Haakon & Mette-Marit: Picture Thread Part I

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i would love to see some new official photos of them ofcourse with their children but also only the two of them togather

What a lovely family. The picture which shows them making Christmas cookies is just adorable. Indeed, little Ingrid Alexandra looks a lot like her daddy.

Some various Scanpix pictures of Haakon and his family

1 Christmas pic with staff 2002
2 Haakon and reindeer
3 Haakon and extremsports
4 Haakon and Mette-Marit at the gala for Stortinget 2004
5 Haakon recieving the ambassador of Morocco feb.2004
6 The family in the woods
7 Ingid Alexandras baptism

Attachments

• pix_3.jpg
    pix_3.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 296
  • pix_8.jpg
    pix_8.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 286
  • pix_9.jpg
    pix_9.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 568
  • pix_10.jpg
    pix_10.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 226
  • pix_93.jpg
    pix_93.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 417
  • poppe_14.jpg
    poppe_14.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 407
  • pix_2.jpg
    pix_2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
Wonderful pictures, thanks Larzen for posting these! I especially like the one of the family in the woods, very nice! :) The big "group" picture, with all those people behind - is that like Court staff or something?

Great pics Larzen. They certainly have a big staff. Thanks a lot!

GrandDuchess said:
The big "group" picture, with all those people behind - is that like Court staff or something?

Yes. That's all the employees at the court.

loverly haakon and ingrid alexandra´s photo

Attachments

• haakon y ingrid.JPG
    haakon y ingrid.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 381
1 A family foto taken during the recieving line during the dinner for Stortinget last autumn

2-4 Some more big ones from the traditional dinner last autumn

And if you want to see some more or less well dresses polliticians they can be found on this link
http://www.siste.no/underholdning/article1299271.ece

5-6 Some big pictures of the royal family from the costume party in Drammen theater in january

Attachments

• pix_6.jpg
    pix_6.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 341
  • stortingsmiddag013__483004g.jpg
    stortingsmiddag013__483004g.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 263
  • stortingsmiddag016__483008g.jpg
    stortingsmiddag016__483008g.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 278
  • stortingsmiddag015__483006g.jpg
    stortingsmiddag015__483006g.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 256
  • Hundre_rsmarkering2_544259g.jpg
    Hundre_rsmarkering2_544259g.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 279
  • Hundre_rsmarkering3_544260g.jpg
    Hundre_rsmarkering3_544260g.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

Attachments

• mmm.jpg
    mmm.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:
Some more picture from Mette-Marits first act the day after the pregnancy was anounced from fotobank, opening of a childrens film festival in Kristiansand 26.04.05

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 218
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 208
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 209
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 203
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 174
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 317
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 208
Fab pictures really lovely

Holmenkollen Skifestival 2005

I thought of posting this in the "News and Pictures Thread" but this is sorta old news. I remember we did post pics in the N&P thread but they consisted of family on the balcony. Here are a few pics, going to and coming from the balcony.

Attachments

• 984B44592032.jpg
    984B44592032.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 267
  • 984B44692025.jpg
    984B44692025.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 288
  • 984B44792014.jpg
    984B44792014.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 984B44892010.jpg
    984B44892010.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 245
  • 984B44991992.jpg
    984B44991992.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 241
  • 984B45391952.jpg
    984B45391952.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 201
  • 984B45491950.jpg
    984B45491950.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 984B45591934.jpg
    984B45591934.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 984B47091796.jpg
    984B47091796.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 220
  • 984B47091797.jpg
    984B47091797.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 243
hippiesheep said:
I really like this couple a lot but it's kind of sad to see all this pictures.
I think they both looked so much better before they were married, young and hip.
Now they seem to be so ..settled :(

I really had to laugh when I read this, and you know, you're right. Remember Mette-Marit's H&M pullover? And those pictures of her carrying IKEA bags up to her flat? :) Such a wonderful down-to-earth girl!
But now they HAVE settled down. As Haakoon said once in an interview, as long as they were boyfriend and girlfriend, it was a private matter. Now that they're married, they have got to play a role in the public eye. Besides, they'Ve got two kids, and once you've got kids you're generally too stressed out to party.

which one was mm's h&m sweater? i think it has to do with some kind of scandinavianness. both ikea and h&m are both scndinavian brands and seems logical they want to support their brands in their normal leisure activities, as i'm sure many people from norway and sweden do over there. i remember also madeleine carring ikea bags or victoria wearing h&m's clothes.

however, i really prefer this couple now than before. they look better "settled down" as the previous poster said. at the beggining i saw this marriage a bit chaotic but now i think they give a much better look than before.

carlota said:
which one was mm's h&m sweater? i think it has to do with some kind of scandinavianness. both ikea and h&m are both scndinavian brands and seems logical they want to support their brands in their normal leisure activities, as i'm sure many people from norway and sweden do over there. i remember also madeleine carring ikea bags or victoria wearing h&m's clothes.

It was a striped h&m sweater, and a few days after she'd been photographed wearing it, it was sold out. However, some people criticized her for being too "un-princess-like". As ikea and h&m are Swedish, I don't think she buys those brands to be patriotic, but simply because she likes them.

however, i really prefer this couple now than before. they look better "settled down" as the previous poster said. at the beggining i saw this marriage a bit chaotic but now i think they give a much better look than before.

They're getting more and more diginified, aren't they? I liked them before and I like them now, I only wonder if Mette-Marit thinks she's stayed true to herself. She used to be so anti-establishment and now she's part of it, wearing gala gowns and tiaras every other day. Must be confusing!

agreed Smilla...don't know if mm stayed true to herself, but only time will tell, as it happened with many other princesses (lady di, soraya of persia, leila of iran...)

Smilla said:
I only wonder if Mette-Marit thinks she's stayed true to herself. She used to be so anti-establishment and now she's part of it, wearing gala gowns and tiaras every other day. Must be confusing!

I don't think it's a matter of whether or not Mette-Marit stayed true to herself, and I've never read anything that said she was anti-establishment before her marriage. It's simply a matter of lifestyles.

Frankly, I don't think Mette-Marit could've afforded Prada evening gowns before her marriage to Haakon. She was a student and a waitress raising a son on her own. Even if or with whatever financial support Marius' father would've provided Mette-Marit for Marius' care, she could not have afforded the sleeve from a Prada gown. (Not to mention the fact that any money Marius' father would've provided should've gone to clothes for him and not for her.)

Furthermore, she proabably didn't have anywhere of such importance to go that would require a Prada gown that a nice dress from a less expensive store couldn't suffice. Mette-Marit was a regular girl like many of us here at this forum with a pretty average life. Think about how often you have needed an evening gown, and as much as a Prada gown would've been nice, without going into debt for one evening, wouldn't a dress from Banana Republic done the trick?

In my opinon, the only way that Mette-Marit wouldn't be true to herself since marrying Haakon is if she gave up on the principles, qualities, beliefs and values that she lived her life by before marrying Haakon. Mette-Marit not being true to herself anymore has no bearing on what designers she wears or how many designer purses and shoes she has in her closet now versus then. But it seems that as she is still very much a doting mother and many of the friends she hung out with pre-marriage are still part of her life today (many of them still holiday in Norway with Mette-Marit and family as well as having been invited to Ingrid Alexandra's baptism), and that her family is still very much part of her life, I don't think she's abandoned the very essence of who she is and was. She just carries on those values and convictions in nicer, more expensive clothes now. ;)

Hear, Hear Alexandria! Well said! That is exactly the image I have of CP Mette-Marit! Your principles and values doesn't (necessary) change even if you marry a royal, and they are, in my opinion, one of the things you don't loose when stepping into the public lime light, like she did when she married CP Haakon.

So I agree with you when you say that if she is true to her principles and values from befor she married CP Haakon, she is true to herself.

Mette-Marit and Haakon are just "growing up" and most people do this. In your 20's you might want to party, get drunk, live life to the full but a majority of people as they age and find true love are happy to be "settled". They want to be together, have a family life etc.

Mette-Marit married into a family that had money, if she had married a wealthy man who was not a public figure she would probably have all the material things she has now.

As was stated by another poster when a single mum Prada was probably not on her list of things to buy.

If you take away Royal titles, money, luxury, Mette-Marit and Haakon come across as a very happy couple who are in love.

I bet if you asked them, neither would give up what they have now to go back to being single.

I'm not sure if this has been posted before. Below is a link to a video of Mette Marit in London at the lighting ceremony of a christmas tree. the video does not have any sound until the end when you can here mm speak english. She is very good!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1695007.stm

The link to the video is towards the bottom of the the web page. enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom