Marius Borg Hoiby Current Events: November 12, 2002 - January 30, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a child, for God sake.

The way I see it whatever Marius does in life it will never be good enough. Sometimes it looks like he is not entitled to his childish reactions or behaviours (which are normal in kids in his age) because he is so fortunate (???) to be next to the Royal Family.

This exagerated reaction towards Marius remember me the kick that Juan Froilan gave her cousin during Letizia and Felipe's marriage.
Everyone thought so funny and acceptable because he is a child.
But I am sure that if it was Letizia's niece doing so everyone would jump and say that the girl didn't behave, had no manners and shouldn't have been asked to participate.

Regards!

No where in the press does it say that it was waterbaloons as far a I have read:confused: VG paperedition has a small picture of him looking out a closed window saying he threw out a baloon and some paper.

i expressed myself wrongly... didn't want to mean that other kids don't need to behave well. it's always bad throwing ballons through the balconny :)

Larzen said:
No where in the press does it say that it was waterbaloons as far a I have read:confused: VG paperedition has a small picture of him looking out a closed window saying he threw out a baloon and some paper.

It didn't say water balloons in the article I translated and posted either. I put a comment in red in a bracket behind it ASSUMING it was waterballoons, as they would fall to the ground, while other balloons would be taken away by the breeze/wind, thus defeating the point of throwing balloons in the first place! And this behaviour of Marius was commented on by two 15 year old girls. And are they really in a position to comment on such things, since they aren't adults with parenting experience?? How reliable are their observations?? Being 15 also means that one think what other people do is childish/stupid/embarrasing, and teens tend to think they are always right about things:) . This is my opinion anyway.

well, they didnt judge it, they just said what happened. the behaviour thing is something we started discussing here...

carlota said:
well, they didnt judge it, they just said what happened. the behaviour thing is something we started discussing here...

Oh, I see! Thanks for clarifying :)

More pictures of Marius in is father and Celine Maktabis wedding, from Isifa

Attachments

• is_11052685.jpg
    is_11052685.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 316
  • is_11052686.jpg
    is_11052686.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 272
  • is_11052687.jpg
    is_11052687.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 893
  • is_11052689.jpg
    is_11052689.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 304
  • is_11052690.jpg
    is_11052690.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 358
  • is_11052692.jpg
    is_11052692.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 383
  • is_11052693.jpg
    is_11052693.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 309
  • is_11052694.jpg
    is_11052694.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 770
  • is_11052695.jpg
    is_11052695.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 270
  • is_11052696.jpg
    is_11052696.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Marius home one Skagum last summer with Haakon, MM and Ingrid Alex from Isifa

Attachments

• is_11052368.jpg
    is_11052368.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,848
  • is_11052392.jpg
    is_11052392.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 811
  • is_11052395.jpg
    is_11052395.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 337
  • is_11052396.jpg
    is_11052396.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
Noelle9982 said:
Does anyone know how close Haakon and Marius are?

Earlier this year, I believe someone asked Haakon if he would have more kids (before the announcement of Mette-Marit's current pregnancy). He said that he would like more but that they were happy with "the two kids we have now". Haakon always seems very loving with him and is a second father to Marius.

A picture of Baby Marius.
And one of Marius on holidays with his mother, sister and stepfather (I can´t say from when this pic is :confused: )
This is from an article in 7Tage (some kind of "oh no, the poor boy, what if the new baby is a boy"-blabla)

Attachments

• nrf2.jpg
    nrf2.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Whoa, do they get GAP in Norway? He's so grown up now!

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of Marius with his little sister and the new baby at the end of this month or the beginning of next. Maybe there'll be two little girls for Marius to watch over :)

I remember the one picture from the wedding when Hakkon was holding Marius hand walking up some stairs inside the palace. I thought that picture was so special and showed just how caring Hakkon was of Marius.

moosey60 said:
Whoa, do they get GAP in Norway? He's so grown up now!

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of Marius with his little sister and the new baby at the end of this month or the beginning of next. Maybe there'll be two little girls for Marius to watch over :)

Don't know if they have GAP in Oslo, but I guess that mom is in London from time to time :rolleyes:

I'm also thrilled and excited about the new baby. It's so exciting to see whether it is a boy or a girl. I think the Crown Princely couple is doing a terrific job with the my kid, our kids situation (which isn't that uncommon in modern Norway)

This little boy intrigues me so. His place in history is and will be so unique.Not exactly a prince but not exaclty not a prince either....I'm curious to see how his life will turn out!

From an article in Aftenposten, from here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f16/family-news-pictures-thread-5851-3.html

"To be the father of small children has changed my life. The biggest transition came when I became stepfather. To have Marius has been an enrichment to me. I have learned much from him, and I still do."

"I know how it is to have two children, but how it is to have three children and two arms...? That will be a challenge," laughs the Crown Prince.

norwegianne said:
From an article in Aftenposten, from here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f16/family-news-pictures-thread-5851-3.html

"To be the father of small children has changed my life. The biggest transition came when I became stepfather. To have Marius has been an enrichment to me. I have learned much from him, and I still do."

"I know how it is to have two children, but how it is to have three children and two arms...? That will be a challenge," laughs the Crown Prince.

I wonder whether Marius considers Haakon to be his 'father' rather than just a stepfather? Or if he consideres both men his father? Does Marius have any contact with his biological father?:confused:

Either way, it must have been difficult for Haakon to take on a ready made family so quickly. He must have really loved Mette-Marit (and, obviously still does!).:)

Layla1971 said:
I wonder whether Marius considers Haakon to be his 'father' rather than just a stepfather? Or if he consideres both men his father? Does Marius have any contact with his biological father?:confused:

Either way, it must have been difficult for Haakon to take on a ready made family so quickly. He must have really loved Mette-Marit (and, obviously still does!).:)
I think Marius is involved with his biological father. His father was there on Marius' first day at school, and Marius attended his father's wedding.

kwanfan said:
I think Marius is involved with his biological father. His father was there on Marius' first day at school, and Marius attended his father's wedding.

I know that I saw a pic of Marius' paternal grandmother at one of his soccer matches. Haakon, Mette-Marit and I-A were also there. I suppose they try to keep good relations between the two families for Marius' sake. I wonder how Mette-Marit gets along with her ex and his family now?:confused:

I think that Marius spends quite a lot of time with his father, and his family on that side. His paternal grandparents are friends of the King and Queen from before Haakon and Mette-Marit, so there were good relations between the families from before. I don't think Mette-Marit and Morten (Marius' father) are on bad terms, it doesn't seem to be that way judging by pictures from Marius' baptism, his first day of school, etc.

Oh, that's good. I'd hate to think that alot of pressure was put on Marius in relation to his family, you know, choosing between them, ect.

I didn't know that Morten's parents were friends of the King and Queen! You learn something new everyday here!;) :)

According to this article: http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2001/08/11/274088.html from Dagbladet, in Norwegian, from around the time of Haakon and Mette-Marit's wedding:

- Marius' father got Haakon's personal telephone number, so he could get in touch with Marius as often as he liked
- He was invited to the wedding, and it was he and his girlfriend who had the assignment to look after Marius around the wedding. (with the nanny as extra help?)
- He was also with them on holiday to Morocco.
- He had Marius with im on a trip to the mountains on the day the engagement was announced.
- Marius spends every other weekend with his father. (As well as some holidays, as we've seen in recent years.)
- He's very involved in Marius' life.

Marius' dad was at the wedding? are there any photos?

No, he was invited but declined the invitation, he does not seem to want attention unlike certain other (*cough*Sven O)

Larzen said:
No, he was invited but declined the invitation, he does not seem to want attention unlike certain other (*cough*Sven O)

ok, thanks for tellling me. the fact that he declined says a lot (of good things) about him.

I think Haakon, Mette Marit and Morten are dealing with this special situation in a very good way. It seems Marius has 2 daddies, who accept each other.
Has the norwegian press published any photo of Marius half-brother? I wonder, how he looks.

Lena said:
I think Haakon, Mette Marit and Morten are dealing with this special situation in a very good way. It seems Marius has 2 daddies, who accept each other.
Has the norwegian press published any photo of Marius half-brother? I wonder, how he looks.
I know Se og Hør has a published pictures of Emanuel but I don't think there are any of Lucas.

LaMinka said:
I know Se og Hør has a published pictures of Emanuel but I don't think there are any of Lucas.

i wonder if he's as cute as marius?

pollyemma said:
i wonder if he's as cute as marius?

I think Marius would have received some of his looks from his mum!:D But, I've never seen a pic of Morten, so I can't comment on his side.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom