Prince Haakon's Current Events Part 1: September 2003 - October 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday (september 4th) Crown Prince Haakon was present at the National Theatre when the Hedda-Prize was given out. The Hedda Prize is the highest prize/award for people that work in the Theatre

In Norwegian about the winners
http://www2.scenekunst.no/artikkel_1545.nml

From www.nrk.no Haakon giving the Hedda Honorary award to Espen Skjønberg and Toralf Maurstad

Attachments

• 516364.jpg
    516364.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 289
Larzen said:
Haakon today at Barents Rescue, Pictures by Lars-Erik Hauge
Hmm, there's that beard again... Please Haakon, shave it off - he looks so much better without it (in my personal opinion of course)! I must say it feels a bit strange and unusual to see Haakon dressed in the military attire (which could also be better designed, but I guess they have more important things to consider in the defence than design ;)), but nice to see him in it anyway.

GrandDuchess said:
Hmm, there's that beard again... Please Haakon, shave it off - he looks so much better without it (in my personal opinion of course)! I must say it feels a bit strange and unusual to see Haakon dressed in the military attire (which could also be better designed, but I guess they have more important things to consider in the defence than design ;)), but nice to see him in it anyway.
It's a bit strange, because I look at him with the beard now and the pictures of him at the wedding... and somehow the beard makes him seem older than he was (Well, of course he's older... but still) A more mature face, if you will. Normally, I'm not a fan of beard on men (and judging by comments made by Ari Behn in regards to his beard, it doesn't sound like Haakon's sister and niece are fans of beards either.) but in Haakon's case it somewhat works.

To me, at least. Maybe not quite as much as this, though.

Haakon in Minneapolis '05

Press release from Kongehuset.no:

HRH the Crown Prince to Minneapolis.

His Royal Highness Crown Prince Haakon will visit Minneapolis from October 18 to October 20.

The visit is a part of marking 100 years of diplomatic connections with USA. Crown Prince Haakon will attend the showing of a concert version of Peer Gynt, by the Norwegian Opera. The programme will also encompass a visit to Mindekirken, Hubert Humphrey Institute and the College of Biological Sciences, who recently started a research collaboration project with the University of Environment and Bio-Science at Ås. The visit will end with a visit to St. Olaf's College and Minnesota National Guard who collaborate with the Norwegian National Guard.

Looks like the visit won't be postponed after all.

Attachments

• 0daa3029f680bb3533bfc0b917f116a8.jpg
    0daa3029f680bb3533bfc0b917f116a8.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 294
  • 3b6a3582065749e9e2a9233a993b32d8.jpg
    3b6a3582065749e9e2a9233a993b32d8.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 262
  • 373dbcf7564c1a60446894a2ab1fd2e4.jpg
    373dbcf7564c1a60446894a2ab1fd2e4.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 269
Crown Prince Haakon is present when the foundation stone of the New Akershus University Hospital is put down

www.anb.no

Attachments

• alle20050929-091.jpg
    alle20050929-091.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 431
13.10 The Crown Prince is present for an arrangement at the Oslo University Aula to mark the "World Sight Day"

Nettavisen and Scanpix

Attachments

• haakon.jpg
    haakon.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 235
  • sp93b9e7.jpg
    sp93b9e7.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 851
Haakons visit to USA goes by totally unnoticed in the Norwegian Press, here is the agenda
09.00 The Crown Prince is recieved by Governor Pawlenty in Minnesota Capitol
10.00 The Crown Prince visits Hubert H. Humphrey Institute, Minneapolis
15.00 The Crown Prince attend service and Norwegian Lutheran Memorial Church, Minneapolis
18.00 The Crown Prince attends a reception and the Norwegian-American group, Landmark Center Minneapolis
20.00 The Crown Prince attend the Norwegian Operas "Peer Gynt" Ordway center, Minneapolis

10.45 The Cown Prince visit St. Olaf College, Minneapolis

And a picture from the Norwegian embassys website
Governor Pawlenty with Crown Prince Haakon
http://www.norway.org/education/educationnews/centennialchair.htm

Attachments

• Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 298
gosh didnt know he was in the states ! thanks for posting that bit of info

Larzen said:
Haakons visit to USA goes by totally unnoticed in the Norwegian Press

That's what happens when you travel without a female target for the photographers. I think something similar happened to Prince Charles on his visit to Australia earlier this year. (In addition to being overshadowed by Frederik and Mary) It's so much easier to tempt the press when they can have photographs of women in different dresses...

Crown Prince visit Hubert H. Humphrey Institute, Minneapolis :

Attachments

• p1princeB.jpg
    p1princeB.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 309
The Crown Prince attends the official opening of the Telthon "Dream Catcher" The Peace Center, Oslo
Picture from www.anb.no and www.nettavisen.no

Attachments

• alle20051023-022.jpg
    alle20051023-022.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 315
  • cvxc.jpg
    cvxc.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 339
Polfoto 18-10-2005 Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon left tours a voting rights exhibit "Making Freedom's Mark" at The Humphrey Forum with from left: Norwegian Ambassador Knut Vollebaek, curator Ann Kjelsberg, and curator Steve Sandell in Minneapolis, Minn., Wednesday, Oct. 19, 2005. The Prince is to announce a gift from Norway to the University of Minnesota. (AP Photo/Beth Schlanker)

Attachments

• AP428338_guest.jpg
    AP428338_guest.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 256
  • AP428342_guest.jpg
    AP428342_guest.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 281
  • AP428341_guest.jpg
    AP428341_guest.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 273
  • AP428335_guest.jpg
    AP428335_guest.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 285
  • AP428339_guest.jpg
    AP428339_guest.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 240
Haakon's visit was covered by the local press a bit. His visit was announced but with no agenda printed. His visit was a very quick one. Not much time for public interaction. The Norwegian royal family comes here a bit as there is a very large Norwegian population here. I wish I would have know a bit a head of time. I would have tired to take off work, but who knows work is always so overwhelming. But it is nice that he came.

Haakon in Aalborg on Nov 6 2005

Does anyone know the exact time for when Haakon will arrive in Ålborg on November 6th? I've looked in the thread "calender of official engagements...." and the official website for the royal family, but nothing is mentioned about it. If anyone finds out about the time could you please post it?:) Ålborg is the city I live in, so it would be great if I got a chance to see him.:)

Mette2 said:
Does anyone know the exact time for when Haakon will arrive in Ålborg on November 6th? I've looked in the thread "calender of official engagements...." and the official website for the royal family, but nothing is mentioned about it. If anyone finds out about the time could you please post it?:) Ålborg is the city I live in, so it would be great if I got a chance to see him.:)
http://www.norsk.dk/royalvisit/press/pressroyal.htm
Here is some information about his visit, its in Norwegian but I assume you can read it, there is no time, so either look out for more details on www.kongehuset.no or contact the embassy. Hope it helps
kwanfan said:
According to the post with the royal family's events calender, there is a gala dinner for Parliament on the third. Do you think Mette-Marit will attend?
They said in UK that she would most likely not have any more engagements before the birth, but they did not rule it out completely, I guess it depends on how she is feeling that day.

Larzen said:
http://www.norsk.dk/royalvisit/press/pressroyal.htm
Here is some information about his visit, its in Norwegian but I assume you can read it, there is no time, so either look out for more details on www.kongehuset.no or contact the embassy. Hope it helps

Thank you very much for this Larzen.:) Yes, you were right in assuming I could understand it.;) I read a few weeks ago in an issue of the Danish magazine Billed-Bladet that Haakon would be visiting Ålborghallen, but it's nice to know now that he's actually going there. Magazines are not always the most reliable source.:D Some friends of mine told me yesterday that I should try and look for Ålborghallen at google, and see if they had anything about his visit. I haven't tried that yet, but I will, and will also check the royal family's official website. Maybe the time for his visit will also be in this week's issue of Billed-Bladet. Hopefully I'll find out one way or another, since there's no point in me standing outside Ålborghallen from early in the morning.:D Thanks again for your help.:)

Mette2 said:
Thank you very much for this Larzen.:) Yes, you were right in assuming I could understand it.;) I read a few weeks ago in an issue of the Danish magazine Billed-Bladet that Haakon would be visiting Ålborghallen, but it's nice to know now that he's actually going there. Magazines are not always the most reliable source.:D Some friends of mine told me yesterday that I should try and look for Ålborghallen at google, and see if they had anything about his visit. I haven't tried that yet, but I will, and will also check the royal family's official website. Maybe the time for his visit will also be in this week's issue of Billed-Bladet. Hopefully I'll find out one way or another, since there's no point in me standing outside Ålborghallen from early in the morning.:D Thanks again for your help.:)
Haakon will be visiting Europahallen at Aalborg Kongres & Kultur Center at 15:00 http://www.norsk.dk/royalvisit/aalborg/aalborg.htm

norwegianne said:
Haakon will be visiting Europahallen at Aalborg Kongres & Kultur Center at 15:00 http://www.norsk.dk/royalvisit/aalborg/aalborg.htm

Thank you for this Norwegianne.:) I actually read this today in one of Ålborg's local papers. It also said that Haakon will re-open/inaugurate the street Boulevarden, because parts of the street has been renovated. He'll start his walk with the mayor from the John F. Kennedy Square (near the train station and also where Boulevarden starts), and then walk to City Hall, where they'll have lunch. They'll start the walk around 12.30. It's not that long a walk. If you walk it yourself it shouldn't take more than a few minutes. But it might take a bit longer for them if they'll be talking to the people and seeing the buildings along the way. Because of this celebration the shops on Boulevarden will be open. According to the paper 500 Norwegian and 500 Danish flags will be handed out to hopefully the many people who'll show up and join in the celebration, and who might get a chance to meet Haakon. I'll definitely be there.;) Not even bad weather can keep me away.:D It's not every day Ålborg has a visit from a foreign royal. It should really happen more often.:D In the evening Haakon will be hosting a dinner at Hotel Hvide Hus (Hotel White House).

Crown Prince Haakon attended today a seminar on violence against women in Oslo, he stayed for two hours before he hurried out in the heavy rain and wished them good luck on the seminar that will last three days
Pics from Scanpix/Aftenposten

Attachments

• __haakon2_jpg_342144h.jpg
    __haakon2_jpg_342144h.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 263
  • is_11432587t.jpg
    is_11432587t.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 265
Haakon at Energy fair in Essen, 2006

Press release from Kongehuset
HRH Crown Prince Haakon will take part in the official opening of the energy fair "E-world Energy & Water" in Essen on Feb 14th. The fair is one of the leading forums for the energy business and an important place for discussion of energy questions, Norway is one of the partner countries in 2006

The Crown Prince will also make a visit to the Minister/Head (??) of Nordrhein-Westfallen Dr Rüttgers
http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehuset_newsstyle.asp?gid=501&mgid=5&aid=5412

Haakon at the 2006 Olympics in Turin

CP Haakon will go Winter Olympics 2006 and i dont think CP M-M will go or not

Crown Prince Haakon during the opening of the E-world, energy and water fair in Essen, western Germany, on Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2006

from polfoto

Attachments

• AP610632_guest.jpg.jpg
    AP610632_guest.jpg.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 172
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 166
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Images from getty

Attachments

• 56844161.jpg
    56844161.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 174
  • 56844164.jpg
    56844164.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 194
from ANP without watermark

The Crown Prince opens the 'E-world of energy & water 2006' trade fair running from 14 to 16 February in essen. Norway is this year's partner country of the trade fair.

Attachments

• 2388322.jpg
    2388322.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 2388324.jpg
    2388324.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 2388326.jpg
    2388326.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 143
  • 2388328.jpg
    2388328.jpg