King Harald and Queen Sonja: Current events Part 1; January 2008 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it´s almost unbelievable HM will be 80 in 4 years! She´s still such a good-looking lady!

Last edited:
Last weekend, Queen Sonja has been on a private trip in Finnmark, where she traveled across the Finnland plateau with a snowmobile and dogs.
On friday she made a private visit to Juhl's Silver Gallery in Kautokeino.
Dronning Sonja i Kautokeino - NRK Sápmi
Google Translation

Saturday she met with the Gaup family in Karasjo, and the tour ended in Jotka on sunday.
nice article with pictures and video Verdens sprekeste dronning? - Troms og Finnmark
Google Translation
"She is an incredibly down to earth person and we really talked about everything", says Anne Louise. She says that the Queen was incredibly easy to talk to, they chatted over a cup of coffee in the tent about ordinary things. "She talked about the crown prince's life, about Märtha, about her life and her previous trip to Karasjok and I talked about my life here. It's really fun when there are so informally. And she's a very fit lady."

Sad news: Queen Sonja's friend artist Kjell Nupen died aged 58 of cancer. "Kjell Nupen has meant a lot to the Queen as both a friend and an artist. Royal Family thoughts are with Nupens family", says Marianne Hagen, communications manager at the Palace according to NTB.
In 2011 the Queen made ​​her debut with Kjell Nupen with their works during an exhibition in Finland and their cooperation continued.
http://www.seher.no/royal/dronning-sonja-i-sorg-etter-vennens-død-69900
Google Translation

Today, King Harald and Queen Sonja attended the Funeral Service of Artist Kjell Nupen, Søm Church in Kristiansand, March 25, 2014.
Also CP Mette-Marit's mother Marit Tjessem was present.
Kjell Nupen bisettes - NRK – Sørlandet
Google Translation

Rørt Sonja etter Kjell Nupens bisettelse - kultur - Dagbladet.no
Google Translation

http://www.seher.no/kjendis/kongen-trøstet-i-sorgen-70235
Google Translation

touching video of their arrival Kulturpersonligheter samlet for å ta farvel - fvn.no

some pictures and video at the bottom Rørt Sonja tok farvel med Nupen - VG
Google Translation

King Harald attended the annual meeting of the Norwegian Shipowners' Association, and the presentation of the Thor Heyerdahl International Maritime Environmental Award in Oslo, March 31, 2014.
kongehuset.no - Delte ut internasjonal miljøpris
Google Translation

King Harald opened the exhibition "Things: Technology and Democracy" at the Norwegian Museum of Science and Technology, April 2, 2014.
kongehuset.no - Nye veier med TING
Google Translation

King Harald attended the opening of the exhibition "Norway is the Sea" at the Norwegian Maritime Museum, April 3, 2014.
kongehuset.no - Norge er Havet
Google Translation

Queen Sonja visited the Red Cross Nordic United World College, Flekke and Åmot farm, Gaular 3 - 4 April, 2014. The school was founded in 1995 and was opened by Queen Sonja and Queen Noor of Jordan.
kongehuset.no - 95 nasjoner på samme skole
Google Translation

visit to Møre og Romsdal May 21-22, 2014

another press release with more information for the visit to Møre og Romsdal May 21-22, 2014 kongehuset.no - Kongeparet på fylkestur til Møre og Romsdal
Google Translation

The couple will use the Royal Yacht "Norge" for the visit to the municipalities Aure, Tingvoll, Gjemnes, Halsa and Surnadal.

Maybe one of the moderators can change the dates in the title of the thread. Thanks!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom