The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Norway > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent

GETTY IMAGES - Mette-Marit Tjessem Hoiby, left, with her fiancee Crown Prince Haakon of Norway, makes her first appearance with the rest of Norway's royal family at a traditional royal event called Holmenkollen, March 11, 2001 in Oslo, Norway. Mette-Marit will marry Crown Prince Haakon in August and is steadily showing up at official events that feature a royal presence.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NY_haakon_mette_marit_490a.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	28962  

Old 11-30-2003, 02:34 AM
Courtier

GREAT PICTURES! Thank you for posting them, Alexandria. :flower:

The all pics are very very wonderful. And your new avatar is very nice! I like your avatar's photo very much. Mette-Marit of your avatar's photo is very striking pose.

Old 12-28-2003, 01:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by jun5@Nov 10th, 2003 - 5:10 pm
unknown source
What a lovely revealing photo of Mette-Marit's adoration of her husband ... and, in turn, he offers his hand to her for support. Nothing against Frederick and Mary Donaldson, but I have failed to find a photo of them holding hands or him gently guiding her with his arm around her waist ~ however, I imagine there are many ways to show adoration and support to one's "significant other". This inspires me to be more appreciative of my husband.

Elizajane
Old 01-02-2004, 08:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by jun5+Nov 8th, 2003 - 9:56 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jun5 @ Nov 8th, 2003 - 9:56 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-King Christian@Nov 8th, 2003 - 9:02 am
Quote:
jun5** Posted: Nov 8th, 2003 - 8:49 am

unknown source
Where on earth did you dig this one up ?

I&#39;m sorry that I don&#39;t remember that I found it where. [/b][/quote]
This photo was taken the night of the wedding (after they were married). They were getting into a speedboat to be taken to "somewhere" (I can&#39;t remember the destination) .. but, later, got away from the media and somehow made it to NYC for part of their honeymoon.

What really surprised me is that they were in New York City at the time of the "9/11 tragedy". I didn&#39;t run across that fact for months and months. In the newspapers, it stated that the "Royal Couple" had been "ushered out" of NYC right after the tragedy. I&#39;m tremendously grateful that they were not "caught up in it" for their own safety&#39;s sake.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

What the papers were most concerned about regarding them and 9/11 was the Crown Princess&#39; fear of flying. They had to get her home, one way or another, and airplanes is the best way to do it... but a disaster like that has to be hell for someone who&#39;s afraid of flying. (Of course it was hell for everybody...)
Old 01-02-2004, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

This above photo of Haakon in the grey peacoat and Mette-Marit in the navy jacket and black scarf was taken before the engagement was announcement was announced.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@Nov 29th, 2003 - 5:50 pm
GETTY IMAGES - Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon and his wife Mette Marit attend the celebration of Norwegian Princess Martha Louise&#39;s 30th birthday September 22, 2001 in Bergen, Norway.
Wow&#33; What a dress &#33;&#33; This is the first time I&#39;ve seen this evening gown ~ I thought I had probably memorized her wardrobe by now ~ but, she surely looks "stunning" in this outfit. :o

Elizajane
Old 01-03-2004, 09:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 3:20 pm
This above photo of Haakon in the grey peacoat and Mette-Marit in the navy jacket and black scarf was taken before the engagement was announcement was announced.
Thank you for your explanation about that photo, Alexandria. You know well about many royal families truly. It is so amazing. :flower:
Old 01-03-2004, 11:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by jun5+Jan 2nd, 2004 - 12:31 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jun5 &#064; Jan 2nd, 2004 - 12:31 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Elizajane@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 8:52 am
Quote:
Originally posted by jun5@Nov 8th, 2003 - 9:56 am
<!--QuoteBegin-King Christian
Quote:
Quote:
@Nov 8th, 2003 - 9:02 am
Quote:
jun5** Posted: Nov 8th, 2003 - 8:49 am

unknown source
Where on earth did you dig this one up ?

I&#39;m sorry that I don&#39;t remember that I found it where.

This photo was taken the night of the wedding (after they were married). They were getting into a speedboat to be taken to "somewhere" (I can&#39;t remember the destination) .. but, later, got away from the media and somehow made it to NYC for part of their honeymoon.

What really surprised me is that they were in New York City at the time of the "9/11 tragedy". I didn&#39;t run across that fact for months and months. In the newspapers, it stated that the "Royal Couple" had been "ushered out" of NYC right after the tragedy. I&#39;m tremendously grateful that they were not "caught up in it" for their own safety&#39;s sake.
Thak you for your explanation, Elizajane. But the photograph which I posted is this photograph. I think that it isn&#39;t their wegginday&#39;s pictiure. I think that it is a photograph before their engagement. Is it right?

[/b][/quote]
Thanks, Alexandria, for correcting my posting photo identity. I thought it would be posted near those photographs where MM and Haakon were boarding a speedboard on the night after the wedding ceremony. Yes, the photo Alexandria described was before their marriage. Has she ever changed OR what??&#33;&#33;? Someone else described MM to "wine" ~ getting better with age. I really have to agree with that person. Looks like she is "blooming" ~ and, I hope for a safe delivery of the heir to the throne after it&#39;s father. I wonder if they secretly know the sex of the baby by sonography.

Elizajane
Old 01-03-2004, 12:38 PM
Commoner

Even though she is not my favorite princess, I like them as a couple you can see the love and admiration they have for each other. I see it with WA and Maxima too.

I think someone posted above about Prince Frederick and Mary Donaldson never been seen holding hands, I agree they seem very stiff , it&#39;s almost like there is no chemistry there. I wonder if their marriage will last.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:20 PM
Courtier

it seems like Princess Ingrid Alexandra is already home. Her first visitors were King Harald, Queen Sonja, Princess Märtha Louise and her husband Ari Behn, as well as Mette-Marits brother Espen Höiby and her sister Kirsten Höiby visited the little princess Ingrid Alexandra at Skaugum.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 02-11-2004, 01:14 PM
Nobility

Walking 2004
Photo By: Brain Pix

http://64.55.38.183/previews/4/3704.jpeg
Old 02-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Courtier

wow it looks cold there&#33; thank you for the picture.
Old 05-01-2004, 03:36 AM
Majesty

old picture

one more
Old 05-01-2004, 03:52 AM
Majesty

on royal duty

out for a walk

a great black and white picture
Old 05-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Serene Highness

COPENHAGEN, DENMARK: Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette Marit arrive to the Royal Palace of Amalienborg in Copenhagen 12 May 2004 to take part in a dinner party for young royals and friends of Danish Crown Prince Frederik and his Australian fiancee Mary Donaldson. The wedding of the two take place Friday May 14 in Copenhagen&#39;s Cathedral.

Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon (L) is assisted by his wife Crown Princess Mette-Marit to button his jacket arriving for a party hosted Australian Mary Elizabeth Donaldson and fiancee Danish Crown Prince Frederik at the "Lille Vega" club in Copenhagen 12 May 2004

Old 05-21-2004, 05:24 PM
Serene Highness

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50883764...3944D37F5DB6752 This dress looks like it&#39;s for a junior prom.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:22 AM
Nobility

From Imagine Scandinavia, Haakon & Mette-Marit Jordan wedding pics

http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v197/n...ding/113739.jpg
http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v197/n...ding/113760.jpg
http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v197/n...ding/113764.jpg

http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v197/n...ding/113744.jpg
http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v197/n...ding/113780.jpg
http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v197/n...ding/113745.jpg

Take a look at the ring
http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v197/n...ding/113782.jpg
http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v197/n...ding/113766.jpg
I remember seeing Rania and Princess Noor wearing a similar ring. Is it a Jordanian gift to Mette-Marit?
Old 05-28-2004, 05:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Great pictures. Mette-Marit looks very happy.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by norwegianne@May 28th, 2004 - 5:40 am
Great pictures. Mette-Marit looks very happy.
I agree. She looks very happy and beautiful. This is just a "wild guess" but I&#39;m wondering if she is pregnant again. There&#39;s just "something" about the cut of her dress which may indicate, in MHO ONLY, that she may be pregnant. If she is, that may be another reason "why" she looked so "glum" in Spain ~ morning sickness??

Elizajane