The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Norway > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 10:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Elizajane+May 28th, 2004 - 7:48 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Elizajane @ May 28th, 2004 - 7:48 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-norwegianne@May 28th, 2004 - 5:40 am
Great pictures. Mette-Marit looks very happy.
I agree. She looks very happy and beautiful. This is just a "wild guess" but I&#39;m wondering if she is pregnant again. There&#39;s just "something" about the cut of her dress which may indicate, in MHO ONLY, that she may be pregnant. If she is, that may be another reason "why" she looked so "glum" in Spain ~ morning sickness??

Elizajane [/b][/quote]
I actually had the same thought based on these pictures - prior to reading your post. Let&#39;s stress though, that this is pure speculation :)

Old 05-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Serene Highness

Mette-Marit and Ingrid in Amman

daddy in the background

switch

Old 05-28-2004, 01:09 PM
Gentry

Wow&#33; Thank you for posting all these pictures. That looks like one happy couple. I think this marriage will last. I just saw a picture in Se og Hor where Haakon is greeting Mette-Marit&#39;s ex and his new fiancee. He seems like a modern man. I remember being horrified by Mette-Marit&#39;s past, which was really wild, even by tolerant Norwegian standards. Yet I have to give HRH Haakon props for sticking up for her and being strong and not wishy-washy. That tells me he&#39;ll be a good king. I think Charles in is wishy washy and won&#39;t be a good king. I also think it&#39;s great the Japanese prince is sticking up for his wife. In pictures, they look like they love each other, too. My two cents, for what it&#39;s worth. B)
Old 05-29-2004, 09:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Chatleen+May 28th, 2004 - 10:56 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chatleen @ May 28th, 2004 - 10:56 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Elizajane@May 28th, 2004 - 7:48 am
<!--QuoteBegin-norwegianne
Quote:
@May 28th, 2004 - 5:40 am

I agree. She looks very happy and beautiful. This is just a "wild guess" but I&#39;m wondering if she is pregnant again. There&#39;s just "something" about the cut of her dress which may indicate, in MHO ONLY, that she may be pregnant. If she is, that may be another reason "why" she looked so "glum" in Spain ~ morning sickness??

Elizajane
I actually had the same thought based on these pictures - prior to reading your post. Let&#39;s stress though, that this is pure speculation :) [/b][/quote]
Of course, Chatleen, it&#39;s purely speculation, however, I just reviewed one of the threads of photos of Mette-Marit and Haakon ~ and, in one of them, she was wearing the same dress at an outdoor concert celebrating Haakon&#39;s birthday last year. I&#39;m pretty sure it was his birthday celebration.

When I saw the dress she wore at the beginning of the Amman wedding ~ the seafoam - colored one ~ I instantly recognized it, however, I had not noticed that the dress was made with lace. (I sort have memorized her maternity wardrobe). Sure enough, in one of these threads entitled "Mette-Marit and Haakon", she was sitting in a chair, up in the crowd, next to Haakon, at this concert. In accompanying photos of this event, (with her in that dress), they lean toward each other, kissing, and in another, it looks as though she is walking on the row (full of bleacher seats?) toward the isle. That was one fact which made me a&#39;guessing.

However, in the electric blue evening gown she wore in Spain, the night before the wedding, I complimented on a message board, how jealous I was of her, losing her "baby weight" so fast to look as marvelous as she did in Spain AND in Denmark in the dress she wore at the wedding ceremony.

I&#39;m not one who criticized her beige outfit at the Spanish wedding ceremony. It was typical Norweigen ~ simple but tasteful and elegant. Mette-Marit is not one to call attention to herself when it&#39;s time for "others to shine", i.e. the Danish and Spanish brides. However, she was subdued to the point where I (only) thought she may not be feeling well.

In Amman, she looked bright, happy, and pleased to smile for the photographers ... and, I thought she looked brillant ~ as a guest, a crown princess, a wife, and a mother. She deserves all my best wishes along with the for the entire Royal Family of Norway.

Thoughtfully,

Elizajane
Old 05-29-2004, 09:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Elizajane+May 29th, 2004 - 9:16 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Elizajane &#064; May 29th, 2004 - 9:16 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Chatleen@May 28th, 2004 - 10:56 am
Quote:
Originally posted by Elizajane@May 28th, 2004 - 7:48 am
<!--QuoteBegin-norwegianne
Quote:
Quote:
@May 28th, 2004 - 5:40 am

Elizajane

I actually had the same thought based on these pictures - prior to reading your post. Let&#39;s stress though, that this is pure speculation :)
Of course, Chatleen, it&#39;s purely speculation, however, I just reviewed one of the threads of photos of Mette-Marit and Haakon ~ and, in one of them, she was wearing the same dress at an outdoor concert celebrating Haakon&#39;s birthday last year. I&#39;m pretty sure it was his birthday celebration.

When I saw the dress she wore at the beginning of the Amman wedding ~ the seafoam - colored one ~ I instantly recognized it, however, I had not noticed that the dress was made with lace. (I sort have memorized her maternity wardrobe). Sure enough, in one of these threads entitled "Mette-Marit and Haakon", she was sitting in a chair, up in the crowd, next to Haakon, at this concert. In accompanying photos of this event, (with her in that dress), they lean toward each other, kissing, and in another, it looks as though she is walking on the row (full of bleacher seats?) toward the isle. That was one fact which made me a&#39;guessing.

However, in the electric blue evening gown she wore in Spain, the night before the wedding, I complimented on a message board, how jealous I was of her, losing her "baby weight" so fast to look as marvelous as she did in Spain AND in Denmark in the dress she wore at the wedding ceremony.

I&#39;m not one who criticized her beige outfit at the Spanish wedding ceremony. It was typical Norweigen ~ simple but tasteful and elegant. Mette-Marit is not one to call attention to herself when it&#39;s time for "others to shine", i.e. the Danish and Spanish brides. However, she was subdued to the point where I (only) thought she may not be feeling well.

In Amman, she looked bright, happy, and pleased to smile for the photographers ... and, I thought she looked brillant ~ as a guest, a crown princess, a wife, and a mother. She deserves all my best wishes along with the for the entire Royal Family of Norway.

Thoughtfully,

Elizajane [/b][/quote]
Enjoyed your thoughts, much more elaborated than mine :flower:

If there&#39;s any thruth in the speculations, then it soon will be confirmed. Let&#39;s hold our breahts and wait and see :)
Old 05-29-2004, 03:02 PM
Royal Highness

If MM is preggers again - and I confirm I shared the same suspicions with her blue dress at Amman - isn&#39;t that not too modern these days? I thought it was good form to wait a year for the poor lady to recover somewhat ... not unless Haakon likes her glow&#33;
Old 06-08-2004, 04:07 AM
Commoner

It&#39;s true when they say a picture tells a thousand words&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; A couple who look very much in love :-)
Old 06-10-2004, 05:36 AM
Nobility

Norway s Crown Prince Haakon R and his wife Mette-Marit arrive at Pardo Palace , in Madrid , for a gala dinner Friday 21 May 2004 , prior to the wedding of Spanish Prince Crown Felipe and his fiancee Letizia Ortiz

http://meta2.fotomarktplatz.de/image/layou...-10-06-1379.jpg
Old 06-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@May 29th, 2004 - 3:02 pm
If MM is preggers again - and I confirm I shared the same suspicions with her blue dress at Amman - isn&#39;t that not too modern these days? I thought it was good form to wait a year for the poor lady to recover somewhat ... not unless Haakon likes her glow&#33;
Well doctors usually say it&#39;s a good idea to wait a year for your body to recover but sometimes things happen. B)
"Many of us experience daily life becoming ever more hectic. This may be a good reason to stop a bit - and think about if what one spends time on is in fact how one really wants to spend it," Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Old 08-07-2004, 07:43 AM
Majesty

great picture
Old 08-07-2004, 07:56 AM
Majesty

Old 08-07-2004, 08:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Josefine@Aug 7th, 2004 - 7:56 am

Thanks, Josephine, for posting these photos again. I was delighted to go "down memory lane" once again in viewing them. I&#39;m always on the "lookout" for photos of Mette-Marit and Haakon together because I believe this couple is "inspirational" as far as "loving mates" are concerned ... and, there&#39;s been very little news about them since their return from Iceland with the exception of the wedding they attended a few weeks ago.

Again, thanks&#33;

Elizajane :)
Old 08-28-2004, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

As the will embark on a trip to Finnmark, I will post some pic from one of their previous trips in Norway, they are from Waypress an some of them might have been posted before

From their trip to Østfold in 2001

http://www.waypress.com/cgi-bin/open...%2FNU&rid=5356
http://www.waypress.com/cgi-bin/open...%2FNU&rid=5357
http://www.waypress.com/cgi-bin/open...%2FNU&rid=5363
http://www.waypress.com/cgi-bin/open...%2FNU&rid=5365
http://www.waypress.com/cgi-bin/open...%2FNU&rid=5373
http://www.waypress.com/cgi-bin/open...%2FNU&rid=5378
http://www.waypress.com/cgi-bin/open...%2FNU&rid=5381
http://www.waypress.com/cgi-bin/open...%2FNU&rid=5388
http://www.waypress.com/cgi-bin/open...%2FNU&rid=5396
Old 08-28-2004, 06:39 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks for the photos. She seems to be a fan of Burberry .

scarf

purse

A nice coat
Old 09-24-2004, 05:10 PM
Majesty

June 8, 2004 - Mette-Marit visting a drug rehab centre.

June 12, 2004 - Mette-Marit.

June 25, 2004 - Mette-Marit in front of Akershus Castle.

All pictures from www.cover.es
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	K10527701.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	42485   Click image for larger version

Name:	K10528801.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	42486   Click image for larger version

Name:	K10548203.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	42487   Click image for larger version

Name:	K10548206.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	42488  

Old 09-24-2004, 05:19 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks Mandy..:) I must say that 3nd picture is the most unusual clothing i've ever seen her wear..It just doesn't seem like something she would wear.
Old 09-25-2004, 02:46 AM
Nobility

I like her shoes on the last two photos. :) However, I think she looked horrible in the second one. Her heels are quite high, and I hated what she wore...
Old 09-26-2004, 05:38 PM
Courtier

I read Mette-Marit will be staring in a Norwegian Documentary that will be aired on Norwegian television in which she interviews the underpriviledged and poor in her country. Anyone know more about this exciting project?
Old 09-29-2004, 02:04 PM
Majesty

August 24, 2004 - Private ceremony for their 3rd wedding anniversary.
Brainpix Picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	e9bdc.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	43240  
Old 09-29-2004, 02:17 PM
Majesty

September 2004 - Geneva, Switzerland.
Pictures from www.fotomarktplatz.de
Attached Thumbnails