King Harald and Queen Sonja: Current events Part 1; January 2008 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, Queen Sonja attended the women's suffrage centenary in Flakstad, Lofoten, June 15,2013.
kongehuset.no - Feiret Gina Krog
Google Translation
It was a day full of several events, a outdoor photo exhibtion, a mountain trail, which she opened and also hiked along, a dinner and a centennial celebration concert.

Queen Sonja is still on west coast tour with the Royal Yacht. Today, she was supposed to open the Hardangerbrua (Hardange Bridge, 30 m longer than the Golden Gate bridge), but it is not finished yet. As she was there anyway, she visited the bridge on Thursday, June 27, and said "I've had my own little ceremony. I have been allowed to set a personal greeting on the bridge, I had with me a 3 m long blue silk band that I have tied to a bow in the middle of the bridge. And so I say congratulations."

article with pictures of her on the bridge - Heilt fascinerande - Bergens Tidende
Google Translation

short video http://www.nrk.no/hordaland/dronningen-snikapnet-hardangerbrua-1.11104968
Google Translation

Last edited:
Last edited:
Queen Sonja visited on Saturday privately Kiasma, the Museum of Contemporary Art in Helsinki. The Queen is in Helsinki with king Harald, who participates at the world championships of the 8mR class sailboats. The curator Jonna Strandberg told to Helsingin Sanomat, that they had a call on Friday that the queen would visit the museum.
Norjan kuningatar vieraili Kiasmassa - Kuninkaalliset - Kaupunki - Helsingin Sanomat

What a story :ROFLMAO: (told by Bent Stiansen from the Mini Bottle Gallery):

Queen Sonja and King Harald were at The Mini Bottle Gallery in Oslo for a private party (it doesn't say when it was).
The gallery has a slide down (see picture in the article) and Queen Sonja wanted to try as well :D King Harald rolled his eyes. Dressed in a silk dress of high quality, she had a tremendous speed. But it didn't go as planned. The Queen was so fast that she scraped with her elbow against the rough basement wall, and the blood flowed. But she just ordered a glass of cognac, washed the wound and the party continued as if nothing had happened.
Dronning sonja - - Kongen himla med øynene - Seoghør.no Kongelige
Google Translation

Poor Queen Sonja! I hope it didn´t hurt too much!
But this episode shows once more the Queen´s zest for live, which her husband, I´m sur,e secretly admires!

Last week at August 14, Queen Sonja was present when the ballet performance "På sommerslottet" ("At the Summer Palace") premiered at Oscarshall.
The show is a collaboration between The Norwegian Opera & Ballet, the Oslo Chamber Music Festival and Open Castles. Queen Sonja is patron of both first named organizations - in addition to being the Honorary Chairman of the Royal Court unit for culture - Open Castles.
kongehuset.no - På sommerslottet
Google Translation

Here is another Picture.

Today August 29th 2013, is the 45th wedding anniversary for the King and Queen of Norway. Congratulations. :rose2:

Another nice story about King Harald:

Last weekend, King Harald has been on a 3-day-tour in Engerdal together with and invited by the guys of the relay from the ski world championships in 1966.
It all started by chance: country skier from 1966, Gjermundshamn Eggen, was sitting at the table with King Harald during the Royal dinner at the National Skiing Championships last winter. Eggen says: "I talked about the unity and camaraderie in the relay team and the annual walking tour in Engerdal. It would be fun if the King would also be included."
A few weeks later came the message from the Royal Palace, that the King would take part, but it had to happen in silence. The King gave notice that he wanted to be treated equal to the relay team members during the tour. So he took his turn in the kitchen service, fried fish and rowed while Gjermundshamn collected stuffed trout nets.
"A good rower and a very pleasant and sober companion. He asked if he should pay toll on the way to Hyllsjøen. I asked him to run through, smiles Gjermundshamn."
Kong Harald på tre dagers hemmelig ferie i Engerdal - Trysil / Engerdal - Østlendingen
Google Translation

Kongen på hemmelig tur i Engerdal - Hedmark og Oppland
Google Translation

That was one month ago:

King Harald made a trip to the Eastern parts of Svalbard from August 19-22, 2013. He has long had a desire to visit this part of the archipelago to have a closer knowledge of the environmental challenges.
King Harald went on board the MS "Northern District" on August 19 and the ship sailed along the East coast of Svalbard. Along the way the ship included stops in King Karls Land, White Island, Ross Island and Kinnvika.
kongehuset.no - Kongen besøkte Svalbard
Google Translation
The Norwegian Polar Institute wants to call a land area (an area of about 6,500 km2) of ​​Svalbard after him - Harald V Land. Naming follows a tradition of Svalbard. An area in the West of Spitsbergen was named after King Haakon VII in 1915, and Olav V Land is the name of the Eastern area on the same island.

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/norge/1.11253482
Google Translation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom