Mette-Marit: Current Events, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The buttons

Larzen said:
From www.nettavisen.no

From www.vg.no

Rather boring outfit I must say, and whats up with her only buttoning one button at the top (she also did it on Iceland and to an art show) it would be more elegant if she buttoned all three, it looks sloppy. At least there has been an improvement in the hair department lately:)
While I agree with you on the jacket it's possible she's having problems with it due to the breast feeding, know what I mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
Alisa said:
I don't think clothing allowance is a factor. I have seen the Crown Princess wear expensive designer clothing like Valentino,Armani,Burberry...etc.

She doesn't need a huge allowance or even expensive designer clothing to look great.
That's true, you don't need that much money to dress well. I'm sure she has more than enough of a budget for that. Just look how nice you can dress even at Banana republic.... www.bananarepublic.com

Mette-Marit opening Ringerike Hospital

I attach some of the colourpress pics, I think she looks good, colour still would not hurt her, I find her shoes a bit too much, not a fan of snake skin

ETA: Picures from Colourpress

Attachments

• COLOUR10091876.jpg
    COLOUR10091876.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 284
  • COLOUR10091883.jpg
    COLOUR10091883.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 297
  • COLOUR10091887.jpg
    COLOUR10091887.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 360
  • COLOUR10091891.jpg
    COLOUR10091891.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 307
  • COLOUR10091894.jpg
    COLOUR10091894.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 318
  • COLOUR10091893.jpg
    COLOUR10091893.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 309
  • COLOUR10091871.jpg
    COLOUR10091871.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 306
  • COLOUR10091872.jpg
    COLOUR10091872.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 293
Last edited by a moderator:
Article from Ringblad.no, the local paper in Hønefoss
http://www.ringblad.no/nyheter/article1409552.ece

The hospital is the first in Norway with a singleroom with a personal shower for all the patients, she did not speak witht the press but spoke in private with some of the patients. She was accompanied by Anders Flågen, he used to be Aid de Camp for the Crown Prince but is now Protocoll advisor for the CP-couple and often accompanies both MM and Haakon

added: some pics from NRK.no

Attachments

• ringblad2.jpg
    ringblad2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 312
  • rinblad3.jpg
    rinblad3.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 300
  • ringblad1.jpg
    ringblad1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 331
  • 442228.jpg
    442228.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 312
  • 442230.jpg
    442230.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 338
  • 442227.jpg
    442227.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 332
  • 442030.jpg
    442030.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Wow, I must say Crown Princess Mette-Marit looks really radiant in some of the pictures in the first load posted by Larzen! Magnificent, she's really sparkling. However, I do agree with you Larzen that some colours would be nice - but when I see pics like these, it's okay :) Those shoes though is a no no from me, I'm not fond of those kind of "flashy" snake skin types...

Mette-Marit went to see the Grefsen revy (variety) yesterday night, her niese Julie Høiby was in charge of the show, and she went there with her mother and two brothers, the show was one and a half hour late and it seems some of the students (age 18-19) got a little overwhelmed with the press attention and got a little bossy with the papers who were there, but MM was friendly with the press when she left and answered some questions

http://oslopuls.no/cityguides/nav/news.jhtml?context=culture&id=947368

and more pictures from the hospital opening

Attachments

• 143444sd003_1105422_251319p.jpg
    143444sd003_1105422_251319p.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 511
  • foto1.jpg
    foto1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 238
  • foto3.jpg
    foto3.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 253
  • foto4.jpg
    foto4.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 290
  • foto5.jpg
    foto5.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
GrandDuchess said:
Those shoes though is a no no from me, I'm not fond of those kind of "flashy" snake skin types...

Me neither.

Mette-Marit at the Nordic Championships in Figure Skating '05

It seems Kongehuset.no has been getting better at publishing pictures from official events. Here is a pic of Mette-Marit from Friday when she opened the nordic championships in Figure Skating in Asker. Its so far the only picture I have seen from this event. Figure Skating is not a big sport in Norway and the competition has hardly gotten any media coverage

H.K.H. Kronprinsesse Mette-Marit var fredag 11. februar til stede ved Nordisk Mesterskap i kunstløp i Askerhallen, hvor hun foresto den offisielle åpningen. Her står hun sammen med fra v. Linn Eline Langaas, Oda Halvorsen som overlever et par skøyter og Celine Mysen. Foto: Scanpix

Attachments

• mmm.jpg
    mmm.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 522
Larzen said:
It seems Kongehuset.no has been getting better at publishing pictures from official events. Here is a pic of Mette-Marit from Friday when she opened the nordic championships in Figure Skating in Asker. Its so far the only picture I have seen from this event. Figure Skating is not a big sport in Norway and the competition has hardly gotten any media coverage

H.K.H. Kronprinsesse Mette-Marit var fredag 11. februar til stede ved Nordisk Mesterskap i kunstløp i Askerhallen, hvor hun foresto den offisielle åpningen. Her står hun sammen med fra v. Linn Eline Langaas, Oda Halvorsen som overlever et par skøyter og Celine Mysen. Foto: Scanpix

Thanks Larzen. I'm glad they've got a carpet for her to stand on. There can be some nasty injuries involving the ice. I really like her coat.

Attachments

• audienskpmfrimerker05_x5c1EM05.jpg
    audienskpmfrimerker05_x5c1EM05.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:
Ahh, a new person in charge of the website. I hope the Swedish Court will follow that example...Nice photo of the Crown Princess with those two young winners.

Mette-Marit visiting children at Ullevål Hospital '05

Mette-Marit today at the new resourcecenter for disabled children and children with chronic(sp?) deseases and their parents at Ullevåll hospital. The children was afraid she would not come because of stomach troubles:D

from ANB (annoying watermark)

Norwegian article from siste.no
Barna var redd kronprinsesse Mette-Marit ikke skulle komme på grunn av «mageproblemer». Men den gravide kronprinsessen kom, og åpnet mandag et nytt lærings- og mestringssenter ved Ullevål universitetssykehus.

Kronprinsesse Mette Marit åpnet det nye lærings- og mestringssenteret for familier med barn som har funksjonshemming eller kronisk sykdom mandag ettermiddag.
Skoleelever fra Haukåsen skole sang i anledning åpningen på Barnesenteret på sykehuset. Etterpå kunne barna fortelle til den gravide kronprinsessen at de var glade for at hun ikke hadde «mageproblemer» og dermed kunne komme.

Senteret ved Ullevål er ett av de første som kun er knyttet til familier med barn som har kronisk sykdom og funksjonshemming. Lærings- og mestringssenteret arbeider for at barn, ungdom og foreldre og deres nettverk skal kunne tilegne seg kunnskaper for å mestre hverdagen bedre.

Opprettelsen av slike sentre har de siste årene vært en nasjonal satsing, og stadig flere sykehus oppretter denne typen sentre.

Attachments

• s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 378
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 403
  • s6.jpg
    s6.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 301
  • s8.jpg
    s8.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 234
  • s9.jpg
    s9.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 236
  • s11.jpg
    s11.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 250
  • s12.jpg
    s12.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 274
  • s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 332
  • su1.jpg
    su1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 459
  • su2.jpg
    su2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Larzen said:
Mette-Marit today at the new resourcecenter for disabled children and children with chronic(sp?) deseases and their parents at Ullevåll hospital. The children was afraid she would not come because of stomach troubles:D

from ANB (annoying watermark)

Norwegian article from siste.no
she is really lovely, and this suit is very beautiful on her:)

More from the hospitalvisit without the watermark.

from NRK and Alf T. Bøhler for Ullevål sykehus

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 338
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 449
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 281
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 410
Just from those few pictures she does look like a really nice, sensitive woman. I think she would be a great friend to go to if you were having problems.

I think CP Mette-Marit did a thorough inspection on her wardrobe and picked out those attires which match her current stage as a pregnant woman and would somewhat bring out her best features. I have noticed recently that she is wearing the suits/attires that really matches her. And she is more glowing this time.

I dont now, but i dont think they are old

Larzen said:
Mette-Marit today at the new resourcecenter for disabled children and children with chronic(sp?) deseases and their parents at Ullevåll hospital.

More from this visit on june 13 from www.isifa.com

Attachments

• is_11064757.jpg
    is_11064757.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 314
  • is_11064758.jpg
    is_11064758.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 314
  • is_11064762.jpg
    is_11064762.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 302
  • is_11064785.jpg
    is_11064785.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 276
  • is_11064786.jpg
    is_11064786.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 266
  • is_11064787.jpg
    is_11064787.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 364
  • is_11064797.jpg
    is_11064797.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 220
  • is_11064799.jpg
    is_11064799.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 301
Birthday Wishes to CP MM..
She may not be of blue blood or as polish as the other CPs but honestly I think she's doing a great job and holding herself very well. I really think not enough credit is given to her.

I total agree with you not enough credit is given to her ,
but I do disagree with you on her not being as polish as the other
cps , I think she always comes up troops ! except maybe for some of her hats!!
also can anyone tell me when the couple are next in the Uk ?

Last edited:
Mette-Marit at the Invisible Conference (on the rights of homosexuals today) 2005

Mette-Mairt will give the opening speech at the Invisible conference in Bodø on Monday that focuses on the problem gay people have in the Norwegian society. Especially in school, the military, in sports and in the health care system. She will also take part in discussions and talks during the meetings.

Responsible for the conference is the hospital in Bodø, the city of Bodø and LLH (Association that works for gay rights) The leader of LLH says he is very happy that she will be there, that it is important that the high profiled people in the Norwegian society help put the spotlight on the many difficulties many gay people have, and that it is good that she will not just come and go, but also take part in the discussions, and that it shows that she cares. He further says that even if Norway would like to think that we are an open and equal society gays are overrepresented on the suicide statistics, they are often discriminated against at work and harassed out of sports.

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelige/article1100948.ece
http://www.nss.nl.no/

Here are two pictures of Haakon with the Queen of Jordan from a dinner a the young global leader conference he attended in July, they are from Yahoo, originally posted by Humera.

EDIT: Haakon and Mette-Marit will visit Trondheim during the TroNett Conference. On August the 25th, their wedding day, they will give a prize from their humanitarian fund. Fighting poverty and the fight against HIV/AIDS is one of the themes at the conference. It is the first time the prize money is handed out outside of Oslo. There will be several lectures from the university in Trondheim as well as the author Henning Mankell, minister Børge Brende, and people from Doctors without Borders and UNECE in Geneva

Source: NTNU

Last edited:
It's wonderful that Mette-Marit is getting involved in such an important issue as gay rights and acceptance. She is my favorite princess and things like that just make me admire her even more!

samitude said:
I am dissappointed in her.

Why? Because she is supporting the awareness of issues faced by gay people in Norway? It is my understanding that the Norwegian Royal House is the only royal house to have publicly made a statement supporting gay rights.

I am surprised that a Princess would take part in what appears to be such a politicial issue, however. I don't know that it will be a very smart move. I suppose that only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom