King Harald and Queen Sonja: Current events Part 1; January 2008 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On September 20, King Harald granted - amongst others - representatives of the Norwegian Telethon 2013 audience. King Harald is patron of the campaign, its topic is dementia.
Picture

another picture of the representatives outside the castle with the caption:
"TV campaign ambassadors Wenche, Stig Atle and Ann-Iren had a nice chat with the King, who is patron of the campaign. Stig Atle told a receptive King Harald of how it is to be diagnosed with dementia. What a great King, he concludes. Ann-Iren was a teenager when her mother had dementia and could tell the King about how important it is that the family gets support. All three stressed that transparency is incredibly important that dementia will become easier to cope with the disease."

On September 20, King Harald granted - amongst others - representatives of the Norwegian Telethon 2013 audience. King Harald is patron of the campaign, its topic is dementia.
Picture

article about it (the telethon is named "No time to lose"), King Harald is talking about dementia
- Da må de fortelle meg at det er på tide å legge inn årene - VG Nett om Kongehuset
Google Translation

King Harald has met people with dementia and their carers and talks about this experience.
He also said: "There is a new term I've learned: Rest Health. It's about taking care of what is left, rather than focusing on what's gone. Those with dementia can still enjoy a walk in the mountains, to get a drive, listen to music or having a conversation. Perhaps they remember nothing of it afterwards, but they have certainly enjoyed the days and hours in which something happens they thrive. I do not know what he who I met will remember of our meeting, but my impression was that while we talked, he was entirely with, at the time, and that he had enjoyed the moment."

Picture

https://www.facebook.com/Kongehuset/posts/10153352758270247
The caption says: "The King is pleased that the NRK telethon was very successful, and that the Norwegian people have contributed more than 220 million kroner [which is about 27 million Euro/37 million US Dollar] for the National Health Association and their work with dementia case. As patron of this year's campaign wants King like to thank all of you who gave and above all shaker carriers effort."

Yesterday, Queen Sonja was officially commissioned in Ullensvang to open the 'Dronningruta' - a panoramic route that carries the Queen's name. It was coincidence that she met participants of 'No Limits' on the tour.

article with video Rørt Dronning Sonja møtte «Ingen Grenser»-deltagerne på tur - VG Nett om Kongehuset
Google Translation
Christian Fjeldal said: "I was really starstruck. First, I was not sure it was her. Five minutes later, I realized the who it was. It was both a strange and comical situations. It was very interesting to meet her" and "The Queen said that we were tough who took this challenge. She was about to cry when she said it. She was very moved and had tears in his eyes. It was both pleasant and nice that queen herself was so touched by us. It gave us the inspiration to continue on."

more pictures Ingen grenser for Sonjas entusiasme… | Kongebloggen - Kjell Arne Totland
Google Translation

Wow.

It's been AGES since I haven't posted here.
Still a fan of Harald and Sonja, of course. More than ever. And forever.
Glad to be back here ! :flowers:

Last edited:
:previous: Great to see you being around again, Anita. Welcome back. :flowers:

Does anyone please know the name of the song chanted by the chorous in the beginning ? It sounds very familiar to me but the name / composer escapes me.
Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom