The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 12:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn
I believe in post 100 (made by Larzen) the pic in the black dress shows pretty obviously that Mette-Marit dyes her hair.

I guess she was momentarily cutting down on the peroxide due to a pregnancy

If peroxide is a shade, yes many Scandinavian women have that ''shade''. To my knowledge there are more peroxide blondes in Scandinavica than natural ones. (It's in the blood for people to look blonde even if they are not.)
I think that CP Mette-Marit's natural hair colour would be something that we in Norway call mousy blonde (or muncipality blonde). Many women have that hair colour, and thus choose to dye it blonder (or darker) than it is, to give the hair a more vivid colour.

I think that most women do something "chemical" to their hair now and then, whether it is dying, stripes, curls or straigthening. I thought that was what women did, fussing about their hair (never being satisfied :) ), so why not princesses?!?

Old 07-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Nobility

I much prefare Mette-Marit as a blonde, obviously we know she is not a natural blonde but she was born to be a blonde.

Old 07-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz
This is the first picture I have seen of M-M with roots, so I stand corrected.
I agree, the first colour & length looks very nice on her, she should get her hairdresser to make her hair like this more often!
I agree. i like her hairstyle and hair color from picture one much better than it is now.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:01 AM
Serene Highness

I always thought MM hair color was natural. Now I can see that it's 'not real'.:p I think she looks great in it. And I think there is nothing with royal woman dying her hair.:)
Old 07-08-2006, 07:43 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi
I always thought MM hair color was natural. Now I can see that it's 'not real'.:p I think she looks great in it. And I think there is nothing with royal woman dying her hair.:)
I think, almost every royal lady is dying her hair. Cp Mary's color hair was dark brown, but she changed it on black...
I don't know, what is bad in it.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mette-Marit arriving for Märtha and Aris summer party
se og hør pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0012.JPG
Views:	490
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	256901  
Old 09-06-2006, 02:44 AM
Aristocracy

When is Mette-Marit due?
Old 09-14-2006, 03:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

After the opening they talked about how the centers were started, the fight for recognition and the financial situation of the centers, she also said she would like to, if it is possible, open the konference next year as well
http://www.fvn.no/nyheter/kristiansa...icle398383.ece
a smal video
http://www.fvn.no/video/article398237.ece

As first posted by Wartenberg 7 in the calendar thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7
I´ve read in a serious local newspaper that HRH the Crownprincess
will visit Hamburg, Germany, on Oct. 18th in an official function!
The purpose is to open the Norwegian general consulate, it is a two day visit
Quote:
http://www.welt.de/data/2006/09/08/1027498.html
The wife of the Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon, princess Mette-Marit, will visit Hamburg. She Arrives on 17 October on the occasion of the reopening of the Norwegian General Consulate and will take part in a festive evening, said the designate Norwegian Consul General Morten Paulsen.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit had to cancel her visit to Hamburg in May 2002 due to an illness at short notice (sun burn). At that time Crown Prince Haakon traveled to Hamburg without here.

Mette Marit will remain to 18 October in Hamburg. She will also have a meeting with mayor Ole von Beust in the city hall, where she will sign in the golden book of the city, said Paulsen. Subsequently, the new Consul General will take over its office business.

With the reopening 2003 of the closed Consulate General in Hamburg draws in 25 coworkers. Beside the Norwegian export advice, that is shifted from Duesseldorf to Hamburg, which is network advisor to “innovation Norway” also the “Norwegian Seafood Council” will find its place in the new consulat.
From the Norwegian embassy, in german, the coplete agenda will be released later
http://www.norwegen.no/press/Pressem.../gkhamburg.htm
Old 09-14-2006, 04:06 AM
Serene Highness

Mette-Marit at London Fashion Week '06

Iv also read , that Metta merit is to vist the uk on the 20th September is that true ???
Old 09-18-2006, 10:14 PM
Serene Highness

It looks like Mette-Marit will be attending some of London Fashion Week tomorrow as part of her trip to the UK.
From the royal website:
H.K.H. Kronprinsessen besøker London Fashion week og Snøhetta-utstilling, London (Besøket varer til 20.09)
Old 09-19-2006, 03:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would guess she is going to see the Norwegian designers who work from London who is part of the 100%Norway2006 design and architecture exhibition she is opening tomorrow, atleast I hope that is what she is doing and that she is not going to see brittish design and put it on the official calendar Kristian Aadnevik who is part of the exhibiton shows his collection tomorrow at 12.30
http://www.londonfashionweek.co.uk/a...ltimetable.pdf

What is more interesting is that Haakon seems to finally ackowledge that he is infact also a farmer, and one of the biggest farmers in Asker, a suit and tie farmer that is going to be King, but a farmer none the less. This week he has several events related to agriculture and ecological farming. A bit overdue IMO, he never seems to have taken any interest what so ever in that before and there are many farmers that struggle in Norway. He will eb quite busy this week with 6 events.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:07 AM
Serene Highness

oow ! its great that MM is going to be in london , shame I cant work out when she will be at her fashion show etc , could of try to hang out and see if I of spotted her !!
Old 09-19-2006, 04:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Probably the best chance if you want to see her, is tomorrow at the exhibition at Old Truman Brewery, Brick Lane http://www.norway.org.uk/100percent/100percent.htm

Im sure if you call the embassy they can tell you when the opening is
http://www.norway.org.uk/contact/embassy.htm

Quote:
The Crown Prince opens the International week - Kristiansand

Schrøder
Old 09-19-2006, 09:22 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for that larzen
Old 09-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Nobility

You can see a few photos of CP MM at the 100%Norway2006 exhibition in London in the following address:
http://members5.boardhost.com/Infant...158779679.html

She looks charming!!
Old 09-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Great thanks !
Lovely and well dressed plus a super bag !
I hope there will be more pix !
Old 09-21-2006, 01:32 AM
Courtier

She looks lovely but she should let go of the dark socks/nylons or at the very least go for sheerer ones.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why does she always wear such frumpy clothes for design events, and the hair is terrible. She looks more stylish at AIDS events than design events

From Kristian Aadneviks show "One of" Scanpix pictures at the bottom
http://www.side2.no/kjendis/article7...&slide=0#slide
klick on the pictures to see them bigger
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/ko...cle1465906.ece

Giving the opening speech at the 100%Norway2006 exhibition
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=131198

scanpix pictures
Old 09-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Glad to see her back on business after the long stop for Sverre Magnus !
Old 09-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Majesty

i think mette marit is looking great lately. although the clothes are not "dazzling", they give a professional and modern look that is perfect for a princess and shows a lot of 'down to earth-ness'.

is there any video of the speech she gave for 100% norway 2006? thanks in advance!

Tags
crown princess mette-marit, mette-marit