Haakon & Mette-Marit: Picture Thread Part I

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh my gosh...when will they ever stop. It's been years since the wedding and she's done such a wonderful job since marrying into the family - given birth to a beautiful baby girl.... i think people should stop looking into the past and concentrate on the present and future!

Eliza said:
oh my gosh...when will they ever stop. It's been years since the wedding and she's done such a wonderful job since marrying into the family - given birth to a beautiful baby girl.... i think people should stop looking into the past and concentrate on the present and future!

I total agree with you

I took this pictures of Haakon and Mette-Marit (well, mostly her) from HOLA! while it was open for guests

1 Ferner wedding at the resturant Bagatelle the day after her engagement
2 Going to school , in the days around the engagement
3 First official visit to her hometown in 2002
4 First offical 3 day trip in Norway after the wedding (oct? 2001)
5 During the same trip in 2001

6 Engagement dinner 2000 and black tie dinner during visit to Kristiansand 2002
7 Concert in Luxembourg 2001 and again from Märthas wedding
8 Visit to Geneva 2004
9 Märtha Louises 30th birthday dinner in Bergen sept 2001
10 First gala after the wedding, acting as hostess in Sonjas absens, Haakon and his sister in the background

Last edited:
Thank you Larzen! Mette-Marit is really a very beautiful and stylish woman. I like to see the pictures from the time before and around the engagement. She had a sort of girlish shyness about her that I really loved. She's more mature now, also more suited to her new life, good for her, but sometimes I also think it's a a bit of a pitty.

Still from Hola
1 One of the first pictures published of her walking the streets in Oslo, the sweater she wore was sold out at H&M in no time (and its not really a very special sweater either)
2 Return dinner for Queen Elizabeths statevisit in May 2001
3 As engaged she and Haakon attended a dinner at an art museum, the press hated her outfit and ponytail
4 At the opera on national day 2000
5 Attending Prince Constantijn and Laurentiens preweddingdinner, the Press was very excited about this dress by the man that ended up doing her weddingdress Ove H. Finnseth (not so excited about the plastic flower in her hair though)

Her first solotrip abroad to Washinton in autumn 2002 to promote Norwegian furniture design (Brunopress)

Last edited:
Thank you Larzen for posting the pictures! They're beautiful, there are many I haven't seen before!!

sm1939 said:
I total agree with you

I agree with you both!

Mette-Marit has a past, but a past is a past. We should concentrate on the future, and the baby that's a month away.:)

thanks larzen! there were many pics that i didn't see before! please keep posting... :)

love the pictures of mm,

THanks for the pictures Larzen.. MM is just wonderful!

Here are some more older pictures

Before engagement
1 The first picture ever shown of her in Norway, it was sold to the local paper in her hometown by a (former I would guess;) ) firend, the press in Norway had known about her for some time but had no picture until Fedrelandsvennen published this.
2 Mette-Marit going to work during the summer 2000, she had to quit shortly because the press camped outside her fiends clotheshop where she helped out (aftenposten)
9465014368vc.jpg
t814205yg.jpg

From cover
3 In autum 2000 the presscoverage about Mette-Mairt and Haakon was very big with lots of speculation and rumours, and the press were constantly following Mette-Marit. The court called a meeting to try to settle things and stop some of the speculations, and ended up saying it would be an engagement. That ofcourse made the press search for her even more and the same day she and Haakon let them self be photographed by the press together casaully at St. Hanshaugen in Oslo.
4 Summer 2000. Haakon and Mette-Marit leaving her mothers home in Kristiansand, the press made camp outside her mothers home when it was known they were there, it was also shown on TV
5 During the big Quart music festival in Kristiansand summer 2000, the bald guy is their best and most trusted friend Morten Andreassen
6 In a park in Oslo, summer 2000

7 After the engagement, they attended together with the rest of the family the opening of Queen Sonjas art exhibition.
8 Summer 2002 they recieved a belated weddinggift, the university in Oslo decided that instead of finding a gift for the couple that would have everything they payed for a schollarship for an exchangestudent from Africa to get a free education in their name
9 I dont remeber what event this was but it was in the summer 2002, possible a civil wedding

Not so old pictures

www.Cover.es
1-3 Mette-Mairt and Marius attendning a friends wedding summer 2003, she was pregnant with Ingrid Alexandra
4-5 Haakon and Mette-Marit leaving a resturant during their stay in London (Thankfully we have not seen those yellow boots in quite some time)

6 Attendning Tsunami memorial in january 2005
7 Attending Nobel Concert 2204
8 Haakon and Mette-Mairt in Finnmark autumn 2004
9 Haakon and Mette-Mairt watching Marius in a skiing competition, a few weeks after the birth of Ingrid
10 Mette-Marit seeing her nieces theatreshow

Thanks for all those pictures! Mette-Marit looks amazing in the picture from the Nobel Concert in 2004!

Thanks again Larzen! You have always great pictures. WOW! Mette-Marit is really tall!

Thanks for posting these wonderful pictures!

When did Mette-Marit and Haakon start dating?

And when did she become known in the media?

Unfortunately I was not really a Royal watcher until the weeks and months leading up to the Norwegian Royal Couples wedding.

The first I had ever heard or saw Mette-Marit was in HELLO! and she was in norwegian costume (folk clothes?) on her way to a family party. I remember seeing her full name and wondering how to say it.

Mette-Marits life has turned into a fairytale, to come from being a single parent to what she is now is so amazing.

I am always astounded when I see old pictures of her with darker hair, she looks like such a natural blonde.

I like the picture from the Quart Music Festival, they both look so young and hip and it shows MM's great bone structure.

And I remember the photos of them leaving her mother's home, there was one (at least) where Haakon is carrying Marius' car seat.

The pointy black shoes are great - it's incredible what difference shoes can make (especially compared to those strange yellow boots!).

Fab pictures of MM , thanks for posting the pictures!

aw, it's a pity we can't see those bigger. they really look like different pics, at least i haven't seen them before.

larzen, do you know where did mette marit work by that time? did she just help her friend or did she get paid for that (ie, work)? this is the caption you gave for the photo:

Mette-Marit going to work during the summer 2000, she had to quit shortly because the press camped outside her fiends clotheshop where she helped out (aftenposten)

i really like the pink dress to the wedding. it looks refreshing and really springy-like. beautiful and simple.
http://img500.imageshack.us/my.php?image=catfgy474qt.jpg

this black dress with the curls looks absolutely lovely as well.

http://img350.imageshack.us/my.php?image=canrtycd9vt.jpg

carlota said:
larzen, do you know where did mette marit work by that time? did she just help her friend or did she get paid for that (ie, work)? this is the caption you gave for the photo:
If I remember correctly she was supposed to work (payed) in her friends clothes botique (either in Krisitansand or Oslo, Im not sure), but because of the press it only took a couple of days until they relaised it was not an option for her to work in such a public place. Ill se if I can find the article later.

Today I did get visit from my norwegian friend Blancha and she has many Se og Hor magazines with her so we have scanned some of them and here they are:

In Italy with Valentino, Kyril & Rosario of Bulgaria and a friend of Valentino:

Thanks a lot for posting the pictures, LaMinka! Do you know what the story was about? Something about "Mette Marit loves shopping"?

More pictures again scanned from Se og Hor

Smilla said:
Thanks a lot for posting the pictures, LaMinka! Do you know what the story was about? Something about "Mette Marit loves shopping"?
Well, not really. I'm not sure what t"hjemmekino" means, but I think its home.. something. And Blancha sleeping so I can't ask her now.

LaMinka thank you so much for taking the time to scan those pictures, they are fabulous!

Looks like Ingrid has blonde hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom