The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Norway > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 01:56 AM
Courtier

Granted, it seems a bit odd to me that he's not HRH because he was born, but honestly, I don't see the big deal. His older brother is not even a prince and he seems to be doing fine. I think they might be going under the assumption that Ingrid Alexandra will eventually marry and have a family of her own, rendering Sverre to be pushed farther down the succession line, that her children would be the next heirs. As it stands, Sverre is still "Prince" so an additional "HRH" shouldn't make that much of a difference.

Old 12-07-2005, 04:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
You are reading my mind! I was wondering on that too. Larzen, anything you have read about it that could shed some light? You know, at the begining I had this thought that maybe was a PR move to get some sympathy, but that would be too cruel. You don't play like that with a kid.

As a little historical foot note, our Queen Victoria Eugenia of Spain was elevated to the status of Royal Highness by the British King so she could marry King Alfonso, since she was a 'minor' relative when compared to the main Battemberg branch. So I do hope that Haakon elevates Sverre Magnus to HRH, and if not his sister does when her time arrives to become queen helself. We might not be around to see that though.
There has not been much about it, one article in each paper maybe and not very much, moslty about the name, and oh btw he wont be HRH, Kings decision, interesting choice, break with tradition, lets move on to soccer

Most Norwegian are calm people and dont get all fussed up about such a decision (unlike some board posters from other countries it seems). He is a Prince, his sister is a Princess, not much difference at the time, the royals are *almost* never reffered to as HRH and HM in Norway its King Harald or just the King, Princess Ingird Alexandra or even only Ingrid. Maybe in 18 years or so we will see what happens but util them I think both children will do a few royal duties on major days, then they will focus on educaton and military service and who know maybe we are not even a monarchy then, one cant predict so far into the future.

I personally do not think King Haakon will elevate him unless something unfortunat happens to his sister or she cant have children

However if you want to read and intresting summary of the few comments in Norwegian media Dag T. Hoelseth on the SRMB, has made and interesting summary, I will only leave the link
http://members3.boardhost.com/scandi...133909515.html
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.talk.royalty/msg/e5bb7d92f11c87f5?dmode=source&hl=no

He has done a very good job IMO and well worth a read.

Old 12-07-2005, 05:23 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

On dutch television Sven Hoiby commented that Mette-Marit has a grandfather and an uncle who are called Svarre, he liked th idea that his daughter continued this tradition.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Royal Highness

I did just see pictures of Mette-Marits brother Espen and his little baby boy and MM's mother, Queen Sonja and Sonja and the king vistening Sverre.. Maybe I can scan some of them later
Old 12-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMinka
I did just see pictures of Mette-Marits brother Espen and his little baby boy and MM's mother, Queen Sonja and Sonja and the king vistening Sverre.. Maybe I can scan some of them later
could you please?

oh yeah, is there any news on photo session of the crownprincely family. i remembered they did some & an interview after ingrid's birth at skaugum.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent

The first family pictures have arrived:

Picture credit: http://www.kongehuset.no [Jo Michael/Det Kongelige Hoff]
Old 12-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Commoner

congrats to prince haakon and mette marit on their bundle of joy
Old 12-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Serene Highness

AWWW! Those family pictures are just precious!
Old 12-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

great photos! i was really surprised by Ingrid, however.

she looks really different. i mean, she looks wonderful, but I dont think I would have recognized her, she's changed and grown up a lot in the past couple months.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Nobility

The pictures are wonderful! The baby is really lovely and Ingrid is so big! Her expression is so cute, as a little person who knows she's already a important person.
And Mette-Marit looks great for someone who had a baby just some days ago.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks Norwegianne! What a beautiful family Haakon and Mette-Marit have!!Sverre is such a cutieeee!!!
Old 12-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

the norwegians dealt so good with this birth. everything was so quick and well done! i thought those photos of sverre were the only ones they would release but now they did official ones :)
i'm so impressed on how quick sverre is opening his blue eyes. ingrid looks so much like daddy and sverre seems to me that will look more like mette marit because of the blonde hair and the blue eyes.
i'm i the only one who thinks that ingrid is changing so fast in these last times? the last time we saw her with haakon and the king she looked so different, and now she looks different from that time.
the pictures are nice. when were they uploaded?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Courtier

Poor Mette-Marit looks so tired,:( I know it's almost impossible with a new baby but I hope she gets some rest soon. It's amazing how much Sverre looks like Marius when he was a baby. Sverre deffintely has his mothers blue eyes and blonde hair! What greats pics thanks for sharing them.:)
Old 12-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Royal Highness

Even though in the pictures MM looks tired, one can see that she and Haakon are remarkably comfortable with eachother!
Old 12-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent

thanks for pics but the baby really cutie
Old 12-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

The pictures are nice, She does look very tired but Im glad they did not airbrush it, the boy is cute looking though, it always helps to get a couple of days compared to the first picture where he looked quite red and bruised
I think now we will see them next time for the yearly christmas photosession/interview, having two photosessions so close seems a little over the top.

Jo Michael/det kongelige hoff
Old 12-08-2005, 07:36 PM
Courtier

it's sooo cute with blonde hair! :p Ingrid is such a cutie she's look a little person:)
Old 12-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Those are three gorgeous children! Ingrid is sooooo beautiful! Marius is a little man almost and Sverre... well, he's a cutie!
Old 12-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Heir Apparent

It's a bit strange, because in a way, I'd have expected Haakon and Mette-Marit's children to have dark hair. Based on genetics class at least. But then again, both Sonja and Harald were lighthaired as children.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the first pics norwegianne! :) What a sweet and happy family.

I really think Mette-Marit looks amazingly good -- and not just for having given birth less than a week ago. She looks amazing in these pictures, period.

Ingrid Alexandra looks more grown up even from the interview a few weeks ago when she posed for pictures with Haakon and Harald. Babies change so quickly.

I saw a friend's baby for his first birthday and then a month later I spent some time with them and even in those four weeks he looked older. So I'm not surprised that Ingrid Alexandra looks different even in a few short weeks.