or something else. She will most likely have a long education, including training with either army or navy.

And when she's finished, if the monarchy is still alive, she won't have to worry about a job. She's got one in Drammensveien 1, Oslo.

She really is a beauty. Has anybody any information about the godparents-to-be? In a Finnish newspaper they assumed that Victoria will be the godmother.

:flower: I just saw my first photo of Ingrid. She is really is adorable!

Hello!

Rather than leave the honour to a professional photographer, Crown Prince Haakon of Norway snapped the first-ever pictures of his newborn baby, capturing day-old Princess Ingrid Alexandra in her royal debut.

The proud papa is obviously set to be a hands-on dad, having cut the umbilical cord after his little princess came into the world on Wednesday. And wide-eyed Ingrid Alexandra seemed happy to oblige her familiar photographer, looking picture perfect in the candid shots.

And as crowds of well-wishers flock to the royal palace to sign a book of congratulations for the happy family, there was some other good news. According to Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten, the vast majority of the Norwegian public approve of the baby's moniker, which pays homage to her royal ancestry.

Originally posted by Sisi@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 6:28 am
She really is a beauty. Has anybody any information about the godparents-to-be? In a Finnish newspaper they assumed that Victoria will be the godmother.
Victoria is going to be mighty busy this year attending all of these christenings that newspapers claim she will be goparent at! She will also be attending weddings.

nettavisen

Norwegian princess looks like her fatherAv Ole Valaker og Carin

A proud father has just released the first pictures of Her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway.

The private pictures of the Norwegian princess were published on the Norwegian Royal Court’s own website Thursday evening.

Ingrid Alexandra was born at Rikshospitalet in Oslo, on the morning of January 21, 2004.

Resembles her grandparents

King Harald and Queen Sonja said Wednesday that the newborn looked like them. Crown Prince Haakon stated on his first public appearance after the birth of his daughter that the Princess had dark hair and facial features from both him and from the Crown Princess Mette-Marit.

The Princess weighed 3686 gram, and she is 51 centimetres long. The birth took roughly five hours, according to the Crown Prince himself.

Our new princess’ name was made public just after an extraordinary Cabinet meeting at the Royal Castle at 11 a.m. Thursday. Alexandra is a well-known royal name in Europe, while Mette-Marit’s grandmother is named Ingrid.

Almost everybody likes Ingrid

77 percent likes the name Ingrid Alexandra, according to a survey conducted by MMI on behalf of Dagbladet. Women are more positive to the name than men. Only eight percent were directly negative to the name, while 15 percent had no opinion.

Unusual

The fact that Crown Prince Haakon have taken the pictures himself and published them on the website is something new. At earlier occasions have the royal children been photographed by the agency Scanpix.

When Crown Prince Haakon was born, it took six days before he was photographed. He was photographed together with his parents.

Beautiful and dignified name

The Princess’ aunt and uncle, Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn meet the press Thursday afternoon, and Princess Märtha Louise stated that it was very nice that Ingrid Alexandra was named after her great-grandfather Olav V, who originally was named Alexander.

“It was a very beautiful and dignified royal name,” Märtha Louise said.

Attachments

• Prinsesse_Ingrid_Al_131796a.jpg
    Prinsesse_Ingrid_Al_131796a.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 236
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: I am in love :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :p :lol:

I agree with all those in admiration--she is a beautiful baby.

Aftenposten:

"Most favor new princess' name

Public opinion polls indicate that a vast majority of Norwegians are happy with the name chosen for the baby girl born this week who will be their queen if the monarchy survives another generation. She may face a lifetime of international mispronunciation, though, along with local misspelling.

Norwegian Broadcasting (NRK) was among the first to fall into the misspelling trap. Shortly after the prime minister announced the name of Norway's royal heir, NRK flashed it on the screen as "Ingrid Aleksandra," using the customary local way of spelling words that contain the word "x" in their international form.

NRK quickly corrected itself, though, and the royals' preferred "Ingrid Alexandra" was soon displayed on national television.

The little princess' first name is pronounced "Ing-gree" throughout Scandinavia. But when she one day visits England or the US, for example, she'll likely be addressed as "Ing-gridd," unless palace officials advise those on the receiving end in advance.

Otherwise, a spate of royal enthusiasm and a surge of support for the monarchy left most praising Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit's choice of a name. "It's a fine name," said opera star Ingrid Bjoner, claiming she would have liked it even if she didn't share the name herself.

Another relatively famous Ingrid in Norway, marathon runner Ingrid Kristiansen, called it "a Nordic name that many known persons have had throughout history." Not least Ingrid Bergman.

Scores of Norwegians continued to line up in front of the Royal Palace in Oslo on Friday to write their personal congratulations in an official ledger set out for the purpose.

Meanwhile, some enterprising Norwegians immediately snapped up the Internet domains for variations of "Ingrid Alexandra." Most were eager to cash in on commercial potential, but one man in Aalesund who bought the rights to "ingridalexandra.org," among others, referred all traffic further to Norway's official royal web site, "kongehuset.no"

Aftenposten:

"Flowers and gifts streamed in to little Ingrid Alexandra on Thursday as well-wishers queued in biting cold outside the palace in order to write a greeting in the palace ledger and drop off a token of their affection for Norway's first female heir to the throne.

After ministers and diplomats had registered their congratulations in the palace album ordinary citizens in all ages patiently waited their turn to record their message to the newborn princess and her parents.

Palace staff was busy handling the flood of greetings and gifts.

"There have been lots of flowers and other gifts, letters and drawings from far and near, high and low," said palace information chief Wenche Rasch.

Two of the palace staff are nearly fully occupied with registering and sorting everything that comes in, and first bouquets and presents must go through x-ray security.

Afterwards the gifts and flowers rest in the lower floor of the palace before being sent on to the crown prince couple's residence in Skaugum, in Asker, about 25 minutes drive from Oslo.

The waiting bounty includes toys, books, and home-knitted clothing, all visible signs of the affection the Norwegian people already hold for their future queen."

Originally posted by Dennism@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 3:13 pm
Meanwhile, some enterprising Norwegians immediately snapped up the Internet domains for variations of "Ingrid Alexandra." Most were eager to cash in on commercial potential, but one man in Aalesund who bought the rights to "ingridalexandra.org," among others, referred all traffic further to Norway's official royal web site, "kongehuset.no"

That man in Ålesund stated that he didn't intend to cash in on it at all, and if the Royal House showed their interest in it he would give it to them. :flower: to him.

Yes, indeed. Bravo to him.

perfect name! she looks a lot like haakon but i think the nose is from her mother. she has such beautiful hands too...

aftenposten

Dronningvenninner om 50 år

Elisabeth av Belgia, Catharina-Amalia av Nederland og Ingrid Alexandra vil bli gode dronningvenninner om rundt 50 år. Og de kan bli flere.

Vennskapsbånd. I dag er det tre regjerende dronninger i Europas kongehus. Dronning Elizabeth av Storbritannia, dronning Beatrix av Nederland og Danmarks dronning Margrethe. I generasjonen under, altså kronprins Haakons, er det bare kronprinsesse Victoria av Sverige som en dag vil bli regjerende dronning.

Ingrid Alexandra vil altså helt sikkert knytte sterke vennskapsbånd til Belgia og Nederland av en helt spesiell grunn: Prinsesse Elisabeth (2) er eldstedatteren til kronprins Philippe og kronprinsesse Mathilde. De har også sønnen Gabriel, men det er Elisabeth som en dag vil arve tronen etter sin far. I Belgia regjerer nå kong Albert med dronning Paola ved sin side.

Foregangsland
Lenge før likestillingen ble en kampsak i vestlige demokratier, var Nederland et foregangsland. Helt siden 1890 har det uavbrutt vært kvinnelige regenter i dette landet. I dag sitter dronning Beatrix på tronen, og hennes eldste sønn kronprins Willem-Alexander vil bryte en lang dronningtradisjon når han en dag tar over. I desember i fjor ble imidlertid han og kronprinsesse Maxima for første gang foreldre, til prinsesse Catharina-Amalia. Hun vil trolig blir regjerende dronning i noenlunde samme tidsperiode som Ingrid Alexandra og Elisabeth.

Og det kan godt skje at det blir flere i "dronning-gjengen" etterhvert. 14. mai gifter kronprins Frederik seg med Mary Donaldson, og de får sikkert raskt et barn. Blir det en jente vil imidlertid ikke hun automatisk arve tronen. Som i Spania og Storbritannia har jenter arverett, men kommer etter gutter i samme søskenflokk.

Det er kun i Liechtenstein kvinner helt utelukkes.

Aiko of Japan needs to be added to this list. Hail to the future Queens (and Emperess)!

www.vg.no

Ingen barnetrygd til Mette-Marit

- men kan få høyere apanasje

(VG Nett) Kronprinsesse Mette-Marit får ikke barnetrygd slik andre mødre i landet har krav på.

MER Å RUTTE MED: Kronprins Haakon og kronprinsesse Mette-Marit kan få forhøyet apanasjen etter prinsessefødselen . Foto: Scanpix
Men likevel kan kronprinsparet nå få økt utbetaling fra statskassen. For statsminister Kjell Magne Bondevik sier at han vurderer å øke apanasjen som nå ligger på fem millioner kroner i året. 

- De kongelige må ha det som gjør at de kan utfylle sin rolle og sin representasjon på en fin måte uten å ha økonomiske bekymringer, sier Bondevik til TV 2 i dag. Men hvor mye mer penger det kan være snakk om for de nybakte foreldrene, vil han ikke uttale seg om nå. 

- Hva dette betyr nå og for budsjettet framover, det skal vi komme tilbake til, sier Bondevik. 

(VG NETT 26.01.04 kl. 19:15)

Crown Princess Mette-Marit won't get the same child benefits from the government that other mothers around in Norway are entitled to. But the Crown Prince Couple may receive more money yearly from the state. The Prime Minister is considering increasing their "allowance" from the five million NKR they get today.

Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra look like her father Prince Hakoon
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Little Ingrid is really a cute little girl! :heart:

I have some news myself, my older sister was expecting her first baby in the beginning of february, but she gave birth to a little son on sunday (2965 g and 50 cm). :heart: I guess he heard about Ingrid and decided to be born as well... ;) So, I'm a new auntie...

Originally posted by Catharina@Jan 27th, 2004 - 4:18 am
Little Ingrid is really a cute little girl! :heart:

I have some news myself, my older sister was expecting her first baby in the beginning of february, but she gave birth to a little son on sunday (2965 g and 50 cm). :heart: I guess he heard about Ingrid and decided to be born as well... ;) So, I'm a new auntie...
congratulations to you and your sister :)

Thank you for posting GREAt pictures, Liv!!! What a beautiful pictures. Mette-Marit is so beautifu!, and Marius seems so happy! Thanks again! :flower:

What adoreable pictures...although in the second one it looks as though little Ingrid's head is falling farther back then it should (unsupported)!!! A beautiful family!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom