Prince Sverre Magnus Current Events: December 3, 2005 - January 24, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
article from hello : http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/12/05/mettemarit/

haakontit.gif

"We have a son," announced a beaming Crown Prince Haakon of Norway on Saturday, hours after his wife, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, gave birth to their second child together.

Attachments

• norbaby-dop1a.jpg
    norbaby-dop1a.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 344
  • norbaby-dop2a.jpg
    norbaby-dop2a.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 249
maxima88 said:
Does anybody now the address of the Crownprince and Crownprincess???

It's at the homepage of the Norwegian RF, under the "contact" sections. You can either send them an email or write to the palace.

I don't understand why they choose not to give him the hrh status.

I heard it on the radio on work and I think its a great name.. Prins Sverre Magnus av Norge!:rolleyes:

maxima88 said:
Does anybody now the address of the Crownprince and Crownprincess???
If you want a reply you have to send a letter/card, they dont answer e-mails. Usually they send a thank you card with a picture to those who have sent their gratulations for births and christenings but it takes time I have heared. You have to remember to fill in your return adress.

Det Kongelige Hoff (You can also write to the King and Queen or to the Crown Prince Couple, Im sure the post will understand)
Drammensveien 1
0010 Oslo
Norway

Ariel said:
I don't understand why they choose not to give him the hrh status.

Maybe Haakon will change that when he becomes King. I don't understand the reasoning either to deny the baby the HRH status.

All of the other siblings of the heir(ess) have lost there, they just happen to all be girls. The only HRH are The Crown Prince The Crown Princess the Heiress and I would assume her husband. They just decided to do it when he was born instead of waiting.

I'm really wondering what his children will be called (and his wife). 30 years is going to be a long time to speculate ;)

Love the name (How could I not, he's named after a half-Faroese King ;) )!

I'm not too happy about the non-HRH styling. He's the child of a Crown Prince, after all.

What a beautiful name and cute boy:))))))
Where is the picture new family: prince Haakon, Mette Marit, Mariusas, little Ingrid Alexandra and new baby Sverre Magnus?

As the thread about the birth is already close I have to give my congrats to the crown royal couple here. Oh, and I was right, it's a boy! Sverre Magnus is a lovely name and the baby is so big and cute! And I didn't appreciate the baby not receiving the HRH status. He is a son of the future king and the future queen and deserve it.
And is it necessary to the king ask the parliament about the name? I think it's a unecessary formality.

Ok I understand it to be SPH-ER-EH I am close or way off.

And well I'm getting prononciations can I get Haakon to ?

Thanks
Oppie

Having heard the name pronounced, I must admit that I do quite like it.
I am simply baffled though by the HRH decision. It doesn't make sense that the child of the heir/Crown Prince doesn't have the title of HRH.

Last edited:
Over at the GREMB and the SRMB they say that the name is pronounced like this.

Posted by Frank Johansen on 5/12/2005,
I'll try to describe it: SV - more like SPHere than SWitzerland.
ERR - as in ERRor.
E - as an ending EH-sound.

ok so more like SPH-AIR-EH. Either way it sounds way better then how I first was saying it. (Let's just say it sounded like the little prince was destined to be an eville Potions teacher at Hogwarts)

Alisa said:
Having heard the name pronounced, I must admit that I do quite like it.
I am simply baffled though by the HRH decision. It doesn't make sense that the child of the heir/Crown Prince doesn't have the title of HRH.

It could be possible that this is to help the 3 kids be treated equally. Haakon did say in the interview a few weeks ago that that is what they want to do with IA understanding her role as a future monarch.

Maybe they dont believe that the monarchy will last that long. They probably want him to be able to carve out his own life so he is set in case the monarchy ends. Sad IMO. I think he should be HRH by birth right and tradition.

I love the name! it got some personality ;)

When we're be able to see the first family picture???

I am interested to know why they decided to NOT give the new baby the HRH. From my POV there might be some problems in furture if they treat IA differently because she is the heir and not like her brothers. My concern is that the other children might feel slighted about the difference. Truth be told, IA will be treated differently precisely because she is the Heir.

I understand about the King wanting to limit the size of the Royal family but this seems to be a radical decision. Couldn't htye have made the child an HH
instead?

Linda 85

*is amused*
norwegianne said:
Sverre would be a nice name - the Norwegian king who was born at the Faroe Islands
Posted 10/19 -2005.

Gloriana said:
Prince Sverre of Norway... has a nice ring to it.
same date.

But the best of all has to be this one.By GömdNatt:
Although now that I've seen it, Sverre looks interesting. Magnus would be good too, but kind of similar to Marius...
That's some pretty good guessing, there... ;)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/guess-name-sex-new-baby-5775-5.html?highlight=sverre

linda85 said:
I am interested to know why they decided to NOT give the new baby the HRH. From my POV there might be some problems in furture if they treat IA differently because she is the heir and not like her brothers. My concern is that the other children might feel slighted about the difference. Truth be told, IA will be treated differently precisely because she is the Heir.

I understand about the King wanting to limit the size of the Royal family but this seems to be a radical decision. Couldn't htye have made the child an HH
instead?

Linda 85
I think it is, a bit connected to the problems Märtha Louise faced when she wanted to make a career - and they want Sverre Magnus to avoid facing similar problems, as much as possible. It puts him in a much more free position. Ultimately it is the king who decides who gets which titles, most likely in discussion with the parents, and there's not much anybody else can do about it.

Thanks for the reply Norwegianne!
Linda 85

Princejonnhy25 said:
Maybe they dont believe that the monarchy will last that long. They probably want him to be able to carve out his own life so he is set in case the monarchy ends. Sad IMO. I think he should be HRH by birth right and tradition.
I don't think it is a matter of them thinking about the monarchy ending, it is simply that Norway doesn't have a tradition of having scores of titled nobility and younger sons of royalty around.

Back when it was the case in Norway, they all killed each other, in fighting for the throne, so it was quite easy to get a managable royal family. Nowadays one has to resort to other, slightly more civilized measures.

It's more of a measure that allows him to do, somewhat, what he wants with his life, and not having to represent.

In addition to their considerations regarding Martha Louise, do you think it is also to put Marius on a more level playing field with his half-siblings?

So what's his surname? Does he have one?

Smilla said:
So what's his surname? Does he have one?
He's just Prince Sverre Magnus. No surname.

A thought from me would be it might be possible in the future to style himself with Mette-Marit's maiden name, as Marius does, or use Haakonsen (son of Haakon), if he wants to distance himself even further careerwise. I guess it depends on the career, though.

Glücksburg - well, that kind of stands out.

Weird. So not being a HRH makes him less conspicuous, but having no surname and the title of prince doesn't? Well. Still weird.

Nice names Sverre Magnus:)

For me it's wrong that he haven't got HRH. He should be HRH!!! :mad: They can't give him only HRH and nothing more - flags day etc.? I know that they (King?) want to have a small RF but it's really strange and unfair. RF for me mean - the King/Queen, his wife/husband and childrens and grandchildrens - but maybe not everyone?
- What will happen if someday Sverre meat other senior HRH princes/esses?
- Where will be his place?
- He will be curtsys to them or what?
Why it can't be like it is in Denmark? Ruler's children are HRH and HRH is only for the CP children - prince Frederick son. The prince Joachim boys are only HH.

Maybe his dad when he become a king someday decide to give Sverre a HRH?

i'm wondering what is the real difference between a HRH or non-HRH?
apanage, status, or what?
the only thing i notice is that they used HRH, HSH, HH, etc only & make a difference between each one are on royal events (when there's a wedding, funeral, etc - like in denmark, HH Alexandra comes after HRH Mary etc). but i could be wrong...
so, i'm asking what's the consequence of being a HRH on daily life? Does it really restrict them to have freedom? as i recall, Haakon & Martha-Louise had a very good upbringing, and ML choose what she wants to do.

Last edited:
I am disappointed at the new Prince's lack of HRH title. The royal family is making their family less and less royal. If the third in line to the throne is not entitled to be styled HRH why even bother to have a royal system. Once little Ingrid is queen - and sometimes fate plays cruelly with us and she may be very young - she will not have anyone for support of equal status. To just have a Prince as regent when she is out of the country is very strange.

The republicans must be very happy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom