King Harald And Queen Sonja Current Events: July 2004 - June 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Sosnowitz

Aristocracy
City
Budapest
Country
Hungary
Has anybody got pics from King Harald's throne speeches at Rikstag?

Attachments

• kir_lyi_p_r.jpg
    kir_lyi_p_r.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 870
King Harald And Queen Sonja, News and Pictures, Thread 3

Here's the new thread for news and photos of the King and Queen of Norway.

It seems that the only Norwegian Royal in Athens at the moment is Crown Prince Haakon. Neither of his parents are scheduled to go there.

Princess Märtha Louise will most likely be attending the paralympics down there in September.

Queen Sonja's hair:is it brown or yellow?Is her hair has the same colour with Britain's Duchess of Gloucester?

Windsorfan said:
Queen Sonja's hair:is it brown or yellow?Is her hair has the same colour with Britain's Duchess of Gloucester?

The Duchess of Gloucester has blonde to sandy blonde hair.

Queen Sonja has chestnut coloured hair with occasional blonde or mahogany highlights. (I think the sun must lighten her hair during the summer, hence an appearance of blonde highlights during the summer months.)

Alexandria said:
The Duchess of Gloucester has blonde to sandy blonde hair.

Queen Sonja has chestnut coloured hair with occasional blonde or mahogany highlights. (I think the sun must lighten her hair during the summer, hence an appearance of blonde highlights during the summer months.)

And since the lady in question is well past sixty years old, it is unsure how much of it is her real colour right now... But it has lightened a lot during the years.

Harald meets Boris at the palace

Mandag møtte en smilende Boris Jeltsin kong Harald på slottet. (Foto: Terje Pedersen, ANB)

Attachments

• 445224g.jpg
    445224g.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
It is now certain that King Harald and Queen Sonja will pay a state visit to Vietnam and Singapore this autumn. No dates have been announced, but it is likely to be late Oct/early Nov.

An incomming state visit is also expected, though I have heard no rumours of who have been invited.

What!The King and The Queen will visit Viet Nam?So,i will have a lot of pics of them!I'm living in Viet Nam.

New pic of King Harald and Quen Sonja.Is it the new hat?It looks sweet and lovely.

Attachments

• 51212002.jpg
    51212002.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 457
Visit to Viet Nam

HMQueenElizabethII said:
What!The King and The Queen will visit Viet Nam?So,i will have a lot of pics of them!I'm living in Viet Nam.
Hello HMQueenElizabethII,

Great news! We'll be waiting for the pictures. Thanks in advance.:)

Mandy

Mandy said:
Hello HMQueenElizabethII,

Great news! We'll be waiting for the pictures. Thanks in advance.:)

Mandy
Oh,ys,Mandy.I will try to find pics of them.I'm not sure because when a Head of State visits my country,they usually stay in the North of Vietnam.And i'm living in the South of Vietnam.But i hope that they will visit The South of Vietnam because in the south there is a strongest economic city in Vietnam.Last Feb,when HM King Carl Gustav and Queen Silvia of Sweden visited Vietnam,they also stay in Ho Chi Minh City for 2-3 days,i remembered.So,i hope Harald and Sonja too.

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=241497

Dronningen skrøt av «Ikke naken»

-Praktfull

HAUGESUND (VG) - En praktfull film! Det var en glede, svarte dronning Sonja på vei ut fra kongelig première på «Ikke naken» i Haugesund i går.

Av ELLEN MARGRETHE SAND og NILS BJÅLAND (foto)

Der hadde hun og kong Harald delt benkerad også med filmens 13-årige skuespillere, Julia Krohn og Bernhard Naglestad - som også så filmen for aller første gang. Og var like spent på filmen som de var på sitt ytterst kongelige publikum.

Kongeparet er i Haugesund for å feire byens 150-årsjubileum, som falt sammen med filmfestival og lansering av Torun Lians film. Og de kom til Edda kino rett fra Udland omsorgssenter. Med store smil i vestlandsregnet, som Dronningen lyste betraktelig opp med sin gule sydvest.

Etter forestillingen berømmet hun så vel regissør Torun Lian som filmens 13-årige hovedrolleinnehavere Julia Krohn og Bernhard Naglestad.

SUMMARY IN ENGLISH:
The King and Queen attended the film festival in Haugesund, where they were on the premiere for the young adult film: Not Naked. The queen told the press she enjoyed the film.

At Rikstag...

Their Majesties at Investiture Ceremony...

Attachments

• 6__d2.jpg
    6__d2.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 667
It's most definitely not called the Rikstag. That is for certain. It's called Stortinget, or The Storting.

One photo. Kind of distant: http://www.vg.no/bilder/bildarkiv/997979575.jpg
Another one, which is from last year's ceremony: http://www.aftenposten.no/multimedia/archive/00147/STORTINGET__PNET_147884a.jpg
One of the king and queen after having delivered the Throne speech in 2002 http://www.vg.no/bilder/bildarkiv/1033565096.jpg
The trone speech 2002: http://www.aftenposten.no/multimedia/archive/00072/TRONTALE_72960a.jpg
One from 2001: http://www.vg.no/bilder/bildarkiv/1002717589.jpg

VG

A magazine in Viet Nam announces that King Harald and Queen Sonja will pay their State Visit to Viet Nam on 20 October this year.And this is the first time that Vietnamese actors and actresses will perform Norway's famous play of Herich Ibsen.

I read on another forum that the King and the Queen do have some marital problems and that they seem to lead kind of separate lives ... Does someone know more about these rumours ? :confused:

King Harald and Queen Sonja has led relatively separate lives for a while now, but it's never been any talk of marital problems, at least not that I have heard any place.

They have separate interests, and the royal duties can take them places where they don't represent together. But to me they look as if though they are in love when I see them together in more informal settings.

Pictures from ANB

1) 2004-09-17:Bioteknologinemda og UNESCO-kommisjonen arrangerer den 17. september en storslått, allmennrettet bioteknologikonferanse i Universitetets Aula i Oslo.Kongeparet var tilstede.

2) 2004-09-17-008: Fredag var dronning Sonja til stede da årets Forskningsdager ble åpnet på Universitetet i Oslo. Hun fikk blant annet med seg en meteoritt med hjem til Slottet. Det var en av Norges fremste romeksperter, forsker Knut Jørgen Røed Ødegaard ved astrofysisk institutt ved Oslo-universitetet, som overrakte dronningen en meteoritt som falt ned ved Vladivostok i Russland i 1947. Meteoritten dronning Sonja holder på bildet stammer imidlertid fra et meteorittregn over Argentina i 1576. Det er i år tiende gangen Forskningsdagene finner sted. Årets festival varer til 26. september, og rundt 200 arrangører har over 1.000 arrangementer på landsbasis. (Foto: Vidar Ruud, ANB)

3) 2004-09-17: dronning Sonja har i tillegg satt av tid til å besøke Forskningstorget som går av stabelen på Universitetsplassen samtidig med konferansen. Forskningstorget i Oslo består av 35 boder med spennende aktiviteter og foregår fredag 17. og lørdag 18. september. Der kan barn og voksne få støpe sitt eget middelaldersmykke, lære om meteoritter, bokstavelig talt smake på år 2010,arkeolog Unn Prdersen hjalp dronningen med å støpe et smykke.

Attachments

• alle20040917.jpg
    alle20040917.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 406
  • alle20040918.jpg
    alle20040918.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 284
  • alle20040919.jpg
    alle20040919.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 316
Both the King and Queen has said in interviews that it is imprtant for them to have separate things to do, the King sails, and the Queen walks in the mountains. They both stress that because so much of their work that we do not see is together, and also many of their official travels is together, its important to have some time to themselves, which I can understand. How many of us both live and work with your husband\wife?

Especially after they got grandchildren and the King got sick they have seemed very close to me It has been commented on in the glossys that they seem closer than ever, and the Queen even joined the King for this years sailing competitions in Mallorca which she usually doesn`t do. They were also seen on private sailing trips in Norway this summer. So I think it is just ruomers. (but then I thought Joachim and Alexandra was also just ruomers)

Hallo,

I'm sorry for asking the question which is not on topic. Just now we have heard that Wangari Maathai is the recipient of this year's Nobel Peace Prize. Is King Harald of Norway who will be handing over the prize on this 10th of December?

Where will the ceremony be held? I'm interested to know...please

Ephram said:
Hallo,

I'm sorry for asking the question which is not on topic. Just now we have heard that Wangari Maathai is the recipient of this year's Nobel Peace Prize. Is King Harald of Norway who will be handing over the prize on this 10th of December?

Where will the ceremony be held? I'm interested to know...please
The ceremony usually takes place on December 10th each year at Oslo's City Hall and both Harald and Sonja usually attend the event. The award is handed out by the chairman of the Norwegian Nobel Committee.

Mandy said:
The ceremony usually takes place on December 10th each year at Oslo's City Hall and both Harald and Sonja usually attend the event. The award is handed out by the chairman of the Norwegian Nobel Committee.
Ok. Thanks. I want to follow the ceremony on this December

Translation of the article in www.dt.no

Here comes a translation of the article you wondered about. Not the best translation ever but I think you will get the essence:eek:

The King and Queen may be coming

The possibility that the King and Queen will attend the centenniel of the disolvement of the Union in Drammens Theatre, is large. “It has not been decided yet” the Queen says.

Drammens Tidende (newspaper) meet Queen Sonja at the opening of the artexhebition “Open house” in Lychepavillion.

Saturday February 5th 2005 there will be a live TV-show which is the first part of the official Norway’s celebration of the centenniel since Norway’s independence. It has so far been much secrecy around the TV2 broadcasted show, and the Queen could not clarify if she and the King would visit Drammen that evening. “The possiblity is large. 2005 will be a buissy year, but exciting. The decission will be made later” the Queen says to Drammens Tidende.

Had a great time. Even if it still is not decided if the Queen will revisit Drammen in 4 months, there was no doubt that Queen Sonja enjoyed her visit at the contemoprary arts exhebition at Drammens Museum. “I did not know a lot of the artist beforehand, and it was interesting to get to know their expressions better” the Queen said after the tour.

Blew the timeschedule. A very interested Queen blew the timeschedule of the closed tour of the new exhebition “Open house”. 12 minutes after the very accurate schedule the official opening could start. Afteron the Queen said that she enjoyed the works of the 20 artists that were represented.

The favourite. “Contemporary art is my favourite in arts” said an allert Queen. “Open house” present works that has its theme in house, home and the things that surround us daily. Harald Gautneb is the director of the board of the museum. He said it was time that the Queen visited Lychepavillion. “It is nice that she gets to meet artists she otherwise would not meet. Otherwise I’m very happy that Drammens Museum is put on the map with such a celebrity visit. That the Queen visits is the prof that we do something that shows” says Gautneb.

”Professionalisation”. CIO of the museum Åsmund Thorkildsen said in his speach that he has emphasized on the professionalisation of the production of the exhebitions. “This is a joyous day for us. And it gives a new energy for the arts association. They fixes everything with this exhebition” said Thorkildsen about the new form of organising exhebitions in the Lychepavillion. Chairman of Drammen Arts Association, Helge Wahl said that a heated realestatemarket in Oslo gives people only a few minutes to decide, then it is a good opprotunity to invite artists with their artworks.” We hope that the visitors will meet works they experience recognition in” said Wahl. He thought it was exciting with an exhebition shows the fact that some people have “pushingly high standards” on their homes, as he called it.

Totally packed. 250 people filled the rooms to the last space. Rarely have an opening of an art exhebition in Drammen gotten so much attention, even of the mainstream visitors. County govenor Kirsti Kolle Grøndahl did the official opening of the exhebition. “You are welcome to look critically in all nocks and crannies, look for leaks under the kitchen sink, and sniff around for mould in the bathroom. Hasty coats of paint rise suspicion. What is the selling party hiding” she said. “Possibly will it be as usuall on open houses. Some will be interested, some happy, some disappointed, others curious – and some will not care. As in other open houses there will be different parts of the construction/the house/the decoration/the furnishings that rise interest. Maybe just one little detail will raise the biggest interest in the end” said Kolle Grøndahl.

OT: http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/english/article293082.ece
A French tourist was so shocked by the poor state of the roads in Nordland, Northern Norway, that she wrote a letter of complaint to Prime Minister Kjell Magne Bondevik.

One would hope that she didn't write first to the King and got no where, and then to the Prime Minister ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom