King Harald and Queen Sonja: Current events Part 1; January 2008 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, King Harald granted several formal audiences, May 23, 2013:

with the new Ambassador of Iran, Majid Nili Ahmadabadi Picture

with the new Ambassador of Burundi, Pascal Ruhomvyumworo Picture

with the new Ambassador of Botswana, Lameck Nthekela Picture

with the new Ambassador of Mali, Hawa Keita Ba Picture 1 - Picture 2

Today, May 23, 2013, the Royal Couple received a detailed review for their county tour.
Picture

Cute photos of Queen Sonja and the little girl! :flowers: Thanks for sharing!

Today, June 10, 2013, King Harald granted the members of the Norwegian band "A-ha" Morten Harket, Magne Furuholmen and Pål Waaktaar Savoy audience, as they were appointed Officer of the Order of St Olav half a year ago.
Unfortunately no pictures of them with the King, but a short video when they arrived at the palace - Kreves mye for å få oss samlet - Aftenposten

Yesterday, King Harald attended a seminar on the occasion of Anti-Doping Norway's 10th anniversary, June 10, 2013.
kongehuset.no - Symposium om antidoping
Google Translation

Kongen besøkte antidopingseminar | Antidoping Norge
Google Translation

Also yesterday, the Royal Ship 'Norge' has been seen in Evenesvika (it's quite in the North of Norway).
According to Andreas R. Bruun, who took pictures when the vessel arrived at around 18.15, several people went ashore, among them Queen Sonja.
Kongeskipet i Evenesvika -ht.no- nyheter fra Harstad og Hålogaland
Google Translation

The Fram is such a wonderful museum. I remember to wonder what would be inside that pyramid and the WOW when I entered and saw the ship

BTW, who was Queen Josephine? A norwegian queen from the times of the union with Sweden, perhaps, since there was no Queen Josephine since 1905, was there?

Last edited:
The Fram is such a wonderful museum. I remember to wonder what would be inside that pyramid and the WOW when I entered and saw the ship

BTW, who was Queen Josephine? A norwegian queen from the times of the union with Sweden, perhaps, since there was no Queen Josephine since 1905, was there?

Yes you're right.
Josephine of Leuchtenberg (1807-1876) was the wife of King Oscar I (1799–1859), who was the only son of King Carl Johan (formerly known as Jean Baptiste Bernadotte) and Desiree Clary. She became Queen Consort of Norway and Sweden in 1844 with the accession of her husband.
Oscarhall was built on the instructions of King Oscar I and named after him, but Queen Josephine was heavily involved in the project (so involved that some have argued that little castle could have been named after her).
King Oscar and Queen Josephine were both very interested in art, and they laid the foundation for the fine collection of old Norwegian art contained in the Royal Palace today.

You can read about her here Josephine of Leuchtenberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom