The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Norway > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 06:53 AM
Commoner

Tit for tat really, Martha Louise lost her title etc when she became old enough to work and get married, as non crown prince its fair he doesn't become HRH as that is Ingrid's role/title.

I"m assuming svere is pronoucjhed like "sven only wth an 'ere'/air sound
sv-air

or am i off base, i have no knowledge of nordic languages

Which one of them was being punished?
Old 12-05-2005, 07:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Personally I think the HRH decision is a wise one. It's a way of keeping the Royal family small, and manageable in the future when Ingrid Alexandra has her own family, and not have extreme branches of HRH's being supported by the state.

It is also a way of making sure that Sverre Magnus have the chance of making his own life, as much as the second child can do with a title. His two great-aunts, lost their HRH upon marriage, and his aunt let her HRH go when she went into a career, before marriage. It wouldn't be the same for a male, and, my guess, is that that's a deciding factor.

When/if he gets married, his wife will probably be named Princess - but it really is too far in the future to tell...
I think with or without HRH, he will get a chance for a normal life, especially with his open & down-to-earth parents. I just think when he attends royal events with other royals (like weddings, when they used HRH, HSH, etc), it would be weird for him. and going further again, when IA married a normal man & that person become Prince of Norway, if he get a HRH, it would be unique case; thus, making him have higher status than Sverre Magnus.

but, as far as the name... i really like it. it's very unique (well, for non-norwegians, that is...) :) :) :)

Old 12-05-2005, 07:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
I think with or without HRH, he will get a chance for a normal life, especially with his open & down-to-earth parents. I just think when he attends royal events with other royals (like weddings, when they used HRH, HSH, etc), it would be weird for him. and going further again, when IA married a normal man & that person become Prince of Norway, if he get a HRH, it would be unique case; thus, making him have higher status than Sverre Magnus.

but, as far as the name... i really like it. it's very unique (well, for non-norwegians, that is...) :) :) :)
King Harald's reasoning is that the Royal house in Norway traditionally have been quite small, and that it ought to continue in that vein. He also thinks that doing it this way, allots the Prince much greater choices in his future life in terms of education and career options, etc. http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=110524
Old 12-05-2005, 07:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum

Are prince consorts usually made HRH?
Old 12-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Courtier

That name only sounds ok in Norway. In Denmark where I come from it would sound werry unpretty.
Gratulations to our nordic nabour with Prins Sverre Magnus
Old 12-05-2005, 08:19 AM
Aristocracy

It's a beautifull baby and he haves a beautifull name! Sverre!
He's is cute!
Old 12-05-2005, 08:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by betina
That name only sounds ok in Norway. In Denmark where I come from it would sound werry unpretty.
Gratulations to our nordic nabour with Prins Sverre Magnus
I guess that in international occasions he would use Magnus if people have problems with pronouncing Sverre...

Old 12-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Royal Highness

Great name. I was curious on finding what is the english equivalent of Sverre and found this mini article on both Sverre and Magnus! Seems in Norway's history persons who carried the names were royal rivals:
http://education.yahoo.com/reference...a/entry/Sverre

Any more about the name and it's significance in your local (Norway) news today?
Old 12-05-2005, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilla
Are prince consorts usually made HRH?
i don't know what will happen in Norway, but it what happened with Henrik of Denmark & Claus of Netherlands
Old 12-05-2005, 08:46 AM
Nobility

Does anybody now the address of the Crownprince and Crownprincess???
Old 12-05-2005, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

article from hello : http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...05/mettemarit/

"We have a son," announced a beaming Crown Prince Haakon of Norway on Saturday, hours after his wife, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, gave birth to their second child together.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	norbaby-dop1a.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	218470   Click image for larger version

Name:	norbaby-dop2a.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	218471  
Old 12-05-2005, 09:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxima88
It's at the homepage of the Norwegian RF, under the "contact" sections. You can either send them an email or write to the palace.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:14 AM
Courtier

I don't understand why they choose not to give him the hrh status.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:17 AM
Royal Highness

I heard it on the radio on work and I think its a great name.. Prins Sverre Magnus av Norge!
Old 12-05-2005, 09:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxima88
If you want a reply you have to send a letter/card, they dont answer e-mails. Usually they send a thank you card with a picture to those who have sent their gratulations for births and christenings but it takes time I have heared. You have to remember to fill in your return adress.

Det Kongelige Hoff (You can also write to the King and Queen or to the Crown Prince Couple, Im sure the post will understand)
Drammensveien 1
0010 Oslo
Norway
Old 12-05-2005, 09:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
I don't understand why they choose not to give him the hrh status.
Maybe Haakon will change that when he becomes King. I don't understand the reasoning either to deny the baby the HRH status.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:33 AM
Courtier

All of the other siblings of the heir(ess) have lost there, they just happen to all be girls. The only HRH are The Crown Prince The Crown Princess the Heiress and I would assume her husband. They just decided to do it when he was born instead of waiting.

I'm really wondering what his children will be called (and his wife). 30 years is going to be a long time to speculate
Old 12-05-2005, 09:53 AM
Aristocracy

Love the name (How could I not, he's named after a half-Faroese King )!

I'm not too happy about the non-HRH styling. He's the child of a Crown Prince, after all.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:03 AM
Gentry

What a beautiful name and cute boy:))))))
Where is the picture new family: prince Haakon, Mette Marit, Mariusas, little Ingrid Alexandra and new baby Sverre Magnus?
Old 12-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Nobility

As the thread about the birth is already close I have to give my congrats to the crown royal couple here. Oh, and I was right, it's a boy! Sverre Magnus is a lovely name and the baby is so big and cute! And I didn't appreciate the baby not receiving the HRH status. He is a son of the future king and the future queen and deserve it.
And is it necessary to the king ask the parliament about the name? I think it's a unecessary formality.