Haakon and Mette-Marit Current Events: April 2007 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what lovely costumes! And it must be so cooooooooold. And here in Rio we are melting with the heat.I´d like some of that snow!

The temperature in Karasjok and Kautokeino is around -30 degrees C, or around -86 degrees F these days, so it's rather cold. Especially if there's wind as well.

Incredible ! It must be hard to live in that cold

On the Ocassion of the Visit, the Royal House web has now abiable in the Sami Language.
kongehuset.no - Sami

That is so great! I love it! This is a great step in the right direction, to protect a minority language. Other official royal house websites should do the same.

I also love Haakon and Mette-Marit wearing the traditional Sami costumes. Mette-Marit looks great in bright colours.

Today the couple celebrated the Sami national day in Karasjok.

-For our wedding in 2001 we were both lucky and received ”kofter” (the traditional dress they are wearing), the Crown Princess says.

The Sami President said the couple came well prepared to the visit, and that answering their questions was pure joy. He also says it’s an honour to have them visit.

They were asked if they though a Sami could one day become Prime Minister, to which the Crown Prince replied, yes, we have a minister who is Sami now and it is nothing that stands in the way of anyone regardless of their heritage to hold high positions in politics. A journalist also asked weather Princess Ingrid Alexandra will learn to speak Sami. To that the Crown Prince said: That is not a language that us taught officially in the Oslo schools. If it were to happen it would have to happen privately. The Crown Princess said, laughing, that they made no promises. She also said she thinks the Sami language is a very beautiful one, the sound of it is very beautiful and that is an inspiration to learn more of it.

About the Sami version of the Royal webpage: Not all of what is on the Norwegian version will be translated, but parts of it, and certainly everything that relates to the Sami people or they culture.

Video: – Samisk er flott å høre på - NRK Sámi Radio - NRK

Video: NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling

Another Video, were they are laughing over to mistakes they made with their clothing. The hat the Crown Prince is wearing is turned the wrong way, in a meaning saying he is single and not married as is the meaning when the tassel in the hat is turned the other way around. And then it was the shoes of The Crown Princess, the tassel on it are meant to be on side and not in front.

Video *|* TV2.no

Men du er jo gift, Haakon! - SEHER.NO : Norske kongehus

Kronprins Haakon med sameluetabbe - ble singel! - VG Nett om Kronprinsparet

:) Love the first picture of The Crown Princess here. VG Nett - Se kronprinsparet i Finnmark

Krompen bar samedusken feil vei, ble singel - kjendis - Dagbladet.no

- SPESIAL - Bildeserier - Aftenposten.no

Many great picures, click on an image to go to the next one. Bildeserier

Great pictures. Thanks.
I simply love these two.

I read in the newspaper today, that the Crown Princess also held a speech on their trip, and she spoke more Sami than what The Crown Prince did. She started the speech in Sami, then after a while, asked for understanding that she would continue in Norwegian, because she had only been able to learn so much Sami on a few short days before the visit. People were very impressed, and said she spoke Sami very well, better than the Crown Prince. They understood all she said and was very pleased with her.

Very cold I think but beautiful pictures. They have fun and that's nice !!

What stunning, beautiful pictures everyone! Many thanks for posting these! The national costume is so colourful and looks stunning against the white background of the snow!

those pictures are great. they are so adorable and down-to-earth, i wouldn't imagine many royals who would be comfortable dressing with such traditional dresses with such easy and naturality. well done for them!

Great couple! Too bad I don't understand the videos but it's great to see them so spontaneously (how do you spell that??) and having so much fun!

MM and Hakkon looke so cute and so down-earth. That's great to see them wearing the traditional customes!:) I watched all the videos but I can't understand the language. They seemed so knowledgable when they spoke the Sami language.:flowers:

This was just a rumor started by a german gossip magazine (by whom else? :D).
They started the rumors that Hollywood plans to make a movie about Mette-Marit's story. ... with Gwyneth as MM and Keanu as Haakon. :whistling:

Thanks for the explanation. For a moment I was excited. Maybe in time I hope will be real.​

The funny thing is, even though this turned out to be a rumor, I would still love to see this film.

I would love to see this film too. Maybe the rumor will inspire hollywood to make one!

i can´t find the engagment thread but maybe you can help me.

how did the official engagment take place

when was that a statement of the engagment
when was the meeting with the konsilj
and then the press

That is a nice color for MM. The outfit looks a little heavy. (is it still very cold there?) What was the event for? There seems to be a lot of children present!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom