The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Norway > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 07:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
18.00 The King is present when Anders Jahres Cultural prize is awarded - University of Oslo

picture by Stian ysum

Old 09-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
11.30 The King opens the 119th Autumn art exhibition - The house of the artists - Oslo
I suspect the Queen must be on vacation, this is such typicall engagment for her, also she has no engagmenets for almost two weeks. I think she usually goes to France or Switzerland every autumn. The King is pictured with Minister of cutlure, Trond Giske, he is also a close personal friend of Märtha and Ari, and godfather of Maud Angelica

SIDE 2

Old 09-15-2006, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

The Norwegian Royal Court today announced the plans for the King and Queen's 70th birthdays in 2007 via a press release.

King Harald's birthday on 21 February 2007 will be started with a church service in the Trefoldighetskirken in Oslo. Later that day there will be some kind of arrangement in Palace Park, and the day will be concluded with a dinner at Akershus castle.

The Nordic heads of states and guests from the Royal Houses of Europe are invited to Olso from 23-25 February. A ball will be held at the Royal Palace on 24 February.

On Queen Sonja's 70th birthday on 4th of July, royal guests are invited to a trip with the royal yacht Norge. It will start in Stavanger and end in Vestfold, with stops in Lindesnes and Arendal.

http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehus...gid=5&aid=6131
Old 09-15-2006, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh, I'm so going home to Stavanger next summer

It's interesting that they have these gatherings of royals and take them out to experience Norway in this manner, I think.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:39 AM
Moderator Emeritus

That sounds interesting. I thought the couple would celebrate their birthday together in summer.. Well, I hope for many wonderful pictures of the Royal Familys from all over the world.

Old 09-16-2006, 05:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

On the Kings birthday there will be a concert in the park surrounding the palace, that sound like it might be a cold experience considering his birthday is in the middle of the winter Probably this concert will be open to the public. In the evening the goverment gives a gala dinner at Akershus

According to se og hør, Margrethe, Silvia and Carl Gustav will come to Norway both in Febuary and July, (But Im not sure how confirmed that is)

The Norwegian and Danish royal yacht will be used on the trip from Stavanger to Lindesnes which is the most southern point of the mainland and then to Arendal before it will end with a party at the royal summerhouse Maagerø, this is during the summervacation in the scandinavian countries so hopefully many of them will be able to come.

Last time there has been such cruise they visited the west coast but it seems now they have conisdered the guest have gotten 10 years older and with various knee and leg trouble they are visitng flatter places but still very, very beautiful
http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kongeli...gehus/1.199835
http://web3.aftenbladet.no/lokalt/article347819.ece
Old 10-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

King Harlad opens the new cancer and isolation center, ullevål hospital

Junge, Heiko
Old 10-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Today Queen Sonja visited the new Opera which is currently beeing build in Oslo to get information about the building prosess and future plans

scanpix
Old 10-07-2006, 05:22 AM
Nobility

Is it me or did Queen Sonja change her hair colour recently ? I think this one suits her much better !
Old 10-07-2006, 06:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita
Is it me or did Queen Sonja change her hair colour recently ? I think this one suits her much better !
It looks much more like the original hair-colour she had when she married into the family.

Although, at this point, I wouldn't say she's going back to her original hair colour - there's no way that someone who is about to turn 70 next year gets that hair colour if they stop dying it.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita
I agree with you!
She looks great with this haircolour! I really like it!

Old 10-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Article:
The Queen's past
Working in a pub in England http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kongeli...gehus/1.256070
seher.no

Old 10-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
Article:
The Queen's past
Working in a pub in England http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kongeli...gehus/1.256070
seher.no
Uhm... I don't know why they portray this as news? Anybody having read Sonja's biography "Sonja - Norges Kronprinsesse" could've told them that. It's not something that's been hidden.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:45 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Uhm... I don't know why they portray this as news? Anybody having read Sonja's biography "Sonja - Norges Kronprinsesse" could've told them that. It's not something that's been hidden.
It seems they just need some "new" headlines to have something they can "unhide".
Maybe it's a kind of promotion for King Harald's biography..
My Norwegian knowledge is quite bad, so I don't know exactly what the article is about.. but I think the biography has been mentioned, hasn't it?

Old 10-19-2006, 04:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
It seems they just need some "new" headlines to have something they can "unhide".
Maybe it's a kind of promotion for King Harald's biography..
My Norwegian knowledge is quite bad, so I don't know exactly what the article is about.. but I think the biography has been mentioned, hasn't it?
Yeah, it was about the biography, but the headline was something that has been out in the public since forever, and it is rather typical of Se & Hør to try to make news out of it. (A biography on King Harald in itself isn't as good "news" as the fact that the queen used to work in a pub when she studied in England...)
Old 10-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Commemorative acts of the L Aniversario of the Revolution 1956
Budapest. Hungary

From terra, afp-getty and reuters

Old 10-22-2006, 04:18 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the pictures! It's great to see the Kings together!
Are the Queens in Hungary, too?

Old 10-23-2006, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

King Harald attend a special session of the Hungarian Parliament celebrating the 50th anniversary of the 1956 uprising against the Soviet-supported Hungarian communist regime, at the parliament hall in downtown Budapest October 23, 2006

From yahoo/reuters

Budapest, HUNGARY: Norway's King Harald V © and Belgium's Crown Prince Philippe (L) laugh beside Hungarian Prime Minister Ferenc Gyurcsany ® prior to the family photo of the Heads of States and governments attending a commemoration marking the 50th anniversary of the 1956 upraising against the Soviet rule and the Soviet Red Army at the Parliament in downtown Budapest, 23 October 2006

from getty

Old 10-28-2006, 06:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

VG today has some of the pictures from the book taken by Sonja, lots of cute moments, esp with his children and grandchildren in the book, dont know which of them is in VG except this one with Maud
Old 10-28-2006, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
VG today has some of the pictures from the book taken by Sonja, lots of cute moments, esp with his children and grandchildren in the book, dont know which of them is in VG except this one with Maud

ow... Is it possible to get a copy online??