The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 10:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
All you should do is just click the link, and in that giant white space you see next to the different video clips you can watch, the WMP thing should come up and the video will start. What browser are you using?
I can't get it to start either and would love to watch it. Thanks for the help!

Old 02-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, it is nice to see her again. January seemed kind of slow royal wise or maybe it was just my imagination. Well, maybe she's back and we'll see her more often in coming months.

Yes, I also agree with others that have said she needs to change up her style some. She is the danger zone of beginning to look a little older than she is and actually I think she's the youngest of the crown princess's that have married into RF's.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Courtier

Mette-Marit doesn't seem to do very much
Old 02-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
Mette-Marit doesn't seem to do very much
She hasn't been busy so far this year, but next week she has three engagements (MoMA in NYC, Princess Astrid's birthday, and the awarding of "The Needle Eye"), and the following week will be King Harald's birthday events.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanfan
She hasn't been busy so far this year, but next week she has three engagements (MoMA in NYC, Princess Astrid's birthday, and the awarding of "The Needle Eye"), and the following week will be King Harald's birthday events.
Well, of course she has three kids but compared to Mary or Maxima she really has only a few engagements.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Serene Highness

I kind of think that January was just a slow month for royal watching. Especially for fans of Norway and Sweden RF's. But I think that's just how it is. Sometimes there's going to be a lot going on and other times there won't. Although thank goodness for the Dutch they seem to always have something going on.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:55 AM
Serene Highness

I think Mette Marit , should do more engagments , only because what will happen when she becomes Queen , she cant just be doing a few here and there, ( I really like MM) but Princess Mary always seems to be out and about !
Old 02-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

New times with the new webiste , they publish information on events to come, so far only in Norwegian.

This is about the opening of the amandus filmfestival to be held March 26-29th, Mette-Marit will be present for the opening, and is the patron of the festival, all the filmeditors are younger than 20

information about the festival and link to webiste
kongehuset.no - H.K.H. Kronprinsessen åpner Amandusfestivalen

16.3 she will attend Oslo Church Music Festival, one of her most recent patronages, from 2006 I think. It iwll be in the trinity church where Haralds birthday service was held

They have also started to publish speeches held in Norway

Speech given by HRH Crown Prince Haakon at the opening of The Norwegian Private Sector Development Conference, Oslo.
In english and with pic
kongehuset.no - Norwegian Private Sector Development Conference

Mette-Marits speech at the evnts about equal rights in the Nobel Center
In Norwegian with pic
kongehuset.no - Det europeiske året for like muligheter for alle

and also the christmas three speech in english
kongehuset.no - The Christmas tree at Trafalgar Square
Old 03-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Nordic Crown Princesses Victoria, Mette-Marit and Mary are patrons of the 10. ”Biennale Musikfestspiele Saar” which will focus on nordic music. Biennale Musikfestspiele Saar is held on different locations in Paris, Luxembourg and Saarland from april 21st to july 6th 2007
Nordische Musik bei den Musikfestspielen Saar 2007 (Norwegen - die offizielle Seite in Deutschland)

the opening concert is April 21st, and it runs until July 6th, Maybe Victoria and/or Mette-Marit will show up for some of the concerts, probably not Mary since her baby is due at this time
musikfestspiele-saar.de
Old 03-16-2007, 05:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yesterday Mette-Marit went with her mother and brother Espen to a Dolly Parton concert in Oslo Spektrum, never figured her a A Dolly Parton kind of girl

article and pic
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=169752

Today she attend the Oslo International church music festival, Haakon has state council with his father, on Saturday Mette-Marit attends a concert to mark the 100th anniversary of Tøyen Church, and on Sunday Haakon and Mette-Marit got to Holmenkollen along with the King and Queen and Princess Astrid
Old 03-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks everyone for the pics. MM is looking really nice lately. Her and Haakon are a very sharp looking couple. They seem sincere nothing fake about them. Great info also, Larzen, about the upcoming events I'll be looking for pics. And I agree MM doesn't look like a Dolly Parton type of fan. But who knows maybe Dolly wanted to meet MM or something like that.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Or maybe, she like so many people has heard of Dolly Parton and just wanted to see what she was all about. Dolly Parton is an icon of Country Music. I'm not exactly a fan but would go and see her if the occasion ever can about.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
the link does not work for me, could you please post it again
Norwegian Crown Princess Mette-Marit arrives to Oslo's Holy Trinity church Friday 16 March, 2007, to attend a religious music concert

The ANP Pictures:

ANP Beeldbank

Old 03-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Very windy it was ! Beautiful as ever she was in the wind
Old 04-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
After the presentation Mette-Marit will visit the store of the Salvation Army in Oslo - Sally Ann, Sally Ann works in fair trade and the products comes from countries like Bangladesh, Peru, Moldova and Kenya and produced with support of microcredit, or by handicapped and prostitutes in those countires, according to the salvation army she will spend part of the day there getting to know more about the projects
Mette-Marit at Sally Ann, the Fair Trade shop of the Salvation Army in Oslo. After a lunch and an orientation about the concept she was given a tour of the store and the history behind the products, she took good time and she also got presents to take home to her children. Sweathers designed by Mette Møller and shirts designed by Peter Løchstøer, all produced by former prostitues in Bangladesh

article with two pics
http://www.frelsesarmeen.no/pages/artikkel.aspx?nr=6180
Old 04-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Mette-Marit at Sally Ann, the Fair Trade shop of the Salvation Army in Oslo. After a lunch and an orientation about the concept she was given a tour of the store and the history behind the products, she took good time and she also got presents to take home to her children. Sweathers designed by Mette Møller and shirts designed by Peter Løchstøer, all produced by former prostitues in Bangladesh

article with two pics
++ Frelsesarmeen.no ++
Larzen, those were two nice pictures. thanks for posting. & i say it again, i cant get over her suit. I know its a classic plain black suit, but there is something really beautiful about it & ive realized that she obtains for dark colors which could get boring but i came to the point to say they do suit her very well. Maybe the small touch of the belt made it different. who knows !
How nice of her to get things for her children. Kids must be happy mummy coming home with few gifts.this is a good cause to support or go to.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Serene Highness

She looks great today! The belt really emphasizes her slim waist. It's nice that she picked out some things for the kids at the Salvation Army store. Seems like a very good cause.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Children are children and a gift is always welcome, what a pity we don't see more of the three children
Old 04-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Serene Highness

She really amazes me. When you look at her she's not like drop dead gorgeous. But at the same time she is one of the simplest beauties out there. What I mean by that is that she seems to be the most natural in her looks. Well, her and Mathilde. I think I would put Mathilde in that category too. They both have simple hair, simple make-up, and yet it works so well, IMO. They are two real natural beauties. Nothing over the top! I guess it all comes down to preference but I have to admit I love the simple but beautiful approach of both Mette-Marit and Mathilde.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
She really amazes me. When you look at her she's not like drop dead gorgeous. But at the same time she is one of the simplest beauties out there. What I mean by that is that she seems to be the most natural in her looks. Well, her and Mathilde. I think I would put Mathilde in that category too. They both have simple hair, simple make-up, and yet it works so well, IMO. They are two real natural beauties. Nothing over the top! I guess it all comes down to preference but I have to admit I love the simple but beautiful approach of both Mette-Marit and Mathilde.
Well Said I think M-M is one of prettiest Princess out there. I didn't really become aware of the Norweign royal family until M-M was having IA, so I really don't know what she was like when they were engaged or first married, but I think she has grown into her role wonderfully and IMO, she will make a great Queen. She seems very comfortable in her skin. Plus, going home to CP Haakon every night doesn't hurt either. LOL He is just so handsome!!!!

Tags
crown princess mette-marit, mette-marit